Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 901252 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #3120 on: November 01, 2016, 07:24:18 PM »
The one time I manned up and refused to give out my number....I told someone I didn't have a cellphone (in like 2011 smh). He was like ohhhh ok well nice seeing you again. This was at the grocery store. 20 minutes later he ended up seeing me on my phone in the parking lot.
:stahp

"I don't have a cell phone! I mean, I don't remember my cell phone number! I mean, you're a bad person!"
©@©™

Tasty

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3122 on: November 01, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
The one time I manned up and refused to give out my number....I told someone I didn't have a cellphone (in like 2011 smh). He was like ohhhh ok well nice seeing you again. This was at the grocery store. 20 minutes later he ended up seeing me on my phone in the parking lot.
:stahp

"I don't have a cell phone! I mean, I don't remember my cell phone number! I mean, you're a bad person!"

"I'm on the downlow man! and my mom is in the next aisle getting onions"

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3123 on: November 01, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3124 on: November 01, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
Got a call for a Senior Director position close by.
It seemed right up my alley.
But the salary is ridiculously low. Like I haven't made that low in over a decade. Don't really know what kind of "senior director" they're hoping to get at that price.
que

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #3126 on: November 02, 2016, 07:31:21 AM »
Last day at work is Friday, getting nervous now that I quit such a well paying job and will move to a small town.

But I know that being close to family and family life > career and money

Still a bit antsy

Where are you moving?
brb

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3127 on: November 02, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »

I thought it was an age thing, but I've met PLENTY of seniors who completely understand how to use email, browsers, and at least one SNS. My stepmom set up her own router at home, just following the manual. A secretary at my wife's work administrates their network including a strict IP address list set up to prevent any non-employee from having any ability to connect. Shit, I have -no- idea how to do that. But at this point, I think my mother has some cognitive problem which prevents her from doing anything other than send/receive email from one app. She avoids using the iPad I gave her. I know three-year-olds who use iPads, including being able to switch from app to app.

Several months ago, she wanted to be able to check email while traveling. She didn't want to bother me about it, so she called her service provider and tried to figure out how she could log in to public PCs while traveling. (:oh_shit.gif), but the first thing they told her was she could just log in to their webmail service with her usual password and username. But she couldn't remember her password, so they offered to set it to whatever she liked (:wait_wut.gif), so she reset her password at the server, which of course meant that all her local devices could no longer retrieve or send mail because the server has her new password but local devices all have the stuff I set up for her. So she calls to ask me how to fix it, but she can't really explain why things aren't working, because she doesn't realize what has been changed and where it was changed. In the end, I had to call her provider on Google Voice with her on a separate Facebook line to provide any billing information to prove that I'm not socially engineering the situation, to get them to set the password back to what I'd had it set for her. (:fuckingjesustakemenow.gif)

Total service call time: two and a half hours of hair pulling madness.

:mindblown

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3128 on: November 03, 2016, 05:00:59 AM »
Sounds like the premise of a sitcom.

80's sitcom I hope!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3129 on: November 04, 2016, 09:13:51 AM »
Yesterday I had to drive to a client site for work. This was the first time I had to drive my car in over a week so it had been sitting on the side of the road untouched the entire time. As I walk up to my car I notice something sitting on the roof. I get close and realize, it's my phone charger that was previously inside my car. I think to myself, that's weird. I don't remember taking it out let alone leaving it on the roof. Closer I get I see that the contents of my glove compartment have been emptied onto the passenger side floor.

I step into my car and look through everything. It's all there. My EZ Pass is there, passport is there, registration, etc. Then I pop the trunk. I have a pair of dress shoes in a box and a pair of winter boots and some various other things. Everything accounted for.

I'm super puzzled by the whole situation. I mean I assume I must have left the car unlocked and someone just happened to go in, but the fact that they didn't take anything is super weird to me. It would have been stupid easy to just walk away with the stuff. Then the fact that they purposely put my phone charger on the roof of my car as well. I don't get that.

nat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3130 on: November 04, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »
Might have been hoping for just cash or a gun or they got scared off

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3131 on: November 04, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »
Maybe they were looking for some ripe pantsu?
que

Alcoholic Fish

« Reply #3132 on: November 04, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »
That happened to my girl's car a couple months ago. Everything rifled through, nothing taken.

