Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1795089 times)

Rman

Himuro, they locked your thread because some few trolls? smh.  I thought there was some good back and forth going there. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:24:13 PM by Rman »

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:heart Shelties :heart

:heartbeat
zzz

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
He likes MMA, so who knows.

and what the fuck does that mean?

theres a correlation between the alpha male types who are into mma and people who like nickelback. just sayin'.

Go back to your forum, smh.
Drunk

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

theres a correlation between the alpha male types who are into mma and people who like nickelback. just sayin'.

Really?  There is?  You know this from doing, like, scientific surveys an' shit?

No, you're just being a stupid cock.

also: :lol @ EviLore being an "alpha male type".
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:41:40 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Himu

Himuro, they locked your thread because some few trolls? smh.  I thought there was some good back and forth going there. 

It was locked because it was way off topic. The topic was not about Japanese vs Western games it was about "lol u liek japanese u weeaboo u play shit game" sentiment that has spread across the interweb for who knows what reason. It's just that people can't fucking read and think I'm asking "why is japan struggling this gen????" when everyone knows the goddamn answer to that.
IYKYK

Costanza

Really?  There is?  You know this from doing, like, scientific surveys an' shit?

:-*

Costanza

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399457

first time since getting banned that i've wanted to post there :(

Skidmark

Jansen

[youtube=560,345]Ag1hFak1Du0[/youtube] :-\

Skidmark

yeah that was just stupid. I really dislike that guy.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
What? That was hilarious.
fat

Skidmark

Funny but still stupid. He once talked to a kids mother an told her to cancel all her credit cards and so on. It would be slightly funnier if he fucks with guys his age instead.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Maybe these kids should stop being dumbasses like Samoa "Joe" the 8th grader
fat

Skidmark

Maybe thats just me but I hate seeing old grownups teaming up together to pick on and make fun of kids playing video games.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Nothing wrong with kids playing games. It is people like Samoa Joe who deserve it

"I'm gonna hack you" :lol
fat

Skidmark

He is just a kid, he will grow up and learn.

This is not that funny either but at least its grown ups on grown ups.

I am going to drop it now, I just wanted to say that I don't enjoy what he does mostly because he is making fun of poor kids.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]yLBHooqolaw [/youtube]

drew

• sy
that prank call is making me fall a fucking sleep, once youre used to stern show caliber calls you cant enjoy anything else

Skidmark

that prank call is making me fall a fucking sleep, once youre used to stern show caliber calls you cant enjoy anything else
What about these:

There is a ton of them in the related section on youtube.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

:-*

Oh, all right, you filthy hipster, we can hump and make up.

:hump
MMA

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
sorry for double posting but this thing is so cool looking :o
[youtube=560,345]#![/youtube]
<----

jiji

Reminds me of:

[youtube=560,345]ejROvUC-gWU[/youtube]

And just because:
[youtube=560,345]z_AbfPXTKms[/youtube]
OTL

Jansen

i really like this interview :drool

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
That shirt + dem tits + E3 = Not a good idea

Oh my God at her making the Vanille sounds :uguu :drool I don't like the part of me that finds that hot
:9

OptimoPeach

Maybe thats just me but I hate seeing old grownups teaming up together to pick on and make fun of kids playing video games.
Naw the mouthy little distinguished mentally-challenged fellow deserved it
hi5

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
go to: google.com
type: 2204355
hit "I'm feeling lucky"

nat

Bebpo

:uguu hat on

American voice recording is so weird.  She never even met any of the other voice actors.  Doing ensemble scenes with each actor completely isolated is just ... ???  I don't see why voice recording is done like this.  In Japan if it's an ensemble scene of 4 people, all 4 stand in the same room and do it together in a single take.  I think that's a big reason why stuff like skits in Tales of games and stuff works well, since they're actually playing off each other like the characters are.

:uguu hat off

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Doesn't that motherfucker mean fate?

