Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1184617 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Himu, sorry for such a low blow. I just couldn't resist the word play :( I'll always take a stupid pun over doing the right thing.

Thanks for knowing I didn't mean anything by it - I'll try to show better judgment in the future. Love ya boo. :-[
乱学者

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Considering how Patel gets asshurt over social justice issues on twitter, I was legitimately surprised to see that post.

Is Wii>>>Wii U transition the worst one ever? Poor Nintendo.

I can think of one worse. :teehee

you shouldn't talk about Himu like that
🍆🍆

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
WE ALWAYS HURT THE ONES WE LOVE THE MOST
乱学者

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
supposedly around 50k-60k for week 2, which would be like an 80% drop.  and I know for a *fact* it's not sold out here, in the general sense.

Quote from: some gaffer
PSV (LD: December 17th, 2011) - 324,859 --> 72,479 ( -77.7%)
Wii U (LD: December 8th, 2012) - 308,570 --> 130,653 ( -57.7%)

Rumoured

PS4 (LD: February 22nd, 2014) - 322,083 --> 50,000/60,000 ( -84.5%/ -81.4%)

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Damn those shortages.
Unzip

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Damn those shortages.

Yeah, just think what the Wii U could have done with more stock.
©@©™

Tasty

supposedly around 50k-60k for week 2, which would be like an 80% drop.  and I know for a *fact* it's not sold out here, in the general sense.

Quote from: some gaffer
PSV (LD: December 17th, 2011) - 324,859 --> 72,479 ( -77.7%)
Wii U (LD: December 8th, 2012) - 308,570 --> 130,653 ( -57.7%)

Rumoured

PS4 (LD: February 22nd, 2014) - 322,083 --> 50,000/60,000 ( -84.5%/ -81.4%)

PS4 failing harder than Wii U week-over-week :miyamoto

archie4208

Are consoles dead again?

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
Tokyo looks pretty sold out of ps4s right now - believe what narative makes your nipples hard, people

Come to tokyo - bring ps4s !

Its sold out - i know its hard for people to accept but in built up areas they really are hard to come by.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:40:52 AM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Man oscar needs consoles to fail or he wont get paid shut up DC

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Are consoles dead again?

The Xbone is.  :sabu
dog

archie4208

Third

• BODY TALK
Tokyo looks pretty sold out of ps4s right now - believe what narative makes your nipples hard, people

Its sold out - i know its hard for people to accept but in built up areas they really are hard to come by.

Hmmm, who to believe. Someone that lives in Tokyo and can't find a Ps4 on the shelves.
Or a bitter Sega fanboy that saw a few Ps4's sitting on the shelf of a local obscure mom&pop shop.

Tasty

Actually if you could read he said that they were sold out in dedicated (ie videogame) stores but available at bigger general stores.

Jeez,  now you have me leaping to Oscar's defense like fandrex :snoop

Good job, alt. :jawalrus

Himu

Hmmm, who to believe. Someone that lives in Tokyo and can't find a Ps4 on the shelves.
Or a bitter Sega fanboy that saw a few Ps4's sitting on the shelf of a local obscure mom&pop shop.

Oscar lives in the sticks in Japan. That's a much better barometer for success and trends than a metropolitan city like Tokyo.
IYKYK

Takao

Knack won't be able to outsell Super Mario 3D World in Japan because it's getting bounced from PS4 bundles. It's a true tragedy.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
That.... That actually implies it is already dead.  Part of the *two* down, yes?

Is it really fair to count the Wii U as a whole console?
乱学者

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Don't you do that with the Xbone though? And now it's suddenly idiotic to bring up anecdotal evidence when it doesn't work in your favor?

Man, you become more and more of a joke with every post, Third. I know you well enough to know that you probably have a decent life outside of the internet, why the fuck get up in arms about console wars now? The PS3 getting shat on how many years ago left you bitter or something?

Fandrex #3 up in dis bitch.
Third isn't dumb, he's just trolling us. I mean, I do believe he's a big Sony fan, but I don't think he's stupid enough to believe that PS4 is sailing under clear blue skies and a strong wind.

That.... That actually implies it is already dead.  Part of the *two* down, yes?

Is it really fair to count the Wii U as a whole console?

Yeah, WiiU is actually more of a handicapped portable. Or is that "differently abled" nowadays?

