Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2084306 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #12420 on: May 10, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »
Touching

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12421 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »
It's the small moments in life.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12422 on: May 10, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/730077896400842752

the joke about him not shaking a womens hand till 19 and it being the mail lady is true too. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #12423 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:29 AM »
At the office I saw a colleague of mine that I hadn't seen in months in the hallway who I know is a huge SV fan. I was like "Hey Parm! That's a nice chain!"

He replied in his british accent, "Yeah, I choke my mom with it when my penis is in her butthole!"

We gave each other a bro hug all like :mynicca

Everyone one else in the hallway looked on like  :crazy

Create a hostile working environment for women brehs :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12424 on: May 11, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
Nah, just for his mom.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12425 on: May 11, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

with set up

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12426 on: May 11, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »
Kumail Nanjiani <3
serge

Tasty

« Reply #12427 on: May 12, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »
Supergirl is moving to the CW (and Vancouver), the same network (and city) as the three Arrowverse shows.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-season-two-cw-892629

Supergirl becomes The CW's fourth DC Comics show on its slate for the 2016-17 broadcast season.

The CW should just be renamed "The DC," lol.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12428 on: May 12, 2016, 08:10:38 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/nbcs-emerald-city-has-got-the-most-fabulous-wicked-witc-1776242885

Holy cow, Tarsem Singh is attached to an Oz TV show? Why didn't you tell me? :hyper

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12429 on: May 12, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »
Supergirl is moving to the CW (and Vancouver), the same network (and city) as the three Arrowverse shows.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-season-two-cw-892629

Supergirl becomes The CW's fourth DC Comics show on its slate for the 2016-17 broadcast season.

The CW should just be renamed "The DC," lol.

Show will probably not be complete trash now.

Tasty

« Reply #12430 on: May 13, 2016, 10:49:45 AM »
It's the CW, of course it will be.

The Flash is excellent :wag

TVC15

« Reply #12431 on: May 13, 2016, 10:52:18 AM »
This season of Archer is the best since the early ones.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12432 on: May 13, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »
There is only 4 seasons.  What you mean to say its a better season than season 3. 

Beezy

« Reply #12433 on: May 13, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
There is only 4 seasons.  What you mean to say its a better season than season 3.
:doge

TVC15

« Reply #12434 on: May 13, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »
Last season was pretty good. Archer Vice even has lots to like. Even if it wasn't ultimately an awesome diversion, at least Archer Vice kept them from having to say ISIS during the worst possible time to be saying it in a comedy show.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #12435 on: May 13, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »
I liked Vice a lot, but not as much as the preceding seasons.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12436 on: May 13, 2016, 01:52:24 PM »
:lol I read that as arrow not archer cause the discussion was about the CW.  Not my fault. 

Tasty

« Reply #12437 on: May 13, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »
:lol I read that as arrow not archer cause the discussion was about the CW.  Not my fault.

:dead

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12438 on: May 14, 2016, 12:34:57 AM »
nooooooooo limitless cancelled

:gloomy

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12439 on: May 14, 2016, 01:44:20 AM »
nooooooooo limitless cancelled

:gloomy

goodnight sweet prince

TVC15

« Reply #12440 on: May 14, 2016, 01:48:02 AM »
CW sux aside from iZombie
serge

TVC15

« Reply #12441 on: May 14, 2016, 01:49:48 AM »
oh and Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12442 on: May 14, 2016, 02:28:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/731177207670808576

Castle's done.

Maybe Nathan can do some kind of space... cowboy... thing. That might work.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12443 on: May 14, 2016, 04:54:47 AM »
Upstart Crow is Ben Elton's new Shakespeare-based comedy, very reminiscent of Blackadder. First episode is free on iTunes today. It's hilarious.

TVC15

« Reply #12444 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:09 PM »
Silicon Valley is killing it this season. I'm officially declaring it HBO's current MVP.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12445 on: May 16, 2016, 07:37:05 AM »
That was pretty badass Richard.  Until it wasn't.  :lol

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #12446 on: May 16, 2016, 11:48:01 AM »
The 100 us such a confused show. Characters constantly flip back and forth from good to evil. There's no consistency whatsoever in character motivations and actions.
nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12447 on: May 16, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #12448 on: May 16, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »
Is that safe to watch if I've only seen the first five episodes of s1?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12449 on: May 16, 2016, 03:21:45 PM »
IT'S LIT

one thing tho

spoiler (click to show/hide)
didn't see Tyrell
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12450 on: May 16, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
Is that safe to watch if I've only seen the first five episodes of s1?

