Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3826579 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #5820 on: March 26, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
Kim Foxx is apparently friends with the Smollett family.

So is Riotjuice ResetEra's official ambassador to TheBore? I need to know in case I ever have to pen a letter.

That’s marrec but he seems to have jumped off the deep end lately.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5821 on: March 26, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »
Being fair, the case was so leaky that is not far fetched to believe that a lot of Cops were interested on making him fall even if he was totally guilty..

Yeah, the leaks turned out to have been pretty accurate on what internal investigations were thinking and doing, but the official stance and on the record statements were that it was a crime and they were investigating.

Right;  and where did this info leak from?

Their behavior inludes all the leaks, I would bet the lawyer harped on that a lot in whatever arguments he had with them.

The rest of your post.. nothnig really to do with what I'm saying.  He may have forfeited his bond a while ago.  I was just pointing out that he didn't pay 10k for a "deal."

I think its pretty rich to make a big deal out of "trying a case in the court of public opinion"in your PR when the dude was on national TV saying if it had been mexicans or muslims that had attacked him the police wouldn't be doing the shitty job in investigating he was claiming

The problem is that a procedural exists for a reason. The lawyers probably threatened to fight the hell back because these leaks are not supposed to happen in the first place even if Smollett is shitting them on national television.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5822 on: March 26, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
The reason for case being dropped is weird. I don't understand it.

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1110563447895408640

The BBC report states this:
The Cook County State's Attorney's office said in a statement: "After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case", CBS News reported.

Smollett's attorneys:

"He was a victim who was villified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement," the lawyers said.

"Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. The entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion."

Smollett's attorneys are acting like he was completely exonerated. If that is the case then what is all this talk about community service and whether he did or didn't do it? If he was exonerated, why would community service even be mention?

I'm confused.

They are pulling the Trump tactic of pretending he did nothing  wrong, is just PR to save face. The guy is a scumbag.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:36:04 PM by Boredfrom »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5823 on: March 26, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
Jussie Smollett is the new OJ.
"I'm the gay OJ"

Boredfrom

« Reply #5824 on: March 26, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
Class privilege wins again.

But I thought racial discrimination was the ONLY factor for social injustice.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5825 on: March 26, 2019, 12:35:50 PM »
The problem is that a procedural exists for a reason. The lawyers probably threatened to fight the hell back because these leaks are not supposed to happen in the first place even if Smollett is shitting them on national television.

Yeah, I agree, everyone has a right to an impartial jury - I'm just 'bothsidesing' this that its as much his fault that there was public preconception before any arrests were made as unknown leakers.
I'd imagine its the weakness of the actual charges that were the deciding factor, not the tainting of any potential jury.

Because a false police report against nobody in particular, apropos of nothing, unrelated to any other investigations, I don't see being a thing a rich first time offender with a good lawyer is even going to see more than a fine for in the first place.

e: and thats ignoring 'the optics' on the chicago PD with their, lets say questionable history of dealing with the black community going hard on a black dude for lying to cops in a way that they didn't do for, you know, certain other cases they've been involved in.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:40:41 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Leadbelly

« Reply #5826 on: March 26, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »
Smollett's attorneys are acting like he was completely exonerated. If that is the case then what is all this talk about community service and whether he did or didn't do it? If he was exonerated, why would community service even be mention?

I'm confused.

They are simply referencing that he's been a member of the community, and has done service to that community in the past.. he's done activism or some shit.

It's basically the DA grasping to try to excuse dropping the charges; beyond that they are no-commenting the shit out of this.  Something may have happened behind the scenes, someone fucked up, etc. to make them think they couldn't convict him or even get a good plea deal out of him.  The other werid thing is Kim Foxx had previously recused herself because she's a friend of his family.

This shit is wild.

Yeah. Seems like it might be something like that. I don't think anything else has been said other than his community service played a role.
https://www.thewrap.com/jussie-smollett-charges-dropped-volunteer-service/

Boredfrom

« Reply #5827 on: March 26, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »

Yeah, I agree, everyone has a right to an impartial jury - I'm just 'bothsidesing' this that its as much his fault that there was public preconception before any arrests were made as unknown leakers.
I'd imagine its the weakness of the actual charges that were the deciding factor, not the tainting of any potential jury.

Because a false police report against nobody in particular, apropos of nothing, unrelated to any other investigations, I don't see being a thing a rich first time offender with a good lawyer is even going to see more than a fine for in the first place.

I think it’s still assholish from him to not keep quiet about it and just let the news drop. Feels like he is becoming the black gay Trump.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5828 on: March 26, 2019, 12:38:47 PM »
Community $ervice.

