Author Topic: Ye Olde Boresquad: Castlevania HD  (Read 5557 times)

Beezy

Re: Ye Olde Boresquad: Castlevania HD
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
I beat the first two stages by myself with Soma. :D

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
Chapter 7 DLC is finally up. Costs 400 points, which is one third of what the full game cost.
Hi

Beezy

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
...one chapter? That's it? For 400 points? FUCKING PASS

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
Doesn't it also have 2 or 3 new characters?

Trent Dole

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »
Doesn't it also have 2 or 3 new characters?
Nope! Just one new level. For five bucks. It is a pretty big level and all, but still, one level for 1/3 of the game's price.
Hi

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09:25 AM »
Fuck it then. Woulda got it with some new characters. No new equipment either?

Trent Dole

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:52 AM »
Fuck it then. Woulda got it with some new characters. No new equipment either?
There's new spells/souls to absorb, haven't seen any new gear yet but I've only played it like twice. The new boss is ridiculous.
Hi

Beezy

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:07 AM »
Konami is on some Namco shit.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »
So there is still a challenge if you can smoke hard mode Drac?

Does everyone need to have the DLC to play, or just the host? Any cheevs?

Trent Dole

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:11 AM »
So there is still a challenge if you can smoke hard mode Drac?

Does everyone need to have the DLC to play, or just the host? Any cheevs?
1. Oh god yes. There's a few new enemies to deal with and new boss patterns to learn. Also, BOULDERS.
2.Yeah everyone needs the DLC to be able to play and there's no way of setting a game to require people to have it to join. So there's even more team disbandings happening without a stage being played.
3.No new cheevs.  :maf
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »
I bent over for 400pts for the new level. I mean I fucking love this game and all, but I just cannot justify that price. I'd expect the characters to be bundled in with that too, but noooooo. Expect seperate downloads for them.

What Konami need to do is make a full retail sequel to this.

30 stages, 10 characters, 1000G, $60.

I'd be all over it like shit stains on Himuro's thong

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
You mean Himuro's shit on some other guy's dong

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »
Okay I got drunk on friday and blew my free 800MSP on "Word Up" on Dance Central and various new DLCs for this.

The new characters are 240MSP each which is quite expensive. I bought Yoko and the 2 music packs at 160MSP each. Will get Julius once I have more points lying around.

Yoko is OK, she has a very limited moveset, but she has a couple of killer spells, which level up pretty quick compared to Shanoa's skills. HOLY LIGHTNING is so boner. So yeah shes fun and worth getting if you like this game.

The music packs are awesome if youre a CV music nerd (partially guilty here). They have a fuck awesome arrange version of Simon's Theme from Super CV IV and well as great guitar versions of a lot of memorable tracks from the various DS games.

So the game was 1200MSP. If you get all the available DLC thats another 1200 on top of that, lol. Still this game is fucking awesome and I'm gonna get all the DLC, so Konami keeps making it. A full retail sequel to this game with triple the content would be hard-on central.

I still need the 10000 kills cheev so working towards that currently. No new cheevs from DLC unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:03:40 PM by The Sceneman »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Konami is so good at pricing DLC

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Konami is not good at pricing DLC
[close]

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
for the next pack they need to include Maria, Richter and two new stages bundled for 800pts. That would be OK.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
I'd buy that, or two characters and a stage for $5. Not a chance I'm getting any of the shit they've done thus far, especially since all my friends need to buy the stage too for me to even have fun.

Trent Dole

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »
I have the new stage and both characters, but paying for more music is kind of bullshit imo though I can't deny the remix of Simon's Theme from CV IV is fucking godly. Apparently if you haven't bought the new chars and are playing with someone who is using them they look like Axe Armor to you. :lol
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2010, 10:28:46 PM »
I'd buy that, or two characters and a stage for $5. Not a chance I'm getting any of the shit they've done thus far, especially since all my friends need to buy the stage too for me to even have fun.

the community for this game is still kicking pretty hard. I ran stages 1-7 on hard last night with a full 6 man party, no one quit or anything. So you can get the stage and have randoms to play it with

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
I don't like to play with randoms

Trent Dole

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
Richter and Maria are up now, and me without enough points for either of them! :yuck
Hi

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2010, 07:30:59 AM »
Julius seems like a better, faster version of Jonathan, which if you grind the hell out of could be a cool main - but I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend all those hours doing that again.

I have yet to try Maria, Yoko or Richter.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:37:04 AM by InfectedGib »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
believe it or not I'm still playing this thing after getting 200/200.

Leveling up your dudes and farming rare loot is so friggn addiciting.

The online community is still super active, you'll see like 7 lobbies to join everytime you look for a game. This game has a shit ton of legs.

Chapter 8 is out now, 320pts. I'll get it soon. Apparently it's SotN themed which is cool.

Which brings the total to 9 characters, 8 levels. With 3 more levels and two more characters on the way. 8-bit Simon is coming and there will be 2 8-bit themed stages, which will be pretty interesting! I'll be buying it all, need to support this kind of game development.

Richter is a pimp, he's my main dude at the moment. And I finally got my Winged Boots! Only had to kill Drac 200 times!