Def. Not.

Tasty

« Reply #12451 on: May 16, 2016, 04:11:14 PM »
OK. Planning on finishing up the season soon. Watched two eps back to back on Saturday.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12452 on: May 16, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »
toku

spoiler
if Darlene dies I'm not sure I can handle it, fam
:tocry
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12453 on: May 16, 2016, 05:31:28 PM »
toku

spoiler
if Darlene dies I'm not sure I can handle it, fam
[close]

yeah i cant handle the loss of another eyeliner goddess
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12454 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:05 AM »
Finished wathcing season 2 for both Better Call Saul and Kimmy Schmidt : it's good all around but I'm a bit weary of the "TV show syndrome" (aka cliffhangers) settling in. Better Call Saul in particular ended in an inconclusive manner, mid-story. It's the nature of the beast to keep viewers hooked and having to add supplemental stories when you have success however as I explained a couple of times in the past I feel it is destined to generate more and more sloppy writing and entropy. As I feared, the Jiimmy/Mike streams never really crossed in this season, doesn't bode super well for the cohesiveness of the show.

Kimmy Schmidt S2 finale at least had a climax of sorts,

Lisa Kudrow as Kimmy's mother is a case of genius because it is so obvious  :lol
[close]

still super funny overall and I like the supporting characters (unlike some people). Carol Kane is a romp but her character wasn't super interesting with her plot only just going by season's end.
ὕβρις

TVC15

« Reply #12455 on: May 17, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »
You summed up how I felt about BCS. I love it, but I find it just a tad unacceptable that Jimmy and Mike had little to do with each other this season. I understand that they will have to cross paths in the future, but it seems like such a tease to be paying so much attention to Mike's story for it to end up to be nothing but an excuse for Breaking Bad cameos. It feels really inessential, especially when the Jimmy and Kim stories are so much better and so tonally different. It's like the Mike shit is there just to keep the Breaking Bad bros satiated. Mike's shit is dragging the show down a little at this point.
serge

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #12456 on: May 18, 2016, 12:38:28 AM »
Veep was amazing this week. :lol
zzzzz

Tasty

« Reply #12457 on: May 18, 2016, 08:23:34 AM »
Veep was amazing this week. :lol

The scene where she's laughing about Nevada in the same room as her dead mother is one of the most fucked up things I've seen in a comedy. :lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:27:44 AM by Tasty Meat »

benjipwns

« Reply #12458 on: May 18, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »

:lol

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #12459 on: May 18, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »

Sweet Dee is also getting her own show.

OH!

benjipwns

« Reply #12460 on: May 18, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
More FOX Trailers:

Making History: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TVyOqCkr0
Produced by Phil Lord and Chris Miller (“Lego Movie,” “21 Jump Street”), and written by Julius “Goldy” Sharpe (“The Grinder,” FAMILY GUY), the new comedy MAKING HISTORY follows three friends from two different centuries as they try to balance the thrill of time travel with the mundane concerns of their present-day lives.

Two shows in one, it’s both a rollicking historical adventure, and a contemporary comedy about love, friendship and trying to fit in to an increasingly complex and impersonal world. DAN CHAMBERS (Adam Pally, “The Mindy Project,” “Happy Endings”), a computer science professor at a small Massachusetts college, recently discovered time travel and has been transporting himself back to the 1700s to spend time with the colonial woman he’s fallen for. In the present, Dan is an unpopular nerd. But by claiming song lyrics, lines from movies and stand-up bits as his own in the 18th century, he’s absolutely hilarious – he gets the girl and makes friends. But Dan’s actions in the past are messing up the present. That woman he’s dating is not just any woman. She’s Paul Revere’s daughter, DEBORAH (Leighton Meester, “Gossip Girl”), and Dan’s meddling in the past causes her father to delay his famous ride, which may have altered the outcome of the entire American Revolution. To set matters right, Dan enlists the help of his colleague, CHRIS PARISH (Yassir Lester, “Girls,” “Key and Peele”), a brilliant, polished and popular history professor, who’s now given the incredible opportunity to actually live the history he teaches. Can Dan, Chris and Deborah save America as we know it? Can a woman from 1775 adapt to life in 2016? Can the three intrepid time travelers improve the past, help the helpless, fight for justice and get rich?

