Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 901282 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5820 on: July 06, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »
I had a Little Caesar's deep dish and I feel like I'm in the post-op of a reverse liposuction.
每天生气

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5821 on: July 08, 2018, 09:09:28 PM »
So, during my two week break from my job, I figured out what was causing all my sleep issues. My job. Not sleep apnea.  :doge

Prior to my break, I was constantly anxious and stressed about meeting short deadlines and constantly needing to hit the ball out of the park on most client work.

I just got used to that constant "buzz" of anxiety since I had been stuck in that state for so long. Which would, in turn, make it impossible for me to fall asleep or get really shitty sleep instead.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5822 on: July 08, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »
One summer in college I worked at a newspaper distribution warehouse (graveyard shift) and would easily sleep 10-12 hours during the day. Completely unproductive outside of making some money. I blamed it on my body not dealing with graveyard shift well.

After college, I worked in a production lab where everything was following an SOP and meeting deadlines with long stretches of boredom in between. My sleep schedule again went to shit.

Right now, I work on the PM side of a utility dealing with regulators, stubborn union vets, and upper management that never worked in this department. I feel a lot more stress than ever but I sleep soundly because when you have work goals that aren't just based on monotonous, repetitive work, it's a lot easier to feel motivated.

I think your problem is that you hate the type of work you do. You obviously are able to work hard, but maybe there's nothing your current workplace asks of you that makes you feel satisfied?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5823 on: July 09, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »
Do you fail often at work?

I ask only because it seems like you don't;  eventually something you should realize and let the stress fade away and replace it with confidence you will kick ass.
I don't. The problem is that when I don't necessarily hit a project out of the park my competency gets put into question. I could hit 99 home runs but that 1 "outfield ground ball" is what stands out.  :doge

Also, the constant need to get a bunch of work done before 5pm is crazy as well. Right now I'm in the middle of making a presentation to persuade my higher ups that we should be breaking things down (like a website design) into smaller "stages" over multiple days instead of trying to nail the whole thing in one day. Sure it'll take longer but it should improve the end product by leaps & bounds.

What a lot of people don't realize about "creative" jobs is that you need some time away from a project to give your mind a break. Especially if it's a complex project. That way you can come back to the project with fresh eyes and see solutions to problems that were not apparent before. Also, there's a process called "steeping" where you work on something really hard and then you step back and let your subconscious wrestle with it while you go for a walk or do some other mundane task.

The only problem with "steeping" and my job is that I'm usually "steeping" during my off hours because that's the only time I have to do it. Thus making me restless and unable to sleep.

One summer in college I worked at a newspaper distribution warehouse (graveyard shift) and would easily sleep 10-12 hours during the day. Completely unproductive outside of making some money. I blamed it on my body not dealing with graveyard shift well.

After college, I worked in a production lab where everything was following an SOP and meeting deadlines with long stretches of boredom in between. My sleep schedule again went to shit.

Right now, I work on the PM side of a utility dealing with regulators, stubborn union vets, and upper management that never worked in this department. I feel a lot more stress than ever but I sleep soundly because when you have work goals that aren't just based on monotonous, repetitive work, it's a lot easier to feel motivated.

I think your problem is that you hate the type of work you do. You obviously are able to work hard, but maybe there's nothing your current workplace asks of you that makes you feel satisfied?
Some of my work is monotonous. Some of it is challenging.

I think the real problem is that I'm not doing what I really want to be doing. Making cool shit for myself and the people who resonate with my "vision".

Instead I'm trying to make other people's "visions" a reality since they themselves couldn't design their way out of a paper bag.

I'm a visual artist trapped in the corporate design world since graphic design was the only career path that I hated the least compared to everything else I could've been.

Anyways, now that I have some of my energy back, I'm going to try and make my artistic vision a reality during the weekend and possibly early in the morning on the weekdays.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:36:36 AM by Atramental »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5824 on: July 09, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
Atra, you've got to claw back some time to yourself. You can pitch it to your bosses that you must have time to "sharpen your axe," or whatever paradigm you think would frame it properly for them. As you said, creative work requires time to step back and relax, to let off the accelerator, or you'll just run out of juice. You can point to any of your 1-in-100 misses as evidence of this need.

