Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1185057 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #4560 on: September 28, 2013, 05:15:11 AM »
Ill make you feel very comfortable if er go drinking chrono

Very

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #4561 on: September 28, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
"Dunno, I keep seeing people posting pics of the goods area (which is always giant and empty) and proclaiming the death of TGS!"

yeah, busted total - that area is ALWAYS like that. I mean - people were talking about 2-3 hour queues for certain games as well - seems pretty busy to me.

for me though - there's a gang of people who -know- who they are who just have a huge downer on gaming at the moment -except- *surprise* for Nintendo

as i say, people cheering and whooping a back log of FOUR games on WiiU whilst mockingly saying "yeah, it has no games!" is borderline tragic.

O=X

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4562 on: September 28, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »
Feit doesn't particularly strike me as anything other than a nice guy to be quite honest - i've met him maybe 5 times? He seems enthusiastic about some stuff but in general he's just ... nice? not much of what he posts catches my eye to be honest.

Nthings - i basically have this whole theory about it - it's a North American thing. See - Eurofilth like me ? all our retro heros are dead. For John and Sprks, Kohler, Nutt ? they were born and raised on Nintendo - it was their in route to gaming... and it's a route that is still alive so i , personally, feel it puts a different slant on , well, everything for them. I have to say that John's "Dark Souls is pretty much a next gen Zelda" was the point where this all solidified - this wasn't the first time he'd used a similar anecdote and nor was it just him making references to old Nintendo games for anything not Nintendo of any note - but it solidified that their whole basis of gaming was based on Nintendo and, in truth, there's a whole slew of games that DS has more in common with and the idea that it somehow "owes" Nintendo when modern Nintendo have -buckleys and no- chance of producing a game like DS seemed somewhat disengenous

But it did make me realise - American long term gamers do tend to still have that Nintendo thing at thier core - but for Euros ? Consoles started at 16-bit in any real sense - and Sega came out largely on top. Prior to that it was largely a computer and arcade upbringing : But eurothings retro heroes? they are all dead ! Sinclair, Amstrad, Commodore, Sega*, Atari, the arcade scene.... it's all largely gone - Nintendo came too late and ripped us off (64.99 Quid base price for an N64 game?!) and though they'll still have some sway especially in the handheld arena (an area they deserve it!) only pockets of Europe are truly "Nintendo land"

So - what tends to happen is Americans tend to either apologise or see the best side in Nintendo, or see credit that somehow Nintendo deserve where frankly they have NOTHING to do with what ahs been achieved. Euros? we just love moaning, we have no retro heroes - we'll flag wave the next thing that keeps us happy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:21:01 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4563 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
feit is a nice guy, but there's no questioning he was working an angle with his story on TGS, and it's an angle consistent with the fact that he's the reason i have the hashtag #ohjapan muted on twitter. 

i didn't see the posts - but yeah - there's definitely a "gaming #sadface" thing that Nthings are spearheading - whilst i don't particularly think Feit is an Nthing (or don't have enough knowledge to say for sure), there's definitely a whole slew of people who - because the WiiU is thrashing about like a tuna in the desert - that that's it for everyone.

Whilst that might well turn out to be the case in terms of sales - i just find it insane that anyone classing themselves as a "games journalist" would write off an -entire- gen because of an idea that "the games aren't for me" before the gen has even started. Especially when it's coupled with "sigh - you know, probably the WiiU has everything i need" - which... OH, that'S handy that your favourite slobblecoq company duffbox just happens to be in that perfect "this is good enough bracket" with it's "wow - backlog of 4 games".... and this is the point where i get all nasty and vindictive where really i should just say "each to their own" - but i seriously wish people would just wear there preferences instead of making pish poor lists proof cases. No one will die if you say "i <3 Nintendo so..."
O=X

Himu

« Reply #4564 on: September 29, 2013, 05:05:11 AM »
Can someone tell me why GTAV has sold so more on launch week than all past GTA titles combined? I don't understand. I agree it looked like a great title but more than every gta launch combined?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:07:28 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4565 on: September 29, 2013, 05:15:55 AM »
Dc nailed it!

Beezy

« Reply #4566 on: September 29, 2013, 05:44:16 AM »
Can someone tell me why GTAV has sold so more on launch week than all past GTA titles combined? I don't understand. I agree it looked like a great title but more than every gta launch combined?
Hmm... maybe cause it was released at the very end of this gen? Everyone who would ever want a 360 or PS3 has one by now. Plus it's been 5 years since the last GTA game.

archnemesis

« Reply #4567 on: September 29, 2013, 05:45:56 AM »
I have no idea but maybe it's because the very large install base (~160 million) and lack of competition from other games.

