Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5494883 times)

Himu

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14820 on: February 23, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »
Fine then.

Maybe it’s best we go our separate ways then? If you don’t want to talk to me why should you talk to me anywhere? If you insult my faith why should I consider talking to you? I think it’s best we no longer be friends, Phoenix. I have blocked you on Twitter and will be unfriending you on Facebook.

I don’t have time for “friends” who shit on me and my religion.

Good bye.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14821 on: February 23, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
Must have been those funny alt-right satire songs that did this.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14822 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:23 AM »
It's nice to see the murdered in the digital realm post
püp

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14823 on: February 23, 2018, 12:38:29 PM »
George Washington had slaves breh 

According to the history book I got on America, even white ones.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14824 on: February 23, 2018, 12:39:18 PM »
hory sheeeeeeeet
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #14825 on: February 23, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14826 on: February 23, 2018, 01:26:19 PM »
Exactly. I'm not engaging anymore. You don't understand the issue and continue to fantasize about scenarios that don't even exist. While dapping problematic ( :doge ) people. I'm good. Got better things to do than argue with someone who is probably a few posts away from making "did you know democrats supported slavery" arguments while being a member of a church that currently doesn't consider you a real person  :lol

George Washington had slaves breh  :nothot

Fun fact: George Washington brought his slaves with him to Philadelphia while he was President, but sent them back to Mount Vernon every 6 months because Pennsylvania had a law on the books that a slave living in the state for more than six months would be considered a free person.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14827 on: February 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
Solution for gun deaths is simple American friends.

Just have a Democrat write it in a bill that also says the 45th President gets free McDonalds for the rest of his life and gets to play golf with Russian super models everyday for Making America Great Again.

Call it the MAGAANDBANGUNS act
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14828 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »
How to be Liberal
- Be nice and considerate to each other
- Think about the environment
- Think about minorities
- Think about the children
- Promote open dialogue between culture, countries and people
- Try to compromise with conservatives

How to be Republican
- Do not kill babies you sick fucks!!!
- Fuck you librul that's my gun/money!!!
- WOOOOO WAVING MA FLAG AROUND

🤴

agrajag

« Reply #14829 on: February 23, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »

How to be Republican
- Do not kill babies you sick fucks!!!
- Fuck you librul that's my gun/money!!!
- WOOOOO WAVING MA FLAG AROUND

stop doxx Cindi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #14831 on: February 23, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
This is the goofy shit that makes me want to take the conversation away from the press.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/967043934601072640

Time to be Neo y'all

kingv

« Reply #14832 on: February 23, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
There’s a reason neo was dodging handgun bullets

agrajag

« Reply #14833 on: February 23, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »
Give them RPG's

etiolate

« Reply #14834 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »
Why even worry about aerodynamic  travel time? Give them moonrakers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:51:17 PM by Nintex »
🤴

shosta

« Reply #14836 on: February 23, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
wow he's kind of scary
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14837 on: February 23, 2018, 02:53:46 PM »
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #14838 on: February 23, 2018, 03:05:53 PM »
He was prepared for the Syria question but not that N Korea question. When he's not prepped then its like a jumble of advice he's got, talking pints and his own way of speaking  pushed out of his mouth into a short response. It's like those playdo playsets where you cram all the different colored dough into a press and out comes this trump shaped poop.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14840 on: February 23, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »

Oh god, he's rallying again.

The fuckery will never end.

:doge
🤴

Nola

« Reply #14841 on: February 23, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
I think MSNBC is losing the plot on the AR-15 based on that quote, but there is a legitimate argument there about how out of whack and dangerous these weapons are. The glorified hunting rifle like your grandpa uses argument the NRA puts out seems to be completely bullshit when you look at the actual capacity of these weapons. I honestly never realized just how devastating that weapon is to the human body:

As I opened the CT scan last week to read the next case, I was baffled. The history simply read “gunshot wound.” I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the nation for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury that I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ like the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, grey bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, with extensive bleeding. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semi-automatic rifle which delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. There was nothing left to repair, and utterly, devastatingly, nothing that could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/?utm_source=twb

They go into pretty explicit detail about why the velocity matters, why it is different from other weapons, and why they are so efficient at killing. Since you dont have to be particularly accurate because the combination of the bullet and the velocity just does ridiculous damage to wherever it hits.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #14842 on: February 23, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »
Do I even want to know what y'all were arguing with Cindi about? She's supporting the NRA now?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14843 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/nNAJFRIUjwM?t=2650

JESUS CHRIST

The other people in the school,

The dean, the assistant dean, the principal

He's going to arm the janitors.

