Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3079580 times)

Let's Cyber and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Raban

• The baby...
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
Apparently the new game informer has real gameplay pics of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. :o
Deadpool's confirmed to be in the game, that's all that matters. And apparently, one of his special attacks involves smacking fools around with the health bars as a weapon.  :lol

that's pretty brilliant
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #721 on: May 09, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »

even the silhouette of the starters look lame  :-\
<----

archie4208

« Reply #722 on: May 09, 2010, 06:47:14 AM »
Glad to see Nintendo is browsing Deviant Art for their new Pokemon designs.

archie4208

« Reply #723 on: May 09, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »
Just bought my new PC.   8)

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #724 on: May 09, 2010, 09:56:29 AM »
Apparently the new game informer has real gameplay pics of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. :o
Deadpool's confirmed to be in the game, that's all that matters. And apparently, one of his special attacks involves smacking fools around with the health bars as a weapon.  :lol

that's pretty brilliant
I should also note that Felicia, Dante and Captain America are also in.

I just need to hear that Rogue and Jill are in, and I'll buy.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #725 on: May 09, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »

that's pretty brilliant
I should also note that Felicia, Dante and Captain America are also in.

I just need to hear that Rogue and Jill are in, and I'll buy.

If Dante's in, it's already a sale.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #726 on: May 09, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
dog

Beezy

« Reply #727 on: May 09, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »
Every Pokemon design after the second generation was shit!
true

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #728 on: May 09, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #729 on: May 09, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »
Looks rough.  I mean it looks closer to a Wii game like TvC than SF4.  Hopefully it looks better in motion or the game is just real early and missing effects.

archie4208

« Reply #730 on: May 09, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »
What is Crysis's DRM like?  I have a ton of Goozex points and would like to grab the game off there, but I'm afraid I'd end up with an unplayable product due to wacky activation limits or something.

PC gaming :gloomy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:04:36 PM by archie4208 »

Bebpo

« Reply #731 on: May 09, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
I think it does have activation limits

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #732 on: May 09, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »
What is Crysis's DRM like?  I have a ton of Goozex points and would like to grab the game off there, but I'm afraid I'd end up with an unplayable product due to wacky activation limits or something.

Buy it off me, I only installed it once.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #733 on: May 09, 2010, 07:14:39 PM »
How much, demi?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #734 on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »
Throw me a number in PM if you want
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #735 on: May 10, 2010, 05:43:53 AM »
<----

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #736 on: May 10, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
marvel vs capcom 3 screens
http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/05/marvel-vs-capcom-3.html

looks decent?

I'm so confused. It looks good, but it also kind of looks meh. Whatever, will wait for videos.
SRY

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
You know if you play a repetitive game of any type, it doesn't even have to be puzzle game or anything, it gets indelibly imprinted upon your brain?

I see Hexic everywhere. I woke up today thinking Hexic. In fact, as I wrote this post, I was trying to mentally create a starflower.

:gloomy

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
“In Japan and in the United States, video games established its position as a part of pop culture when the original Super Mario Bros. launched back in the days when we were selling Famicom in Japan and Nintendo Entertainment System or NES for short in the U.S. Back then, a lot of people must have enjoyed playing Super Mario Bros. and the fond memories must have remained in their hearts.

On the contrary, in Europe, Nintendo did not have its own subsidiary to market its products, and NES did not spread as widely as in Japan or in the U.S. Because of this background, Europeans may feel less nostalgia for Super Mario than the Japanese or the Americans, which may have caused the comparatively weaker sales of this software so far in Europe.” - Satoru Iwata

Hardcore Gamer - the success of new super mario bros is to be found in nostalgia
Nintentards - NO YOU ARE WRONG,IT IS BECAUSE IT IS AN AWESOME GAME,NOT LIKE THOSE HD GAMES YOU PLAY AH-AH

in other news apparently there is a special controller for dragon quest victory roads
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/11/dragon_quest_controller/

that has to be the dumbest controller ever
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:22:30 PM by magus »
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »
Yeah, looking at that controller really works my brain cells at trying to figure out how the hell you use it.