My total play time is around 40 hours, some freak at Gamefaqs has 627 hours racked up I shit you not. There is a VERY hardcore fanbase for this game
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:18:58 PM by The Sceneman »

Trent Dole

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »
I had 100+ hours before Chapter 7 went up. :-[
Hi

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »
around 65 hrs. I'd wager more than half of that time was spent maxing out Jonathan. And he's still not worth the trouble  :maf

also, if you add up all the dlc out currently for the game, you'd have to spend about 2000 points to purchase them all!

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »
I'd have kept going if DLC was cheaper or if friends could piggyback on it for free.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
the new level is friggn sweet! Ran it about 20 times last night and got some of the phat new loot. It's much better than the pyramid stage, as in it's actually fun to run by yourself. The pyramid was a friggn chore, I still dont understand how that level works with all the switches and whatnot.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:51 AM »
I am so hooked on grindan this game. You can fire it up and boostan for hours and NOT GET BORED. It's wild. I'm getting obsessed with getting some characters to max level now.

Whats really crazy is, I'm still playing a game after getting all the achievements! I guess theres so much more to this game than the achievements. Theres tons of leveling to do, rare drops and builds to experiment with.

Downloadable game of 2010 for sure, and in my top 5 games of the year

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 06:14:30 AM »
chapter 9 is out and it is hot hot hot. It's modeled on the opening areas of SotN and Beelzebub is the boss

Trent Dole

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
Oh shit, picking up some points today then. :hyper
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
yo Trent, lets play. I'll send u a msg if I see you on.

Who are you maining at the moment? I'm developing my Richie. I can solo Ashtarte on hard but can't take down Drac or Legion with him yet  :( My Shanoa is a monster though and her damage is through the roof if I use my INT build

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »
also have you read up on "Survival Grinding"? Real fast way to boostan your subs and spells. I'd like to give it a whirl if you're keen?

FAQ here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/997663-castlevania-harmony-of-despair/faqs/61469

Basically you equip an Astral Ring and Master Ring and make it so your INT is as low as possible. Then you rinse your spell/subweapon on Gergoth until you've used all your HP then jump into him, you'll then respawn with all you HP back, then repeat.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:26:08 PM by The Sceneman »

Trent Dole

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 10:36:07 PM »
I got bored of Soma so I've been maining Maria for a good while. Survival boosted all of her shit up to 8 with somebody a few days ago. Hymn was already at that level from regular play. :lol

Oh yeah, my waifu got netflix and has that tied into my account on Live since it's gold so if filmage is being viewed under my tag it ain't nessecarily actually me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:38:50 PM by Trent Dole »
Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »
FUCK YEAH DOUBLE POST :rock
Simon's stage and character go up next week with the other retro stage and Fuma duder going up the following. I got my new booties doing runs last night, no new Shanoa spell yet though. I wonder what if anything else they are going to put out for this game.
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
sweet those runs we got in yesterday were good, then Xbox Live went on the fritz for me.

Had an AWFUL night on CV. Was dying left right and centre, ended up with heaps of other cabbage groups, and failed like 8/10 of runs. Guess thats what happens when you play when you're tired. Couldn't get into the zone.

Beelzebub has like a million HP in a 6 player hard group. I was dual crushing with Yoko for like 1k damge per time, but some distinguished mentally-challenged Somanway just floated there blending dealing 3 damge per hit, I kept pressing HERE HERE HERE HERE so that he would jump down and dual crush with me but NOOOOOOOO. Argh fuck this game sometimes.

I think I have to train up on 'Beezy' solo hard to learn the pattern of his flies.

edit: man they're going overboard with this weekly DLC. I'll have enough for the new stages but that's all I'll get for now. I'm still working on several characters so I don't need any more. I still don't have Julius or Maria :( TBH I'm sick of seeing Axe Armors rocking around  :lol

I've got like 1500 pts on my account but I'm saving 1200 for Bionic Commando on the 2nd of Feb.

ps. congrats on the Sonic Boots, I'm horny as for a pair. I also need a Philosophers Stone. Help me farm those pls  :(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:50:26 PM by The Sceneman »

Trent Dole

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
I switched over to Shanoa just so I could quick run the stage and stand a chance of dodgin all the goddamn' flies. I think part of dealing with them is just murdering them as they circle bubby, but then again they kind of kept vanishing lots on my screen which I had absolutely no problem with. :lol Globus seems like the spell to be using with her on the boss. I also need the stone but I dunno how well I can survive that fight with other characters just yet.
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
haha, I've just about maxed out Yoko's Holy Lightning just from soloing bubby  :lol you get like 300 hits in while fighting him.

Grindan for Sonic Boots currently.

Oh and I got Simon's Plate after like 4 Drac runs with Richter. I swear eating the truffle (gives +10 LCK) before fighting Drac gives you a better chance at getting rare shit. Theres been a lot of debate wether or not Luck affects boss drops but I'm pretty sure it does. I might have to grindan for Thief Rings too.