CONCEALED!! fucking great, because they don't know who's going to shoot them.  :doge

FUCK IT GETS WORSE BETTER

And then they outside of the school, 1000 of them 3500 of them. And they're all outside and some madman can shoot them or cars, something bad can happen.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14844 on: February 23, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
Anyone know if the World Trade Centers had armed guards?

Himu

« Reply #14845 on: February 23, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
Do I even want to know what y'all were arguing with Cindi about? She's supporting the NRA now?

Nope. I do not support the NRA and I am not a member. However, even assholes are right every now and then. I support SFA and like a lot of gun owners would rather have anyone else speaking for nationally for gun rights but NRA unfortunately is the most famous one.
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14846 on: February 23, 2018, 04:36:31 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43173753

Good on them. Although you have to wonder why NRA members had discounts and shit in the first fucking place.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14847 on: February 23, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/nra-gives-ajit-pai-courage-award-and-gun-for-saving-the-internet/

Will cesspools like KiA or /pol/ are going to complain that is apparent that conservatives have no problems to throw Free Speech under the bus?

lol no

etiolate

« Reply #14848 on: February 23, 2018, 04:45:24 PM »
kia is consistently pro net neutrality

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14849 on: February 23, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/nra-gives-ajit-pai-courage-award-and-gun-for-saving-the-internet/

Will cesspools like KiA or /pol/ are going to complain that is apparent that conservatives have no problems to throw Free Speech under the bus?

lol no
Scott Adams: "How Trump played his enemies yet again! HAHA!"

Scott Adams: "Still 4D Chessing bois"

Scott Adams: "Why nuking North Korea was a good persuasion tactic"
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #14850 on: February 23, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »

There is not thread in their reddit, they are to busy bitching about Jeff Gerstmann not interested in playing a RPG.

But hey, at least Trump is trying to save guns by blaming video games.

etiolate

« Reply #14851 on: February 23, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »

There is not thread in their reddit, they are to busy bitching about Jeff Gerstmann not interested in playing a RPG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7zhb3i/censorship_donald_trump_just_linked_violent_video/

They had a discussion thread at the time (2 months ago) on what repealing NN meant for gaming.  They don't have a thread on the NRA giving out awards because that's not really relevant to the topics they cover.  I don't know why you'd think that subreddit would cover the NRA.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14852 on: February 23, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7zhb3i/censorship_donald_trump_just_linked_violent_video/

They had a discussion thread at the time (2 months ago) on what repealing NN meant for gaming.  They don't have a thread on the NRA giving out awards because that's not really relevant to the topics they cover.  I don't know why you'd think that subreddit would cover the NRA.

Lol Etiolate, wake the fuck up, I know you are better than this. Just some threads above there is this https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7zml81/ethics_a_friendly_reminder_that_in_light_of_the/

And a top comment is justifying Trump.

etiolate

« Reply #14853 on: February 23, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »

Lol Etiolate, wake the fuck up, I know you are better than this. Just some threads above there is this https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7zml81/ethics_a_friendly_reminder_that_in_light_of_the/

You linked a thread about how the gaming press brought back the "blame gaming" tactic with their idocy about sexism in gaming. Your "defending Trump" comment is saying that Trump is using gaming as a scapegoat and then the news cycle will pass on.

I'll tell you what you're doing wrong: Confirmation bias

Boredfrom

« Reply #14854 on: February 23, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »

You linked a thread about how the gaming press brought back the "blame gaming" tactic with their idocy about sexism in gaming. Your "defending Trump" comment is saying that Trump is using gaming as a scapegoat and then the news cycle will pass on.

I'll tell you what you're doing wrong: Confirmation bias

That makes it so much better, using scapegoats to get attention away.

Don’t be a hypocrite.

etiolate

« Reply #14855 on: February 23, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »
Do you think he's not using games as a scapegoat? Isn't that the nature of such a thing?

I am not seeing where you're going with this.

Himu

« Reply #14856 on: February 23, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
Jack:

Texas has open primary but I must choose a party and unfortunately I’m registered Democrat.

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Beto_O%60Rourke.htm

Beto:

Negatives:

Pro-abortion
Supports Dream act
Beto on guns: “Universal background checks, scrutinizing concealed carry reciprocity for states that don’t have laws that are as stringent as Texas, and allowing the Centers for Disease Control to study gun violence is critical, O’Rourke said.”

Positive:

Good civil rights record
Good stance on environment
Raise minimum Texas wage to 10 dollars

No thank you.