Edit: Well, actually the real install base is considerably lower if you factor in broken and disconnected units.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:48:07 AM by archnemesis »

Fifstar

« Reply #4568 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:52 AM »
Biggest marketing campaign maybe? Don't know if it's the biggest GTA campaign, but I've never seen such an amount of ads for a game here before. Media coverage also seems to be at an all time high, and it's not just about the violence stuff like it's usually here.

Also interesting that all the backslash that GTA IV got seems to have been mainly an online phenomenon, probably partly due to some of the ridiculous reviews. But if the general perception would have been as bad as it was on forums, it shouldn't sell as well as it does.
Gulp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4569 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:18 AM »
Nobody I knew IRL thought GTA4 was any good.  While I haven't played it (and never will), GTA5 looked like a return to form to the PS2 GTA games.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:27:41 AM by Mary Tyler Whore »
🍆🍆

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4570 on: September 29, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
All of the above, but they also seemed to have retained much of their old fan base while also finding a slew of kids to jump on who may never have played the older games.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4571 on: September 29, 2013, 12:49:57 PM »
I bought into the trailers and the whole "It's Heat/Breaking Bad: The Game!" way they were cut. :-\
sup

Takao

« Reply #4572 on: September 29, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
I made the mistake of replaying GTA IV over the summer. I think it'll be a few years until I play GTA V.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #4573 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
Stolen from GAF:
The Legend of Zelda series: (List ordered by first week sales)

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo) {1998.11.21} - 386.234 / 1.147.068
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) {2009.12.23} - 320.940 / 740.109
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo) {2000.04.27} - 314.044 / 601.539
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) {2007.06.23} - 288.282 / 902.386
[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Nintendo) {2002.12.13} - 287.346 / 742.609
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo) {2011.11.23} - 194.894 / 337.452
[NGB] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo) {2001.02.27} - 191.802 / 373.361
[NGB] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Nintendo) {2001.02.27} - 190.029 / 372.693
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} - 182.998 / 586.505
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo) {2006.12.02} - 145.068 / 554.109
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (Nintendo) {2004.11.04} - 92.882 / 235.400
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords (Nintendo) {2003.03.14} - 84.107 / 293.989
[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Nintendo) {2004.03.18} - 54.782 / 127.399
[NGB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Nintendo) {1998.12.12} - 49.513 / 314.224
[GBA] Famicom Mini: The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo) {2004.02.14} - 36.861 / 217.901
[GBA] Famicom Mini: Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (Nintendo) {2004.08.10} - 35.335 / 141.826
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} - 31.154 / NEW
:shaq2

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4574 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »
Well waddya expect

Himu

« Reply #4575 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Is that from media create
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #4576 on: October 02, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »
OoT 3D first week outselling TP's first week. :snoop

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4577 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
OoT 3D first week outselling TP's first week. :snoop

:yeshrug
dog

Cascade

« Reply #4578 on: October 02, 2013, 01:01:21 PM »
Feeling pretty good about my WW 200k first month/1 million LTD prediction now.
Is a million WW seriously possible based on the Japanese sales (I know they exclude the eShop but Nintendo aren't known for their high DD ratios).

Takao

« Reply #4579 on: October 02, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
:lol at those NES ports on GBA selling better

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4580 on: October 02, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
 :dead

Um...digital sales maybe?

Anyone?  No? 

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4581 on: October 02, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
Guess HD was overrated after all.
©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #4582 on: October 02, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »
Luigi's Mansion 2 outsold all but one Zelda game in Japan? Is it that Zelda isn't popular in Japan (everywhere?) or was Luigi's Mansion 2 hugely successful?

Tasty

« Reply #4583 on: October 02, 2013, 04:46:44 PM »
Luigi's Mansion 2 outsold all but one Zelda game in Japan? Is it that Zelda isn't popular in Japan (everywhere?) or was Luigi's Mansion 2 hugely successful?

Both. I don't think Zelda's ever been mega huge in Japan. OoT made it a juggernaut in the States.

