Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1238654 times)

I would adopt a laissez-fare approach to the issue.  Sometimes potential problems simply work themselves out when they are left alone.

Thats the plan. I was just wondering if you guys think its normal for the guy to drive all the time.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i drive all the time. we also rarely have long conversations -- and we never did when dating, either. we've been married 15 years, and will be for many, many more.

relationships aren't a checklist. they're to be explored, not solved.

duc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
i drive all the time. we also rarely have long conversations -- and we never did when dating, either. we've been married 15 years, and will be for many, many more.

Well yeah I know that. I just want to know if I was out of line by saying that I don't won't to drive all the time.

Mupepe

• Icon
How would it be out of line? If you don't want to drive, you don't want to drive. There is no set rule for anything like this. If it bugs then it bugs you and it should be brought up.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
It's amazing how quick a no strings attached fuck buddy situation (Her idea to start with) can become complicated.  She didn't give me more than one fuck before she was talking about a crush, being jealous of flirting, talking about how she couldn't read me, etc.

This is what I deserve for starting something with a classmate. Now I just to find a way to nicely end it so the next three years I don't have to deal with her + her friends making my life difficult.
dur

Mupepe

• Icon
SMFH.  It always gets complicated.  Haven't you seen the movies?  They just never really end up so nicely.

I would adopt a laissez-fare approach to the issue.  Sometimes potential problems simply work themselves out when they are left alone.

Thats the plan. I was just wondering if you guys think its normal for the guy to drive all the time.

I drive all the time (unless I've been drinking), don't have a problem with it.
野球

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I prefer to drive just because I don't feel safe with anyone else driving.
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
I prefer to drive just because I don't feel safe with anyone else driving.
Same here

I don't have a problem with other people driving, it's just habit.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
Other people driving scares me.  ESPECIALLY my wife.  At least she acknowledges she's a terrible driver and she drives as little as possible.  But I drive like a fucking grandma so there's that too.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
It's amazing how quick a no strings attached fuck buddy situation (Her idea to start with) can become complicated.  She didn't give me more than one fuck before she was talking about a crush, being jealous of flirting, talking about how she couldn't read me, etc.

This is what I deserve for starting something with a classmate. Now I just to find a way to nicely end it so the next three years I don't have to deal with her + her friends making my life difficult.

one night stands are the way to go!
pcp

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain

one night stands are the way to go!

It started as a drunk one night stand. I was happy to leave it at that but she wanted to continue it. It's funny, we haven't even fucked since we've "started" this "relationship" and shes already gone crazy.

I knew it would blow up, but I was hoping for a couple weeks full of sex before the end 
dur

Last night, the GF and I got into a minor argument that ended badly.

We were just texting back and forth as normally when she texted me a sarcastic comment that was obviously a joke. I didn't response right away because I was eating. She then text "kidding" as if you make suer I knew it was a joke. She has a history of doing this, which makes me feel like she thinks she has to walk on eggshells all the time.

I responded with "Can't wait to see you tomorrow. btw, you don't need to say "kidding" after your jokes. :)"

Shit hit the fan. She said I was being condescending, which I defiantly wasn't intending. Then she started to say that my smiley faces in my texts were dumb. Which I complete agree with, but only put them in my texts so that she knows I'm not taking myself seriously most of the time. The she says "I'm tired and going to get some sleep. I think I'm tired of texting so much."

3 hours later she texted this " I can't sleep now because I feel like I overreacted" I was asleep and just now asked if she was able to get some sleep.

I feel like she has some self confidence issues or something. She's really nice and great in other places but about every 10 days something comes up where I have to explain to her  my thoughts. The problem is I have to do it without making her even more self conscious which makes me feel like I have to tread lightly.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Shoulda bailed. She's useless baggage. Who cares how she's feeling, she's a grown person. Just an act for you to give her that wanted attention. Give her the finger and go to sleep.
fat

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
it sounds like you need to set some standards for the relationship, otherwise things will just continue to inflate and the only recourse will be a full scale bail-out.

Damn demi, you're so cold.

I'm gonna try and talk tonight about some better communication. I feel like she thinks I'm mad at her even though i keep saying that if I were made she would know.

Mupepe

• Icon
I agree with demi.  Sometimes girls actually do just want to start drama over nothing and they know coming back a while later and admitting they were stupid is an easy to get that "makeup" feeling.  Tell her to quit being so immature and insecure about it all.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I agree with demi.  Sometimes girls actually do just want to start drama over nothing and they know coming back a while later and admitting they were stupid is an easy to get that "makeup" feeling.  Tell her to quit being so immature and insecure about it all.