Ted:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

Negatives:

- anti-lgbt
- voted no on violence against women act
- pro-death penalty calling into question his seriousness of his pro-life stance. Definitely not a Catholic.
- climate change denial for corporation masturbation

Positives:

- anti-abortion
- would not bail out the banks
- fiscal conservative
- economic affirmation action
- school choice

:larry

Neither.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #14857 on: February 23, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
Do you think he's not using games as a scapegoat? Isn't that the nature of such a thing?

Jesus, Etiolate.

GG. The group that were used as Gaf/Res/progressives favorite scapegoat suddenly doesn’t have problem with a politician using their favorite hobby as a scapegoat.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #14858 on: February 23, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
I can understand why you might not be able to accept abortion but what's wrong with dreamers, having common standards for concealed carry and background checks?

etiolate

« Reply #14859 on: February 23, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

Jesus, Etiolate.

GG. The group that were used as Gaf/Res/progressives favorite scapegoat suddenly doesn’t have problem with a politician using their favorite hobby as a scapegoat.

It does have a problem with that. I don't see how you can read that linked thread and not notice it.

Again, you're stuck in confirmation bias.

Tasty

« Reply #14860 on: February 23, 2018, 05:58:11 PM »
Positives:

- anti-abortion

fuckouttahere.jpg

Tasty

« Reply #14861 on: February 23, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »
Negatives:

Beto on guns: “Universal background checks, scrutinizing concealed carry reciprocity for states that don’t have laws that are as stringent as Texas, and allowing the Centers for Disease Control to study gun violence is critical, O’Rourke said.”

Why is this a negative? Literally everything listed here is common fucking sense.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills  :stop

Negatives:

Supports Dream act

:stop

Tasty

« Reply #14862 on: February 23, 2018, 06:03:33 PM »
Why suppress? A gun without ear protection is a good way to fuck up your hearing. There's no reason someone should have to lose their hearing because a burglar came into their home.

If there's a possibility you're ending a human life with laser precision, it should be as loud as fucking possible.

And if you're doing it in self-defense (e.g. burglar), unless you're fucking John Wick fending off 50 armed dudes you're going to want to cause a commotion and signal others to help.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14863 on: February 23, 2018, 06:07:32 PM »

Jesus, Etiolate.

It does have a problem with that. I don't see how you can read that linked thread and not notice it.

Rather, it's on the current media narrative being pushed, which follows the general line of "rally against Trump's anti-gaming remarks!!" and with outlets ranging from Polygon to the WaPo trying to have gamers rally behind them in their "just" cause.

...Never mind that while they hype up those remarks and spin more alarmist spiels, many of those same publications have also been responsible for propagating anti-gaming narratives for years (more often than not with outright lies) and haven't stopped. Thus at least in part, they've played a major role in cultivating this present situation. All while they still have the gall to think that gamers, devs and anyone sympathetic to vidya would flock to their banners and think that it's the days of Jack Thompson all over again, that they're "friends."

I'd say don't fall for it. The coming days are bound to be interesting, but suffice to say, if they think they could feign being the "heroes" again, they're horribly mistaken.

But have at it, KiA!

Sure, they are calling him out. /s

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14864 on: February 23, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »
Negatives:

Supports Dream act

Wait, let me guess this one!

"Liberals claim to want to help black people, yet they're going to open up the borders so a bunch of immigrants, and black people (who disproportionately do the jobs these people will be taking) will either be displaced or have to accept wage cuts? Black Americans whose roots in this country go back literally centuries and you're going to literally treat foreigners better than them? Another leftist scam, I'm glad I'm done believing all your lies!"

Either that or it's a typo.

sphagnum

« Reply #14865 on: February 23, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
Cindi if you want to hang out with white dudes who like guns why don't you go to a Redneck Revolt meet up or something at least

Himu

« Reply #14866 on: February 23, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
Negatives:

Why is this a negative? Literally everything listed here is common fucking sense.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills  :stop

Negatives:

Supports Dream act

:stop

Dream act rewards people whose parents brought them here illegally awarded for it. UC Berkeley is giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Dreamers while actual legal immigrants and born citizens struggle with student loans. Putting these kids above American citizens? Nah. I also don’t like what the dream act says,”as long as you’re under 16 and make it to America and live here for five years” you can get a sure path to citizenship? No. Fuck that. Also a family member was murdered the other week by an illegal who was deported THREE TIMES in a drunk driving accident. Nah. Strong borders. Legal immigration.

