Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1792112 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Shits bout' to get serious up in here
:9

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I've tried numerous amounts of dubstep – Burial, Skream, etc. – and I can't for the life of me get into it.
püp

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
omg I agree with Saint Cornelius  :'(

So I guess M.I.A is doing a Nelly Furtado on us. Left on center, gets pregnant, has a kid goes mainstream on us.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:02:28 PM by Fresh Prince »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Burial is the only dubstep I've heard that I liked

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:hump

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I've tried numerous amounts of dubstep – Burial, Skream, etc. – and I can't for the life of me get into it.

That's exactly how I felt when I listened to last Animal Collective album. :yuck

kelsoburn.jpeg

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

That's exactly how I felt when I listened to the last Animal Collective album. :yuck

It's coo'.  I've had my grand experience with Merriweather Post Pavilion, and it's my own and I'm glad I had the experience.  Not for everybody. *shrugs*
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
You know it's a trend when Beyonce jumps on board. I respect Gaga as an artist, she's quite talented. But I sure hate how her success has led to an onslaught of pop techno

what?

four to the floor dance pop has been around since the 70s

I'm talking about how now whenever you turn on the radio you hear techno pop, and artists who aren't known for techo are doing it now to capitalize on Gaga's success

what about kanye and the Black Eyed Peas doing that like 5 years ago?

Eh, yea I'll give you that, but I certainly don't remember a huge wave of techno pop music spawning from Graduation or BEP stuff - which is what is happening now via Gaga's influence.

I think it's one of those things that's been kind of incubating

so long as the artists don't go dubstep, i'll be happy

that's the last shit i need to hear blaring from fucking cars

That's a good explanation actually, makes sense.

Isn't Burial dubstep? I like that album  :-[

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

:suicide

dubstep is like a shit king midas

turns everything to fuck awfulness.

the crystal meth of music
Tonya

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Is it wobble bass that you're hating on there Mr. P? Not all dubstep has that you know, no need to throw it all under the bus. :'(

Eric P

• Icon
no

it's the speed, predominately

the glacial fucking speed

the build ups that go nowhere like an entire fucking genre of music designed to be like Ted Leo songs

Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
aw, ted leo burn
püp

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
To each his own I guess. I do agree that there is a lot of shit and a fair amount of shit that gets pulled out of the dirt just so the genre can pretend to have thicker ranks, but there is some good stuff in there too.

Like this.
:heart

Eric P

• Icon
that's just house music

progressive house music no less
Tonya

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Meh, labels in electronic music are all kinds of fucked up. Burial's various releases have always been labeled as dubstep in my neck of the woods, but if you want to say that wobble bass nonsense like Nero is what dubstep lives and dies by I'm not going to argue it's worth.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
this post in that gaga thread really makes me want to never read a gaf music post ever again

why does music have to always be about artistry, god damn.

hmm...perhaps because it's an art

I'm done, I'll stop bitching
püp

Fresh Prince

Guy's an attention whore, probably fake or overblown but all the moralising  ::) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395082

CrystalGemini

Been browsing through my old music files and found this gem:
[youtube=560,345]i75thXuYFE4[/youtube]
Loved the anime and song.   :heart
O_O

T-Short

• hooker strangler
[youtube=560,345]nCgQDjiotG0[/youtube]
地平線

Mupepe

• Icon
I love how the majority of those people are so obviously inexperience in relationships.

"OH MY GOD YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TOLD YOUR WIFE YOU'RE SUCH AN ASS"

Yes.  Because things in relationships never go South and other bonds never form.  Seriously.  What he did was not THAT bad.  It was wrong, yes.  But he's not the fucking antichrist.  Holy God.  It's reality people.  That shit happens all the time when relationships go bad.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Lack of life experience will never quell a teenager's opinion! Shit's black and white! US AND THEM!  :dur

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I keep forgetting. The hive-mind can't be older than 16 at least.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Burial is the only dubstep I've heard that I liked

I've heard some decent dubstep (Burial of course being the best), but lately a lot of it seems to be annoying, low-production-value wobble bullshit.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
What would you call The Field?

Would generally be considered minimal techno. Though, more accurately (using a term that never quite caught on), "neo-trance".
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Now see, The Field is an act I like listening to.
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
EricP hit the nail on the head in regards to the "going nowhere" progression of some Dubstep. Burial actually has a strong mood and progression in most of the tracks (some of them off of Untrue tend to be a little lingering though).

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
Good dubstep:

- Martyn
- Eskmo
- Boxcutter
- Starkey
- Mount Kimbie
- F
- Brackles
- Untold
- James Blake

et cetera

also, I personally don't think Burial is "dubstep", his sound is more of a UK Garage / 2-step type sound. And his album (with the exception of "Shell of Light") all sounds the fucking same.
dap

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
What was weird is that in 2007, the highest ranked albums on metacritic were The Field's "From Here We Go Sublime" and Gui Boratto's "Chromophobia"... Kompakt moneyhats maybe?  :P

A lot of minimal techno (commonly called "mnml" in slang) lacks the soundscapes of The Field, and is more 'dooka dooka dook' in style, but if you guys like The Field, I'd definitely recommend checking stuff out by Gui Boratto, Michael Mayer, and other Kompakt album releases.