That could be too harsh. I obviously don't know her, but perhaps this is less of her wanting to create a "makeup" feeling and more an issue of personal problems and insecurity she has. Be open about it, tell her you love her (only if you do) and she can tell you anything that's on her mind.

It sounds almost like she's often trying to match or impress you, as if she feels inadequate or something.

Mupepe

• Icon
I don't know.  The "your smileys are stupid" shit is what makes me think she wants to cause drama over nothing.  I do annoying shit all the time and so does my wife.  Shit like that.  But good lord it's not even worth bringing up in the smallest of arguments.  If she's causing fights over crap like that it's too much IMO.  That is seriously nothing to argue about at all. 

Edit: Maybe I'm just over "dating" in general anyways.  After I knew what I wanted crap like that isn't worth it. 

Mupepe

• Icon
I feel like she has some self confidence issues or something. She's really nice and great in other places but about every 10 days something comes up where I have to explain to her  my thoughts. The problem is I have to do it without making her even more self conscious which makes me feel like I have to tread lightly.
This in particular is a red flag.  Bring it up and fix it ASAP or bail out.  It's not worth it.

Also, insecurity on her part is not something FoC can fix.  He can be there for her but ultimately there's something she's unsatisfied with in herself.  It's up to her to fix and until she can address it without blowing up over small things then FoC is just going to be there catching the shrapnel.  Sounds fun!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:57:35 PM by Mupepe »

It sounds almost like she's often trying to match or impress you, as if she feels inadequate or something.

I'm almost certain its this, because she keeps making sure I'm not mad at her. I'm gonna talk to her tonight especially about what Mupepe mentioned.

It's just this weird game of what is he/she thinking? I better think/do this if they are doing that. I'd rather just be myself and assume my SO is either okay with that or will bring it up. She's had some bad relationships in the past but that was 2+ years ago. To be honest I'm surprised about how chill I am, considering that I only got out of my last relationship that ended badly about 6 months ago. I know what it's like to be insecure so I know where she is coming from.

I'll talk to her and then see what happens. She's a pretty awesome gal otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:29:16 PM by FlameofCallandorReturns »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
If texting was involved in the early stages of my relationship with my wife, I would not be married now. It just seems like such an endless series of death traps.
vjj

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Always avoid texting if you can.  It's a fucking terrible indicator of emotions.  If she can't be bothered to make some phone calls instead, then just drop her.

🍆🍆

Robo

Texting is fucking awful for conversations that would be better served over the phone or in person.  I wish someone would've told me that at some point early in my dating career, I might have fewer lines on my face.
obo

Mupepe

• Icon
I text my wife pretty much throughout the day everyday and misunderstood texts is rarely an issue.  :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's usually mostly nonsense though.  Anything of importance and I'll probably call her
[close]

etiolate

misunderstood texts are just potential foreplay

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Relationships are about communicating.

:hump :hump :hump
[close]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:44:29 AM by Premium Lager »

Robo

Speaking of texts, what's the general thought regarding someone not returning a text early-ish in the dating/relationship process?  I tend to give it a few days and if there's no response, I back off, let them initiate the next contact with me.  The safe assumption is that they don't want to, I think.  Part of me feels like that's a bit melodramatic, but I can't think of any good reasons why someone couldn't return one in that time, and I can't help but get a bit emotional about being ignored, however irrational that may be.
obo

Mupepe

• Icon
Speaking of texts, what's the general thought regarding someone not returning a text early-ish in the dating/relationship process?  I tend to give it a few days and if there's no response, I back off, let them initiate the next contact with me.  The safe assumption is that they don't want to, I think.  Part of me feels like that's a bit melodramatic, but I can't think of any good reasons why someone couldn't return one in that time, and I can't help but get a bit emotional about being ignored, however irrational that may be.
Nah.  It's completely rational to getting a bit irritated about being ignored.  The problem is how you react to it.  A normal human being says "well, then fuck you too" and stops communicating.  An emotional wreck/psycho sends a million texts asking why they're being ignored. 

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
R U OK!?!

SRS ARE U OK??

WAIT R WE OK?!?!

MG ME WHEN U GET CHANCE!!!

OOPS MSG ME WHEN U GET CHANCE!!!
o_0

Robo

That's where I'm a bit torn: is "well, fuck you then" a reasonable response?  It's just a text, but I don't really buy someone forgetting if they're at all interested.  I can't even bring myself to pursue beyond that point—it just spoils the whole thing for me and it's a not a game I'm willing to play.
obo

MrAngryFace

Texts are just an awful way to conduct a relationship. Or much of anything really. It lacks all context.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
Well I'm not suggesting if they come back to you and say "hey, sorry about that. I lost my phone" or "I have been extremely busy" or something you don't flat out say FUCK YOU.  I meant to say it as you just end up thinking that you've initiated enough contact that if they really want to talk to you they at least know you've tried and either way you know where you stand. 