Schedule a yoga class or something where you MUST be out of the office and doing something else. Build your work schedule around that. You may end up meeting flexible moms as a side benefit.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5825 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:22 PM »
Or you can just document working yourself into a shriveled prune of depression and death and let that be your art.  Let your office be an installation piece.  This is the two birds approach.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5826 on: July 09, 2018, 09:27:40 PM »
Like, imagine the future where your Bore posts are being viewed by some classy French chick and her long-haired scarf-wearing tinder date.  And they see what you have made.  See what you have done.   And go back to her place and fuck because of your art has inspired them to live life to the fullest.  He gives her herpes which he is carrying without symptoms.     

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5827 on: July 09, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »
Or you can just document working yourself into a shriveled prune of depression and death and let that be your art.  Let your office be an installation piece.  This is the two birds approach.

This is my approach! I got into an argument with my psychiatrist and stormed out in the middle of my appointment last week because my job has driven me crazy. Things are about to get nuts!
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5828 on: July 09, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
Like, imagine the future where your Bore posts are being viewed by some classy French chick and her long-haired scarf-wearing tinder date.  And they see what you have made.  See what you have done.   And go back to her place and fuck because of your art has inspired them to live life to the fullest.  He gives her herpes which he is carrying without symptoms.   

The artist’s dream. :noah

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5829 on: July 09, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »
Image the future where TVC is pissing on your art as derivative and undebauched.  That future is now. 

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5830 on: July 09, 2018, 09:35:27 PM »
Image the future where TVC is pissing on your art as derivative and undebauched.  That future is now. 

Aww, I couldn’t do that to Atra. He kinda frequently reminds me of myself. He’s one of my faves here.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5831 on: July 10, 2018, 01:26:03 AM »
Working in Tokyo. Haven't seen my family in three weeks. Had plane tickets for this weekend, perfect timing to get out of work, roll down to Haneda Airport, fly to Osaka and sleep in my own bed starting Friday night.

Airline cancels my tickets without giving a reason why. Maybe they overbooked. They're not offering any compensation.

Re-booked tickets for available slots, which now have me missing my first night back and getting up 05:30 Saturday to catch the flight. Same with the return flight. :maf

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #5832 on: July 10, 2018, 01:26:35 AM »
the bumper sticker of calvin peeing on things has been around for some time already

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5833 on: July 10, 2018, 06:57:21 AM »
i'm getting bit weary with the recent prominence of the phrase 'speak my truth'

Tasty

« Reply #5834 on: July 11, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »
Got really high and started thinking about my parents' deaths. I'm not ready brehs.

Corporal

« Reply #5835 on: July 11, 2018, 06:34:44 AM »
When I shaved this morning, I sliced a good chunk of skin off my adams apple. Why do these kinda wounds bleed so fucking much. Not even the cauterising stick could quell the floods.

Now I'm running around with a blood-soaked bandaid on me that now has glued itself to the fucken wound (because I was a cheapass when I bought the bandaids). Tonight is gonna suck.  :yuck
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5836 on: July 11, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »
Working in Tokyo. Haven't seen my family in three weeks. Had plane tickets for this weekend, perfect timing to get out of work, roll down to Haneda Airport, fly to Osaka and sleep in my own bed starting Friday night.

Airline cancels my tickets without giving a reason why. Maybe they overbooked. They're not offering any compensation.

Re-booked tickets for available slots, which now have me missing my first night back and getting up 05:30 Saturday to catch the flight. Same with the return flight. :maf

Three weeks!?  Sounds brutal.  Are you planning to move the family over to Tokyo at some point?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:41:18 PM by bork »
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5837 on: July 11, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »
No, I'm hoping that I can return to Osaka.

Tokyo has been an adventure, and I'm grateful for what I have, but it is not my long-term plan to stay here.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5838 on: July 11, 2018, 10:29:51 PM »
Fucking tinnitus.

Even if I wear active noise-cancellation headphones in the office to cut down on co-worker noise, my friend Mr. Tinnitus is still an unwelcome fucking guest in my fucking psychoacoustic landscape.

Fucker.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5839 on: July 12, 2018, 12:01:14 AM »
My bipolar is kicking in really bad and it always does this around my bday. The lack of plans and having nothing to do is actually the worst scenario for me when it comes to dealing with my more manic episodes. It also reminds me of how much of a loser I am in life. Having no friends, and having distant family who only care because a website tells them it's my bday so they remember me for a second. I just want tomorrow to come and go so I can return to feeling normal and not have all this anxiety and built up emotional bullshit on my shoulders. That's not what you're supposed to feel like in life, but for me it is just another inconvenience and a loss of a day.