I think the dude was looking for food, drink and a place to sleep.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3133 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »
"Are you gonna find these guys? I mean, do you have any promising leads?"

El Babua

« Reply #3134 on: November 04, 2016, 05:22:47 PM »
Walked out of a Subway near a gamestop and some kid with money in his hand wanted me to buy an M rated game for him. I was like "nah," and walked back to my car. Now I feel bad cause someone probably stole his cash by now.  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3135 on: November 04, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
Lol did he say what game?

El Babua

« Reply #3136 on: November 04, 2016, 05:38:19 PM »
Nope. Assumed it was M rated, otherwise he wouldn't be begging random people to buy a game for him.

Crap now I feel even worse cause there was an indy game shop right across the street there that wouldn't give a fuck XD.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3137 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »
My phone gave me a notification that the new Run The Jewels album dropped.  Turns out it was only a song released a week ago.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3138 on: November 04, 2016, 09:38:41 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I thought it was an age thing, but I've met PLENTY of seniors who completely understand how to use email, browsers, and at least one SNS. My stepmom set up her own router at home, just following the manual. A secretary at my wife's work administrates their network including a strict IP address list set up to prevent any non-employee from having any ability to connect. Shit, I have -no- idea how to do that. But at this point, I think my mother has some cognitive problem which prevents her from doing anything other than send/receive email from one app. She avoids using the iPad I gave her. I know three-year-olds who use iPads, including being able to switch from app to app.

Several months ago, she wanted to be able to check email while traveling. She didn't want to bother me about it, so she called her service provider and tried to figure out how she could log in to public PCs while traveling. (:oh_shit.gif), but the first thing they told her was she could just log in to their webmail service with her usual password and username. But she couldn't remember her password, so they offered to set it to whatever she liked (:wait_wut.gif), so she reset her password at the server, which of course meant that all her local devices could no longer retrieve or send mail because the server has her new password but local devices all have the stuff I set up for her. So she calls to ask me how to fix it, but she can't really explain why things aren't working, because she doesn't realize what has been changed and where it was changed. In the end, I had to call her provider on Google Voice with her on a separate Facebook line to provide any billing information to prove that I'm not socially engineering the situation, to get them to set the password back to what I'd had it set for her. (:fuckingjesustakemenow.gif)

Total service call time: two and a half hours of hair pulling madness.

:mindblown

tell her to consider using physical (paper) mail again

She still does use physical mail, and I get about the same amount of paper mail from her that I do emails from her, if I disregard forwarded meme stuff from her brother.

She definitely likes Facetime though! She managed to figure that one out, as the benefit-to-troublesome ratio is far too favorable.

« Reply #3139 on: November 05, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
I waited in line over two hours to vote today.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3140 on: November 05, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »
i waited an hour to get my hair cut
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3141 on: November 05, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

If it makes you feel better, it took me at least an hour to figure out the twenty state props we got in California. Then I mailed it but that means no sticker. :(

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3142 on: November 05, 2016, 05:28:49 PM »
I found out Dufus is Dutch  :-\

nudemacusers

« Reply #3143 on: November 05, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »

I'm Dutch and I've never had to wait in a line to cast my vote.

'Murica. :usacry
on the flip side nobody cares about dutch elections
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3144 on: November 05, 2016, 05:32:07 PM »
I just got back from spending a week and a half in the mental ward of an army hospital. all over a misunderstanding. shit was cray, brehs! overall wasn't that bad, some cool people in there :)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3145 on: November 05, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »
diagnosis "all filler no killer"

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3146 on: November 05, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
Ya I think at most I have waited is like 10 mins.  Then again I don't think Canada has a party that actively tries to get people to not vote. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3147 on: November 05, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
Long waits always result in the best barbershop visits
:rejoice

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3148 on: November 05, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
I keep finding craft beers I like at the LCBO and then they keep on discontinuing them.  Just let me have a creamy stout yo!

nudemacusers

« Reply #3149 on: November 05, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »
true, plus when you need a fade and your barber is brown :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3150 on: November 05, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »

Cause then you know your barber is gay and chatty, right? 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3151 on: November 06, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

I got a lot of shit stressing me out and some other shit happened. So my anxiety was high and I was dealing with it by doing maintenance on my car. I got too focused while replacing the motor to the window washer fluid pump. Somehow, my friends thought the bluish-green window washing fluid that drained out of the reservoir was anti-freeze. They thought I drank some and was suicidal. So I end up in the ER as a suicide attempt lol. oh my days! lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3152 on: November 07, 2016, 05:19:55 AM »
Ennui does that too.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3153 on: November 07, 2016, 10:35:35 AM »
And SSRIs.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3154 on: November 08, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »

I got a lot of shit stressing me out and some other shit happened. So my anxiety was high and I was dealing with it by doing maintenance on my car. I got too focused while replacing the motor to the window washer fluid pump. Somehow, my friends thought the bluish-green window washing fluid that drained out of the reservoir was anti-freeze. They thought I drank some and was suicidal. So I end up in the ER as a suicide attempt lol. oh my days! lol

thats some crazy ass story

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3155 on: November 08, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
Woke up this morning, had to spend half-an-hour resetting my password, entering my recovery key, and doing multiple-service logins on my Apple devices because someone out there tried to get into my Apple account.

Thank goodness for two-factor authentication.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3156 on: November 09, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »

I guess my online bill is available.
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3157 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
 A friend of mine, with whom I used to work closely and was a bestie at that time, is now an independent voter and has taken to Twitter with an "I told you so attitude." I'm waffling between unfriending him come  and wanting to punch him in his face.

« Reply #3158 on: November 09, 2016, 07:22:51 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3159 on: November 10, 2016, 10:52:17 AM »
ER visit  last night. Scary how small things can build up to fuck you up. I was in my office and on the way in I noticed my mouth was numb/tingly. I was like "Huh, maybe I ate something that I'm allergic to?" But didn't think too much on it. Then about midday my left arm and hand go numb/tingly and I was like "Oh shit, this is a symptom of a stroke." I had a bunch of meetings that afternoon, but was like "Fuck this, I'm out!" And left to go to the ER. I go to the ER and they start doing their triage, checking my eyes, asking me questions and they're like "Huh, the symptoms you have are like a stroke but you look fine, maybe we should check your mou..HOLY HELL WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR THROAT?!!!"

So here's what happened. A few weeks ago, I had a sore throat and a big ol' fever. I was out like 2 days. Then the sore throat went away as did the fever and I thought it was over. I had a weird taste in my mouth but I get canker sores often so I didn't think anything of it and the fever came and went, but nothing serious, it was a bit weird to swallow but all in all I thought I was on the path to recovery. Well apparently from what they could put together, it's likely the reason my sore throat went away is because I probably got some nerve damage in my throat from the amount of swelling back then and so I couldn't feel that it was getting worse. In fact, my tonsils had gotten so swollen they were pushing on the nerves in my mouth which is what made it go numb. Then they got so big a few hours later that my arm started going numb. They said a few more hours and my throat would have likely closed up so it was a good thing they were messing with my nerves. They spent 4 hours pumping me full of massive steroids and antibiotics and then ran a CT scan and some other tests. I gotta go back to my primary care doc next week and need to see what's going on and possibly discuss taking the tonsils out and verify there's nothing else is causing the infection but it's sorta crazy. Right now I'm a bit manic because of all the medicines coarsing through my veins but I expect I'll crash soon.

Oh and on top of not dying because my tonsils the ER docs said I was the "case of the day". So I have that going for me  :itagaki

que

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3160 on: November 10, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »
Damn dude, that's crazy. Good thing you went to the ER instead of just hoping it got better.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3161 on: November 10, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »
I liked your post because I'm glad you went when you did and before it got worse, my friend.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3162 on: November 10, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »
Good god. Glad you're still with us instead of "naw, who needs to see a doctor" and dying in your sleep! Also, congrats on Case of the Day! Is there a plaque?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3163 on: November 10, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
I've been in the hospital since Saturday and lost all the weight I wanted to lose anyway, but this was rapid and unhealthy so it's going to come back :/