Here's another good song (hopefully the link is still working) reminiscent of The Field, though Solomun nowadays does mostly deep and tech house. http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/40059659/file.html

Saint C: Martyn is playing at Electric Zoo this year, been hearing good things about him, that his sound is much more similar (I love vast, soundscapey type music) to what I dig about the genre.
^_^

twerd

• Twilight Nerd LOL
deadmau5 :bow2
zomby :bow2
wut

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
Saint C: Martyn is playing at Electric Zoo this year, been hearing good things about him, that his sound is much more similar (I love vast, soundscapey type music) to what I dig about the genre.

Dude his live sets are the shit, you should definitely check his shit out!
dap

Eric P

• Icon
What was weird is that in 2007, the highest ranked albums on metacritic were The Field's "From Here We Go Sublime" and Gui Boratto's "Chromophobia"... Kompakt moneyhats maybe?  :P

i hate most minimal, but love almost everthing on Kompakt.  This is my favorite record they've ever put out

preferred mix

Tonya

drew

• sy
i remember when i used to listen to mia

IN 2005

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[youtube=560,345]7NPdVpx5CgE[/youtube]
©ZH

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Oh my fucking GOD :rofl

Beezy

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I love how the majority of those people are so obviously inexperience in relationships.

"OH MY GOD YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TOLD YOUR WIFE YOU'RE SUCH AN ASS"

Yes.  Because things in relationships never go South and other bonds never form.  Seriously.  What he did was not THAT bad.  It was wrong, yes.  But he's not the fucking antichrist.  Holy God.  It's reality people.  That shit happens all the time when relationships go bad.

BUT LOVE IS SUPPOSE TO LAST FOREVER!!!!!! AND THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!
Drunk

Himu

LOVE IS A RAINBOW GODDAMMIT, IT IS ETERNAL!!!!!
IYKYK

Himu

[youtube=560,345]7NPdVpx5CgE[/youtube]

:lol :lol :lol
IYKYK

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

Yeah.  That one poster who was like "what you did is worse then physically cheating...You cheated emotionally".

Good luck with that, guy. 

jiji

I think it's pretty obvious that the blatant product placement in Telephone was a part of the theme. Lady GaGa was already huge way before Telephone, and none of her videos UNTIL Telephone had anywhere near as much product placement. IIRC the Bad Romance video didn't have ANY product placement in it, except a Wii controller, that you had to look for. I can't be the only one who sees how obvious that is :-\

Bad Romance is full of product placement: http://www.thehothits.com/news/17645/lady-gaga%27s-product-placement-continues-with-%27bad-romance%27-video

I liked the silly Telephone video, but the product placement just made me roll my eyes. And I think we're only going to see more of it in her videos. 200m YouTube views on Bad Romance and (at least) 30m so far on Telephone guarantee it.
OTL

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[youtube=560,345]FrAShtolieg[/youtube]

:maf :maf :maf

:yuck :yuck :yuck
©ZH

Raban

• The baby...
You know I just remembered something and I can't believe I never posted it on EB. I made a faux movie trailer the first semester of my senior year in high school and it's still up on YouTube. It's terrible, and the sound quality is ear-rapingly bad, but check it out!
SRY

Mupepe

• Icon

Yeah.  That one poster who was like "what you did is worse then physically cheating...You cheated emotionally".

Good luck with that, guy. 
Exactly.  He's such an asshole for telling his wife how he really feels instead of bottling it up for the next 20 years.  ::) 

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
on the other hand, mothers day?  :lol

Mupepe

• Icon
true :lol

Could have picked a better time.  I heard breakups are pretty common on anniversaries and holidays apparently though.  I saw some study a few months back after V-Day saying how pressures to be "happy" cause people who are unhappy in relationships to just snap and end it.

He did say she's a bitch though.  so maybe he was like "happy fucking mother's day!  you cunt!"

That'd be pretty sweet if she really is a biotch. 

Fresh Prince

I like the 'Won't somebody think of the children!' sentiment. The kid is like 1 he's just going to presume dad is another business trip or whatever. Plus it's probably better that if they split they split sooner rahter than later.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
"If you're too lazy to strangle your own bird maybe a week on the privy will straighten ya' out" (in regards to salmonella in produced chicken)

Awesome character :lol

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Stolen from Gaf

Greatest shit ever

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Stolen from Gaf

Greatest shit ever

It's good that Duke shipped something entertaining this year.

Was that a chick losing it, or a pubescent lad?

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Stolen from Gaf

Greatest shit ever

Some dude's mom.

Yeah

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
awesome

Skidmark

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Stolen from Gaf

Greatest shit ever

Some dude's mom.

Yeah

When you're playing LOTRO with your mom, this is probably the best entertainment you could hope for.
©@©™

OptimoPeach

Stolen from Gaf

Greatest shit ever

Some dude's mom.

Yeah
Why the hell is that kid on vent with his mom? And why is his mom raging like a hormonal WoWfag?

edit: Is she crying in the end? :lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:10:02 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

[youtube=560,345]eeIgpZdM4As[/youtube]
holy fuck :rofl

she can't be real