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Are you referring to the 13.6m ww figure? I was going to ask about how it stacks up when aligned with other system launchs.
Unzip

I think digital sales would be higher if not for bandwidth shortages.

Himu

DIGITAL SALES ARE HALF THOSE SALES OSCAR WE AREN'T GETTING THE FULL PICTURE
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I think digital sales would be higher if not for bandwidth shortages.

:deadpos
Unzip

DCharlieJP

• Icon
Specifically, the crappy software sales. 

given 2nd hand buy back prices at Aki and some titles (despite low sales) not being available suggests that pubs went with small shipments. Looking at the % sold through a lot of games according to Chris1964 (from Shinovi) are at 80-100% sell through.

Added to that - A lot of places are offering close to 100% of the price to buy second hand games - it's not quite the simple doom narrative i don't think.

You can only sell what is there to sell, though of course the point is that the appetite still maybe gone for consoles - and that's a longtail discussion

And the line up is what? Knack? Killzone? NBA? Fifa?

The basic take away is that it's hard to draw conclusions either way - it's early days and for each positive post, there's a negative one and everyone seems to be clambering over the data to get it to fit whichever side of the DOOM!/WIN! story they want to be.

PS4 will be fine, it's doing better than people expected despite an awful Japanese line up and a relatively high price.

O=X

Tasty

fine, it will be fine.

you're right, i'm wrong.

Don't be so hard on yourself, DC is obviously just a delusional fanboy.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You being infallible is central to my belief system. :'(
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I just came up with an awesome theory where Titanfall will hurt Xbone sales.

If a dudebro is faced with the option of getting Titanfall for 360 or PC aaaand get the PS4 and still be cheaper off... Ouch!

DCharlieJP

• Icon

if it's any consolation to everyone -- i too am sorry that the PS4 hasn't utterly bombed and seems to actually look like doing okay

I know it's sad but i'm sure if we all just band together we can make it through this horrible turn of events - and we can look to the silver lining that it MIGHT just bomb down the line - after all, one day of sun does not equate to a summer and it could utterly bomb from here on out, so fingers crossed and THEN we can move on with our gaming lives !

If there was a time for there to be ONE victorious console - now is that time - a neck and neck two horse race might not be what we need right now. Once clear winner please.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:28:23 AM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
fine, it will be fine.

you're right, i'm wrong.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You being infallible is central to my belief system. :'(
[close]

Exude fatherlessness on the internet, brehs (Image removed from quote.)

It takes a village to raise an Andrex.
©@©™

Tasty

I am the sum of everyone on the Bore.

I'm a strong independent homo woman who don't need no man. :gurl

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Here are the latest Media Create console hardware sales for the week of Feb 24 - Mar 2, the PS4 sold 66k units in the second week, and according to retailers Sony shipped 380k units of PS4 in the first two weeks, and the PS4 has sold out in Japan; next shipment arrived on Mar 4, which will be counted toward next week's sales.....

PS4 - 65,685 [374,839]
    3DS LL - 26,027 [351,349]
    PS Vita - 21,581 [238,761]
    PS3 - 13,155 [139,237]
    3DS - 11,986 [166,677]
    Wii U - 8,204 [125,869]
    PSP - 3,652 [41,574]
    PS Vita TV - 1,543 [19,148]
    Xbox 360 - 257 [2,469]

Has the Vita TV PS4 update been released yet?

And I can't even remember now- is the XBone going to be released in Japan?
ど助平

Here are the latest Media Create console hardware sales for the week of Feb 24 - Mar 2, the PS4 sold 66k units in the second week, and according to retailers Sony shipped 380k units of PS4 in the first two weeks, and the PS4 has sold out in Japan; next shipment arrived on Mar 4, which will be counted toward next week's sales.....

PS4 - 65,685 [374,839]
    3DS LL - 26,027 [351,349]
    PS Vita - 21,581 [238,761]
    PS3 - 13,155 [139,237]
    3DS - 11,986 [166,677]
    Wii U - 8,204 [125,869]
    PSP - 3,652 [41,574]
    PS Vita TV - 1,543 [19,148]
    Xbox 360 - 257 [2,469]

Can't even remember now- is the XBone going to be released in Japan?

At some point. But I think it's like a tier 6 territory for them.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
We have a sales thread :leon
reckt

Tasty

It takes a village to raise an Andrex.

