Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1184711 times)

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #5640 on: February 14, 2014, 07:34:26 PM »
His ps2 argument has been covered, it was actually supply constrained.  Like no one could get their hands on one, just like the Wii.  Doing marginally better than the ps3 isn't really anything to trumpet, especially when the rest of the industry is burning down (I doubt people realize that Sony needs the rest of the industry to be healthy if it's going to sell at mediocre levels).
vin

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5641 on: February 14, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
The tablet and smartphone explosion also refute the economic downturn angle.

Here's a chart for illustration...

Unzip

Himu

« Reply #5642 on: February 14, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
I know the ps2 argument was covered by oscar. But Damian responded like a page late and I had to tell him it was old news.
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #5643 on: February 14, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
I thought you wanted numbers.  My bad.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #5644 on: February 15, 2014, 04:24:55 AM »
Seems Sony will be the last man standing after MS and Nintendo bite the dust during the apocalypse.

One console future will be here, through natural selection.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #5645 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
If PS4 doesn't turn a profit pronto its going to become a subsidiary of the VAIO subsidiary

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5646 on: February 15, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
The thirst isn't over yet.

Still out of stock in basically all retailers. Only $499 bundles left since today

Amazon out of stock again

Ps4 is still #1 in Amazon, Xdone is #27

Can't wait to see february NPD.  :neogaf
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:26:52 AM by Third »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5648 on: February 15, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »
I hope it's true. Sony needs competition. They're the only player left now.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5650 on: February 15, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »
But have you been fellating it to completion as much as instructed? Better start pronto.
Unzip

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #5651 on: February 15, 2014, 09:40:58 AM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769583

MCD on suicide watch.

hilarious as it would be, that guy is a total rainmaker and an attention whore.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5652 on: February 15, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »

"Hurry, it won't last long!"

Maybe they're right. And I'm not talking about supply.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #5654 on: February 15, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
i'm sorry to do this but BAN THIRD
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5655 on: February 15, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »
MODS HALP.

Himu

« Reply #5656 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:27 AM »
Come on mods. Back in the day you guys would have banned him and maybe others too because they're ruining discussion, much like TBS and Diablos did. I know you guys don't really wanna moderate here because for the most part Bore is a self moderating forum, but this is a textbook case of a need of a ban or at least a ban warning.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:19:21 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5657 on: February 15, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
Huh, what did I do

:umad

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5658 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
Third and Lagerless have both been worthless posters for over 3 months now but ignore is there for a reason

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5659 on: February 15, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
Huh, what did I do

:umad

Posting like a bitch, and not enough nudes.

Who you even arguing with, bitch?

How about you show us your cock, bitch?
Unzip

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5660 on: February 15, 2014, 11:39:32 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa

Let's not insult all of the noble bitches of the world by lumping them in with Third
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5661 on: February 15, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »
Would saying Third is to Sony what Flame of Callandor was to Ron Paul be accurate?

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5662 on: February 15, 2014, 11:51:17 AM »
You guys are no fun  :'(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #5663 on: February 15, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »
I just made a list of games I want to play on the ps3 and I counted 44. This doesnt even include PC games which would probably put it over 50 easy.

Shit is just insane, ive already started 5 of them.

I think this is the biggest problem the industry has, enthousiasts that wont pay 60 euro a game anymore. My buddies are the same really. Last game I paid 60 for was Fifa 14 and before that Diablo 3. Thats one full priced game a year.

Meanwhile I bought around 10 second hand ps3 games for under a 100.

Cascade

« Reply #5664 on: February 15, 2014, 12:56:15 PM »
Third and Lagerless have both been worthless posters for over 3 months now but ignore is there for a reason
Don't forget Methodis, he's just as bad. Why was he ever unlepered anyway?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #5665 on: February 15, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
At least the worst of the shit posting has been confined to this thread recently for the most part.

Yeah. Next gen has made the quality of bad posters even worse. But I also feel like people feed the trolls. And that only encourages them even more. (I've certainly been guilty of this myself)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5666 on: February 15, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
At least the worst of the shit posting has been confined to this thread recently for the most part.

Yeah. Next gen has made the quality of bad posters even worse. But I also feel like people feed the trolls. And that only encourages them even more. (I've certainly been guilty of this myself)

I think the reason why the bolded exists is because there is now an air of desperation with these fanboys.  Sony is in terrible shape financially, investors want Microsoft to kill the Xbox brand, and the Wii U fell flat on its face with no sign of improvement.  Add in the failure that is the Vita and the 3DS tracking below the GBA, and you get a lot of dumb shit getting posted.

