Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 357299 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #1080 on: June 22, 2016, 05:29:50 PM »
Power Creep has made former cards worthless in Legacy for anyone that wants to play older sets because you pretty much have newer cards that'll stomp them dry and/or make them utterly worthless because they can't keep base rules for cards and have to "creep" everything up to make the game interesting.

:what  :confused
◕‿◕

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1081 on: June 22, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »
Weren't you trying to own me on the previous page because fuckstupid Eldrazi from a current block were shitting up Type 1.5? (When that format sucks I just go play Pauper, fyi.) Do you get paid to eat MaRo's ass, or is it just a top 8 sex event for you?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1082 on: June 22, 2016, 06:15:43 PM »
Weren't you trying to own me on the previous page because fuckstupid Eldrazi from a current block were shitting up Type 1.5? (When that format sucks I just go play Pauper, fyi.) Do you get paid to eat MaRo's ass, or is it just a top 8 sex event for you?

Edlrazi decks winning vintage tournaments now tho

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/vintage-101-the-eldrazi-invade-vintage

:leon
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1083 on: June 22, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »
Type 1 players have always complained that Wizzos never supported their format... :hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dredge, another well designed mechanic. :clap
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1084 on: June 22, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
yar

Kara

« Reply #1085 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:54 PM »
It's an interesting format sometimes, but always on life support unfortunately, and its small community has never really endeared itself to anyone since time immemorial.

naff

« Reply #1086 on: June 22, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »

:lol  :shaq that would be a top 8 sex event for sure.

I honestly don't understand that power creep argument though. There are lots of things to bitch about in regards to how Magic is handled, my biggest gripe atm is the way MM and EMA were distributed, amazing draft formats but the supply is so low most people will be lucky to get to draft it twice. And so many asshats buying boxes just to rip even though EV is all over the place and they ain't going to make a decent return.

Eldrazi in Modern has been banned out of being format defining just like cawblade, birthing pod, shops, twin etc etc, trying to own you was a joke m8 because you were acting high and mighty about being able to ignore standard jank playing only the finest "curated eternal formats".

:expert

GR Eldrazi is still a thing in modern, but it's not format defining, just another deck now, if you want to complain about new cards dominating through power creep arguably Abzan Company is now top dog, maybe Collected Company is OP, though it's just a modification of the old Birthing Pod decks and Coco is the less broke Birthing Pod. A more interesting issue imo is the infinite combo is so clunky you can't play it on Magic Online because you'd run the clock down before you could run it out, so the meta between modo and paper magic in Modern/Type 1.5 is quite different. Modo is a shitheap etc. There's a lot of things that frustrate me about the way magic is handled but I don't think power creep is the problem. They don't test how new cards will impact Modern or the other "curated" eternal formats, the enablers are the real issue imo for some of this broke shit, goddamn fast mana: sol lands, mox opal, mox chrome, SSG, ancient temple, city of traitors. Of course you're going to get periods of broken dominant decks, and it doesn't matter at which point in Magics history you look there have always been short periods of certain decks breaking various formats, pushing Spikes to all run the same shit.

In legacy and Vintage, Eldrazi has taken the place of MUD, same problem different critters, is it the drazi or is it the broke mana? I think the meta would be pretty different there too if more people played it and the reserved list wasn't shitting up prices, the vast majority of decks are still based around old, powerful cards in short supply, and there's little reason to play it because there are rarely any events.
◕‿◕

Syph

« Reply #1087 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:39 AM »
Is there a Bore presence of MTGO? Or any interest?
I have a new laptop coming in the mail and will therefore have access to Windows so I'll be boarding that train if anyone else is on there already
XO

naff

« Reply #1088 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:39 AM »
I'm "Ghalma" on modo. I have a dnt list and some other modern jank I been meaning to cash in for something more competitive. Haven't really been playing with my digital objects for the past few months tho, trying to save money and that game is like an addictive pay to win mmo on roids.
◕‿◕

Shuri

The Magic: The Gatherine thread of shame
« Reply #1089 on: July 27, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »
My group of friends were looking for a board game to play whenever we have gatherings, and one of them mentioned this "magic card game" one guy at his workplace was talking about.  After managing to avoid this stuff due to the stigma during my entire life, I'm about to pop my magic cherry in about a hour from now with a friend. We each picked up a starter pack and I watched a bunch of videos explaining how to play.

