Author Topic: Wonderboy Returns is really good  (Read 1863 times)

Himu

Wonderboy Returns is really good
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
I recorded some gameplay earlier.

Needed a good platformer after Sonic Mania, which I hated, and this delivers. One hit death rule, it's got the slippery controls still, and it's perfect with an arcade stick. It's added new boss fights and stages and the works. And Boy himself is really adorable in it. It helps that it's an actual  platformer. Very refreshing after playing Sonic.

Great supplement to Dragon's Trap, which I also highly recommend.

Please give us an Adventure Island Collection. :brazilcry
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:47:09 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Wonderboy Returns is really good
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »
Dragon's Trap remake is awesome (provided you switch back to the original music, the remixed music is pretty assy), this remake looks... ehh. Way too cheap mobile looking. I definitely recommend the Monster World collection for PS2 for all your Wonder Boy needs, also Monster World IV was translated and released on Wii VC. That's another great game in the series.

I'd love a compilation of Adventure Island 1-4 and Super Adventure Island 1-2. Actually, Adventure Island 3 and Super Adventure Island 2 command some pretty high prices. Unfortunately... that property is in the hands of Konami now so it's doubtful we'll ever see anything more from Takahashi Meijin  :-\
^_^

Himu

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:45:07 AM »

I'll import it.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 03:11:02 AM »
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »

I'll import it.

It goes for like three times the price used and way more than that new.  Enough that I'd just play the ROMS.  :doge
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:44:11 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平