I'm ok, but I'm not ok with always being like this. Something's gotta give eventually, I'll conquer it someday! Maybe tomorrow!

shosta

« Reply #5840 on: July 12, 2018, 12:19:46 AM »
You're a good dude and your posts have cheered me up on more than one occasion. Memorable personality, 10/10, happy birthday, don't care if you hate it because I like you.
每天生气

bluemax

« Reply #5841 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:06 AM »
Why did the VP of the company I work for just send a Slack Message to me (and a couple of other people) at midnight, to ask about the status of a B severity bug in our project?

There are two very good reasons that bug has not been addressed yet!

1. We've spent the last week and a half on much higher priority shit.
2. It was also decided that with less than a month to go we are going to re-do the portion of the UI where that bug exists, so why the fuck would I spend time trying to fix it if I don't even know if it is going to be relevant soon?

Make games they said. It'll be fun they said.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I would also add that of the bugs I have left, this is one that has almost no functional impact on the product and the time cost fix of it is non trivial.
[close]
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5842 on: July 12, 2018, 05:05:52 AM »
Upper management usually don't focus on uber-specific issues like that unless middle managers are getting back stabby or incompetent.

If that seems likely, fire up the popcorn.

Corporal

« Reply #5843 on: July 12, 2018, 06:22:51 AM »
Aw c'mon, give the poor manager a break. This was the one bug he found himself when he stumbled into a presentation by accident during his rare non-drugged non-drunk hours per day (or maybe he clicked where he shouldn't have on a demo station when told not to touch anything). So now they need to make sure you dirty plebs do your fucking work. Because that's what managers do.  :P

The 128GB SD card in my switch is nearly full. Shoulda bought a 200+GB one.   :-\
!list

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5844 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
Got into a slight tiff with a unit manager in which I apparently made her feel like an idiot/was rude  because she needed something that was already provided and in a pts room.

Not expecting anything to come out of it, but just eyerolling how useless managers are when they try to help in clinic situation
dur

bluemax

« Reply #5845 on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:00 AM »
Upper management usually don't focus on uber-specific issues like that unless middle managers are getting back stabby or incompetent.

If that seems likely, fire up the popcorn.

Well we don't have a lot of middle management. This is a 40 person company.

We do have a new director of production and today he asked me if there was anything he could do for me, so I relayed the above to him. He made quite the face.
NO

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5846 on: July 13, 2018, 05:06:08 AM »
They put Zorba's dance under an Italian pasta commercial. That's Greek music. The people that made that commercial should get shot.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5847 on: July 13, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
What kind of world are we living in where not seeing your family for 3 weeks is "brutal" or an "inconvenience"?
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5848 on: July 13, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
Do you fail often at work?

I ask only because it seems like you don't;  eventually something you should realize and let the stress fade away and replace it with confidence you will kick ass.

This is solid advice, bro

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5849 on: July 13, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »

Three weeks!?  Sounds brutal.  Are you planning to move the family over to Tokyo at some point?

What kind of world are we living in where not seeing your family for 3 weeks is "brutal" or an "inconvenience"?

I have no idea what you're trying to convey here.

Corporal

« Reply #5850 on: July 13, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
To kill the sole fruit fly that has entered my home, or to let it die from old age and starvation?

I mean, these buggers are rather cute, as far as flies go at least.

Plus, we could be besties. We already have so much in common. Single, stumbling around fruitlessly, doomed to die alone and leave no offspring.

Ah, Friday evenings.  :D

I am rather proud of the "fruitlessly" part. :smug
[close]
!list

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5851 on: July 13, 2018, 10:54:44 PM »
I'm going grey.  But to be honest, think its actually going to look pretty good.  #humblestruggle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5852 on: July 14, 2018, 05:37:31 AM »
Hope your patches are symmetrical, unlike mine. :'(

shosta

« Reply #5853 on: July 16, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
woke up at the fucking butt crack of dawn and went to work but it's my day off
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5854 on: July 16, 2018, 08:48:12 PM »
Honestly feel like I'm going to die.  Like my chest is tight, my throat is tight and I feel like my head is going to explode.  Thinking about going to Antman and the Wasp, so that I can die doing what I love. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5855 on: July 16, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »
Honestly feel like I'm going to die.  Like my chest is tight, my throat is tight and I feel like my head is going to explode.  Thinking about going to Antman and the Wasp, so that I can die doing what I love.
eating beans?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5856 on: July 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »

Passively consuming mass media?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5857 on: July 16, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »
Following the MCU meta-story, obviously.  That can only be described as active consumption.   