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
:uguu hat on

American voice recording is so weird.  She never even met any of the other voice actors.  Doing ensemble scenes with each actor completely isolated is just ... ???  I don't see why voice recording is done like this.  In Japan if it's an ensemble scene of 4 people, all 4 stand in the same room and do it together in a single take.  I think that's a big reason why stuff like skits in Tales of games and stuff works well, since they're actually playing off each other like the characters are.

:uguu hat off

That's how Batman: TAS and most of the Dini/Timm DCU stuff did it, too.  I think the results speak well for the method.

If i remember correctly even the Uncharted games do this (with the second one going as far as to motion capture them while voice recording) and the interactions in those games are really good IMO.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
 :'(

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

etiolate

omg :lol

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
hit "I'm feeling lucky"

:lol
sup

Beezy

Oh my God at her making the Vanille sounds :uguu :drool I don't like the part of me that finds that hot
I had the same reaction. :lol

hit "I'm feeling lucky"
:rofl
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:46:55 AM by Beezy »

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
hit "I'm feeling lucky"

Is that the guille theme?  :lol
©ZH

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
The only one I recognize from those videos is Street Sharks, I owned a bunch of toys from the show even though I never liked it I just thought they looked pretty cool :lol
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399435

Armchair Analyst thread.

Any thoughts slime, since your a dev.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:37:03 AM by Purple Filth »

jiji

I owned the Triceratops and the T-Rex from Extreme Dinosaurs.

I love how 90's cartoons randomly pick anything and make it into a super hero group that wants to save the world  :lol One of my favorite cartoons was about some troll/turtle looking things who were a rock band and had this hot chick helping them as they save the worl with the power of rock, please someone help me I want to find this.

OTL

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
PS4

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
The top review of Toy STory 3 on Metacritic:

Without Ken, Barbie is just Barbie. But now that the skinny doll has been joined by her metrosexual soulmate, the Mattel toys can't help but evoke Richard and Karen Carpenter in Todd Haynes' "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story", the legendary underground film which tells the tragic story about the beloved seventies-era vocalist's losing fight with anorexia nervosa. In this 1987 Douglas Sirk-like "Toy Story", the then twenty-six-year-old Brown graduate had rendered the self-afflicting disease by doctoring Barbie dolls to signify Karen's incremental weight loss; her disintergration, by whittling away the plastic arms and legs. Not surprisingly, the filmmaker angered the toy manufacturer, as well as the surviving Carpenter, who will never give Haynes the music clearance for the duo's catalogue that was used on the film's soundtrack without authorization, which would result in a public exhibition and ensuing DVD release of this rumored-to-be-masterpiece. In the cult novel "Fuel-Injected Dreams" by James Robert Baker, the narrator, a radio industry guy, revels in popular love songs that carries an undertone of death beneath the influx of serotonin(i.e. Diana Ross & the Supremes "Someday We'll Be Together") on the tune's surface. In "Toy Story 3", "Take my Breath Away"(used in the movie's trailer), the Berlin song that accompanies Ken and Barbie's instantaneous love connection, not only carries a title with murderous connotations, but the band's name itself evokes muscle atrophy and bone loss; weight loss due to starvation. Ken, despite being shirtless in one scene, nevertheless comes off as an asexual being, by default, actually, since he's not anatomically correct, which makes Ken and Barbie more like brother and sister, than lovers. So where is Ken's penis? It's dislocated, materializing itself as Mr. Potato Head, especailly when the talking spud slips his "skin" and ends up as a cucumber(an obvious phallic symbol; the filmmaker alludes to the King Missle minor hit "Detachable Penis"). Throughout the course of "Toy Story 3", Mr. Potato Head changes form(just like the Barbie doll in the Haynes film), reconstructing himself first as a tortilla(in which a bird tries to eat him: code for "eat like a bird", which is how anorexics approach their meals), then as a cucumber, a vegetable that's considerably skinnier than its original potato shape. In "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story", the filmmaker suggests that Richard was partly responsible for her sister's death, so the many phases which the MALE potato undergoes, can be construed as an atonement, as if the pianist is walking in his dead sister's shoes. After all, who built Ken's Dream House? A carpenter. Karen.