I’m all for universal background checks, I do not support scrutinized conceal carry for reasons I mentioned in my post to Phoenix Dark. Having CDC alone do firearm studies is a bad idea. Democrats have an anti-gun stance and could make biased reports. Realistically, there should be a bipartisan study made that includes that government, top universities, and more to prevent any hint of biased results either for or against guns.
Why suppress? A gun without ear protection is a good way to fuck up your hearing. There's no reason someone should have to lose their hearing because a burglar came into their home.

If there's a possibility you're ending a human life with laser precision, it should be as loud as fucking possible.

And if you're doing it in self-defense (e.g. burglar), unless you're fucking John Wick fending off 50 armed dudes you're going to want to cause a commotion and signal others to help.

Suppressors are pretty loud. They aren’t quiet.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #14867 on: February 23, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »

Jesus, Etiolate.

Rather, it's on the current media narrative being pushed, which follows the general line of "rally against Trump's anti-gaming remarks!!" and with outlets ranging from Polygon to the WaPo trying to have gamers rally behind them in their "just" cause.

...Never mind that while they hype up those remarks and spin more alarmist spiels, many of those same publications have also been responsible for propagating anti-gaming narratives for years (more often than not with outright lies) and haven't stopped. Thus at least in part, they've played a major role in cultivating this present situation. All while they still have the gall to think that gamers, devs and anyone sympathetic to vidya would flock to their banners and think that it's the days of Jack Thompson all over again, that they're "friends."

I'd say don't fall for it. The coming days are bound to be interesting, but suffice to say, if they think they could feign being the "heroes" again, they're horribly mistaken.

But have at it, KiA!

That's a comment saying the media acting shocked to this is being hypocritical since they did the same thing for sexism being caused by gaming.

Polygon being a hypocrite doesn't equal ignore Trump blaming games.

You're being dumb or dishonest. Pick which of those marks of shame you want. Trollface or derpface.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14868 on: February 23, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »
Dream act rewards people whose parents brought them here illegally awarded for it. 

Man, those scumbags./s

Himu

« Reply #14869 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:24 PM »
Cindi if you want to hang out with white dudes who like guns why don't you go to a Redneck Revolt meet up or something at least

Yes, because only white dudes value guns. I am actually joining Pink Pistols and a black gun organization.

But those are just white dude rednecks I guess whose opinions don’t matter.

Here is my buddy Piper representing.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14870 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
Also a family member was murdered the other week by an illegal who was deported THREE TIMES in a drunk driving accident

The fuck does that have to do with anything? THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH DREAMERS??

:stop :stop :stop

Boredfrom

« Reply #14871 on: February 23, 2018, 06:28:24 PM »

Jesus, Etiolate.

But have at it, KiA!

That's a comment saying the media acting shocked to this is being hypocritical since they did the same thing for sexism being caused by gaming.

Polygon being a hypocrite doesn't equal ignore Trump blaming games.

You're being dumb or dishonest. Pick which of those marks of shame you want. Trollface or derpface.

Touch a nerve?

You tend to lash out when people call out your hypocrisy.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14872 on: February 23, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
I think on the next page I'm gonna post about the Seth Rich stuff and really shit this thread up.

etiolate

« Reply #14873 on: February 23, 2018, 06:33:20 PM »
Yup jokes on me. 

You've proven that Interacting with you is a waste of one's time.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14874 on: February 23, 2018, 06:34:56 PM »

weirder than capitalizing liberty imo

Himu

« Reply #14875 on: February 23, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »

weirder than capitalizing Liberty imo

:salute
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14876 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »
Also a family member was murdered the other week by an illegal who was deported THREE TIMES in a drunk driving accident

The fuck does that have to do with anything? THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH DREAMERS??

:stop :stop :stop

He was an illegal immigrant. Bet you won’t see Nancy Pelosi doing eight hour filibusters for that.
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14877 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
Having CDC alone do firearm studies is a bad idea. Democrats

don't run the CDC lolol

Himu

« Reply #14878 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:18 PM »
Having CDC alone do firearm studies is a bad idea. Democrats

don't run the CDC lolol

I’m still against it. I want the truth. Not some partisan thing bought by Bloomberg or even worse, something bought by the NRA. Whoever runs the CDC study will be influenced by the government in charge at that time. That should make anyone skeptical of such a thing in an age of partisanship.
IYKYK

sphagnum

« Reply #14879 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »

Yes, because only white dudes value guns. I am actually joining Pink Pistols and a black gun organization.

But those are just white dude rednecks I guess whose opinions don’t matter.

Here is my buddy Piper representing.

That wasn't an attack, I was saying they're better than Republicans.