This dude paid a couple nigerians to beat him up.

I doubt he's above bribery.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5829 on: March 26, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »

It's basically the DA grasping to try to excuse dropping the charges; beyond that they are no-commenting the shit out of this.  Something may have happened behind the scenes, someone fucked up, etc. to make them think they couldn't convict him or even get a good plea deal out of him.  The other werid thing is Kim Foxx had previously recused herself because she's a friend of his family.

Could just be as simple as the DA looking at how stupid the whole thing is and realizing that it's not worth the man-hours and media circus to ruin this (mentally ill) guy's life.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5830 on: March 26, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »

Could just be as simple as the DA looking at how stupid the whole thing is and realizing that it's not worth the man-hours and media circus to ruin this (mentally ill) guy's life.

An ill man that faked a hate crime and still claims it totally happened.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5831 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:53 PM »
Elegant Weapon is really a scumbag, lol.

FStop7

« Reply #5832 on: March 26, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
“What I have said, because I'm not interested in politics, and I have said this before, is that sadly in our country when you put an R or D on you, you immediately alienate most of the country with whatever choice you make,” Obama said.

“We're in those times right now. And my goal is that I want to be able to reach as many people as possible. I don't want people to stop listening or to take what I say differently if it's the truth just because I'm a D. Because there are a lot of Rs out there that I love and respect, and if I know something, I want Republicans' kids to know about college.

“I'm not one of these people who are like either you're on my side or you're not. I think you can do that better outside of politics. But I will do everything I can to emphasize the importance of voting.”

What an Italian Soda Opossum.

B’Hitler Onazi

Leadbelly

« Reply #5833 on: March 26, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
I don't think I can handle another one of Smollett's speeches. He will probably liken himself to Martin Luther King or Malcolm X next.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5834 on: March 26, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »
I think it's probably as simple as the combination of the leaks making them look bad + they didn't really have an amazing case against Jussie.  Their solid case was against the brothers who they already seemed to have given immunity.  They had no proof of Jussie's involvement, it's obvious he was, but they had no proof or even really evidnce that couldn't easily be explained.

I honestly think the 'leaks' thing is PR misdirection, to imply that 'what you heard' isn't the real story (and sadly the real story will never come out now, what a shame).

Its shit like Laquan McDonald and Homan Square that has the DA not tripping over themselves to defend the honour of the CPD

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5835 on: March 26, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »
I'm looking forward to his cameo in the SNL cold open, staggering in with a noose around his neck and holding a subway

Boredfrom

« Reply #5836 on: March 26, 2019, 01:09:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett.107729/page-13#post-19244494

The count is like 5 million Vs. 2 at the moment

But now we wanna talk about acceptability...

Nobody saying he ain't liable or possibly guilty

Where's this energy for John Crawford's caller who got him killed?
For the white people using police as a bully force over nothing?

Y'all so damn selective that it just makes me laugh at it all

It is pretty telling that this story has more uproar and outrage than Antifa having to expose a school police officer being a white supremacist recruiter https://www.resetera.com/threads/vi...-recruiter-of-white-nationalist-group.106492/

or the cops who framed a man for murder and was allowed to retire without punishment

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sa...on-to-man-framed-by-police-for-murder.106487/

or the cop who was promoted to police chief after posting and defending an overtly racist meme
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...hief-after-sharing-racist-meme-online.107345/

It has more to do with the fucker being a d-list actor that faked a hate crime in the middle of Chicago because he wanted more money from working in his shitty soap opera and started crying about it national television. You two are vile assholes if you are pretending that you are not dismissing Smollett actions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:37:06 PM by Boredfrom »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5837 on: March 26, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
elegant weapon is the bizarro version of that old dude on facebook who only posts news stories about ISIS doing horrible shit, then getting mad more people reply to a news story about a new zealander shooting up a mosque

Boredfrom

« Reply #5838 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:31 PM »
Does my heart good watching CPD get fucked.

“While a dude gets away from faking a hate crime”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett.107729/page-13#post-19244978

Lol, also Kree finally shows up.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5839 on: March 26, 2019, 01:26:20 PM »
No conspiracy theories, but Netherscourge totally trying to rationalize how two nigerian brothers were able to fool both Jussie and the police is okay.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5840 on: March 26, 2019, 01:30:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett.107729/page-13#post-19244494

It is pretty telling that this story has more uproar and outrage than Antifa having to expose a school police officer being a white supremacist recruiter https://www.resetera.com/threads/vi...-recruiter-of-white-nationalist-group.106492/

or the cops who framed a man for murder and was allowed to retire without punishment

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sa...on-to-man-framed-by-police-for-murder.106487/

or the cop who was promoted to police chief after posting and defending an overtly racist meme
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...hief-after-sharing-racist-meme-online.107345/

It has more to do with the fucker being a d-list actor that faked a hate crime in the middle of Chicago because we wanted more money from working in his shitty soap opera and started crying about it national television. You two are vile assholes if you are pretending that you are not dismissing Smollett actions.

