Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1238735 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Funny thing, I realized after I responded that I have one best friend who I was in a brief romantic relationship with. But it was really brief and we weren't compatible, so we ended up as friends. But it's different from being in a long-term relationship, breaking up, and then becoming friends.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I'm on cordial terms with pretty much all of my serious exes. It probably helps that they're all married at this point, so nothing is going to happen. Good friends? Nah. IMO that ship sails if you're in a relationship of any length. Sucks, but there it is.
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
As far as a friendship which became a fling, yes. I wouldn't trust somebody as a friend if I thought it made sense to have a real break up with them.

But I tend to commit totally when I'm judgemental of someone so I've never stopped holding a grudge for as long as I can remember the person. That's probably a bad thing but that's my experience. Never had a serious relationship (more than a few months) I should add.

Beezy

But it's different from being in a long-term relationship, breaking up, and then becoming friends.

Question to all:

Have you ever been able to stay friends with someone who broke up with you? And no I don't mean years later when you no longer care.

Nope. Because when her or I would start dating someone new, white lies and hurt feelings were unavoidable.

Good friends? Nah. IMO that ship sails if you're in a relationship of any length. Sucks, but there it is.

Yeah, that's how I feel. A friend of mine asked me if me and this girl would still talk and hangout. I just thought it was a really dumb and naive question. I can't think of one situation where I've ever seen this happen. Social network comments every couple of months isn't any type of friendship.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Kinda but I've never been been in an extremely serious relationship, so not sure they count
dur

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
nope, with one exception*. i tend to cut all ties asap, as i was usually the dumped. don't like no potential drama.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
my wife's sister :dead

and i dumped her. :dead :dead :dead
[close]
[close]
duc

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Question to all:

Have you ever been able to stay friends with someone who broke up with you? And no I don't mean years later when you no longer care.

Yeah but it doesn't really count when you're both 15-17 and it lasts like 3 weeks.

Beezy

nope, with one exception*. i tend to cut all ties asap, as i was usually the dumped. don't like no potential drama.

[close]
[close]

Lmao, I'm guessing you didn't start dating your wife immediately after her sister?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i broke up with her to date her sister after she introduced us at a party

we were on sort of a break
but i wound up sleeping with my wife-to-be the next evening anyhow :dead
[close]
[close]

wow there is no version of this story in which i am not the bad guy :fbm
duc

Beezy

:neogaf

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
You slept with your SIL. Christ dude, I thought your love for the two stroke was the peak of your hillbillyness. :dead

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i am still highly guilty at fam-in-law gatherings almost 20 years later :tocry
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
we are all made of Ls my judgmental friends

now fack off, i'mma go watch space battleship yamato 2199 with my brat

. . .

:brazilcry
duc

chronovore

• relapsed dev

[close]
[close]

This made me laugh so hard it started a coughing fit. Fuck you.

nudemacusers

[close]
[close]
typical adna pirate :trash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

[close]
[close]

This sounds like an anime

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Question to all:

Yes.  Occasionally hooked up with them from time to time as well.

I think friendships are fine but not if you're expecting to restart the relationship.  If you're keeping the candle alight for your failed relationship, then just cut off contact altogether.  This requires you to be honest with yourself; you think that you want to be friends but deep down, if one night she says "Let's get back together" and your response is "OK", then cut off contact.
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
we are all made of Ls my judgmental friends

now fack off, i'mma go watch space battleship yamato 2199 with my brat

. . .

:brazilcry

Funny coincidence you mention Space Battleship Yamato, I went to a small local convention this evening and met a voice actor from Star Blazers (the heavily edited English version) there.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Cruncheon side hugged the side chick
:ohhh

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Drinky you're a scumbag.

But we all knew that, cheers.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

Human Snorenado

• Icon
This last half a page, man

yar

Oblivion

Okay guys, need some advice.

This is regarding a former girlfriend, one I dated quite recently. I've mentioned her in this thread a while back. She was absolutely wonderful. Gorgeous, smart, sweet, practically perfect gf material. Everything was going great until she moved to her new place, which allowed for ZERO privacy. We still hung out, but any intimate things were left to the backseat of her car. As you would probably expect, this wasn't really the most enjoyable way of handling things long term. So she decided to break up with me because we couldn't actually be together in a proper space by ourselves.

And as I've mentioned before, my place is totally out of the question because sadly my place is also inhabited by my mother (and let me reiterate once again, I'm taking care of her :punch)

But fortune seemed to smile upon me as the madre decided she's going to take a very long trip out of the country. She'll be going to India for 6 months! (amusingly enough, with the intent of finding me a wife). So without her around, I'd have the place all to myself and all the privacy we'd need.

So my question is, should I call her up? When we broke up, we did so under good terms, though we haven't spoken since.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
If she really wanted to mess around she'd find a way to have it happen, so I'm confused by the story.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I mean the worst that could happen is that she says no and to fuck off, but you should probably have no expectations of this working.