I'm kind of lost, this shit is complicated as fuck.

I wish I had suggested we pick up a box of Monopoly or maybe Clue instead. I downloaded the game on steam, and it kinda gave me a good idea of the flow of the game but damn!

Has anyone ever played this game?

edit: Well well! There is an official thread!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:45:36 PM by Shuri »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: The Magic: The Gatherine thread of shame
« Reply #1090 on: July 27, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
well duh

like 15 20 years ago

naff

Re: The Magic: The Gatherine thread of shame
« Reply #1091 on: July 28, 2016, 12:47:27 AM »
My group of friends were looking for a board game to play whenever we have gatherings, and one of them mentioned this "magic card game" one guy at his workplace was talking about.  After managing to avoid this stuff due to the stigma during my entire life, I'm about to pop my magic cherry in about a hour from now with a friend. We each picked up a starter pack and I watched a bunch of videos explaining how to play.

Casual Legacy or if you are talking to Kara/Old grumpy people - Type 1.5 - is the best casual game, period. You can spend thousands on that format, or just $30. I got started when i was younger smoking Js playing friends casual decks, my fav was Scenemans UR(W?) Eater of Days deck that let you cheat out the eater using Stifle. Starter decks can be fun too, but if you're not playing competitively you can make some v powerful cheap Legacy decks that are a lot more fun than any standard/modern jank you gonna play in a precon.

As a beginner you prolly want to look into Pauper/Casual Legacy or Ultra Budget Legacy, also Adam Styborski's Pauper Cube is really damn good if you want a fun, repeatable cheap draft format. MTGSalvation, MTGGoldfish etc are your friends. Also, just proxying cards is cool too.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1092 on: July 28, 2016, 12:51:46 AM »
Getting your head around the different phases, how they transition, and how the stack works are the most important things initially imo.
◕‿◕

Syph

« Reply #1094 on: July 30, 2016, 03:34:15 AM »
dat sideboard tho lol
XO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1095 on: September 10, 2016, 10:51:48 PM »

the lulz begin @ ~5:30

It's okay if you can't follow everything that's going on, just keep watching.
©@©™

naff

« Reply #1096 on: September 23, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »

Smashed the first kaladesh pre-release at my shop with this, didn't have the foil Chandra in my deck tho, and bought the copter afterward. Angel of invention and panharmonicon were the all stars. Had a tidy conclusion in there too,  out of picture.
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1097 on: September 23, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
Power Creep has made former cards worthless in Legacy for anyone that wants to play older sets because you pretty much have newer cards that'll stomp them dry and/or make them utterly worthless because they can't keep base rules for cards and have to "creep" everything up to make the game interesting.

Outside of broken cards like Jace the Mindslayer and the like, try to play some older (read: Alpha-5th edition) cards against some more modern cards. You won't be able "stand with" those later sets due to creep. Especially if the cards you've chose (as unlikely as it may be) haven't been reprinted/errata'd to power-creep as well. Which is my point: Unless you're playing a bunch of the obviously "must-pick" cards from some sets, the power-creep screwed up Legacy for kitchen Magic.

But, to be fair: It's a problem that hits most any card-game the longer it runs. Older sets become "crap" because newer ones have to fix a problem that an earlier set made and it continues in perpetuity.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1098 on: September 23, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »

Outside of broken cards like Jace the Mindslayer and the like, try to play some older (read: Alpha-5th edition) cards against some more modern cards. You won't be able "stand with" those later sets due to creep. Especially if the cards you've chose (as unlikely as it may be) haven't been reprinted/errata'd to power-creep as well. Which is my point: Unless you're playing a bunch of the obviously "must-pick" cards from some sets, the power-creep screwed up Legacy for kitchen Magic.