All these Alt-Right low-post count Russian bots and their whataboutism posts, can slayern sort this?
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #5841 on: March 26, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »
Trump not charged with a crime: "He's still a guilty as fuck dictatoooooor!!!! We will continue to seek the truth"

24 hours later

Smullet charges dropped: "Fuck the racist Chicago PD and media for putting Jussie through this!"

:reeeee

Guilty man being found innocent = bad

Innocent man being found innocent = good

It's not hard fam

You really think trump is innocent :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5842 on: March 26, 2019, 01:33:34 PM »
The craziest outcome would be if Jussie is actually innocent;  the brothers had some other crazy plan not involving him... lol

if I DID IT
CONFESSIONS OF THE ATTACKER

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5843 on: March 26, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
a jewish man and an israeli puppet both walk away unscathed after investigation  ::)

Boredfrom

« Reply #5844 on: March 26, 2019, 01:35:32 PM »

It has more to do with the fucker being a d-list actor that faked a hate crime in the middle of Chicago because we wanted more money from working in his shitty soap opera and started crying about it national television. You two are vile assholes if you are pretending that you are not dismissing Smollett actions.

All these Alt-Right low-post count Russian bots and their whataboutism posts, can slayern sort this?

I didn’t notice that “we” ... auto correct is such a bitch.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5845 on: March 26, 2019, 01:43:12 PM »
While filler is being distinguished mentally-challenged, the Chicago police is claiming that dropping charges “doesn’t exonerate him”.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5846 on: March 26, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
 ???

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5847 on: March 26, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »
I have been fully exonerated of any and all anti-simitism charges  :-[

#justiceforfiller

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5848 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:53 PM »
 :fbm

#unbanfiller
#justiceforfiller

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5849 on: March 26, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1110590957664288768

Magats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

More from the asst state's attorney: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5850 on: March 26, 2019, 02:05:11 PM »
from the smolley thread:

:lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #5851 on: March 26, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
That thread is so mind boggling.  Why is the Smollett thing a "win" for them.  The charges were dropped - it's not like the courts discerned that he was innocent.  They just didn't want to put the guy through the ringer.  Yeah, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but it's still as fishy and unbelievable as it was when they were told all the shit about the brothers testimonials, check, the security cam of buying the ski mask, the inane storytelling etc.  These people are so stupid. 

edit: Nevermind, only read several pages of the thread..but there seems to be a diversity of opinions on Ree about the outcome.

Quote from: DigitalOP
Seeing a black gay man get off the same way white men do all the time in the legal system is breaking y'all.

Breaking you down

Quote from: Sweeney Swift
And they're not being slick about it at all

Boredfrom

« Reply #5852 on: March 26, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »
The usual suspects are just trying to dismiss the fact that Jussie got away with this or that people shouldn’t fell sorry for the Chicago police (and missing the point of why what Jussie did was vile).

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5853 on: March 26, 2019, 02:19:12 PM »
look on the bright side, his next stunt is going to have to be even wilder to top this one. he's like a gay, subway loving david blaine!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5854 on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
look on the bright side, his next stunt is going to have to be even wilder to top this one. he's like a gay, subway loving david blaine!

so he's david blaine.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5855 on: March 26, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »
Ah yes, notable publications breitbart and cnn would never peddle conspiracy theories.

:confused

and if I was The Kree I would be playing stupid post count purity tests with this posters account, who seems pretty convinced theres a conspiracy

Propagandhim

« Reply #5856 on: March 26, 2019, 02:22:59 PM »
Rahm is pissed.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1110603489326125056

Quote from: The Kree
Cry more, Rahm.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5857 on: March 26, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
How many words of posts you respond to do you even read?
to be fair to him, i don't read anything of what he posts either

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5858 on: March 26, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »

so he's david blaine.

How many words of posts you respond to do you even read?

I'm calling blaine a gay and subway loving.

e: oh it's this guy.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5859 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:22 PM »
speaking of people who pulled some bullshit and show no remorse for it
Quote from: Royalan, An Hero Moderator on Smolletts side since day 1
You mean Chicago PD behaved in a shady and unprofessional manner, and involving a POC?