Himu

« Reply #4584 on: October 02, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »
Going by those numbers it was popular enough at one point in Japan. The drop off in lifetime sales from TP to SS is an eye opener.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4585 on: October 02, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
Yeah, Zelda was huge as a kid even before OoT.  LA was practically the required GB game next to Tetris and Wario Land in pre Pokemon days back then, then there's LttP and Zelda 1.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4586 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
Where is the data on TP for GC?
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4587 on: October 02, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
How was Phantom Hourglass so successful? That was one of the worst games in the series (Spirit Tracks is the only one worse)...
^_^

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4588 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »
I hated the touch controls so much I stopped playing even before revisiting the main dungeon could annoy me.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4589 on: October 02, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »
I mostly enjoyed PH, I'd never play it again though. Spirit Tracks, now that was complete shit.

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4590 on: October 02, 2013, 09:10:09 PM »
so - question

There's the often rumoured but almost certainly bullsh1t rumour that Nintendo forces stores to keep second hand prices of first party games artificially inflated.

Now this isn't something i've ever bought into - but when i went to buy Windwaker HD, i happened to notice that there was a second hand copy available but marked as unopened and new. So i bought it because, well, it was significantly cheaper than buying a new copy.

Thing is - when i handed it to the guy , he simply grabbed a new copy from the pile and rang that through, as i left the 2nd hand box went straight back on the shelf.

so it got me wondering... if the rumour of pressure is there, is this the loop hole?  I mean, it was a bit weird, and the second hand NEW box was still on the shelf in the same place yesterday. Will see if it's there again tomorrow. (It was 4280 yen btw vs... 5080? and of course... i've not played it yet)
O=X

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4591 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
well, as i said upfront - i don't believe it - but why on earth do what they did unless it was an honest genuine mistake (or the pile of shrink wrapped games were actually all returns) - also, bear in mind Nintendo have previous for (albeit a different kind of) price fixing, but anyhow, it's not important.

the very real thing out of all this is 30k sales and , really, i think that's Japan just yawning at everything that's not Monster Hunter. Sales figures are looking pretty horrific across the board for everything and whilst i personally didn't expect anything less than what Zelda did (HD remake of one of the least popular console Zeldas on a platform with all the appeal of roadkill) I'm sure people everywhere have the  :o face whilst this was entirely predictable.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:47:04 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Tasty

« Reply #4592 on: October 03, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »

How was Phantom Hourglass so successful? That was one of the worst games in the series (Spirit Tracks is the only one worse)...

It was better than Windwaker, real talk.

:what

Guess I should finish WW HD before commenting... But still, my memory can't be THAT bad...

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4593 on: October 03, 2013, 12:36:46 AM »
MH4 back in stock everywhere ! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
O=X

archnemesis

« Reply #4594 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »
I don't know why anyone would have high expectations for an enhanced port to begin with. Especially when it's being released for the Wii U.

archnemesis

« Reply #4595 on: October 03, 2013, 04:40:35 AM »
What's next for the Wii U in Japan? Do you think Mario 3D U, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U or Taiko no Tatsujin U will move a significant amount of hardware?

mjemirzian

« Reply #4596 on: October 03, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
A lot of my favorite JP tactics game series or developers are gone, but thankfully western indie devs are picking up the slack.

I'm not sure it's a good comparison to compare sales of a HD remake on a struggling system to random uguu crap.

Takao

« Reply #4597 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
okay, i've sorted it, feit is some bizarre hybrid nintard/he-man japan hater.  today he was admonishing japan because something he respected (windwaker hd) was outsold by something he found disgusting (oreimo, though if we listed everything that beat wwhd we'd be here forever).  being skeeved by oreimo is fine, but neither one sold much at all, so i don't really see how japan failed here.

Was this some article on a site, or just some guy whinning on Twitter? If it was an article, please tell me it was titled "My Little Link Can't Possibly Sell This Poorly".

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4598 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:12 PM »
A lot of my favorite JP tactics game series or developers are gone, but thankfully western indie devs are picking up the slack.

I'm not sure it's a good comparison to compare sales of a HD remake on a struggling system to random uguu crap.

I just bought Farland Story for Saturn, you ever play that one?
^_^

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4599 on: October 04, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
MH4 sold out again.... lol.
O=X

Tasty

« Reply #4600 on: October 04, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
MH4 sold out again.... lol.

They all saw your post and ran out to get copies.

The digital sales must be through the roof. Wonder when Nintendo/Capcom will comment on the breakdown.

mjemirzian

« Reply #4601 on: October 05, 2013, 07:37:27 AM »
I just bought Farland Story for Saturn, you ever play that one?
I've heard of it, never played it. Looks like a pretty average fantasy SRPG.