As I touched on before, the days of Microsoft vs. Sony vs. Nintendo are over.  It's now PC vs. traditional consoles/handhelds vs. smartphones/tablets.  Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are going to be fighting over a smaller piece of the pie that appears to be shrinking as we speak.  Doesn't mean that all three consoles are going to be failures but the 100m each that was predicted is laughable.  100m combined maybe, but not each.  I hate touchscreen gaming but looks like it is the future, it is what it is.  I can either play the thousands of good games I never got around to playing, stick to the PC, or move on from gaming in general.
🍆🍆

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5667 on: February 15, 2014, 04:10:31 PM »
I assume console gaming will always be around. I'm not much of a PC gamer and I get bored with handheld gaming for some reason, so I will just go with the flow of console gaming. I'm not interested in buying a ton of "AAA" games anyways or multiple consoles so a shrinking market and consolidated industry will probably suit me just fine.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5668 on: February 15, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »
I assume console gaming will always be around. I'm not much of a PC gamer and I get bored with handheld gaming for some reason, so I will just go with the flow of console gaming. I'm not interested in buying a ton of "AAA" games anyways or multiple consoles so a shrinking market and consolidated industry will probably suit me just fine.

honestly console gaming existed because japanese console games were a thing... final fantasy, metal gear, all of the arcadey namco games like ridge racer and tekken, the konami stuff... with all of this gone there is no point into having a console other than premium price's
<----

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5669 on: February 15, 2014, 05:09:05 PM »

honestly console gaming existed because japanese console games were a thing... final fantasy, metal gear, all of the arcadey namco games like ridge racer and tekken, the konami stuff... with all of this gone there is no point into having a console other than premium price's

:ufup :uguu
yar

Stoney Mason

« Reply #5670 on: February 15, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »

I've owned consoles all my life. Pre-Japan and post Japan. And you couldn't be more wrong. Which is fine. We are entitled to like what we like.

I will always game on a mainstream gaming device. Whether that is a "console" device made by some mega corporation or a very slimmed down PC. PC games are great. But there will ALWAYS be some kind of device to play games on that simplifies the process compared to a full PC. If the current consoles morph into something else or become a hybrid with something else who cares. Gaming is here to stay. It's not like the 80's where people thought for a short time maybe it was all a fad.

Which is why I don't care which mega-corporation puts out the device. I've owned two Microsoft consoles in a row. And if MS pulled out of the market tomorrow I wouldn't care. Because somebody will fill that void. '

Sales are fine as an example of understanding reality. I think its very healthy in that regard so people understand why a company like Sega pulled out versus being shocked and confused when such things happen. But sales for cheerleading purposes has never interested me. In fact its rather weird behavior but people are entitled to their own weird behaviors. Certainly I have mine. As long as it doesn't shit up actual threads about actual games then I'm fine with it. That was a problem on here for most of last year unfortunately. Things recently seem to have cleared up to a large degree thank god as people recognize who the shitbirds are and the novelty of the whole thing has wore thin.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:23:51 PM by Stoney Mason »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5671 on: February 15, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
I pay the "premium price" for consoles for simplicity. Plug it in, sit on my couch and throw a disc in to play. I know how to build a PC and I have spent my fair share of time playing PC games. Sometimes I want to buy one so I can get the sweet new graphics and resolutions. But then I go into threads like the Titan fall one on GAF where people are troubleshooting drivers and shit. I can't be bothered honestly. I'll stick with whatever the console market turns into. I'm OCD enough as it is. I don't need PC gaming tweaks in my arsenal of ways to waste time.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5672 on: February 15, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »
But isn't this their first worldwide launch? 4.2 million units by the end of December is a lot more than what old Sony would be able to secure, by your own admission if I'm not mistaken. There could be strategically refreshing their channels to paint a more positive outlook but I do believe they're trying ship as much as they can (availability patterns among retailers is one sign) especially when the xbone is readily available everywhere.