Not the Chicago PD...

:confused

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5860 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:39 PM »
That thread is so mind boggling.  Why is the Smollett thing a "win" for them.  The charges were dropped - it's not like the courts discerned that he was innocent.  They just didn't want to put the guy through the ringer.  Yeah, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but it's still as fishy and unbelievable as it was when they were told all the shit about the brothers testimonials, check, the security cam of buying the ski mask, the inane storytelling etc.  These people are so stupid. 

edit: Nevermind, only read several pages of the thread..but there seems to be a diversity of opinions on Ree about the outcome.

Quote from: DigitalOP
Seeing a black gay man get off the same way white men do all the time in the legal system is breaking y'all.

Breaking you down

Quote from: Sweeney Swift
And they're not being slick about it at all

"Michael Jackson never got charged with molestation. Suck it WHITE PEOPLE."

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5861 on: March 26, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
What sucks about this case, in all it’s current and past forms, you can twist it to just about any narrative you want it to fit in. Everyone can have their field day with this

The mods on there are the worst.

"past and current forms"

:umad

Superstar

« Reply #5862 on: March 26, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »
Now everything who doesnt believe jussie is peddling a conspiracy

Boredfrom

« Reply #5863 on: March 26, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »
Kurdel answering for Kree

I know I am enjoying myself seeing the right wingers se the justice system let a black man through the cracks for once.

You love social injustice then?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett.107729/page-17#post-19248401

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #5864 on: March 26, 2019, 02:56:15 PM »
Allowing rich dudes to fake hate crimes to own the Repubs.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5865 on: March 26, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
Quote from: DontHatetheBacon
So at this point, the two people who committed the hate crime are still just out on the streets?

:comeon

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5866 on: March 26, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
I can't imagine how much it hurts Jussie to see people, even after his complete exoneration, on ResetERA.com treat him as if he's merely his skin color and nothing else. Stay strong, hero. Continue to be a motivation to everyone in these trying times.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5867 on: March 26, 2019, 03:03:05 PM »
What I don't get is:  The "Jussie faking the hate crime is going to set us back 50 years." crowd somehow doesn't see this outcome as even worse for "setting us back"?  The gloating is bizarre. 

Propagandhim

« Reply #5868 on: March 26, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
Quote from: LiquidSword
Well I hope we get some truth about what happened because the conservative conspiracy machine is in overdrive right now.

Quote from: Carolina Reaper
I don't particularly care about what conservatives think about anything. They're the same idiots who think Newtown and Parkland were faked.

:lol :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #5869 on: March 26, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »
What I don't get is:  The "Jussie faking the hate crime is going to set us back 50 years." crowd somehow doesn't see this outcome as even worse for "setting us back"?  The gloating is bizarre.

Lol Is because they don’t actually care about equality... is more about a misguided attempt of revanchism.

Is just “fair” that a rich gay black dude gets away with faking a hate crime to get more popular like a white dude would.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #5870 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
I told you guys nothing would happen because of Kamala Harris.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5871 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
You are such a Dumbass Kurdel:

I am not under the illusion the justice system works as we like to imagine it does, seeing the Blue Lives matter people shook and realise this gives me life.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett.107729/page-18#post-19249160

So you are okay with celebrities trivializing social problems just to get richer?

benjipwns

« Reply #5872 on: March 26, 2019, 03:16:03 PM »
ResetERA.com should lead the fight to get Jussie, an innocent victim of institutionalized Democratic racism, his job on Empire back along with a new contract.

Leadbelly

« Reply #5873 on: March 26, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »
Rahm is pissed.

Cry more, Rahm.

Jussie: I am the gay Nelson Mandela.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5874 on: March 26, 2019, 03:17:16 PM »
ResetERA.com should lead the fight to get Jussie, an innocent victim of institutionalized Democratic racism, his job on Empire back along with a new contract.

Pretty sure he was never officially fired.  I bet he'll be back.

benjipwns

« Reply #5875 on: March 26, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5876 on: March 26, 2019, 03:18:14 PM »
Rahm is pissed.

Cry more, Rahm.

Jussie: I am the gay Nelson Mandela.

So, Nelson Mandela.

riioutiszeness disclaimer:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hi
[close]

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #5877 on: March 26, 2019, 03:18:38 PM »
People making this into a black people vs police thing when that’s not it.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #5878 on: March 26, 2019, 03:19:24 PM »
Or is it Jewish privilege at work?

Boredfrom

« Reply #5879 on: March 26, 2019, 03:19:37 PM »
People making this into a black people vs police thing when that’s not it.

Just like Jussie and Trump wanted.