Pringo

« Reply #4602 on: October 09, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2013 (Sep 30 - Oct 06)

01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 164.593 / 2.706.707 <80-100%> (-30%)
02./03. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.26} (¥6.615) - 25.624 / 108.610 <80-100%> (-69%)
03./05. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day <ACT> (From Software) {2013.09.26} (¥6.800) - 16.026 / 85.637 <60-80%> (-77%)
04./04. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥8.190) - 10.172 / 82.040 <80-100%> (-86%)
05./02. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) - 9.864 / 103.538 <80-100%> (-89%)
06./08. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.26} (¥6.090) - 7.862 / 32.687 <60-80%> (-68%)
07./12. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 7.837 / 3.831.323 <80-100%> (-7%)
08./06. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} (¥5.985) - 7.052 / 38.206 <40-60%> (-77%)
09./11. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01} (¥5.480) - 6.557 / 280.296 <80-100%> (-25%)
10./14. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) - 5.889 / 1.439.725 <80-100%> (-19%)
11./15. [3DS] Youkai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 5.691 / 199.204 <80-100%> (-19%)
12./13. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 5.458 / 223.102 <80-100%> (-28%)
13./16. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2013.07.18} (¥4.800) - 4.934 / 327.223 <80-100%> (-23%)
14./07. [PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.09.26} (¥7.480) - 3.574 / 29.852 <60-80%> (-86%)
15./23. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 3.433 / 917.271 <80-100%> (-6%)
16./00. [3DS] SPEC: Ten <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.10.03} (¥5.480) - 3.214 / NEW <20-40%>
17./18. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 3.027 / 450.412 <80-100%> (-45%)
18./21. [3DS] Disney Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.09.26} (¥5.040) - 2.905 / 7.727 <20-40%> (-40%)
19./25. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800) - 2.831 / 2.116.939 <80-100%> (-19%)
20./17. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 with Power-Up Kit <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.26} (¥10.290) - 2.660 / 8.355 <40-60%> (-53%)
21./28. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 2.636 / 2.090.047 <80-100%> (-9%)
22./29. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.06.13} (¥4.800) - 2.311 / 243.886 <80-100%> (-13%)
23./00. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 2.179 / 521.627 <80-100%>
24./27. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 2.143 / 573.112 <80-100%> (-32%)
25./09. [PS3] Arcadias no Ikusahime <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) - 2.129 / 11.983 <60-80%> (-78%)
26./00. [WII] New Play Control! Pikmin 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.03.12} (¥3.800) - 2.041 / 180.817 <80-100%>
27./00. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040) - 1.982 / 512.554 <80-100%>
28./26. [3DS] Nobunaga's Ambition <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.19} (¥5.040) - 1.955 / 13.252 <60-80%> (-40%)
29./10. [PSP] Meiji Toukyou Renka # <ADV> (Broccoli) {2013.09.26} (¥6.090) - 1.844 / 11.320 <80-100%> (-81%)
30./00. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Dubbed Edition (Bargain Edition) <ACT> (Square Enix) {2013.09.05} (¥3.990) - 1.759 / 14.349 <60-80%>

Top 30

3DS - 15
PS3 - 9
PSV - 2
WII - 2
PSP - 1
WIU - 1

HARDWARE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS # |    117.739 |    139.808 |     58.233 |  3.254.620 |  3.440.114 |  13.017.122 |
|  PS3  |     11.152 |     11.747 |     43.870 |    628.825 |    940.295 |   9.373.158 |
|  WIU  |      3.853 |      5.560 |            |    436.816 |            |   1.075.155 |
|  PSV  |      3.670 |      6.436 |      8.118 |    700.221 |    552.471 |   1.777.380 |
| PSP # |      3.557 |      4.042 |     16.596 |    374.824 |    691.708 |  19.553.924 |
|  WII  |      1.096 |        967 |      4.282 |     62.517 |    419.348 |  12.723.259 |
|  360  |        362 |        346 |      4.568 |     14.890 |     46.881 |   1.602.901 |
|  ALL  |    141.429 |    168.944 |    136.216 |  5.479.296 |  6.136.747 |  81.109.837 |
|  PSP  |      3.557 |      4.042 |     16.596 |    374.824 |    691.708 |  19.393.349 |

mjemirzian

« Reply #4603 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »
Didn't realize Armored Core was still that popular.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4604 on: October 09, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »
Outside of the 3DS, those hardware numbers are utterly abysmal.
dog

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4605 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
360  |        362 |        346

well... i laughed.
O=X

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4606 on: October 10, 2013, 04:27:58 AM »
360  |        362 |        346

well... i laughed.

which one is the right number?  :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:31:15 AM by Purple Filth »

Cascade

« Reply #4607 on: October 12, 2013, 07:01:20 AM »
Outside of the 3DS, those hardware numbers are utterly abysmal.
*Sigh*, people can be so shortsighted. There were many angles Sony took to make the vita salvageable so this is not the only picture. If the 2000 version won't spike sale (which we have no Idea other than one picture and heresy) then Sony will rely on the Vita TV to boost the Vita-line's userbase. If that fails they can rely on the synergy of the ps4 and remote play. If that fails I believe they'll start to bundle the Vita with the ps4 to increase the userbase.