But, to be fair: It's a problem that hits most any card-game the longer it runs. Older sets become "crap" because newer ones have to fix a problem that an earlier set made and it continues in perpetuity.

Your post made zero sense until I read "kitchen magic," at which point I have to say- people who play casual deserve to get beaten down by better cards and focused decks. If you want to play purely casual, make house rules banning whatever powerful crap is giving you a sad.

The essence of your argument, though, that there are more powerful cards in later sets is objectively false unless you're looking at one category of cards, which with your lament of casual kitchen table play I can guess with near 100% certainty is what you're talking about: creatures. Creatures are the only thing in more recent sets that are obviously and truly more powerful than older stuff. Everything else- lands, artifacts, spells, even enchantments, you're just blatantly and provably wrong about suggesting that recent cards outclass their predecessors.

In summation, stop being a casual bitch mode player that only cares about creatures.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1099 on: September 23, 2016, 02:13:39 PM »
but mah craw wurm tho
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1100 on: September 23, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
but mah craw wurm tho

BU BU BU BU BALDUVIAN HORDE USED TO BE A $25 CARD IT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAAAIR
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1101 on: September 23, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »
Turn 1 Hypnotic Specter was pretty legit, however.
©@©™

naff

« Reply #1102 on: September 23, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »

^ there were still some legit aggro creatures back in the day. i run these dudes in modern, and the ape still smashes face. <3 my arabian nights kird apes

Wizards are SO much better at making a balanced game these days, and say what you will about Standard, but if you enjoy deck building, while still being competitive at real events against tiered decks it's great. i don't brew a lot, that's why i play limited, but i'm getting more into it and i take spicy shit along to modern nights sometimes, but mostly i play to win and the competitive aspect of mtg is what keeps me really engaged with the game, i'd even be keen to take some time off in a year or so and do the SCG circuit for a while.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1103 on: September 23, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »
pulls from pre-release were insane, all the above + another 6 packs from winnings which got me ug and bw fastlands, another angel of invention, dovin baan, confiscation coup, a foil combustible gearhulk + a bunch of solid uncommons. feeling so loved by the rng gods
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1104 on: September 23, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »
Gonna go to a pre-release tonight, come on Aether Vial.  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
©@©™

naff

« Reply #1105 on: September 23, 2016, 07:20:01 PM »
Someone pulled a Painters servant, really nice and I'm not a fan of the og art for that, unfortunately they use the FTV foiling process  :yuck. Still, i would love those aether vials, been playing DnT in legacy lately with the new conspiracy additions, Sanctum prelate and Recruiter of the Guard are amazing.
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1106 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »
Apparently they also still haven't fixed the issue from the BFZ Expeditions that caused the right side to be scuffed up sometimes.  ::) Wizards is such a clown show sometimes.
©@©™

Shuri

« Reply #1107 on: September 28, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
this is worse than crack, me and my friends are headed to the store friday to each buy a full booster box. Halp plz

I'm really enjoying the pc game in steam, but It's a shame you can't use your own physical cards by scanning them or something, but doing that would make it trivial to scan fakes.  :doge

We've been playing together for a couple of weeks now and we're deeply enjoying the game, we're tempted to go to those tournaments hosted by the shop, they have a huge room dedicated to hosting 50+ people, we actually ventured there a couple of weekends ago to check it out, we were surprised by how most people playing were 25yo+ and mostly normal looking. We're kinda afraid to join in becausr we'll prolly get laughed out of the store because we're not hardcore or elite enough.