Shots Fired: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RmkAihHeJg
Examining the dangerous aftermath of racially charged shootings in a small Southern town, SHOTS FIRED is a dramatic new event series that is a “why done it?” and a “who done it?” From Gina Prince-Bythewood (“Beyond the Lights,” “The Secret Life of Bees,” “Love & Basketball”) and Reggie Rock Bythewood (“Beyond the Lights,” “Notorious”), the 10-hour event series is an explosive look at the criminal justice system.

When an African-American police officer kills an unarmed white college student, a small town in North Carolina is turned upside-down. Before the town has a chance to grapple with this tragedy, the neglected murder of an African-American teen is brought to light, re-opening wounds that threaten to tear the town apart. Leading the Department of Justice’s inquiry into these shootings is seasoned investigator ASHE AKINO (Sanaa Lathan, “The Perfect Guy”) and a young Special Prosecutor, PRESTON TERRY (Stephan James, “Race,” “Selma”), both of whom are African-American. As they start to pull back the layers of both cases, they suspect a cover-up that may involve some of the state’s most powerful people, including fiercely political North Carolina Governor PATRICIA EAMONS (Academy-, Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actress Helen Hunt, “As Good As It Gets,” “The Sessions”). She’s in a tough re-election fight, and the recent shootings in her state are making it even tougher. Meanwhile, real estate mogul and owner of a privatized prison ARLEN COX (Academy- and Golden Globe Award-winning actor Richard Dreyfuss, “The Goodbye Girl,” “Jaws,” “Madoff”), is pulled into the case, as LT. ERIC BREELAND (Stephen Moyer, “The Bastard Executioner,” “True Blood”), a seasoned veteran in the town’s Sheriff’s Department, gets caught in the middle of the investigation. SHOTS FIRED tackles the racial divide from all perspectives. As Ashe and Preston navigate the media attention, public debate and social unrest that come with such volatile cases, they learn that everybody has a story, and that the truth is rarely black and white.

Lethal Weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZdEmvcFdU
Combining action and drama with friendship and humor, LETHAL WEAPON reboots the hit movie franchise, as it follows classic cop duo Riggs and Murtaugh, who are working a crime-ridden beat in modern-day Los Angeles.

Grief-stricken after the loss of his young wife and unborn child, ex-Navy SEAL-turned-detective MARTIN RIGGS (Clayne Crawford, “Rectify”) moves to California to “start over” at the LAPD. He’s paired up with ROGER MURTAUGH (Emmy Award nominee Damon Wayans, Sr., “My Wife and Kids,” “In Living Color”), who’s just coming back to the job after a near-fatal heart attack. Riggs’ penchant for diving headfirst into the line of fire immediately clashes with Murtaugh’s prudent, by-the-book technique. It’s clear from the moment they meet, this partnership could be lethal. But during their first case together, Riggs drags Murtaugh on a high-speed chase culminating inside the Long Beach Grand Prix and into a seaport shootout with drug dealers – and despite his protests, the older cop feels more alive than he has in years. Meanwhile, Riggs gets a glimpse of why Murtaugh is so determined to get home safely at the end of each day – he’s got a family and a newborn baby of his own. By the time their investigation ends, Riggs realizes he may have found something worth living for – a partner and friend like Murtaugh. And even Murtaugh figures this arrangement might just work out after all. If only Riggs doesn’t get them killed first…

The Exorcist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NH3ffAp9aA
Widely regarded as the greatest horror movie ever made, “The Exorcist” broke box office records and terrified audiences around the world. Now, more than four decades after the Academy Award-nominated film, THE EXORCIST returns as a TV series.