What the fuck.
wha

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The top review of Toy STory 3 on Metacritic:

Without Ken, Barbie is just Barbie. But now that the skinny doll has been joined by her metrosexual soulmate, the Mattel toys can't help but evoke Richard and Karen Carpenter in Todd Haynes' "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story", the legendary underground film which tells the tragic story about the beloved seventies-era vocalist's losing fight with anorexia nervosa. In this 1987 Douglas Sirk-like "Toy Story", the then twenty-six-year-old Brown graduate had rendered the self-afflicting disease by doctoring Barbie dolls to signify Karen's incremental weight loss; her disintergration, by whittling away the plastic arms and legs. Not surprisingly, the filmmaker angered the toy manufacturer, as well as the surviving Carpenter, who will never give Haynes the music clearance for the duo's catalogue that was used on the film's soundtrack without authorization, which would result in a public exhibition and ensuing DVD release of this rumored-to-be-masterpiece. In the cult novel "Fuel-Injected Dreams" by James Robert Baker, the narrator, a radio industry guy, revels in popular love songs that carries an undertone of death beneath the influx of serotonin(i.e. Diana Ross & the Supremes "Someday We'll Be Together") on the tune's surface. In "Toy Story 3", "Take my Breath Away"(used in the movie's trailer), the Berlin song that accompanies Ken and Barbie's instantaneous love connection, not only carries a title with murderous connotations, but the band's name itself evokes muscle atrophy and bone loss; weight loss due to starvation. Ken, despite being shirtless in one scene, nevertheless comes off as an asexual being, by default, actually, since he's not anatomically correct, which makes Ken and Barbie more like brother and sister, than lovers. So where is Ken's penis? It's dislocated, materializing itself as Mr. Potato Head, especailly when the talking spud slips his "skin" and ends up as a cucumber(an obvious phallic symbol; the filmmaker alludes to the King Missle minor hit "Detachable Penis"). Throughout the course of "Toy Story 3", Mr. Potato Head changes form(just like the Barbie doll in the Haynes film), reconstructing himself first as a tortilla(in which a bird tries to eat him: code for "eat like a bird", which is how anorexics approach their meals), then as a cucumber, a vegetable that's considerably skinnier than its original potato shape. In "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story", the filmmaker suggests that Richard was partly responsible for her sister's death, so the many phases which the MALE potato undergoes, can be construed as an atonement, as if the pianist is walking in his dead sister's shoes. After all, who built Ken's Dream House? A carpenter. Karen.

What the fuck.

:dizzy
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399435

Armchair Analyst thread.

Any thoughts slime, since your a dev.

Wow, that is a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged thread.
I love it when people start the whole movie comparisons.
The used car comparisons are also good for a chuckle.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
AT-a-tAT TAT -- WOOF!
« Reply #11389 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »
[youtube=560,345]-CVYOCMpJRY[/youtube]

drew

• sy
Why hasn't my wastinyourlife.com account been approved yet? Does it take forever just like gaf? I sense some some Evilore penis envy in costanza, yes, very strong in this one

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
:lol that at-at video was cute
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Why hasn't my wastinyourlife.com account been approved yet? Does it take forever just like gaf? I sense some some Evilore penis envy in costanza, yes, very strong in this one

I got approved right away.
dog

drew

• sy
He must be afraid of what I'm going to his quaint little forum :lol

Costanza

admin approval isn't even on...  ???

Robo

Saw this on BoingBoing: a collection of sci-fi illustrations by Edd Cartier.

http://goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com/2010/06/edd-cartier-1914-2008-travelers-of.html

obo

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
I don't know if i'll stick around at WYL. There's a lot of posters there that were whiny bitches at GAF.
UNF

Costanza

Red Scarlet just got demodded.

::) @ Evilore

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I don't know if i'll stick around at WYL. There's a lot of posters there that were whiny bitches at GAF.

As if you have a choice - bye loser, maybe you can find another fat chick there to fuck
fat

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler

As if you have a choice - bye loser, maybe you can find another fat chick there to fuck

don't be mean  :'(
UNF