So you play the game by hitting two big buzzer things?  I'm assuming the sword is just for looks and you don't actually use it?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »
aliens vs predator is a big pile of assholes
sup

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2010, 03:02:51 AM »

It's crap.  I had to use a crack because I didn't bother to uninstall it whenever I install an OS.  Wish I had just gotten it off Direct2Drive.  They're pretty cool about sending a new code. 

Congrats on the new PC btw.  What did you end up getting?

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2010, 04:56:58 AM »
Got Tony Hawk's Project 8 because I remember it being fun, and I've been playing it a bit. It is fun. It's also balls-bustingly difficult. The mo-cap and cartoonish graphics make for a really interesting experience.
SRY

archie4208

« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2010, 07:18:22 AM »

It's crap.  I had to use a crack because I didn't bother to uninstall it whenever I install an OS.  Wish I had just gotten it off Direct2Drive.  They're pretty cool about sending a new code. 

Congrats on the new PC btw.  What did you end up getting?

Core i5, 5850 and the other parts.  I appreciated your feedback earlier in the thread, but $1100 was my hard cap and your suggestions would have put me over.  I will probably get a better case and PSU in the future when I can land a permanent job.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2010, 07:54:13 AM »
Yeah, looking at that controller really works my brain cells at trying to figure out how the hell you use it.

So you play the game by hitting two big buzzer things?  I'm assuming the sword is just for looks and you don't actually use it?

apparently you push it down to pull off special attack
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »
Got Tony Hawk's Project 8 because I remember it being fun, and I've been playing it a bit. It is fun. It's also balls-bustingly difficult. The mo-cap and cartoonish graphics make for a really interesting experience.

I got all 1000 - come suck my cock
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
they announced a new assasin creed but if you care you are a ubifag so there! :smug
http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/05/assassins-creed-brotherhood_11.html
also nintendo power has stuff about metroid other m
http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/05/metroid-other-m-nintendo-power-june.html
<----

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #747 on: May 11, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »

I got all 1000 - come suck my cock

I know, I looked at your played games, it's where I find new things to play. Come suck MY cock!
SRY

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #748 on: May 11, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
Pre or Post-Op
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #749 on: May 11, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
Pre or Post-Op

I'd get it while it's hot :-*
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
The Playstation Move (diddle stick) has been priced at $60

The one listed doesn't seem to include the Sony Playstation 3: Sony Playstation Move Subcontroller or camera.  For some perspective, the Move alone is more than a Dual Shock 3.  Still, it is the price of the Wii Remote + motion plus (no nunchuck).

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »
FFXIV gameplay videos:

[youtube=560,345]bRYo85l--xY[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]ZrChjjbLG9M[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]vwq9Xid6SSM[/youtube]
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »
I really hope they speed the combat up.
SRY

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #753 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »
The Playstation Move (diddle stick) has been priced at $60

The one listed doesn't seem to include the Sony Playstation 3: Sony Playstation Move Subcontroller or camera.  For some perspective, the Move alone is more than a Dual Shock 3.  Still, it is the price of the Wii Remote + motion plus (no nunchuck).

Any word on bundled software?
©ZH

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #754 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
wtf at those FFXIV vids.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #755 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »
:rofl That looks fucking awful
hi5

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »
Final Fantasy XI-2
©@©™

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #757 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
From Epic

President Mike Capps is surprised Crytek is being taken seriously as a crossplatform engine company before it has shipped a console game.

Capps is confident Unreal Engine 4 will be the market-leading development engine for future PC titles and the next generation of console games. Asked whether he expects the engine – which has been in the works since 2003 – to show the same kind of dominance as its predecessor, he told us:

“Are you kidding? More and better dominance! Unreal Engine 3’s done remarkably well this generation, and I think that was a mix of us making an educated guess about where the tech was going to be on consoles, and the shift to console happening at the same time. So we had a DX9 engine just when everyone had been crunching madly on their last Xbox or PS2 game, and they look up and go: “Oh, jeez, it’s actually a big leap”. They needed us, which was perfect. And of course RenderWare dropped out of the equation, so thanks very much to EA.