Directed by Rupert Wyatt (“Rise of the Planet of the Apes”), THE EXORCIST is a propulsive psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession. FATHER TOMAS ORTEGA (Alfonso Herrera, “Sense8,” “The Chosen”) is the new face of the Catholic Church: progressive, ambitious and compassionate. He runs a small but loyal parish in the suburbs of Chicago. He has no idea that his quiet life is about to change forever. Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, another priest finds himself locked in a life-and-death struggle with evil. FATHER MARCUS BRENNAN (Ben Daniels, “Flesh and Bone,” “House of Cards”) is a modern-day Templar Knight, an orphan raised since childhood by the Vatican to wage war against its enemies. Father Marcus is everything Father Tomas is not: relentless, abrasive and utterly consumed by his sacred mission. Caught in the middle is the RANCE family, members of Tomas’ parish. On the surface, they’re a normal, suburban family, but all is not as it seems in this household. The patriarch, HENRY RANCE (guest star Alan Ruck, “Spin City,” “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”), is slowly but surely losing his mind. Eldest daughter KATHERINE (Brianne Howey, SCREAM QUEENS) has become a recluse who refuses to leave her room. Her younger sister, CASEY (Hannah Kasulka, “The Fosters”), thinks she’s hearing strange noises coming from inside the walls. And mother ANGELA (Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Geena Davis, “Commander in Chief,” “Thelma & Louise”) has been plagued by recurring nightmares, each more frightening than the last. Angela believes there is something in the house, a demonic presence, growing stronger by the day. Desperate, she begs Father Tomas for help, unwittingly setting the naďve young priest on a collision course with Father Marcus. Separately, each faces an insurmountable task, but together they become the only hope against an evil force that has been mobilizing for centuries.

benjipwns

« Reply #12461 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ6Jg5i_pqc

Sweet Dee is also getting her own show.

Random Music1 day ago
Main actress looks like a bird a little bit
Darren Parker16 hours ago
Get yer rum ham ready!
Haris Choudhery1 day ago
Why is there a bird throughout this trailer?
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #12462 on: May 18, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »
NBC:

Timeless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glJzvUunOE
From Eric Kripke ("Revolution," "Supernatural"), Shawn Ryan ("The Shield") and the producers of "The Blacklist" comes this thrilling action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist, a soldier and a history professor, who must use the machine's prototype to travel back in time to critical events. While they must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive. But can this handpicked team uncover the mystery behind it all and end his destruction before it's too late?

Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter and Malcolm Barrett star as a team chasing a criminal intent on destroying America through time.

From Michael Schur, executive producer of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and "Parks and Recreation," comes a smart, unique new comedy that follows Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell, "House of Lies," "Veronica Mars"), an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise afterlife mentor (Ted Danson, "Bored to Death," "Cheers"), she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #12463 on: May 18, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
If they did a gag like that on the show  :rejoice

OH!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12464 on: May 18, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
I'll watch that, but its on Fox which makes things suck

benjipwns

« Reply #12465 on: May 18, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »
ABC:

Speechless is like the entire first episode compressed into three minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u55WK6AbaM
Maya DiMeo (Minnie Driver) is a mother who is willing to do anything for her family. Her son, JJ (Michah Fowler) has cerebral palsy and she will fight for justice in order to give him what he deserves. From the creators of Fresh Off The Boat

Still Star-Crossed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LllK0jMn_hs
“Still Star-Crossed,” a period drama from Shondaland, picks up where the famous story of Romeo and Juliet ends, charting the treachery, palace intrigue and ill-fated romances of the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the young lovers’ tragic fate. The series is based on the book by Melinda Taub.

Time After Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN4C4Ar5BLo
Based on the novel and movie “Time After Time,” executive producer/writer Kevin Williamson (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Scream” franchise, “Dawson’s Creek”) delivers a fantastical cat and mouse adventure through time when famed science fiction writer H.G. Wells is transported to modern day Manhattan in pursuit of Jack the Ripper. Once H.G. arrives in New York City, he finds a world he never thought possible and a young woman who captivates him.

Notorious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBP6wb3xmI
“Notorious” is inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, who serve as executive producers. The series is a provocative look at the unique, sexy and dangerous interplay of criminal law and the media. Josh Berman (“Blacklist,” “Bones,” “CSI”) is writer and executive producer, and Allie Hagan (“Suri’s Burn Book”) is writer and co-executive producer.
Annie Walker's newest cover with the newest cover for the guy from Graceland  :o

Designated Survivor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw
Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor Kiefer Sutherland (“24”) returns to primetime in a conspiracy thriller as Tom Kirkman, a lower-level cabinet member who unexpectedly becomes president after a devastating attack on Washington. He will struggle to prevent the country and his own family from falling into chaos, as he is thrust into one of the most difficult presidencies in history.
Kal Penn has gotten fat