We just play very casually while having beers and talking about life happennings

Edit: a couple of weeks ago, i bought this "From the vault: anihilation" box which contains a bunch of super powerful cards but I don't wanna use them against my friends, they are game-ending type of cards.. i might want to us them against the shop prople!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:37:45 PM by Shuri »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1108 on: September 28, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »
Buying boosters

It's pretty much always better to just buy whatever cards you need and will play with. I know playing the lottery is a rush but it's a fucking sucker's bet. Don't be a sucker.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1109 on: September 28, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
There's no help for you.  :doge

I don't recommend buying boxes because you're never gonna get all the cards you need and it's usually cheaper to just buy them as individuals anyway, but I understand that the allure of cracking packs. They don't call it cardboard crack for nothing. I bought a ton of boxes when I started out, but I try to abstain these days.
[close]

Don't be scared to check out a Friday Night Magic, it's pretty casual. You may run into the occasional tryhard, but most people are welcoming of (or at least socially awkward towards) new people. If someone is an ass to you, I guarantee you that's the guy that everyone else in the shop hates too.

You may want to talk to stop by the shop first and talk to the guys that work there about building a deck, tho. If the tournament is Standard, you can only use the most recent cards (current Standard is Battle for Zendikar and newer) so the cards from your From the Vault wouldn't be legal. If the tournament is Modern, then you can run those cards, but you're gonna go up against people with tightly-tuned combo decks that aim to close out games in 4 to 5 turns.  :o Standard is best way to get into Magic if you're just starting because all the cards are still in print and fairly easy to find (although some of them are still expensive af). The guys at the shop can probably recommend a deck list for you and sell you some cards to get you started. Most competitive decklists are going to cost $100 - 400, although you can find cheaper lists that can still be strong enough for local events.

(If you just want to look at some decklists online, you can check MTGTop8.com, although realize most of those Standard decks will be obsolete after this week because Standard is changing with the new set.

Draft is another fun format that I think is pretty good for new people, since it doesn't require you to have any cards already. In Draft, you open packs and pass them around the table, taking one card out per pass, until all the packs are empty and then build a deck with the cards you took. Once you've gotten the hang of Standard and are familiar with the cards that are in the current set, you might want to check out a Draft or two, they're a lot of fun.
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1110 on: September 28, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
Buying boosters, you end up with a WHOLE mess of cards you don't have anywhere to use. Just get the ones you want, or you'll end up with boxes and boxes of the damned things that you can't even fit in your binders.  :-\

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1111 on: September 28, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »
Buying boosters is for children and compulsive gamblers, fuck em.

This game is not about having fun, it's about curbstomping your opponent and delighting in their pain for playing shitty cards.
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1112 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »
Do any of you engage in bluffing your opponents like it's Poker? Holding mid- to late-game Land cards in reserve so they think you've got a counterspell, etc.?

archnemesis

« Reply #1113 on: September 29, 2016, 02:45:49 AM »
Building bad decks from random booster cards is one of the best ways of playing magic. It's like playing sealed.

Bluffing is not worth it. You might want to hold a land card to protect a more valuable card from being discarded.

Kara

« Reply #1114 on: November 03, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
<Veritas> LOL, they reprinted Yawgmoth's Win but as a shitty creature http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/commander-2016/magus-of-the-will
<Veritas> fuck off wizards
<Veritas> (of the coast, that card's a wizard too)
<Aequitas> "fuck off wizards" is a good quote for ur tombstone tbh

Kara

« Reply #1115 on: November 03, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
Do any of you engage in bluffing your opponents like it's Poker? Holding mid- to late-game Land cards in reserve so they think you've got a counterspell, etc.?

Hell yeah, that's why aggro-control is the best deck archetype.  8)

When I don't care about winning and play Burn in Type 1.5, I even pretend like fetchlands or Mountains are shit like Searing Blaze.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1116 on: November 03, 2016, 02:40:50 PM »
Going to GP Dallas this weekend, playing Burn as usual (being able to use the bathroom between rounds :lawd).
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1117 on: November 11, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »

^ there were still some legit aggro creatures back in the day. i run these dudes in modern, and the ape still smashes face. <3 my arabian nights kird apes
(snip)

So, you're saying you're still "decks out for Harambe"?
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1118 on: November 12, 2016, 08:45:16 PM »
That OG Kird Ape art is the best, it looks like they just traced over a photo of a gorilla. :lawd
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1119 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:39 AM »
Building a Goblin EDH deck because my local play group has abandoned Limited for EDH and I have no interest in actually winning a game of EDH. Here's what I've got so far.