“Looking at the next generation, it’s really murky compared to last time,” he added. “I’m sure you’ve heard just as many rumours about when it’s going to happen, and they all get overturned every year. Three more months, I always think, until I’m going to know for sure what the platform is – and I think I could find you an email from three years ago saying just that. So we’re all a little nervous. But if you look at what’s happening in the PC market – Larrabee and all that – it’s really taking off, and I think the jump to next generation’s going to be another really big one, which is great for tech guys. Most likely, you’re not going to want to make that massive investment yourself, you’re going to look to come to a company like Epic.”

Capps also questioned the hype surrounding Crytek’s CryEngine 3, which is currently being used to bring Crysis 2 to PC and consoles.

“Honestly, I’ve got a lot of respect for those guys; I know many people who work there – and I’ve hired a few,” he said. “But it’s difficult for us to know what their position is. They’ve positioned themselves strongly as the ‘we’re gonna be on console, push one button and it’s great on all three platforms’ engine. Warhead was going to come out in 2008 and was going to be their first big console game, and then they just cut console development from CryEngine 2 entirely, and suddenly we had a new engine. So, they’ve yet to ship an Xbox 360 game and we’re five years in. It surprises me that people take them seriously as a crossplatform engine company. We don’t know how to compete against a company that hasn’t shipped yet. It’s all potential, so we’ll see.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/epic-expects-unreal-engine-4-dominance

Warhead for consoles...hmm

cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #758 on: May 12, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »
Played some Bully yesterday. Seems like the most concentrated Rockstar game I have played. Good stuff.

Xenoblade looks awesome in its scope btw.
BULLY is just about the best thing Rockstar put out. There is a lot to be said for each GTA game, even IV, but BULLY recontextualized the core gameplay and made everything work in a way that makes sense for the character. I was so happy to hear that a sequel is in the works.

From Epic

President Mike Capps is surprised Crytek is being taken seriously as a crossplatform engine company before it has shipped a console game.
(snip)
“Honestly, I’ve got a lot of respect for those guys; I know many people who work there – and I’ve hired a few,” he said. “But it’s difficult for us to know what their position is. They’ve positioned themselves strongly as the ‘we’re gonna be on console, push one button and it’s great on all three platforms’ engine. Warhead was going to come out in 2008 and was going to be their first big console game, and then they just cut console development from CryEngine 2 entirely, and suddenly we had a new engine. So, they’ve yet to ship an Xbox 360 game and we’re five years in. It surprises me that people take them seriously as a crossplatform engine company. We don’t know how to compete against a company that hasn’t shipped yet. It’s all potential, so we’ll see.”

SHOCK! Unkind things are said about a competitor's competence! O! (though the "we've hired a few of them" comment is GOLD.)

Pre or Post-Op

I'd get it while it's hot :-*
:rofl

You know if you play a repetitive game of any type, it doesn't even have to be puzzle game or anything, it gets indelibly imprinted upon your brain?

I see Hexic everywhere. I woke up today thinking Hexic. In fact, as I wrote this post, I was trying to mentally create a starflower.

:gloomy
I get that way too, after any game which involves patterns and rhythm, even if the latter is self-imposed.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #759 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:05 AM »

well they look a little less dumb with actual faces except the water starter which just looks dumb!
<----

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #760 on: May 12, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
the grass starter looks okay, the other two are terrible.
BiSH

archie4208

« Reply #761 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:04 AM »
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704618/Dead-Space-2-Now-Confirmed-For-PC.html

Dead Space 2 confirmed for PC.  Can't wait to grab it for $5 during next year's Steam Christmas sale.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #762 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
From Epic

Capps is confident Unreal Engine 4 will be the market-leading development engine for future PC titles and the next generation of console games. Asked whether he expects the engine – which has been in the works since 2003 – to show the same kind of dominance as its predecessor, he told us:

“Are you kidding? More and better dominance! Unreal Engine 3’s done remarkably well this generation, and I think that was a mix of us making an educated guess about where the tech was going to be on consoles, and the shift to console happening at the same time. So we had a DX9 engine just when everyone had been crunching madly on their last Xbox or PS2 game, and they look up and go: “Oh, jeez, it’s actually a big leap”. They needed us, which was perfect. And of course RenderWare dropped out of the equation, so thanks very much to EA.