Unzip

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5673 on: February 15, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
the fun e thing is that its over for xbox barring a fukkin miracle
USA

Himu

« Reply #5674 on: February 15, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »

I think consoles will still exist but the AAA games are going to fuck most developers and pubs that aren't people like Rockstar and Blizzard. Indie, f2p are the future. most developers will make an attempt trying to chase GTAV money and fail in the process or adapt and move on to making cheaper titles. Indie games will pick up the scraps and a new industry will be born.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:14:24 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5675 on: February 15, 2014, 08:16:43 PM »
But isn't this their first worldwide launch? 4.2 million units by the end of December is a lot more than what old Sony would be able to secure, by your own admission if I'm not mistaken. There could be strategically refreshing their channels to paint a more positive outlook but I do believe they're trying ship as much as they can (availability patterns among retailers is one sign) especially when the xbone is readily available everywhere.

pff they're not even launching in japan, so this is basically just like last gen where they had no problem shipping enough ps3s to meet demand in two major regions

i think it's pretty obvious sony's deliberately choking the channels to try to recreate that ps2/wii magic with their little lame duck since they know they have no viable competition

Last gen it was NA and a 90k-ish initial shipment for JP. Europe followed much later. Right? Iirc, numbers have shows that this launch has a shipment size and # of launch regions way beyond the PS 2 and PS1 launches (spreading themselves too thin is a fair criticism though).

The reason behind neglecting Japan for a few months is understandable as well— that region doesn't give two shits about consoles anymore and has no console competitor other than their own PS3.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:25:27 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5676 on: February 15, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »
Quality of hardware has definitely taken a hit. Cheap, wobbly plastic and a rubber finish thinner than Third's dad's condoms.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:35:59 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5677 on: February 15, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »

I think consoles will still exist but the AAA games are going to fuck most developers and pubs that aren't people like Rockstar and Blizzard. Indie, f2p are the future. most developers will make an attempt trying to chase GTAV money and fail in the process or adapt and move on to making cheaper titles. Indie games will pick up the scraps and a new industry will be born.
so nothing of value will be lost. Most AAA games are AAA turds. Sounds like we'll all be better

Himu

« Reply #5678 on: February 15, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
I can do that without investing in PC games. Most of the great indie titles are on consoles.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5679 on: February 15, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »
You're right. It is true. Can't wait to play Spelunky tonight.

On my ps3. :umad
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5680 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »

so nothing of value will be lost. Most AAA games are AAA turds. Sounds like we'll all be better

if you dont like AAA games, might be time to give PC gaming another look :yeshrug
if the amount of games on consoles ever gets dry enough for me. Not currently there yet though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5681 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
The game I've played more than any game since Skyrim, is a PC exclusive: Might & Magic X.
dog

Himu

« Reply #5682 on: February 15, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
Hate people shilling platforms unless it is PC, brehs
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5683 on: February 15, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »
That's a fact, but it isn't to the point where you NEED a PC to find an alternative to AAA gaming. The best medium right now is a combo of PC and console, so the PC fellatio comes off as distinguished mentally-challenged and a tiny bit less annoying than Third/Methodis.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:19:45 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5684 on: February 15, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
If you can think of any other group who seriously gushes whenever their platform is doing well (any Archie post) aside from Third/Methodis/Lager I'd like to know. Can't wait for the next 1 million PC seller and the PC master race to rub this fact in everyone's faces, but yeah, definitely not as annoying as the ps4 sloots.
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #5685 on: February 15, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »
it's not that i want to talk about PC. i just don't want to talk about consoles anymore. it brings me down.

it's best just to remember the good times.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:48:32 PM by headwalk »

Himu

« Reply #5686 on: February 16, 2014, 12:09:46 AM »
dislikes people ignoring non-AAA on consoles

completely ignores the mobile market

I don't wholly ignore mobile. Like with PC, I simply do not play on it that often. But unlike pc, i have a lot less nice things to say about mobile. It isn't that I ignore mobile, the main issue is that i have android. The Room 2 is on android and I got that. If something is on mobile and interests me I'll support it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:15:36 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5687 on: February 16, 2014, 12:11:35 AM »
Eh I just don't care about indies. Very few have what I want. I enjoyed Outlast and Bastion, but you can get those on consoles as well.

Then again I don't have a problem with AAA gaming that everyone likes to bash(also annoying). Whatever I like cutscenes, movie like experinces, and whatever. Don't get that in indie games.

PC gaming is fine even great, but it's fans are the most annoying. I don't need to be reminded how awesome the PC is. How stupid consoles are and whatever. I like PC gaming, but annoys me with how random it can be and all that tourbleshooting crap. I like console gaming because I put the disc in and it works and that's it. It's easy and conveinet.

I don't want console gaming to go away because I can't stand handhelds and mobiles. I mean I guess if it did of just devote time and money to PC and deal with it.  I don't really care what console wins as long as it's not Nintendo. Sony, MS, Apple, Amazon whatever. Whoever has games I want. If we come down to one console with just a few AAA titles well I guess that will be fine.

