Author Topic: star trek  (Read 334957 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: star trek
« Reply #2760 on: March 31, 2020, 12:52:38 PM »
Started Picard.  Mostly through episode 1 - the exposition in dialog is really off putting but I like the idea for the story so far. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2761 on: March 31, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
When did the Alpha Quadrant go Irish?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2762 on: March 31, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Don't ask questions, just Consoom.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2763 on: March 31, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »
I'm good at that. 

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2764 on: March 31, 2020, 02:25:43 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Picards slaves servants the O'Romulans are the best characters in this tripe.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:30:55 PM by D3RANG3D »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2765 on: March 31, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »
4 episodes in:  this is the best TNG movie there is.  Not sure why you guys were hating on it so bad. 

« Reply #2766 on: March 31, 2020, 03:27:02 PM »
I've got two more episodes left to watch on Picard. I really like it, particularly because it doesn't feel like a Trek show. Really does remind me of Mass Effect.
野球

Tasty

« Reply #2767 on: March 31, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »
I've got two more episodes left to watch on Picard. I really like it, particularly because it doesn't feel like a Trek show. Really does remind me of Mass Effect.

You don't say...

« Reply #2768 on: March 31, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »

You don't say...

And? I'm tired of the stereotypical ST starship crew show, this was a nice change of pace. I also don't hold Star Trek sacred so that probably helps.
野球

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2769 on: March 31, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
And the far superior DS9 doesn't cut it why?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2770 on: March 31, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
not sure if you were aware, they stopped making episodes of DS9 two decades ago

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2771 on: March 31, 2020, 07:06:11 PM »
If he was looking for a change of pace and doesn't like ST on a ship why not DS9 if he hasn't watched it.

Tasty

« Reply #2772 on: March 31, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »

You don't say...

And?

I just thought it was a funny thing to say, the latest RLM review also mentions the show being very "inspired" by ME3.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2773 on: March 31, 2020, 07:14:56 PM »
I like the series so far and think they’ve got a lot to really build on for a great season 2, but I think I might detest that finale episode.  Maybe not quite Nemesis hate, but it feels close.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2774 on: March 31, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
I like the series so far and think they’ve got a lot to really build on for a great season 2, but I think I might detest that finale episode.  Maybe not quite Nemesis hate, but it feels close.
same, i enjoyed the first season and i'm looking forward to season 2 but that last episode was pretty awful. i could see how you could compare it to mass effect but that's not really an original story idea to begin with so eh, not too bothered.

if you actually want mass effect the show, watch the expanse :lol

« Reply #2775 on: March 31, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
And the far superior DS9 doesn't cut it why?

DS9 was awesome, still felt like a Star Trek show.
野球

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2776 on: March 31, 2020, 10:19:21 PM »
This wasn't even the worst first season of startrek, nor the worst final season episode.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:26:29 PM by Madrun Badrun »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2777 on: March 31, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
Yeah it is.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2778 on: March 31, 2020, 10:26:11 PM »
Honestly while watching the last 15 mins, I thought they were going to reveal that this whole season took place in the end moments of Nemesis, right when data saves Picard by beaming him off, Data put something on the beamer which would run this whole season as a simulation to force Daddy Picard to finally say I love you right before Data died.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2779 on: March 31, 2020, 10:27:00 PM »
Honestly while watching the last 15 mins, I thought they were going to reveal that this whole season took place in the end moments of Nemesis, right when data saves Picard by beaming him off, Data put something on the beamer which would run this whole season as a simulation to force Daddy Picard to finally say I love you right before Data died.