Oblivion

Question to all:

Not sure if it counts, but I had a former co-worker who had a crush on me for a long time, and while I wasn't really too ecstatic about dating her (she had ginormous titties, but a rather unattractive face), I decided to give it a shot. We never technically went on an official date as she immediately broke up with me when she I showed up at the wrong restaurant for our first date. While I was pissed at that for a while, she contacted me again a few weeks later and things just went back to normal.

If she really wanted to mess around she'd find a way to have it happen, so I'm confused by the story.

Well, practically speaking, what would the options be? Get a hotel several times a week? Even as someone who enjoyed sexing it up, I thought doing it in the car all the time was getting pretty annoying (we really didn't have much room at all).

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
How long were you doing this and how did her place have zero privacy? Also living with parents or something? Fucking in a car just sounds like she was trying to hide you from people and then was done with it after a while.

Oblivion

How long were you doing this and how did her place have zero privacy? Also living with parents or something? Fucking in a car just sounds like she was trying to hide you from people and then was done with it after a while.

Okay, when we started dating, she was living not too far from me in a house where she was renting a room. Everything was going great, but a few months later, she moved to a new place much further away, that happened to be in a giant loft that she would be sharing with one of her friends who was coming in from Texas (she made this agreement before we met, so it was already a done deal). The loft that she rented, is pretty much what it sounds like, one giant, continuous piece of real estate with no walls or anything. Not to mention sound carried over from one part of the loft to the other very easily. We attempted to solve this by handling things in the bathroom, but that we might has well have been surrounded with rice paper because everything could be heard by her roommate (who, by the way, was ALWAYS around, as he worked from home). After that little instance, she still invited me over, but any happy fun time was absolutely out of the question.

We dated for several months overall and we broke up probably about 3 or 4 weeks after she moved into this new place.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Okay but you basically broke up because she couldn't perform with roomie around and was tired of the car? Like you just broke up because of that? The sex issue? Doesn't sound like a relationship to me. It sounds like it was just about getting dick. That's where my confusion lies.

Oblivion

Well, isn't it kinda difficult to be in a relationship if you can't be intimate?

Kara

Yes but if you're serious about it you make it work.

Nothing wrong with a relationship based on physical intimacy, but is it something you want to chase after again?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Well, isn't it kinda difficult to be in a relationship if you can't be intimate?

If you really dig someone a dry spell isn't a big deal. It happens. That's how life is.

Oblivion

Yes but if you're serious about it you make it work.

Nothing wrong with a relationship based on physical intimacy, but is it something you want to chase after again?

Well, I wouldn't mind it, I guess.

Phoenix Dark

"Hey...how are you? I'm good. Anyway my mom will be out of the country for half a year so I have the house to myself. Want to fuck?"

I don't think this will work breh. Should have kept the relationship going and just booked hotels every few weeks, or whenever yall felt like smashing. Now she has moved on and probably doesn't want to be your 6mo booty call.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Just to play devil's advocate, even though her initial response will most likely be that that's not the type of thing she's looking for right now, there's a good chance that after a week she'll call back and change her mind.

And the way I see things going is that since you can't keep just banging someone and not catch feelings, the second breakup will be sour and then his mom will come home with a nubile Indian girl who wants a visa and he'll accept his mother's proposal and be miserable for the rest of his life. A living cautionary tale about casual sex.

Just to play devil's advocate.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
six months? time to become a tinder and okc savage

Huff

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #8136 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »
Nurse I've been seeing is looking into fostering/adopting one of the kids on her floor. Asked me if I had any issues with it.

I don't, but I'm not sure she understands the commitment she's taking on. It's going to break us up and I feel more sorry for her than anything.
dur

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #8137 on: September 05, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »
Nurse I've been seeing is looking into fostering/adopting one of the kids on her floor. Asked me if I had any issues with it.

I don't, but I'm not sure she understands the commitment she's taking on. It's going to break us up and I feel more sorry for her than anything.
Aren't these two statements in opposition to each other?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8138 on: September 05, 2015, 02:21:46 AM »

Aren't these two statements in opposition to each other?
I'm assuming he doesn't care whether they break up or not.

Huff

« Reply #8139 on: September 05, 2015, 07:23:04 AM »
I'm in an area where most single ladies have kids, usually their first at 16/17, so that's not an issue. It's the time problem, were just never going to see each other when you add a medically needy child on her plate.

dur

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8140 on: September 19, 2015, 09:16:37 AM »
As an update, I've been with a girl for the past two months.  We hang out maybe a couple times a week.  She's DTF whenever, wherever, which is nice.

A friend of mine tipped me off about an over 30s singles event coming up.  He's went before and said it's a bunch of creepy, desperate MILFs and cougars and that he got a blowski out of the deal.  I'm going to go, I'm hoping for the same thing.