One in Animal Crossing, no doubt.

I am the sum of everyone on the Bore.

I'm a strong independent homo woman who don't need no man. :gurl

What's with the random hate speech? I know most nintards come from conservative backgrounds, but try to reach the modern age even if your favorite toy manufacturer hasn't.

You can't hate speech yourself. :gurl

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
What's with the random hate speech?

Kidding right? I seriously do not know anyone that considers "homo" under the hate-speech category. Maybe a long time back, but even then it's used more as a designation (like Andy used it as) than anything.

In any case a better flowing (hurr hurr) sentence for him would've been:

"I'm a strong independent lesbian who don't need no man."

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
ok bigot
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
So retailers say ps4 sold out, but Oscar said...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
They warned us about the social justice warriors infiltrating gaming, now even our sales threads aren't safe.

DCharlieJP

• Icon
restocked everywhere today - let the new generation of non-shitty gaming thrive!

O=X

Tasty

Kidding right? I seriously do not know anyone that considers "homo" under the hate-speech category. Maybe a long time back, but even then it's used more as a designation (like Andy used it as) than anything.

I'm here to talk about the sales in gaming and how this affects the industry as whole. I'm not here to see a Hitler-esque hatemonger post his prejudice, I'm here to get away from that.

GAF is that way ->

GAF is that way ->

He knows the only thing that awaits him there is the banhammer. Which reminds me, it's time for a routine check for new Wrath alts.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

I'm here to talk about the sales in gaming and how this affects the industry as whole. I'm not here to see a Hitler-esque hatemonger post his prejudice, I'm here to get away from that.

:badass

Tasty

GAF is that way ->

He knows the only thing that awaits him there is the banhammer. Which reminds me, it's time for a routine check for new Wrath alts.

:jawalrus

Tasty

GAF is that way ->

They're never hard to find. They usually have Wrath in the name or have an avatar/name based around horror movies or something dark :heh

Or some creepy Dennis-looking dude as the avatar. :heh

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
He currently posts as Squiddy Cracker.
🍆🍆

a slime appears

• retro king
Think MS is going to bother with Japan this time around? Not having a console in that territory isn't going to stop the major Japanese publishers from putting out their games on the ONE. Sure they'd lose out on the small guys but their games don't push systems, so who cares?

Himu

MS making Japan a low tier priority consoles tells all we need to know man
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Is this that article from that bimbo with a background in mobile?

Himu

And she's a bimbo, why exactly?
IYKYK

Himu

And she's a bimbo, why exactly?
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Because she doesn't know what she is talking about?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Because she doesn't know what she is talking about?

Her article is almost 100% spot on. She uses data to support her argument, doesn't overextend, uses cases. Meanwhile your off the cuff sexist ad hominem highlights your insecurity...

:heh

Himu

I was reading the gaf thread and niccas be like "this is infactual" when it's shit people have been saying for a while
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I didn't even read the article

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

and yet that didn't keep you from opening your fool mouth

who's the bimbo now
乱学者

a slime appears

• retro king
I was reading the gaf thread and niccas be like "this is infactual" when it's shit people have been saying for a while

Not a lot of people can correctlyread market trends and touting guesstimates at NPD numbers, while not accurate, isn't off the mark either. NeoGAF and the gaming community at large typically operate with blinders on and willingly ignore the obvious signs of a weakening market so naturally they would oblivious about these matters and cry foul. Usually the best indicators are what major publishers are doing since they employ economic gurus who can make intelligent business recommendations based off current market conditions. Reading their fiscal year or quarterly earning results to investors can provide a lot of great insight into the current challenges of the industry.

Few examples:
Activision Blizzard: Investor Relations - Financial Reports
Electronic Arts: Investor Relations - Quarterly Results
Square Enix: Investor Relations - Quarterly Results

Considering how easy it is to get these reports and to jump on these conference calls it's funny that not a lot in the media do it. Yet you see constant conjecture without any factual statistics out there, which is loony.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

and yet that didn't keep you from opening your fool mouth

who's the bimbo now

People who replied?

But really its probably just another pessimistic piece on consoles from a person with a vested interest in the mobile arena.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:36:11 PM by Lagerless »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
why are you committed to being so stupid
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
You know like loads of losers try to be cool on the forums cause they arent cool or smart irl?

Im like the opposite.