Trent Dole

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »
Origins is up and it is the coolest fucking thing ever. It's a condensed run through of the original CV with all  of the bosses intact. If you only snag one DLC stage make it this one. I tried playing with Simon and barely got Drac to his second form before eating it. My nearly maxed Maria had a much easier time.
Hi

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
How quickly can yall boost me on this game. I'm gonna be on 360 a lot soon so if yall can help me crank that 200 would be sweeeeet.
fat

Trent Dole

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
Most of the cheevs in this game are pretty much a joke and are pretty easy to get on their own aside from Poetic Justice and Boned but sure. The others can just be obtained by playing lots basically.
Hi

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
Right but, the honeymoon has past on this game for me. I can grind out stuff but if I can hop on and yall can blaze through on Hard mode or something for me would be kewl.
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
Im sure me and Trent can boostan you with our uber characters

What character are you using demi?

To grind out 10000 kills you'll need to play quite a lot, so you may as well have fun and try and max out your dude with the best loot and skills and stuff, or even work on a couple of characters.

1 million gold is pretty easy, all the shit that drops on chap 6 hard you can sell for a lot.

And yeah Chapter 10 DLC is AWESOME. I've never played Cv1 so it's a real eye opener for me. Yo Trent, check the audio options apparently the ENTIRE CV1 soundtrack came with chapter 10! woot!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
ugh, catassed this for 7 hours yesterday and already have put in a couple of hours today. I should probably play something else but I cant be fucked playing anything else! Need that fucking Simon's Cloak!

Trent Dole

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »
Chapter 11 is mere hours away, and I've barely gotten anything cool from 10 yet!  :lol
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:20 AM »
yep, I'm still grinding 7 & 8 myself!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »
Chapter 11 is out, need to suck some dick for M$ points  :'(

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2011, 05:43:48 AM »
They could justifiably release this as a budget retail game now.  :lol

I would buy it. It'd be alot cheaper than buying all this dlc individually.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Apparently rare ass shit like Thief/Chaos Rings drop like candy on Chap 11 normal. Simons Plate even drops from a miniboss. Yep I'm getting this chap tomorrow. I should have just not bought BC Rearmed 2. This is the only game I'm going to be playing for the next few months

Trent Dole

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »

Yeah, the total cost for this game including stage + character dlc adds up to $50 now, and that's not including the two stupid music packs.
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
[youtube=560,345]1x_2pdAr_qo[/youtube]

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
Origins is up and it is the coolest fucking thing ever. It's a condensed run through of the original CV with all  of the bosses intact. If you only snag one DLC stage make it this one. I tried playing with Simon and barely got Drac to his second form before eating it. My nearly maxed Maria had a much easier time.

How much is the level?

I'd love to have all the DLC if they'd bundle it together or price individual items more reasonably. it is ridiculous.

Trent Dole

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
240 spacebucks
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2011, 12:36:59 AM »
Its only like 3000 points if you want all the extra stages and characters, a bargain

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2011, 06:17:44 AM »

Yeah, the total cost for this game including stage + character dlc adds up to $50 now, and that's not including the two stupid music packs.

I suppose nickel n dimin us this way is a lot more profitable for them, whereas if they put it out in retail it  would invariably bomb.

I wouldn't be averse to the idea of a dlc pack but people who've already brought them seperately would feel cheated. I guess we can wait for a sale, tho.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
the main game has been on sale a couple of times already, so I would say a sale on the dlc is quite probable.

god I've playing nothing but this game for the past couple of weeks. All I want is a maxed out Richie Rich  :'( got half of his subs at 9 now. Just need another Miser Ring and some Fuma gear and he is set for 400+ damage whip-kick combos

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »
okay game is on sale for 600 points this week and all the stages are half price. SotN is only 400 points too.

Anyone that doesnt have all that HAS NO EXCUSE NOT TO BUY IT.

Hopefully this sale will lead to an influx of new players. I'm thinking about jumping back in. My dual-miser spiked boots Richie Rich needs all his subweapons maxed for MORE POWER

all that said though it's BS the characters arent on sale. I still need Maria, Simon and Fuma. I'll probably get some points for Missle Fury and/or Moon Diver so will get the last of the content then.

Himu

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
getting. also, i played moon diver demo on ps3 a few weeks back and....it's meh
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
you also need to shell out two bucks for the music pack with Divine Bloodlines in it:

[youtube=560,345]57IMuOm-MBE[/youtube]

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 01:04:27 AM »
How much would it cost to get all the maps? Are there any duds?

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:21 AM »
Extra Stage: Lord of Flies - May 3 – 9 - Was: 320 MSP Now: 160 MSP
Extra Stage: The Legend of Fuma - May 3 – 9 - Was: 240 MSP Now: 120 MSP
Extra Stage: The One Who Is Many - May 3 – 9 - Was: 320 MSP Now: 160 MSP
Extra Stage: Origins - May 3 – 9 - Was: 240 MSP Now: 120 MSP
Extra Stage: Beauty, Desire, Situation Dire - May 3 – 9 - Was: 400 MSP Now: 200 MSP

760 points total?

and they are all worth getting for all the extra loot available. No dud levels here. Origins will rip you a new butthole, level is HARD. I have trouble solo-ing it on Normal!

Man I love this game. It is better than sex
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:12:11 AM by The Sceneman »