I think the same way as you.  I have my phone and it's generally not more than a few hours before I respond if I'm actually busy.  But sometimes it does slip my mind and I see the text again later and I think "oh shit, i never responded".  At that point I usually respond no matter how long it's been.  I think most people should be able to give me the same courtesy of at least a response.

MrAngryFace

Most people dont respond to the very few texts I send- i'm used to it i guess. If something matters enough i'll talk to them about it.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
Texts are just an awful way to conduct a relationship. Or much of anything really. It lacks all context.
I agree to an extent.  But it's a broadly accepted form of communication now.  Shit, I even get work related texts now.

Most people dont respond to the very few texts I send- i'm used to it i guess. If something matters enough i'll talk to them about it.
I agree about it regarding some things.  I have a few friends who I know don't use texts.  I call them.  But I also have friends that I know text as much as I do and it's not normal to not receive a response.  But then again, maybe I'm a bit biased because the only people I text are extremely close friends that I have known 10+ years.  I don't really text casual friends.  and if I did they aren't the kind of friends that it would bother me if they didn't respond.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:30:54 PM by Mupepe »

Robo

Well I'm not suggesting if they come back to you and say "hey, sorry about that. I lost my phone" or "I have been extremely busy" or something you don't flat out say FUCK YOU.  I meant to say it as you just end up thinking that you've initiated enough contact that if they really want to talk to you they at least know you've tried and either way you know where you stand. 

I think the same way as you.  I have my phone and it's generally not more than a few hours before I respond if I'm actually busy.  But sometimes it does slip my mind and I see the text again later and I think "oh shit, i never responded".  At that point I usually respond no matter how long it's been.  I think most people should be able to give me the same courtesy of at least a response.

Nah, I got ya, we're on the same page here.
obo

MrAngryFace

I guess I just dont have many friends that text me- im TEH OLD MAN at 32 I guess.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
MAF would be one of those old people that texts with "r u busy?"  "what r u doing 2day?"

My mom :(
[close]

cool breeze

I guess I just dont have many friends that text me- im TEH OLD MAN at 32 I guess.

I feel older at a younger age  :-\

I never start the text chain and my two replies are: "Just call me." or I spend way too long writing out a response, and as I do there are at least two or three more texts before I finish.

MrAngryFace

its just a pain in the ass to type out  a text message- if its not important enough to hunt someone down on in person, over IM, over the phone- then wtf am I doing?
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I'll know I'm old when I start texting with one index finger and have no concept of the vibrate function.
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
I'll know I'm old when I start texting with one index finger and have no concept of the vibrate function.
:lol

And yeah, texting is quick as hell on my phone.  And it's more convenient than calling.  And no one uses IM anymore, MAF!

MrAngryFace

I AM OLD AND NOT CHANGING WITH TIMES
o_0

MrAngryFace

I dont like talking on the phone cause I cant see how people are reacting to shit I say. JUST DISTRACTED!
o_0

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
it's ok Robo, a girl has confused me with her texting (or lack thereof) recently, too.
AMC

Robo

It's because your physical beauty confounds reason.
obo

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
are you saying i should text her a cock pic
AMC

Robo

I'm considering it, myself.  Sending her a picture of your dick, I mean.  Mine just won't fly.
obo

MrAngryFace

just do some photoshop
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
So, I have a girlfriend!  :D :D :D :D

Her name is Carissa.  She's 26, and a hair stylist.  She smokes a lot of pot but that doesn't bother me.  She's so fucking cute and kajdsfns I'm happy.
püp

etiolate

is she as hot as your sister BN?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

:)
püp

G The Resurrected

A woman with her own income to contribute to the household pot. Thats a keeper

I'm on the hunt for a proper engagement ring. I can't believe its gonna be 10 years come this June. 10 year anniversary usually come with diamonds hope she doesn't know that so its a surprise.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Did you ask her to go steady?
brb

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Congrats, BN! Springtime is a great time for new love...

Stuff has been kinda slow on my front. Too many flaky girls!!  :maf
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
A woman with her own income to contribute to the household pot. Thats a keeper
A woman having a job makes her a keeper?  No, bro.  It certainly doesn't hurt but at the very least she should have a job.  A woman making more than me and being my sugar momma makes her a keeper.

Robo

Are you gonna try to smoke a lot of pot now in an effort to connect?  Like, spiritually and shit.
obo