Commander

Lords

All the Gobbos!

Buffs

Some Spells I Guess

All of the Wheels of Fortunes because Red!

Blood Moon, also because Red

Forks because I dunno

That's the gist of it anyway, I haven't finished filling it out yet. I want to toss in one of two more troll-y cards, like Goblin Game of course has to be in.
©@©™

Syph

« Reply #1120 on: December 11, 2016, 02:53:21 AM »
wining EDH is not a prerequisite for fun
case in point: playing 4-way EDH when my friend was playing a deck full, and I mean full, of pingers was hilarious, even I usually get neutralized early
XO

naff

« Reply #1121 on: December 11, 2016, 06:42:11 AM »
That OG Kird Ape art is the best, it looks like they just traced over a photo of a gorilla. :lawd

So good. Also, like they could've just grabbed the image straight off the 1993 MS Encarta "Gorilla" entry
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1122 on: December 11, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »
Joe, if you want to get them to abandon EDH, just build a red deck with all of the "random shit happens to random players, lolz" cards.
yar

naff

« Reply #1123 on: December 11, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
im a fan of Zedruu Enchantment Prison - can always just tutor up possibility storm if you can't lock em out
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1124 on: December 11, 2016, 09:29:36 PM »
Joe, if you want to get them to abandon EDH, just build a red deck with all of the "random shit happens to random players, lolz" cards.

I may make this my next EDH deck.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-coin-flips-70
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #1125 on: February 04, 2017, 01:56:06 AM »
Couldn't help but notice that Wizzos both (1) dropped some Type 2 bans and (2) banned an uncommon in Type 2.

SO much better at making a balanced game these days. :ahnuld2

Now if you'll excuse me, talking about uncommon bans has suddenly given me the urge to play some Pauper Affinity. :esports

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1126 on: February 04, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »
Couldn't help but notice that Wizzos both (1) dropped some Type 2 bans and (2) banned an uncommon in Type 2.

SO much better at making a balanced game these days. :ahnuld2

Now if you'll excuse me, talking about uncommon bans has suddenly given me the urge to play some Pauper Affinity. :esports

Wizards just admitted they didn't realize these two cards were a combo, despite printing them in the same block. :trumps

©@©™

Kara

« Reply #1127 on: February 05, 2017, 03:39:20 AM »
I like that Spark Jolt is good enough to slap on a planeswalker. Let's hear it for the marquee cardtype, everyone. :clap

e: After Splinter Twin you'd think they'd be more aware of this???
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:00:54 AM by Kara »

Kara

« Reply #1128 on: February 05, 2017, 03:48:27 AM »
I do actually kind of enjoy the new set (in limited), this is probably the first time that's happened since... Theros?

Plus it's clearly the most Metal Gear set of all time.

Kara

« Reply #1129 on: February 07, 2017, 04:00:20 AM »
tfw your opponent won't scoop when you've hit 40 something life because they insist on beating you with their rogue jank at the cost of 15 minutes of game clock, then lose the whole match in game 2 by reaching time. :aah

Kara

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1131 on: February 10, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
Peasants is right, playing MODO.  :teehee

Death by Abundant Growth, rip. :violin
[close]
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #1132 on: February 10, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »
All power (and toughness) to the soviets, comrades.