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5858 on: July 16, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »

Masturbating?
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5859 on: July 17, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »
Return it. Some poor warehouse employee is probably getting negative performance metrics.
After some alcohol and moral discussions I've decided that I will inform them of their error.
Chances are that this mistake was made multiple times and at worst I have to pay shipping and at best I get a free giftcard for not fucking them over or something.

Recently we had a sort of same situation at our firm. A client was billed 240 euro, wrongly. So we decided to credit the bill. But our administration accidently wired 2400 instead of 240.
The client was kind enough to return us the 2160. Even though one of my co-workers said: "If he hadn't done it, I would've stole his boat" I feel that morally it is the right course.

It also fixes the dilemma of 10 people who 'want' this free Xbox and being a cheapskate for donating the old Xbox to our office entertainment.
I'm a total soyboy and corporate capitalist shill for not keeping or selling it though.  :fbm
Update on the Double Xbox situation.

After some deliberation I decided to send it back. The retailer was happy I did so and send me Forza 7 for free for my honesty before I had even returned the Xbox.
"Send it back to us, include your adress, don't register it as a return on the website"

I did what they asked, made a nice package and send it back.

Received an e-mail the next day:
"Thank you for returning a product we will review and refund within 3 days"

Wut

Lo and behold 3 days later I've received a refund for the second Xbox, minus the cost of Forza 7.

:mindblown

... but I've just got hit with a tax bill of the same sum  :yuck

Long story short, I got an Xbox One X for the price of Forza 7. Lifehack for infinite Xbox's and Forza copies.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #5860 on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
I have to prepare an exam until Thursday and I can't decide whether to be a dick because the class was annoying or to be nice. :thinking

And I keep wasting time on the internet :stahp

Corporal

« Reply #5861 on: July 17, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »
Make it super hard. The little tossers have earned it. Rub their noses in it.

But be generous with the bonus points. Or offer a free hint. Or offer them that you won't score a single question/problem of their choice. Or something. Ya know, the classic good cop/bad cop routine, only you're both cops at the same time.

...It's late and I wanna sleep and I can't sleep because there's some mosquitos in my room who have decided that I'm so delicious that a single sip is not enough, and that I taste best somewhere near my head. Stay away from my ears and just dine on my leg or something, you fuckerssssssssss. I wanna sleeeeeep. But no, let me sing you the song of my people. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. >:(
!list

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5862 on: July 17, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »
Why did the VP of the company I work for just send a Slack Message to me (and a couple of other people) at midnight, to ask about the status of a B severity bug in our project?

There are two very good reasons that bug has not been addressed yet!

1. We've spent the last week and a half on much higher priority shit.
2. It was also decided that with less than a month to go we are going to re-do the portion of the UI where that bug exists, so why the fuck would I spend time trying to fix it if I don't even know if it is going to be relevant soon?

Make games they said. It'll be fun they said.

I would also add that of the bugs I have left, this is one that has almost no functional impact on the product and the time cost fix of it is non trivial.
[close]

So explain that this was decided to not be high priority, ask if the priority has been raised, and if so, work on the bug.

It's really not hard;  I work with so many developers who whine about stuff like this and act shocked that I don't care lol

I had a publisher's external producer call me on my cellphone on a Sunday because he was freaked out that we had 700 bugs in the database, and he wanted a lower number. CALLED SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WORK FOR HIM. ON A SUNDAY. I explained that we were working on higher priority bugs and that each and every text bug had its own entry, so many of them would be cleaned before the next submission.

He didn't want to wait to receive a fixed version, he just wanted to see the bug database have a lower record count.

I went to work on monday, negotiated time for the text bugs to be corrected and entered, so they all registered as Claimed Fix in the db, eliminating nearly 300 bugs. The client was happy. We only lost maybe 16 man-hours total on it. We all still think that producer is an idiot.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5863 on: July 18, 2018, 02:27:42 AM »
A surfer from Japan lived in the commune for awhile but moved out last month. "Finally, I can start weebing out again," I thought to myself. WRONG. Our new communard is a student from Japan. :'(

Good thesis material here, hope they're a letters and sciences student.
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5864 on: July 18, 2018, 03:22:00 AM »
Be embarrassed to watch hentai around the Japanese bros. 

:badass

BisMarckie

« Reply #5865 on: July 18, 2018, 05:56:23 AM »
Make it super hard. The little tossers have earned it. Rub their noses in it.