Whoa what happened?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3164 on: November 10, 2016, 06:45:19 PM »
Stay well dude.  Also keep in mind that real changes don't happen over night so if you start to feel down again, that could be natural.  Hope you feel better.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3165 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »
Shark, no. Oh, man, just... I'm glad your friend called to get you help. I'm glad you're feeling better. Please find a program that helps you deal with your problems. You're a good guy, and we want you to stay here with us on the planet.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3166 on: November 10, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
Wow. I'm sorry man. I don't know what to say except that I'm glad you're okay now and I hope you get better and find relief.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3167 on: November 10, 2016, 08:09:59 PM »
Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. Glad you're feeling better.

I should've asked if you were alright when you mentioned you went to the hospital in one of your texts.  :doge

edit: Also, all 3 girls, that I've been chatting with, went radio silent.  ">_>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:16:14 PM by Pallando »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3168 on: November 10, 2016, 08:52:24 PM »
Glad you visited an ER here before Trump sends you back to Mexico, man.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3169 on: November 10, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

I should've asked if you were alright when you mentioned you went to the hospital in one of your texts.  :doge

It's not you, it's Trump. Il Ducheeto has got them spooked.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3170 on: November 10, 2016, 10:00:26 PM »
You don't know me, but if you need to chat or anything PM me. I've seen some fucked up shit. It's pretty funny and might help to talk.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3171 on: November 10, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »

I thought you were talking to me and I was like "Aw thanks Pallo.....wait, I texted you from the hospital? I don't remember that. I don't even have your number. What are these drugs doing to me?!"
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3172 on: November 10, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »

I thought you were talking to me and I was like "Aw thanks Pallo.....wait, I texted you from the hospital? I don't remember that. I don't even have your number. What are these drugs doing to me?!"

Apparently REALLY GOOD drugs.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3173 on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:42 AM »
Appreciate the concerns, guys.

I'm going to be having weekly therapy, bi-weekly group therapy, regular check in with my psychiatrist (once a month to start), I'll be taking prozac daily, and my HR person at work is going to check in with me every so often to make sure I'm 100%.

It seems like a lot but this'll be good for me. I'd been taking to a therapist but he often just wrote stuff off as stress-related and not me having major depressive disorder.

yeah self-awareness goes a long way in managing depression or whatever the technical definition of the issue you had was. But even a straight white/cisdude and all who's good looking will not claw out of it without somebody to lean on. You'll make it through but you did the right thing by in some way reaching out to someone. You get better at doing it in a more controlled fashion over time though, I can say from experience. :)

Also, I wanna say something inappropriate here but is anyone else jealous of how people who die get to find out what (if anything) happens next? Ever since I was a little kid I viewed it like graduating.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3174 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:30 AM »
I have had that feeling from time to time, sure.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3175 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
Shark wow man, glad you're better. Breh...

:tocry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3176 on: November 12, 2016, 07:18:50 PM »
Entered the cock rating thread while on my works VPN

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3177 on: November 12, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »
Also, I wanna say something inappropriate here but is anyone else jealous of how people who die get to find out what (if anything) happens next? Ever since I was a little kid I viewed it like graduating.
Honestly, I find it a little selfish that they don't tell us about it so we can decide beforehand.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3178 on: November 12, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »
Saturdays as a single guy have kinda sucked for me lately... since all my friends are paired off, leaving me by myself. So today I decided to get out, go down to Patchogue, get a nice meal and hang out at this great craft beer bar that also has some board games to play. Was pretty awesome... had a nice meal, then at the bar I was sitting next to a few girls who invited me to play 20 Questions with them. So that was pretty cool, even if the cutest one (and the one most talkative to me) was from VA up here visiting.

Still, I was pretty high off that... then decided to go to Barnes and Noble, drink some tea and read the latest DJ Mag/Mixmag while the night was still young. While in the cafeteria area I noticed who else but my ex and her former roommate. Her roommate might have noticed me but I don't think my ex did, thankfully. Still that kinda put a damper on my night. Fled upstairs with my tea and read magazines in the back.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:37:04 PM by tiesto »
^_^

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3179 on: November 13, 2016, 12:28:15 AM »
Very nearly just hit a deer, shook.