Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1806197 times)

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #18782 on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »
Costanza :rofl
dog

Raban

• The baby...
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #18783 on: November 28, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
first time i check this thread in forever and theres people talking about how they love cheeseburgers

smh

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol
SRY

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18785 on: November 28, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
And more importantly, what size dress does she wear?
sup

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #18786 on: November 28, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414251

Are higher res console ports with sharper textures and some improved lighting effects supposed to blow me away or what? 

Aside from the perfectly captured, during motion blur Crysis jungle shot, nothing there blows me away.  Even The Witcher 2 screen that psychotic nutjob 'ghst' posted looks nothing more than a higher res console game with slightly better effects.

If these are indicative of a "full generational leap", I'm disappointed.  I expect X720 & PS4 to have a much bigger leap than higher res and sharper textures.  The leap from PS2 to PS3, for example, was just huge.. not just in resolution but a wide array of next-gen effects and features.

These PC elitists are more annoying than Nfags now... something I didn't think was possible.
hey

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #18787 on: November 28, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »
These PC elitists are more annoying than Nfags now... something I didn't think was possible.

No way. It's annoying, but it's just dick-waving. Nothing's as bad as Nintendo fanboys.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18788 on: November 28, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
It's all about the AA and V-Sync.
dog

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #18789 on: November 28, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »

No way. It's annoying, but it's just dick-waving. Nothing's as bad as Nintendo fanboys.

At least Nfags keep to themselves nowadays.. in their sales threads and whatnot.

These PC nutjobs take a shit on every other thread posted on that board, and they're led by the guy who runs the forum so they have free reign... the dude that looks like a disfigured elf from LoTR.. what's his name.

It's all about the AA and V-Sync.

Yay, generational leap. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:05:03 PM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18790 on: November 28, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
Nectar of the Gods, my friend.
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #18791 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »
These PC nutjobs take a shit on every other thread posted on that board, and they're led by the guy who runs the forum so they have free reign... the dude that looks like a disfigured elf from LoTR.. what's his name.

Pretty much.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18792 on: November 28, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »

Are higher res console ports with sharper textures and some improved lighting effects supposed to blow me away or what? 

Aside from the perfectly captured, during motion blur Crysis jungle shot, nothing there blows me away.  Even The Witcher 2 screen that psychotic nutjob 'ghst' posted looks nothing more than a higher res console game with slightly better effects.

If these are indicative of a "full generational leap", I'm disappointed.  I expect X720 & PS4 to have a much bigger leap than higher res and sharper textures.  The leap from PS2 to PS3, for example, was just huge.. not just in resolution but a wide array of next-gen effects and features.

U mad?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:smug
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18793 on: November 28, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
first time i check this thread in forever and theres people talking about how they love cheeseburgers

smh

(Image removed from quote.)
:lol :lol :lol

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #18794 on: November 28, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

U mad?
[close]

lil bit, yeah

what's ironic about my tirade is that all I have is a gaming PC
hey

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18795 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
that's a "flypaper" thread, and so far it's working excellently
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18796 on: November 28, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »

U mad?
[close]

lil bit, yeah

what's ironic about my tirade is that all I have is a gaming PC

Dude console gamers shit up PC game threads too, and weeaboos shit up western game thread with bad art oh look it's another insert genre in threads also, anoying chuckle fucks all around.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18797 on: November 28, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
yeah, no one's making console dudes go into that PC shot thread, but there they are anyway

pc gaming is love/hate for me, right now i'm in hate mode over all the bugs and glitches in this fall's major releases (the two that i have, anyway)

when it works, though, i notice the difference, and not just in the graphics - better framerates really do noticeably improve gameplay in genres like FPS and racing games
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:54:09 PM by Dr. Feelbad »
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18798 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
yeah, no one's making console dudes go into that PC shot thread, but there they are anyway

pc gaming is love/hate for me, right now i'm in hate mode over all the bugs and glitches in this fall's major releases (the two that i have, anyway)

when it works, though, i really do notice the difference, and not just in the graphics - better framerates really do noticeably improve gameplay in genres like FPS and racing games