That is way too clever for this show.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2780 on: March 31, 2020, 10:28:34 PM »
No, you're way too clever for this show.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2781 on: March 31, 2020, 10:29:16 PM »
I know I am.:ohyeah

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2782 on: March 31, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »
But what am I?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2783 on: March 31, 2020, 10:31:37 PM »
Who was phone?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2784 on: April 01, 2020, 07:11:57 AM »
Yeah it is.

agreed

its utter garbage trying to appeal to old trek dams and non trek fans
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2785 on: April 01, 2020, 07:47:00 AM »

Starfleet : We need someone to command all these starships to one of the most important potential battles ever

Starfleet : Sends a retired old captain to command the fleet just because (fanservice)

Fans: WOOOO THIS IS SOOOO COOL (see comments)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:34:58 AM by MMaRsu »
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2786 on: April 01, 2020, 07:48:47 AM »
Apparently it was a last minute change originally it was supposed to be Admiral Hubris.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2787 on: April 01, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »
ugh how gross. could you even imagine liking things? :yuck

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2788 on: April 01, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2789 on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:15 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2790 on: April 01, 2020, 03:51:37 PM »

Starfleet : We need someone to command all these starships to one of the most important potential battles ever

Starfleet : Sends a retired old captain to command the fleet just because (fanservice)

Fans: WOOOO THIS IS SOOOO COOL (see comments)

ADMIRAL SONYA GOMEZ ! :pika  :gamer
ὕβρις

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2791 on: April 01, 2020, 03:55:27 PM »
If wanting at the very least be given something watchable makes me a toxic fan, guilty as charged then. :rodney
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:03:32 PM by D3RANG3D »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2792 on: April 01, 2020, 03:58:34 PM »
To be fair, Trek fandom has been kind of toxic since before TNG began.  I’m pretty sure there’s BBS archives out there of fans being extra shitty about the TOS movies and up through the start of TNG.

Mind you, we’re not all that way.

We’re not all savages, like Star Wars fan.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2793 on: April 01, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »
OK.  The punishment is death in the digitial realm.  *Bangs gavel 

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2794 on: April 01, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2795 on: April 01, 2020, 04:14:51 PM »
Fandom is inherently toxic. :yeshrug
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #2796 on: April 01, 2020, 04:32:31 PM »
Yeah let's not act like it's always been sun and peaches in the  Star Trek fandom.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2797 on: April 01, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »
The argument that something has always been a problem isn't really an excuse. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2798 on: April 01, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »
trek fandom invented fan fiction so it's been bad from the start :lol

ah well, i still enjoyed picard

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2799 on: April 01, 2020, 09:33:59 PM »
What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2800 on: April 01, 2020, 11:10:43 PM »
I think we can all agree that those Federation/Romulan fleet shots and those warp sounds are awful. How has big budget CGI regressed so much the last few years?

« Reply #2801 on: April 02, 2020, 04:28:27 AM »
I watched the finale, I take back what I said. The show was great until they got to the synth planet.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2802 on: April 02, 2020, 04:32:42 AM »
I watched the finale, I take back what I said. The show was great until they got to the synth planet.
I mean I didnt like the show, but I wasnt super hurt mad over it, that last two eps pissed me right off though.

« Reply #2803 on: April 02, 2020, 04:35:46 AM »
I mean I didnt like the show, but I wasnt super hurt mad over it, that last two eps pissed me right off though.

It didn’t piss me off or anything but it tonally felt like a different show and just hand waved everything away.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2804 on: April 02, 2020, 04:39:14 AM »

It didn’t piss me off or anything but it tonally felt like a different show and just hand waved everything away.
I mean now you know how other people feel about the previous 8 eps and the entirety of Star Trek canon before  :idont

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2805 on: April 02, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
Why didnt they use the little magical fixit all device by jammer it on Picards skull and just " imagining " the irumodic syndrome was gone?

Wasnt that how the little gadget works? You imagine it and it happens?

Fucking shitshow
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2806 on: April 02, 2020, 09:00:26 AM »
I mean now you know how other people feel about the previous 8 eps and the entirety of Star Trek canon before  :idont
overly upset and babyraging over things not being an exact one to one clone of TNG forever across every show and movie for eternity? :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2807 on: April 02, 2020, 09:32:32 AM »
overly upset and babyraging over things not being an exact one to one clone of TNG forever across every show and movie for eternity? :lol

How about some decent fucking writing at least man. Do you really enjoy Picard and thinks it has good writing?