Conviction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJqg6J4JeLg
Lawyer and former First Daughter Hayes Morrison (Hayley Atwell, “Marvel’s Agent Carter”) is about to accept a job offered from her sexy nemesis, NY District Attorney Wayne Wallis, to avoid jail time for cocaine possession and avoid hurting her mother’s Senate campaign. Working with his team at the new Conviction Integrity Unit will let her use her brilliant mind to turn over cases, where there is credible suspicion of wrongful conviction, and give her a chance to turn things around with her high-powered political family.
The Chelsea Clinton Story

Great Rumbler: The Series:

Based on the web series, “Downward Dog” is about a struggling millennial, Nan (Emmy-nominated Allison Tolman, “Fargo”), from the point of view of her lonely and philosophical dog, Martin. One session at obedience school already makes them realize that even at their worst they may be the best thing for each other.

Imaginary Mary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vywGIjvPk
Alice (Jenna Elfman) has her life turned upside-down when she ‘stupidly’ falls for the love of her life Ben (Stephen Schneider)— an adorable, quick-witted divorced father with three kids. But when she ignores her fears of commitment and her ability to mother, Imaginary Mary, her childhood invention (voiced by Rachel Dratch), comes back to life to express Alice’s deepest fears and add more chaos to the situation.

benjipwns

« Reply #12466 on: May 18, 2016, 06:31:49 PM »
Lastly, CBS, which just posted theirs which are all like five minutes long except MacGyver:

Man With A Plan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn5XHuGbYvY
A contractor, whose wife goes back to work, starts spending more time with his kids and discovers the truth every parent realizes: his little angels are maniacs. Matt LeBlanc stars in Man With A Plan
Why not PUCKS?!?

Pure Genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-5-t4Njlc
A young silicon valley tech titan enlists the aid of a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in establishing the the high tech hospital of the future. Pure Genius stars Dermot Mulroney and Augustus Prew.

The Great Indoors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGqzXhqsqc
An adventure reporter must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of a famous outdoor magazine. Joel McHale stars in The Great Indoors.

Kevin Can Wait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNcS1-Xpxs
A newly retired police officer looks forward to spending more quality time with his wife and three kids only to discover he faces much tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets. Kevin James stars in Kevin Can Wait
DR LOLA SPLATT

Bull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbT53K9XZQ
Inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, Michael Weatherly stars as Dr. Jason Bull. Brilliant, brash and charming, he's the ultimate puppet master combining psychology, intuition and high tech data to learn what makes jurors and the accused tick
wait, what

Training Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeoB3R1QteI
Based on the hit feature film, this crime thriller begins 15 years later when an idealistic young police officer is appointed to an elite squad of the LAPD and he is partnered with a seasoned yet morally ambiguous detective. Starring Bill Paxton and Justin Cornwell

A secret agent unlike any other, MacGyver escapes perilous situations with nothing but a paper clip, his trusty knife and his wit. A dynamic reimagining of the hit TV series, this action packed origin story follows a young hero as he undertakes missions to save lives and change the world. MacGyver stars Lucas Till and George Eads.

benjipwns

« Reply #12467 on: May 18, 2016, 06:35:03 PM »
MacGyver's whole "making crazy shit out of random stuff" schtick is kinda degraded considering how many other shows have adopted it or something like it in the decades since... Burn Notice did a lot of it every episode, for example.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #12468 on: May 18, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »
RDA is MacGyver and without him there is no point. 

benjipwns

« Reply #12469 on: May 18, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
A lot of these look worse than the trailers for last season. What's happened to broadcast sitcoms since NBC's bloc ended?

I like how basically every network has a time travel series.

Some of the ones that looked interesting last year only started like a month or two ago. And others like Limitless have gone through an entire season and been cancelled already. I never got around to watching The Family. Or The Catch. The trailers had looked interesting but by mid-March a year later I forgot about them.

This is also coming to NBC:
Powerless "is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains."

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12470 on: May 18, 2016, 07:37:58 PM »
NBC:

Timeless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glJzvUunOE
From Eric Kripke ("Revolution," "Supernatural"), Shawn Ryan ("The Shield") and the producers of "The Blacklist" comes this thrilling action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist, a soldier and a history professor, who must use the machine's prototype to travel back in time to critical events. While they must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive. But can this handpicked team uncover the mystery behind it all and end his destruction before it's too late?

Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter and Malcolm Barrett star as a team chasing a criminal intent on destroying America through time.

From Michael Schur, executive producer of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and "Parks and Recreation," comes a smart, unique new comedy that follows Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell, "House of Lies," "Veronica Mars"), an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise afterlife mentor (Ted Danson, "Bored to Death," "Cheers"), she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.

I'm way, way in for both of these.

Phoenix Dark

Tasty

« Reply #12472 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »
:lol APB looks amazing. I might actually watch that

on Netflix
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12473 on: May 18, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

:lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It's like a police procedural with Malcolm Gladwell as a showrunner.

benjipwns

« Reply #12474 on: May 19, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »
Can we get reshoots so he properly rounds up when he says "each of you protects and serves 215 people" when the infograph behind him clearly states 215.9?

benjipwns

« Reply #12475 on: May 19, 2016, 12:37:46 AM »
It's pretty comparable to normal for the networks, cancel half or more of their new slate, kick off an old show or four, bring in ten to twelve new shows. One thing in recent years is that more broadcast networks have hopped on the cable bandwagon of having shows that premiere "out of season" since apparently people watch TV then too. Also as backups for stuff they cancel very early.

2012-13
2013-14
2014-15
2015-16
2016-17

Like NBC had a run where they had to replace all their comedies and Law and Orders back in 2012:
New series:

1600 Penn[93]
Animal Practice[93]
Camp
Chicago Fire[89]
Crossing Lines
Deception[94]
Do No Harm[95]
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
Go On[96]
Guys with Kids[97]
Hannibal[98]
Hollywood Game Night[99]
The New Normal[100]
Next Caller[101]
Ready for Love[102]
Revolution[100]
Save Me
Siberia
Take It All[103]
And 2013:
New series:

About a Boy[100]
American Dream Builders[101]
Believe[100]
The Blacklist[102]
Chicago P.D.[103]
Crisis[100]
Crossbones[104]
Dracula[105]
Food Fighters
Growing Up Fisher[100][106]
Ironside[107]
The Michael J. Fox Show[108]
The Million Second Quiz[109]
The Night Shift[102]
Running Wild with Bear Grylls
Sean Saves the World[100]
Taxi Brooklyn
Undateable[107]
Welcome to Sweden
Welcome to the Family[102]
Working the Engels

Even to last year:
New series:

Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris[118]
Better Late Than Never[119]
Blindspot[120]
Chicago Med[120]
Crowded[121]
Game of Silence[122]
Heartbeat[120][123]
Heroes Reborn[1]
Little Big Shots[124]
Maya & Marty[125]
The Player[122]
Shades of Blue[126]
Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge[14]
Strong[127]
Superstore[121]
Telenovela[128]
Truth Be Told[121]
You the Jury[129]
You, Me and the Apocalypse[130][131]

Now they have a bunch of slots filled (all the Chicago shows, Blacklist, Blindspot, etc.) so this year by comparison:
New series:

The Blacklist: Redemption[79]
Chicago Justice[80]
Emerald City[81]
The Good Place[82]
Great News[83]
Marlon[83]
Midnight, Texas[84]
Powerless[85]
Taken[86]
This Is Us[87]
Timeless[88]
Trial & Error[85]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12476 on: May 19, 2016, 12:38:38 AM »
Can't wait for the season 2 premier of APB where the guy is framed and must out smart the system he created while simultaneously trying to prove he's innocent.

Oh wait there won't be a S2

benjipwns

« Reply #12477 on: May 19, 2016, 12:51:58 AM »
Can't wait for the season 2 premier of APB where the guy is framed and must out smart the system he created while simultaneously trying to prove he's innocent.

Then in season three he secretly uses the system to aid his run for Mayor.

And questions arise to if he's been altering the stats. :omg

helios

« Reply #12478 on: May 19, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »

Then in season three he secretly uses the system to aid his run for Mayor.

And questions arise to if he's been altering the stats. :omg

Season 4 he creates a new app that can scan a person's brain and determine the likelihood of them committing a crime. The app will be installed on guns that can tase or kill a suspect depending on the criminal probability.

[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12479 on: May 20, 2016, 07:20:37 PM »

DAY ONE

JACK'S BACK
[close]