I keep reading about all kinds of games having issues with the gtx 400 series bummer dude, wtf happened to nvidia they used to make the best cards and drivers? :(

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18799 on: November 28, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
not all recent games - mafia 2, just cause 2, metro 2033 all run like a dream (m2033 with proper settings, of course)

it's just the games by devs that don't really optimize or do any kind of qa testing that end up being shitpacked at launch, like Fallout:NV (where they were obviously more concerned about finishing up that exclusive DLC than making sure their game ran), CoD: Black Ops (where they obviously just pushed it out the door with a "we'll fix this shit later" mentality), or Puzzle Agent (where they obviously can't figure out the problem and keep stalling in the hopes that the complaints just fade away)

can't blame Nvidia for any of that
sup

archie4208

« Reply #18800 on: November 28, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
When PC gaming works correctly, it is an awesome experience.  When it doesn't work then it is a nightmare.  Since building my computer I've had problems with Borderlands, Call of Duty 4, Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age and Fallout 3.  I had to reinstall my OS to get FO3 working correctly for fucks sake.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18801 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »
yeah, and it's even more frustrating when you're having problems others aren't having, they love to pop into threads (especially on the steam forums) where you're asking for help and state that their game is running perfectly, you know, because that's extra-helpful
sup

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #18802 on: November 28, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »
didn't we go through this at the end of the last generation too?  anyways, i don't think console gamers are going to be getting much better visually.  i think it will be mostly cleaned up and higher res.  advances should be made in animation and a.i.  After the success of the wii, i doubt MS and Sony are going to go full out on another dick measuring power contest. 

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #18803 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
Its all about resolution for me. That Sub HD bullshit needs to be dealt with and then I'll be cool. Just get the games up to a base level of being the native resolution of the current standard resolution (1900x1080). No amount of upconverting and resampling will give the perceived "crispness" of playing at a higher native resolution.
:9

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #18804 on: November 28, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
Yeah, and I don't see it taking another full generational leap/arms race to get there. I don't know if two PS3s/360s ductaped together would be enough to get consistent stable 1080p - but that's all I'm really looking for at this point + some added graphical features that have evolved since the last go around.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:26:46 PM by Mamacint »
___

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18806 on: November 28, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
didn't we go through this at the end of the last generation too?  anyways, i don't think console gamers are going to be getting much better visually.  i think it will be mostly cleaned up and higher res.  advances should be made in animation and a.i.  After the success of the wii, i doubt MS and Sony are going to go full out on another dick measuring power contest. 

It happens every gen. Closed box versus open box.

All the fanboys are bad on neogaf. But chow chow is correct. The pc fanboys over there are god damn awful. And evilore being the king of them doesn't help.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:55:46 PM by Stoney Mason »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18808 on: November 28, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24447374&postcount=1902

We just offer unsavoury opinions  :'(

What did PowersOfTen post?

A link to OA where they were making some unflattering comments about certain gaffers.
©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #18809 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
Its all about resolution for me. That Sub HD bullshit needs to be dealt with and then I'll be cool. Just get the games up to a base level of being the native resolution of the current standard resolution (1900x1080). No amount of upconverting and resampling will give the perceived "crispness" of playing at a higher native resolution.

For me it's that plus the frame rate.  I drop random effects and whatnot if I can't keep a solid 60fps when playing these games.  Those two things plus the freedom to use whatever controller I'd like (uh, except pointer Wii/move stuff) are the reasons I prefer PC.

yeah, and it's even more frustrating when you're having problems others aren't having, they love to pop into threads (especially on the steam forums) where you're asking for help and state that their game is running perfectly, you know, because that's extra-helpful