I've had a greater appreciation for the single life in recent weeks.  The feeling of doing whatever you want whenever you want is nice to me.  With various work and school stresses, it's a nice and fun diversion.

As an update, I went to this thing.  It was weird.  There were more women than men, which is an interesting dynamic.  What it was is a bunch of divorcees (or single moms or women who never married, whatever) who have never worked a job in their life trying to find their next (rich) husband.  They weren't really too interested in me because I was not a multimillionaire; I might make decent money but it was not enough to fund their Real Housewives standard of living.  There were a lot of grey haired/balding/bald men there who had to be in their 40s and 50s and the women flocked to them.  I did end up getting four numbers: two of them never responded back, one kept coming up with BS reasons why she couldn't meet so I gave up there, and I'm going out with the last one next week.  There was one woman with cartoonishly large fake tits that I wanted to talk to at the party but she was too busy hitting up the older men.

So kind of a bust but it was a good lesson: if you take care of yourself and have a good job, you will probably never run out of options even as you get to be middle aged or older.  These women were almost all hot and were easily in their 30s and 40s but looked like they were in their mid or late 20s.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8141 on: September 19, 2015, 10:09:19 AM »
I'd imagine many of the chicks knew any older guy who witnessed her talking to you would automatically throw her in the bushes. Same if she was talking to a black guy there. Older rich dudes might have financial advantages but many are still childish and insecure as fuck. I remember a business trip to Chicago where my friend and I got to stay at a pretty good hotel. We went to eat at a restaurant close by, and while I was chilling at our table I saw my friend in the bar area talking to the hottest Hispanic chick I've ever seen. To my right at another table I heard silverware drop. Didn't look to see what happened, I was too busy staring ahead at this chick, hoping my friend would strike out (did I mention he's married).

Anyway he struck out and walked back to our table. Couple minutes later the chick walked past us smiling and sat at the table to my right. We heard a whispered argument, I turned and saw some old dude stand up and tell her "well we won't be going there tonight after all." He stormed out and gave my buddy an ugly look. The chick held it together but I could tell she busted out crying after walking out the restaurant.

The old dude was probably in his 50s, looked like an executive type. Butt hurt over the smallest shit. I think a lot of those dudes resent the fact that while their money buys them chicks it doesn't really buy them the authentic experience. Sure some old dudes don't give a fuck, they just want to wake up with a hot chick regardless of if she likes him or not. But many are really looking for love and any reality check will send them into a breakdown.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #8142 on: September 19, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
I think you described most men whether they have money or not. People in general are insecure as fuck.

Kara

« Reply #8143 on: September 19, 2015, 02:54:18 PM »
I think you described most men whether they have money or not. People in general are insecure as fuck.

I'm secure in the belief that on a long enough timeline I always lose so there's no sense in worrying about it. :jawalrus

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #8144 on: September 21, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
nearly 5 months with the lady :D
püp

Kara

« Reply #8145 on: September 22, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »

I'm secure in the belief that on a long enough timeline I always lose so there's no sense in worrying about it. :jawalrus

I would like to retract my prior braggadocio and crawl into a fetal position of self-doubt if your honors would permit. :stahp

Kara

« Reply #8146 on: September 22, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »
I don't know. :brazilcry

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8147 on: September 22, 2015, 10:11:39 PM »
a-are you in love with someone?

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #8148 on: September 22, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »
Loverboy over here :sabu

Kara

« Reply #8149 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:37 PM »

Your Majesty, you don't even want to know the half of it. :goty2 :snoop

Tasty

« Reply #8150 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »

My meal ticket :brazilcry  :noooo

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #8151 on: September 23, 2015, 12:37:33 AM »

I need to know the full of it. Share pls.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #8152 on: September 23, 2015, 07:12:02 AM »
been over a year since I made this post:

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=36858.msg1924015#msg1924015

still together
nat

Kara

« Reply #8153 on: September 23, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »

I can't ever make fun of that GAFer who wrote sonnets.

Tasty

« Reply #8154 on: September 23, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »

I can't ever make fun of that GAFer who wrote sonnets.

I can still do that though, right?

Kara

« Reply #8155 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
That all depends on how much personal hypocrisy you can stomach. As I didn't actually write a sonnet, I narrowly construe my definition of it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8156 on: September 23, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
damn breh. Can't win them all. But real talk, getting rejected after not really experiencing it in ages would suck. You go in with the calm confidence of 1000 greenlights only to get stopped at red.

she was white, wasn't she  :doge
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #8157 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »
Actively trying to date again.

Shit is :stahp
yar

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #8158 on: September 30, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
If my wife would ever leave or pass away, there's no way I would go back and date again. I think I've conquered that primal urge.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #8159 on: September 30, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »
If my wife would ever leave or pass away, there's no way I would go back and date again. I think I've conquered that primal urge.

Same. I'd maybe try to find a fuckbuddy or 2 and get a motorcycle.
©ZH