Some (likely Modern playing) nerds have been trying to make a build of that deck I'm using trendy that uses less land enchanting in favor of tutors, single card tutor targets, and some boring lands, and I'm like, bro, have you never cast a demoralizing Ethereal Armor on the back of multiple Utopia Sprawls before?
[close]

Unrelated: I was catching up on my Magic (birthing?) podcasts, and there was a discussion in one about how chicken Wizards was about the recent Type 2 bans. An unsigned article that actually dedicated ink to flavor bullshit was all the LGS Boys got this time? :lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:33:38 PM by Kara »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1133 on: February 11, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
Took some jank shit to Game Day and came in 2nd. Got $25 in store credit, probably gonna turn that into $25 off the purchase of a Blood Moon.
©@©™

naff

« Reply #1134 on: February 12, 2017, 05:07:45 PM »
we talking red aggro jank Joe? almost won a modern gpt the other week with burn, lost to abzan midrange in the semis, Finks, Rhino and Collective Brutality main are pretty difficult to play around... haven't played any new standard competitively, keep going away when the tournaments are being held.

◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1135 on: February 12, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »
Also, ye, I've also been finding AER limited is pretty great. Drafted a number of highly synergistic midrange/mondo combo decks and just straight control decks that seem to be supported pretty well. Won my first draft with an almost mono mono-U deck splashing B for removal, p1p1 ballista, then got passed an aethertide whale p3 and of course U just continued to be wide open for the rest of the draft as I high picked all the solid U stuff.

I still find it difficult to believe the copy cat combo was missed, but I looked up that dev article when I read your post where Stoddard does say they didn't know  :-[ I thought it was quite a cool addition to the format, there's a bunch of infinite or "arbitrarily large" combos available in the format that end the game, but adding one that was actually decent and playable but is also really beatable should you consider it in deckbuilding, adds an interesting dimension to the meta, and the answers lined up so well I never questioned it was intentional. Implement of combustion, Shock, Walking Ballista, Metallic Rebuke, Authority of the Consuls, Thalia Heretic Cathar etc etc, so many good ways to outplay a deck playing the combo, which, if you have the answers - consists of having to play 2 sets of sub par cards in your deck. + it's made for a good distinction in the meta between control, combo, aggro, midrange, it's all lined up quite nicely.
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1136 on: February 12, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »
we talking red aggro jank Joe? almost won a modern gpt the other week with burn, lost to abzan midrange in the semis, Finks, Rhino and Collective Brutality main are pretty difficult to play around... haven't played any new standard competitively, keep going away when the tournaments are being held.

Yep, I've been running something pretty similar to this pile. It seems to be decent against G/B decks but it just gets run over by Mardu Vehicles.

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/monored_aggro_with_andrew_fran.html

Dem bulk rares.  :aah (and Chandra, that's still $20+ for some reason even though it gets almost zero play  :lol )
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #1137 on: February 14, 2017, 01:00:33 AM »
This was savage.

Opponent chooses to play first.
Opponent mulligans to 6 cards.
Karakand mulligans to 6 cards.
Opponent keeps this hand.
Karakand mulligans to 5 cards.
Karakand mulligans to 4 cards.
Karakand keeps this hand. (Silhana Ledgewalker, Natural State, Ethereal Armor, Gladecover Scout.)
Opponent put a card on the bottom of the library.
Karakand put a card on top of Karakand's library. (Crumbling Vestige.)
Opponent skips their draw step.
Opponent plays Island.
Turn 1: Karakand.
Karakand plays Crumbling Vestige.
Karaknd puts triggered ability from Crumbling Vestige onto the stack. (When Crumbling Vestige enters the battlefield, add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool.)
Opponent casts Though Scour targeting Karakand. (Two Forests are put into the graveyard.)

SHOCKING CONCLUSION TO THIS GAME IN THE SPOILER TAG

[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1138 on: February 14, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »
I'm thinking about building Skred. Mono-Red Control :lawd
Ice Age Snow-Covered Mountains :lawd
Blood Moons :lawd
Random Standard All-Star cards like Goblin Rabblemaster and Stormbreath Dragon. :lawd
Sometimes winning games. :lawd
©@©™

naff

« Reply #1139 on: February 14, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
skred rulz. also I think Chandra does see a lot of play, she's not in every mtgtop8 modern league but has put up results lately (modern is totally driving her price), and pretty sure Skred w Chandra is popular in local scenes. there are a lot of ppl that love jamming ssg, blood moon, ensnaring bridge, chandra.
◕‿◕