I don't go on the steam forums but I was actually going to say that at least some of the pc fanboys at gaf are helpful for that sort of stuff.  I've seen brianstew get a lot of hate but he has made threads on triple-buffering through d3doverrider and that has been incredibly useful to me; in the Just Cause 2 thread, other people posted other launch commands you could input to change the fov and other visuals that weren't in the main menu.  If you want to get pc hardware, there are like two threads for that.

but yeah, PC fans can be really obnoxious.  I was watching that black ops (why do people keep saying blops again?) video where a guy beat the first level barely doing anything.  It was humorous until he starts spitting this console hating vitriol like "THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU STUPID FUCKING CONSOLE GAMERS! IF YOU OWN A CONSOLE, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIKE VIDEO GAMES."  Come on, dawg.  That stuff can be funny at times, like, I think that one poster with an otter avatar can be clever, but for the most part it those posts read like someone smashed their hairy knuckles against a keyboard.  At least they can be helpful, like I said earlier, which is nice.  360 and PS3 fans help each other by playing games together and, uh, pretend to have high standards for graphics because their version runs at 30 fps with minor tearing and 2xAA and almost hd resolution; if you enjoy comparing Move to Kinect or GT5 to Forza 3, you can find companions there.  Nintendo fans have no redeeming qualities except the homebrew thread; you put a dozen 9-year-olds in a room with a dozen smelly twenty-something manblobs, it ends with a pokemon tournament or evening news story.

wait wiat, I just remembered my favorite thing I've read in these threads:  "I prefer art style to graphics."  :cookiem

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:36:57 PM by Linkzg »

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #18810 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »

i

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18811 on: November 28, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »
 :heart :heart :heart kitties
pcp

Himu

« Reply #18812 on: November 28, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »
i keep hearing "mrow" when i see that kitty jump in that thing even though it's just a gif :heartbeat
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18813 on: November 28, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »

smh

you wouldn't be able to get with these chicas "cheeseburger" or not
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18814 on: November 28, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »
but yeah, PC fans can be really obnoxious.  I was watching that black ops (why do people keep saying blops again?) video where a guy beat the first level barely doing anything.  It was humorous until he starts spitting this console hating vitriol like "THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU STUPID FUCKING CONSOLE GAMERS! IF YOU OWN A CONSOLE, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIKE VIDEO GAMES." 

Not to mention the reason a lot of these games exist at this point is because of the size of the console market. The PC version outside of a handful of companies is simply extra money if they can swing the cost of a port. The worst of the PC fanboys strike me as people desperately trying to turn back the clock to a world that doesn't exist anymore for the most part. It's like they exude their own unreality field to how the world or economics actually work. PC games and the platform are great. For some reason though it turns a lot of GAF into raging jackasses as bad as any of the other platform fanboys.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:56:01 PM by Stoney Mason »

archie4208

« Reply #18815 on: November 28, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
PC gaming has always been lower key than consoles and the 'good ole days' are vastly overstated.  I remember reading an interview where the original Fallout sold 50,000 copies and it was considered a success.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #18816 on: November 28, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
that costanza tweet cannot be real
itm

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18817 on: November 28, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
I think 'Aliswan' is a nice touch.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18818 on: November 28, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »

It's funny because you can't be sure it isn't real.
©@©™

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #18819 on: November 28, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414254&page=8

Holy crap, does that dude ever shut up (brain_stew)?  Every... single... thread...

hey

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #18820 on: November 28, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »

That's what's even more disturbing
itm

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18821 on: November 28, 2010, 11:48:18 PM »

That's what's even more disturbing

It's not enough to just like a show anymore and occasionally comment about it on forums or your blog.

To show your true love you have to assume the guise of a crazy stalkerish fan because its ironically funny. 

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #18822 on: November 28, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
lol guys, I 'shopped that.