I do agree with Lager that all the doom and gloom is annoying, but so is being told that Xbox is dead in every thread.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:18:50 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #5688 on: February 16, 2014, 12:19:29 AM »
I enjoy cutscenes, movie experiences, and other stuff as well. But most AAA are trash and are ruining the industry with their pursuit of the lowest common denominator. Games like GTAV deserve their sales. I can't say the same for games like Call of Duty: Ghosts. Variety is great and indie stands as the prime alternative to AAA. It used to be you could find other sources of mainstream gaming that weren't trying to go for big budget Hollywood experiences. B studios are dead, and most b franchises are dead. This leaves either AAA, or indie. Thankfully I can enjoy both. Bht most of my game time is spent on digital titles which are usually indie.

As for the doom and gloom, what's wrong with it? They're right. The industry is worrying and is incredibly fucked in a number of ways due to its own excess.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:21:13 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #5689 on: February 16, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
The PC guys on here are fine. They like their platform. They enjoy the games on it. They prefer it over a console. And the ribbing is done in jest mostly. Everybody has a sense a proportion and a sense of humour.

The (worst) PC guys on GAF are the most insufferable, annoying, whiny, wanna be validated group of assholes to ever walk the earth.

I feel roughly the same way about "indie games". It's fine over here. It feels in proper proportion. I couldn't tolerate GAF with every thread being a veiled guess how hip I am because I like insert X indie game.

So basically to sum up GAF sucks and the bore is much better.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:24:37 AM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

« Reply #5690 on: February 16, 2014, 12:22:22 AM »
it's not that i want to talk about PC. i just don't want to talk about consoles anymore. it brings me down.

it's best just to remember the good times.

I love PC gaming. Which is why the its ardent fan base gets to me. Then again we all have a history of tribalism. I used to do the same thing with handhelds.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5691 on: February 16, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
The PC guys on here are fine. They like their platform. They enjoy the games on it. They prefer it over a console. And the ribbing is done in jest mostly. Everybody has a sense a proportion and a sense of humour.

The PC guys on GAF are the most insufferable, annoying, whiny, wanna be validated group of assholes to ever walk the earth.

I feel roughly the same way about "indie games". It's fine over here. I couldn't tolerate GAF with every thread being guess how hip I am because I like Insert X indie game.

So basically to sum up GAF sucks and the bore is much better.

Sometimes you forget you're not on other sites and instantly eye roll when you see PC gamer stuff. It really becomes habit haha.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5692 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:59 AM »
I've been paying a lot more attention to mobile recently to be fair. I got Flappy Doge!
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #5693 on: February 16, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »
:what

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5694 on: February 16, 2014, 02:28:03 AM »
Lol

Himu

« Reply #5695 on: February 16, 2014, 02:54:53 AM »
:smug
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #5696 on: February 16, 2014, 03:33:43 AM »

dislikes people ignoring non-AAA on consoles

completely ignores the mobile market

I don't wholly ignore mobile. Like with PC, I simply do not play on it that often. But unlike pc, i have a lot less nice things to say about mobile. It isn't that I ignore mobile, the main issue is that i have android. The Room 2 is on android and I got that. If something is on mobile and interests me I'll support it.

You'd have to be paying attention to it for anything to interest.

It's like these wankers getting all hype over Minter's latest special snowflake on Vita.  You can't swing a dead cat without hitting 20 Minter-calibre releases on iOS.  Better, even.  Which is why Minter left iOS in a huff.  His shit didn't sell cuz a bunch of people do his shtick only 10x better on mobile.

Is Minter the Llamasoft guy?

Himuro you should really switch to iOS if you are a gamer, having android is like only having linux on PC cause its "so customizable" and not having anything to play.

I used to have android but I decided to go where the games are.

Himu

« Reply #5697 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
I'm going to get an iphone as soon as able. I thought I could upgrade earlier this month but, apparently not.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5698 on: February 16, 2014, 04:20:30 AM »
Yup, Jeff 'Llamasoft' Minter.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #5699 on: February 16, 2014, 04:23:38 AM »
Good man.

I was quite shocked after the switch at the difference in choice. Demi often has scoops on nice freebies.

Just a shame there is no reliable media to know whats ok, you can only trust forums and Oscars reviews are ok too. Then again the entry price is so low its not like youre pissing away money.