But be generous with the bonus points. Or offer a free hint. Or offer them that you won't score a single question/problem of their choice. Or something. Ya know, the classic good cop/bad cop routine, only you're both cops at the same time.

I decided to make it easy because it means less work for me :ego
Most of the answers can be found verbatim in my lecture material.
I'll be tough on grading though, because if you can't pass this one you are truly an idiot

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #5866 on: July 18, 2018, 11:54:49 PM »
I like drinking more than smoking.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #5867 on: July 19, 2018, 12:56:19 AM »
Looking over my early posts, I like my 2015 self better.
I also thought 2015 was the worst year of my life.

Little did he know, it'd get much, much worse.

Tasty

« Reply #5868 on: July 19, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
:lol We need that emoji

Bebpo

« Reply #5869 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:08 AM »
Ok, got whine a bit. So Japan is a decade behind the curve on Vinyl resurgence and new albums still aren’t being made in analog. Instead bands treat it as a special thing and like The Pillows make Vinyl pressings of their early albums and only sell it at shows. Can’t buy them online anywhere in America.

So they finally come play in America again and I get excited because I want some of their stuff on Vinyl
...and all the merch booth has is a couple of cds

:goty

Tasty

« Reply #5870 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:43 AM »
Vinyl :donot

Physical media :donot
[close]

Kara

« Reply #5871 on: July 20, 2018, 01:01:18 AM »
Know that feeling, Bebpo. I went to a monster truck rally a few months ago and the merch booth was completely out of Grave Digger t-shirts.

shosta

« Reply #5872 on: July 20, 2018, 01:10:04 AM »
I got sand in my eyes today. I didn't even realize that was a thing to worry about here.  :mjcry
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5873 on: July 20, 2018, 02:03:44 AM »
I had a publisher's external producer call me on my cellphone on a Sunday because he was freaked out that we had 700 bugs in the database, and he wanted a lower number. CALLED SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WORK FOR HIM. ON A SUNDAY. I explained that we were working on higher priority bugs and that each and every text bug had its own entry, so many of them would be cleaned before the next submission.

He didn't want to wait to receive a fixed version, he just wanted to see the bug database have a lower record count.

I went to work on monday, negotiated time for the text bugs to be corrected and entered, so they all registered as Claimed Fix in the db, eliminating nearly 300 bugs. The client was happy. We only lost maybe 16 man-hours total on it. We all still think that producer is an idiot.
:rejoice essential problem solving :rejoice

had a way less inconveniencing inverse of this with a shockingly dumb professor once, he wanted me to "run more simulations" so he could put more decimal points on his values, i told him adding more decimal points doesn't increase accuracy it just creates the illusion of it and the r2 value was already fine, didn't matter told me to just do it, i didn't run it again because it actually would take hours to complete on the school computers, just changed the number of digits displayed on the printout and printed it again, in his paper he wrote that he ran twice as many simulations as i actually did

:rejoice mild academic fraud :rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #5874 on: July 20, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
I fell awkwardly while playng football with some colleagues. I thought I was fine although it hurt like hell, so I gave in to a coworker who insisted on taking me to the hospital. Turns out I have a fractured clavicle :goty2

I am high on painkillers though, so that's a plus :ohyeah

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5875 on: July 20, 2018, 09:23:15 AM »
Really want a boston cream donut but I shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff so I had a protein shake instead :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5876 on: July 20, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »
Really want a boston cream donut but I shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff so I had a protein shake instead :(

Isn't that a good thing?  ???
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #5877 on: July 20, 2018, 10:55:26 AM »
Just saw a combination Mama Mia / Tour de France commercial.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5878 on: July 20, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
Here we go again
dur

Bebpo

« Reply #5879 on: July 20, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »
Ok, got whine a bit. So Japan is a decade behind the curve on Vinyl resurgence and new albums still aren’t being made in analog. Instead bands treat it as a special thing and like The Pillows make Vinyl pressings of their early albums and only sell it at shows. Can’t buy them online anywhere in America.

So they finally come play in America again and I get excited because I want some of their stuff on Vinyl
...and all the merch booth has is a couple of cds

:goty

So I did some internet searching this morning and apparently King Records Japan sells the 4 vinyls that have been released at shows, but only ships to Japan. So gonna try using a 3rd party shipping service to get them. Would ask JP Bore but I feel like shipping Vinyls is a pain in the ass so don't want to bother them.

http://kingeshop.jp/shop/contents1/pillows.aspx

Vinyl :donot

Physical media :donot
[close]

Kids these days   :'(