If so

What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2808 on: April 02, 2020, 09:45:23 AM »
I mean if your complaint is the show doesnt follow it's own continuity/feel then this comparison is relevant  :engel

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2809 on: April 02, 2020, 11:12:56 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2810 on: April 02, 2020, 12:01:08 PM »
I mean if your complaint is the show doesnt follow it's own continuity/feel then this comparison is relevant  :engel
that's not my complaint. i enjoyed the show. yet somehow this means something is wrong with me according to mmarsu. seems pointlessly aggressive to me.

i just think
putting picard in a synth body is pretty goofy
[close]
otherwise i liked it.

i think star trek fanboys need to get over themselves much like every other obsessive fandom out there. either way i'm done with the topic of Picard as it's clear this thread is just going to be posting nitpicky asspainy youtube videos in order for the complainers to prove themselves right on the subject. :zzz

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:08:38 PM by nachobro »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2811 on: April 02, 2020, 12:03:42 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2812 on: April 02, 2020, 12:43:12 PM »
that's not my complaint. i enjoyed the show. yet somehow this means something is wrong with me according to mmarsu. seems pointlessly aggressive to me.

i just think
putting picard in a synth body is pretty goofy
[close]
otherwise i liked it.

i think star trek fanboys need to get over themselves much like every other obsessive fandom out there. either way i'm done with the topic of Picard as it's clear this thread is just going to be posting nitpicky asspainy youtube videos in order for the complainers to prove themselves right on the subject. :zzz

I can write an essay in here about all the faults I had with Picard. Except I dont see much reason to, because most ppl here would agree with me.

You said it was good, so what about it was actually good to you?

What was the point of bringing a character like Hugh back,only for him to die a pointless death?
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2813 on: April 02, 2020, 12:45:21 PM »
:nope

i have no interest in trying to convert anyone to my side or prove some kind of point so we'll just agree to disagree.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2814 on: April 02, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »
:nope

i have no interest in trying to convert anyone to my side or prove some kind of point so we'll just agree to disagree.

Yeah, same here.

I just find that the people who seem to like it, try to shutdown any discussion about why its objectively bad, and why you are subjectively wrong.

While I could argue 10 points why its objectively bad, all you will respond with is "well why watch it then?" or "well I liked it so it cant be bad".

Talk about being toxic.
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2815 on: April 02, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »
My biggest problem with nuTrek is crapsack universe sci fi is a dime a dozen, I honestly don't see what the point of becoming more generic is when it already had a niche nobody else really works in.

Which is why the Orville feels more 'trek', even though it crams in unfunny wisecracks  needlessly; it still has that "hey, humanities basically alright" ethos.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2816 on: April 02, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »
i have no problem with people not liking it, that's your opinion. i just find the nitpicky stuff annoying so i'll mock it but i apologize if its unwanted. i didn't like discovery at all and never watched season 2, i also just don't post about discovery and honestly have forgotten most of the first season at this point anyway so i couldn't argue it if i wanted to. :lol

i liked the fresh feeling take from the show and i actually did like all the crew, it did feel some like mass effect and some like serenity(?) as well, but i saw that as a plus cause i like the idea of some non-federation focused stuff and also a look into the future of the trek universe. also it was a show i watched together with my wife, which isn't related to the quality of the show itself but just something i liked cause we usually don't agree on tv/movie stuff a lot. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #2817 on: April 02, 2020, 12:56:17 PM »
I'm personally a bit tired of metacommentary on fanbases. Ghostbusters and Star Wars just wore me the fuck out.

I'm 50/50 on nuTrek and am making my way through Picard now trying to keep an open mind. The only thing I will say is that while nuTrek has diminished with time for me (I had some high praise for '09 back in the day, now merely think it's a really good action movie, and possibly gold standard for rebooting something), old Trek just gets more compelling with age. :delicious

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2818 on: April 02, 2020, 12:58:07 PM »
as far as the new stuff i like beyond and picard and i think the rest are varying levels of meh to bad. i just also think that old trek is probably never coming back the way people want so comparing everything to it seems sorta pointless.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2819 on: April 02, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »
Literally all I wanted in a new trek was that it takes place after voyager, and I got that.  There is a lot of trashy stuff in this season but season 1 of TNG was pretty much trash too.