Besides, Costanza isn't cute enough to come up with Aliswan. But yeah:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:59:38 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18823 on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »
 :lol

Costanza

« Reply #18824 on: November 29, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »
itt deluded basement dwellers think following a celebrity/actor/writer/etc on something as meaningless as twitter is the equivalent of stalking

fucking idiots

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18826 on: November 29, 2010, 01:03:41 AM »
^
mods plz rename him to Ether Machine

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18827 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:45 AM »
itt deluded basement dwellers think following a celebrity/actor/writer/etc on something as meaningless as twitter is the equivalent of stalking

fucking idiots
it is admit it.

Costanza

« Reply #18828 on: November 29, 2010, 01:06:48 AM »
www.danharmonsucks.com
a) the name is meant to be facetious b) i have no actual stake in that website. i just post there cause a friend made it and c) its a cool place for fans to talk about the show.

but feel free to keep throwing around more idiotic misconceptions about me, you stupid fucking cunt.

Costanza

« Reply #18829 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »

fucking idiots
it is admit it.

no, its "stalking" if you say creepy weird shit and think you're all buddy-buddy friends with them just because you can @ reply and they'll see it. like this: http://twitter.com/misslatinamer

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #18830 on: November 29, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »
u mad
duc

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18831 on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
man isn't that what you did to danharmon? or where you just joking around? like you were a buddy of his?

Costanza

« Reply #18832 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »
its not. i respect the guy and i'm interested in what he has to say. there's no pretext that we were "friends" there. i had merely made a comment about the writing process i was hoping he would clear up.

i'm just tired of this shit. you guys know nothing about me. quit spouting bullshit.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18834 on: November 29, 2010, 01:33:51 AM »
i give up

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #18835 on: November 29, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »
its not. i respect the guy and i'm interested in what he has to say. there's no pretext that we were "friends" there. i had merely made a comment about the writing process i was hoping he would clear up.

i'm just tired of this shit. you guys know nothing about me. quit spouting bullshit.
This took too long but:

@snesfreak you don't make sense. #BadFan
8:42 PM Oct 15th via Twitterrific in reply to snesfreak
danharmon

@snesfreak I'm starting to wonder if you've ever even played SNES
9:41 PM Oct 15th via Twitterrific in reply to snesfreak
danharmon

@danharmon @snesfreak The episode was INCREDIBLE overall, but yeah, the Annie wanting to transfer thing was definitely #badwriting.
9:13 PM Oct 15th via web
c0stanza

@c0stanza @snesfreak there's really no need to include me in more conversations about your dumb shit, guys. We're not friends.
11:56 PM Oct 15th via Twitterrific in reply to c0stanza
danharmon

I love his show, but I'm pretty sure @danharmon can't handle criticism from fans. He just gets childish.
12:18 AM Oct 16th via web
c0stanza

@c0stanza if you don't want to be addressed, don't address people. If you want attention, take what you get, I'm not your shitty parents.
3:41 AM Oct 16th via Twitterrific in reply to c0stanza
danharmon

:rofl so much ether

and of course, the original pièce de résistance:

@c0stanza you've got to be one of the dumbest fucks ever, right?
5:40 AM Oct 13th via web in reply to c0stanza
danharmon

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:43:36 AM by Mamacint »
___

Costanza

« Reply #18837 on: November 29, 2010, 01:51:45 AM »
That doesn't change my point whatsoever, fucktard. With context, Harmon was 100% in the wrong there and you're just taking it at face value because you have prejudices about me. So pathetic.

now can we please just stop talking about this dumb shit. i'm going back to lurking
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:53:27 AM by Costanza »

Skidmark

« Reply #18838 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:02 AM »
Skidmark my man where have ya been?
Hey dude, I have been quite busy the last 3 months or so, new stuff popping up the whole time and no internet where I live which sucks. I am currently moving anyway so hopefully I will return to my usual free time and browsing habits soon like around the xmass break.
How about you? enjoying your time in USA?

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18839 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »
That doesn't change my point whatsoever, fucktard. With context, Harmon was 100% in the wrong there and you're just taking it at face value because you have prejudices about me. So pathetic.

now can we please just stop talking about this dumb shit. i'm going back to lurking
which is the nice way of saying stalking.