Sony mentioned that when people own a vita, they love it and that's what they're banking on. Getting vitas in more hands because they have fate in the line. No, the vita 2000 was not going to set ablaze the charts with MH and PM launching within weeks of eachother but maybe it'll gain exposure from the traffic. So when you look at Sony's strategy on a greater scale, they're not trying to win a single battle. They're trying to win a war of sorts. Trying to stay relevance in a world of phones and tablets.

And speaking of which, I hope Nintendo has some thing lined up in 2014 cause those two games won't hold for 2 years. The next PM and MH will take time to make and Sony will be left with that window of time rebuild and solidify new Ips like Tokeden, SS, Freedom wars, GR, or whatever during that timeframe. Remember, it took 4 year to create the monster that is MH.

Tasty

« Reply #4608 on: October 12, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »
Almost got me, but then I remembered typing "*sigh*" is one of the telltale signs of  :expert

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4609 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:12 AM »
EG
Annual Activision bullet-fest Call of Duty: Ghosts has zipped straight to the top of the UK all-formats chart.

62 per cent of sales were recorded on Xbox 360, 34 per cent on PlayStation 3 and 3 per cent on PS4, even though the copies won't be playable for another three weeks.

Wii U and physical PC sales counted for less than a single per cent of the game's total.

Sales-wise, the PlayStation 4 version of Ghosts was this week's seventh best-selling game, if all SKUs were counted separately - more than the PS3 versions of Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4.

Battlefield 4 was second this week, while Assassin's Creed 4 fell to third.

FIFA 14 was fourth, GTA5 was fifth and Batman: Arkham Origins was sixth, ahead of WWE 2K14, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Football Manager 2014 and Skylanders Swap Force.

Outside of the top 10, Nintendo's latest Professor Layton title, the excellent Azaran Legacy for 3DS, turned up in 13th.

Weeeeeeeeoooo
cat

Takao

« Reply #4610 on: November 11, 2013, 04:23:02 AM »
That's the one platform Wii U has a larger userbase than too

ssssshhhhiiiitttt

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4611 on: November 11, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/call-of-duty-sales-tumble-50-but-how-bad-is-it/0124060
Call of Duty: Ghosts UK launch sales are around 50 per cent lower than Call of Duty: Black Ops II, retail sources have told MCV.

COD :violin

Next gen to the rescue(about 800k needed to match BO2 launch sales).
 :rejoice
cat

archie4208

« Reply #4612 on: November 11, 2013, 08:02:08 AM »
I can't wait to see the next gen bloodbath.  :drool

hampster

« Reply #4613 on: November 12, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »
The Oscar sales thread without Oscar :-\

The mental gymnastics in the gaf thread about the cod sales was truly impressive. Its time for them to abandon the general board and huddle together in a protective thread. You never see the vita owners bugging anyone these days. They just hide out in their own thread having fun
Zzz

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4614 on: November 12, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »
Vita "fans" are in PS4 remote play begging threads.I guess hope dies last...
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4615 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:01 AM »
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gta-v-uk-sales-bigger-than-battlefield-call-of-duty-batman-pokemon-and-assassin-s-creed-combined/0124337
Grand Theft Auto V Week One sales = FIFA 14 week one + Call of Duty: Ghosts week one + Battlefield 4 week one + Pokemon X and Y week one + Assassin's Creed IV week One + Batman week one.

NPD is in few hours,btw
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4616 on: November 14, 2013, 11:29:40 AM »
I'm hoping CoD:Ghosts has a noticeable dip this year 

Tasty

« Reply #4617 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »

Everything will dip this year cause this industry is going down in flames.

Purge by fire. :rejoice

archie4208

« Reply #4618 on: November 14, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »

Everything will dip this year cause this industry is going down in flames.

Purge by fire. :rejoice

PC is still doing fine.  :smug

Steam growing 30% YoY :bow2

Games like League of Legends and World of Tanks having millions of concurrent users and generating tons of revenue :bow2

Indie games being profitable after a few hours :bow2

MCD

• Fastest selling shit