Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2082855 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #15240 on: May 21, 2018, 07:15:20 PM »
 :gladbron :mynicca

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15241 on: May 21, 2018, 07:17:35 PM »
expanse fans, bless up

https://twitter.com/TheExpanseWR/status/998692719928135680

We'll never have to worry about it again

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties.

I'm half way through season 2. I started it last week.  :-*

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15243 on: May 22, 2018, 12:02:55 AM »
Westwhirl is getting even dumber even faster than I ever could have imagined :rejoice
the gaysha dancing to wutang  :doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15244 on: May 22, 2018, 12:09:12 AM »
that shit cracked me up. This show is so dumb. Throw delores and teddy in an incinerator already

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15245 on: May 22, 2018, 04:08:39 AM »
i hope as part of the deal with amazon, they have to recast that indian ambassador bitch. had enough of her old ugly ass face  :yuck

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15246 on: May 22, 2018, 04:10:32 AM »
I bet you look like a catcher's mitt.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15247 on: May 22, 2018, 04:13:12 AM »
i look amazing

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15248 on: May 22, 2018, 04:21:10 AM »
all this hoopla, meanwhile nobody cares about poor ol benji losing Lucifer forever on a cliffhanger :gloomy

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15249 on: May 22, 2018, 04:24:31 AM »
are the comics still going? never got into it enough to keep up and the show looked cheap

benjipwns

« Reply #15250 on: May 22, 2018, 04:31:54 AM »
Been watching Showtimes 'Billions'

This is a fantastic modern day cock waving epic. Two dudes, each with different moral compases, escalating a situation to a point of mutual self destruction.
Billions is fun. Some of the writing for the stock guys teeters on the edge of being obnoxious sometimes
having recently and inadvertently read a lot (Black Edge for example that i posted in the book thread) about both the real life people (and surrounding culture) that the characters were originally based off of, i'm not sure if you could write it as anything but obnoxious cock waving in the first place

giamatti is supposed to be based on preet bharara for example

actually reminded me to look back into the show for reasons other than to look at damian lewis, had no idea it was into more than one season, let alone coming down the pike of a third

benjipwns

« Reply #15251 on: May 22, 2018, 04:32:48 AM »
are the comics still going? never got into it enough to keep up and the show looked cheap
lost the short term return of that a while back, i guess it was always intended to just be a short single story revival though

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #15252 on: May 22, 2018, 07:47:30 AM »
all this hoopla, meanwhile nobody cares about poor ol benji losing Lucifer forever on a cliffhanger :gloomy
wait is the show cancelled? they axed mozart in the jungle too, presumably for the lotr show

benjipwns

« Reply #15253 on: May 22, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »
yeah, it was cancelled back in early May by Fox, though Tom Ellis himself along with the showrunners are talking to and targeting streaming services (rather than another network) and apparently Netflix asked for some production details but seems that's just more standard practice (probably especially since they already have what a season four would look like planned out) though does mean they didn't immediately reject the idea

and Fox announced they're going to air the two "standalone" episodes that were shot but held back to fill schedule gaps in a potential season four (they did this last season, four were shot during season two's cycle but held back for season three with some minor reshoots done...originally in part because Maze's actress got pregnant), they initially weren't going to air them, just stick them in the season packages, etc. but changed their mind this week to air them both next week

i don't really expect it to get picked up but it getting away from a network procedural demand to become tighter plotted/better serialized would be kinda cool even if only for a wrap up season (of half-size versus network season sizes) or two

i really should also learn my lesson about shows starring the devil...first Reaper ends on a cliffhanger, now this!

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #15254 on: May 22, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
binged watched three seasons of rick and morty, don't understand the adulation it came across as a poor man's futurama

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15255 on: May 22, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »
binged watched three seasons of rick and morty, don't understand the adulation it came across as a poor man's futurama
I like Rick and Morty.  It is a poor man's Futurama but think of how good Futurama was which never was able to gain a massive audience.

Make it a bit stupider and you got Rick and Morty, massive success.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #15256 on: May 22, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
I like Rick and Morty.  It is a poor man's Futurama but think of how good Futurama was which never was able to gain a massive audience.

fair enough, and i should say that i definitely didn't think it was awful but the way people rant about it you'd think it was as good as futurama or harvey birdman attorney at law. i guess i went in with unrealistically high expectations

Tasty

« Reply #15258 on: May 22, 2018, 04:58:59 PM »
I think it's being split up.

Also the reviews seem to say it's in between s1-3 and s4.

I like you didn't hate s4, and in fact it has some of the best payoffs/gags in the series. But it was super uneven. I'm more split on s4 Remix - it's more similar to what I like about the series, and has less stretches of dead times between laughs, but the payoffs in the back-half aren't nearly as good as the original cut.