“Looking at the next generation, it’s really murky compared to last time,” he added. “I’m sure you’ve heard just as many rumours about when it’s going to happen, and they all get overturned every year. Three more months, I always think, until I’m going to know for sure what the platform is – and I think I could find you an email from three years ago saying just that. So we’re all a little nervous. But if you look at what’s happening in the PC market – Larrabee and all that – it’s really taking off, and I think the jump to next generation’s going to be another really big one, which is great for tech guys. Most likely, you’re not going to want to make that massive investment yourself, you’re going to look to come to a company like Epic.”

Capps also questioned the hype surrounding Crytek’s CryEngine 3, which is currently being used to bring Crysis 2 to PC and consoles.

The desperation is almost palpable.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #763 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

well they look a little less dumb with actual faces except the water starter which just looks dumb!

Green dude looks  :smug

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #764 on: May 12, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol
ahahahahah yea was thinking the same thing
and the fire starter is all like
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
<----

Robo

« Reply #765 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »
Played some Bully yesterday. Seems like the most concentrated Rockstar game I have played. Good stuff.

BULLY is just about the best thing Rockstar put out. There is a lot to be said for each GTA game, even IV, but BULLY recontextualized the core gameplay and made everything work in a way that makes sense for the character. I was so happy to hear that a sequel is in the works.

No love for THE WARRIORS?  I'd kill for some sort of sequel, integrity of the story be damned.
obo

archie4208

« Reply #766 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
I missed getting my computer parts from UPS today because I was at a census meeting. :maf :maf :maf

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #767 on: May 12, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
Does anyone know about using a token* to log into WOW? Does everyone get one or just the hardcore?

*A token is a small screen that gives you a unique number to add in the login to verify that you are you.
©ZH

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #768 on: May 12, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »
Does anyone know about using a token* to log into WOW? Does everyone get one or just the hardcore?

*A token is a small screen that gives you a unique number to add in the login to verify that you are you.

You me the Bnet authenticator? If you're really security conscious I suppose it's worth using.
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #769 on: May 13, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
i see i'm not the only one thinking that about the fire starter  :lol :lol :lol

also someone apparently made a game & watch version of god of war
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/535548
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:59:34 AM by magus »
<----

archie4208

« Reply #770 on: May 13, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
Built my computer and I'm restoring Steam games right now. 8)  Windows 7 is weird.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #771 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »

No love for THE WARRIORS?  I'd kill for some sort of sequel, integrity of the story be damned.
I had meant to write "their best GTA game" but couldn't figure out how to phrase it.

THE WARRIORS also does a great job of pulling together mechanics from other games and integrating them into a cohesive whole. It's basically got a lot of Manhunt (stealth, shadows, mêlée stressed over ranged combat) in it, plus improved brawling, and a reasonable hub world allowing for replay. Yeah, I liked THE WARRIORS plenty.

Brehvolution

« Reply #772 on: May 13, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

You me the Bnet authenticator? If you're really security conscious I suppose it's worth using.

i guess. A lady at work whos husband is disabled uses one to login to WOW I guess. I thought that was weird and over the top.
©ZH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #773 on: May 14, 2010, 01:59:16 AM »
Yay,SEGA is doing something.

http://next-360action.sega.jp/

Hmm,big number 10... :D
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #774 on: May 14, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
so press has received their galaxy 2 copies and i must wonder... if the game is ready now,why the heck are they releasing it on june? besides so that it can get leaked and then everybody can do the "THOSE EVIL PIRATE!!1!" dance?
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #775 on: May 14, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
June? It comes out in a week or so
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #776 on: May 14, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »
June? It comes out in a week or so

Two weeks for Japan and North America, June for for filthy Euros.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #777 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »
Oh sorry I meant for people with USB loaders
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #778 on: May 14, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »
oh! i tought it was june for usa too (which i tough was somewhat weird)
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
Oh sorry I meant for people with USB loaders

:lol