In the end, I'm just glad we have two more seasons of AD, and that this revival has turned out better than Family Guy's and Futurama's.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15259 on: May 22, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Halfway through Season 2 of Westworld what I'll say is that like a lot of television it feels like a show that was sold on a killer premise of a first season and the writers maybe don't have as many interesting ideas of how to extend something like this season after season as you would have hoped.

Which is not to say that I think its a bad show, or anything remotely like that. Just that the mystery this season is far less interesting to me than the mysteries of the first season. The first season was compelling because you felt like you had to know the story behind a handful of super important secrets. The secrets this season are far less enticing so to cover for that you would need to tell just a really good story where it doesn't really matter if its about mysteries or not.

We'll see what the second half of the season brings.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15260 on: May 22, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »

fair enough, and i should say that i definitely didn't think it was awful but the way people rant about it you'd think it was as good as futurama or harvey birdman attorney at law. i guess i went in with unrealistically high expectations
Good for you that Adult Swim is releasing a new season of Harvey Birdman then.

I'm also excited.

Halfway through Season 2 of Westworld what I'll say is that like a lot of television it feels like a show that was sold on a killer premise of a first season and the writers maybe don't have as many interesting ideas of how to extend something like this season after season as you would have hoped.

Which is not to say that I think its a bad show, or anything remotely like that. Just that the mystery this season is far less interesting to me than the mysteries of the first season. The first season was compelling because you felt like you had to know the story behind a handful of super important secrets. The secrets this season are far less enticing so to cover for that you would need to tell just a really good story where it doesn't really matter if its about mysteries or not.

We'll see what the second half of the season brings.
Despite it's downturn it's still a decent and entertaining show.

Tasty

« Reply #15261 on: May 23, 2018, 02:46:06 PM »
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/23/arrested-development-season-5-review/

The cast is “back together” relatively early, which means the phrase “Whole Episode About George Senior” need never be uttered ever again. But the cure is worse than the disease. Some subplots take forever. People keep going to Mexico, then coming back from Mexico, then going back to Mexico again.

I mean they already lampooned this in season 2, so I don't see this as an issue lol. They go back to Mexico like three times in one episode.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15262 on: May 24, 2018, 01:15:29 AM »
Watched first episode of True Detective. I'm loving the style and I'm going to watch the rest of the season but these Rust monologues are killing me!
每天生气

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15263 on: May 24, 2018, 02:12:33 AM »
but these Rust monologues are killing me!
Rust monologues are best part of show!

shosta

« Reply #15264 on: May 24, 2018, 02:14:43 AM »
I can learn to enjoy them in a campy way. I'm sure the writers realize they're sort of ridiculous because even Harrelson's character keeps telling Rust to "shut the fuck up"!
每天生气

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15265 on: May 24, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »
The back and forth dynamic between them is the heart and soul of the show. I have nothing bad to say about Truth Detective Season 1.

Just stop after the first season and pretend the second doesn't exist.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15266 on: May 24, 2018, 02:50:20 AM »
mmmm shosta is kinda right though.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
especially given the end
[close]

Stoney Mason

Tasty

« Reply #15268 on: May 24, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »
I was fine with all the monologues until the last one, which felt really out of place.

Then I read that the writers came up with that monologue first and wrote the show to get there, and it all made sense.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15269 on: May 25, 2018, 04:03:54 AM »
season 3 ep 7, best expanse episode in a while  :whoo

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15270 on: May 25, 2018, 04:07:05 AM »
Yeah it's the start of new stuff :noah

shosta

« Reply #15271 on: May 25, 2018, 04:30:25 AM »
I'm seven episodes into True Detective and I'm all fucked up. This show really fucked me up.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15272 on: May 25, 2018, 04:40:20 AM »
I'm seven episodes into True Detective and I'm all fucked up. This show really fucked me up.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15273 on: May 25, 2018, 05:03:26 AM »
If you think you're fucked up now, just wait until you see season 2.

:rejoice :rejoice

Cryo

« Reply #15274 on: May 25, 2018, 08:20:30 AM »
season 3 ep 7, best expanse episode in a while  :whoo
yep, writing on fleek. I’m so glad they skipped a lot of the cruft while having solid worldbuilding, cause the beginning of the book wasn’t great.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15275 on: May 25, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
I was beginning to sour on the show, nice to see they can still bring the goods.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15276 on: May 25, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
I can learn to enjoy them in a campy way. I'm sure the writers realize they're sort of ridiculous because even Harrelson's character keeps telling Rust to "shut the fuck up"!
dude, what? if you don't like his monologues how can you like the show?

The Handmaid's Tale S02e06

Finally something good happens this season! The show was starting to get annoying, it's been nothing but anguish and on the nose liberal talking points. Now we got somewhere.

shosta

« Reply #15277 on: May 25, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
dude, what? if you don't like his monologues how can you like the show?
Me during first episode: Lol, this guy's cuckoo. Someone give him some abilify.
Me during eigth episode: Life is just a constant state of decay and we're all dancing against the tide like ghosts in the moonlight.
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15278 on: May 25, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
even during the corny ass, completely out of character "i guess things aren't so bad" one at the very end?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15279 on: May 25, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
even during the corny ass, completely out of character "i guess things aren't so bad" one at the very end?
the end ruined the show for a lot of people. i wish it ended differently, with him in the hospital bed and horribly cynical but whatever. it still was a good show and i'll accept his 'turn'

Borealis

« Reply #15280 on: May 26, 2018, 01:21:55 AM »
Bezos has announced Amazon to be picking up The Expanse as a Prime original. :rejoice

shosta

« Reply #15281 on: May 26, 2018, 01:32:27 AM »
What show should I watch now? I tried the first episode of True Detective's second season and realized it would be insufferably bad. Need something that crawls under my skin and unsettles me over time. I was a huge fan of Hannibal before that was cancelled.
每天生气

Quaker

« Reply #15282 on: May 26, 2018, 01:44:09 AM »
The Knick.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15283 on: May 26, 2018, 02:12:26 AM »
Quaker is a fucking dipshit. You should watch

The Knick is actually really good
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15284 on: May 26, 2018, 04:05:57 AM »
Started watching breaking bad again, what's up with the goth chick falling for pencil dick?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15285 on: May 26, 2018, 04:25:13 AM »
What show should I watch now? I tried the first episode of True Detective's second season and realized it would be insufferably bad. Need something that crawls under my skin and unsettles me over time. I was a huge fan of Hannibal before that was cancelled.

Give Mindhunter a shot.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15286 on: May 26, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
Bezos has announced Amazon to be picking up The Expanse as a Prime original. :rejoice

Good fortune never happens to anything I like in any entertainment medium. I've never been on the happy side of one of these reversals. At least of a show I like this much.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15287 on: May 26, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »
the newsroom

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15288 on: May 26, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »
Babylon Berlin. (in german with english subtitles)

Cryo

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15290 on: May 26, 2018, 11:39:36 PM »
someone help me here...

why is Thomas Janes' character obsessed with this bitch he never met? I'm halfway through season 2 of the Expanse  and he's still hung up on this dead bitch. Did i miss something ? Or are they simply pandering to weirdo nerds that obsess over women that never knew they existed?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15291 on: May 27, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
someone help me here...

why is Thomas Janes' character obsessed with this bitch he never met? I'm halfway through season 2 of the Expanse  and he's still hung up on this dead bitch. Did i miss something ? Or are they simply pandering to weirdo nerds that obsess over women that never knew they existed?

He wants to find her cause his life is shit and he's got nothing else to focus on. It's like when doctors fall in love with their patients because they get too emotionally invested in trying to save them. It's more like he's obsessed with the quest of solving her disappearance than obsessed with her specifically though.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15292 on: May 27, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »
someone help me here...

He wants to find her cause his life is shit and he's got nothing else to focus on. It's like when doctors fall in love with their patients because they get too emotionally invested in trying to save them. It's more like he's obsessed with the quest of solving her disappearance than obsessed with her specifically though.
Ok, i'm past that though breh. She's fucking dead. DEAD. Why is he still weird about her?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15293 on: May 27, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »
Well he spends the first book/season building her up in his mind, then when she's dead he gets depressed and just wants to fuck over the people responsible.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15294 on: May 27, 2018, 12:56:23 AM »
Well he spends the first book/season building her up in his mind, then when she's dead he gets depressed and just wants to fuck over the people responsible.

In other words the writers are pandering to virgins? Don't put pussy on a pedestal kid. Rule #1.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15295 on: May 27, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »
asian pussy  :neogaf

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15296 on: May 27, 2018, 12:58:51 AM »
asian pussy  :neogaf

the one thing that still eludes me.

one day damn it, one day.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15297 on: May 27, 2018, 01:30:07 AM »
For some reason I still want to try nip pussy. I've had all sorts of other asian, but not jap.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15298 on: May 27, 2018, 01:35:24 AM »
Well I for one think putting pussy on a pedestal is super romantic.

Havn't you read The Great Gatsby?

filler please like one of my posts. You like everyone's posts but mine. Stop negging me. And don't say "nip" it's racist
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15299 on: May 27, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »
For some reason I still want to try nip pussy. I've had all sorts of other asian, but not jap.
There's other asian puss besides Jap?  :o

I'd only dare go south korean or japanese. Everything else

:donot