Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1184692 times)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Is this that article from that bimbo with a background in mobile?

Because she doesn't know what she is talking about?

I didn't even read the article

the perfect sonygaf ambassador.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Cool enough that you stored my picture on your hdd for 5 years and I dont even know who you are

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Sure sure

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
stay vigilant, lager.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I've never liked so many posts in one page

:rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Thanks for inviting me to the Bore Admiral

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Actually pc game sales is more than consoles atm.

http://digitalriverftp01.cloudapp.net/helpcentral/pmrc/marketing_materials/white_papers/White_Paper_Digital_River_Game_Changers.pdf

Isn't the PC market in a decline too? What with Win 8 bombing and people moving to Macs, tablets, etc.?
^_^

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Actually pc game sales is more than consoles atm.

http://digitalriverftp01.cloudapp.net/helpcentral/pmrc/marketing_materials/white_papers/White_Paper_Digital_River_Game_Changers.pdf

Isn't the PC market in a decline too? What with Win 8 bombing and people moving to Macs, tablets, etc.?

Hardware? Yes.

Software/Steam? LOL NO.

archie4208

Enthusiast market is growing.

Off the shelf Dells are in a freefall.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Basically, the people wo only read emails, surf the internet, etc. don't actually need a desktop.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Another factor is that people that are only light users dont need to upgrade as often as they did.

A 5 year old laptop is still great for internet and word.

Damian79

Another factor is that people that are only light users dont need to upgrade as often as they did.

A 5 year old laptop is still great for internet and word AND MOST GAMES.

Fifstar

Eh, not really true for a 5 year old laptop. But otherwise, capable gaming pcs (or upgrades, if you have a decent cpu) are as affordable as ever in comparison to consoles.
Gulp

archie4208

Anecdotal, but my PC is nearly 4 years old and I have no desire to upgrade or build a new one.  That'll change whenever The Witcher 3 comes out, but for now I'm content.

Himu

I have a 2009 gaming laptop and I can run everything I want except Saints Row The Third.
IYKYK

cool breeze

Anecdotal, but my PC is nearly 4 years old and I have no desire to upgrade or build a new one.  That'll change whenever The Witcher 3 comes out, but for now I'm content.

yeah, we've gotten to the point where games are made to run on a 2005 console, and since the 8800gt (imo) we've had inexpensive gpus that demolished consoles.  the disparity has only gotten worse over the years.  add to that publishers making better PC ports (better optimized) and you can get by with older low to mid range cards for a while.  there are reasons to upgrade for enthusiasts who want the best image quality, multi monitors, etc. but it's not really crucial anymore.

witcher 3, star citizen (?), and the wave of next gen only games (batman ak, the division) might start to wear on older cards.  we'll see.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
It's all about 1440p now, enjoy your stone-age tier 720/1080p gaming. :yuck
©@©™

cool breeze

still using a many, many years old 1680x1050 monitor (or 1080p tv) and often downsample games   :fbm

new gpu and monitor this year.  I just need to find a higher res 16:10 IPS 120hz monitor around ~22" with a matte screen and fast response time and maybe gsync.  it probably exists in korea.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
There's no way I'm even gonna bother trying to get the Witcher 3 running on a 5770. NOPE.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Hope my CPU holds out a little while longer, I'm broke as fuck...

Himu

Oh right. I can't run Witcher 2 to a point where it is playable with high fps and it is a main reason I want to upgrade to a computer with a quad. Still rocking a duo and can play most games on high or medium.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'm thinking very hard about pulling the trigger on a GTX 750 ti, apparently it's the best around in terms of a price/performance ratio.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Oh right. I can't run Witcher 2 to a point where it is playable with high fps and it is a main reason I want to upgrade to a computer with a quad. Still rocking a duo and can play most games on high or medium.
Mantle could extend my X4 965s life, but I don't think CD Project is doing anything with it (yet), so... Here's hoping games take more advantage of cores, rather than per-core performance.

I'm thinking very hard about pulling the trigger on a GTX 750 ti, apparently it's the best around in terms of a price/performance ratio.
Going by Techreport's benches AMDs 265 has it beat, but good luck finding one at MRSP. Or finding one, period. It also sucks much more power.

http://techreport.com/review/26050/nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-maxwell-graphics-processor
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:35:36 PM by Rufus »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
i guess yal can wait another year to upgrade since w3 aint coming anytime soon
dur

Himu

Why? GPUs are beyond consoles already. In no rush. Any upgrade would be an upgrade for me, especially since NVidia is apparently working on GTX 800's.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
:tocry

archie4208

:tocry

I'm ok with this.

The GTX 800 series will make W3 smooth as butter.  :drool

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
witcher 3 was always going to be a $300 game which came with a pack in GPU for me, i'd have been bummed if it came out before maxwell.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I'm just gonna get Witcher 3 on PS4. Sucks that the save won't transfer over (if they have bonuses for playing the first 2 games through) but oh well. No inclination on getting a new desktop anytime soon, laptop does everything that I need it to (DJing, MS Office, Visual Studio) and I don't care enough about high-end PC gaming to make the investment.
^_^

Tasty

here's a link to that sad sony pony confessing to his shame btw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103921593&postcount=604

:picard

:rofl

THE BIAS IS FINALLY REVEALED

Tasty

Why did they ever unban him. :picard

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
here's a link to that sad sony pony confessing to his shame btw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103921593&postcount=604

:picard

:gurl

Dcharlie, I am disappoint.
yar

Himu

I wish switcher 2 came out on ps3. I love the game, but the low frame rate on my rig is :tocry and I want to be caught up on story when 3 comes out.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Rahxephon91

Sucks that Witcher 3 isn't coming this year. That was going to be the game for my PS4 this year.

archie4208

I wish switcher 2 came out on ps3. I love the game, but the low frame rate on my rig is :tocry and I want to be caught up on story when 3 comes out.

The framerate would have been even lower on PS3.

Himu

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

The framerate would have been even lower on PS3.
I don't know about that. The xbox version is  pretty great.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:50:59 PM by Rahxephon91 »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
35k.

i guess those tokyo shopkeepers didn't want to incur the wrath of the gaijin.

g800 should be here by Q3. a new rig with a $1 steam sale copy of witcher 2 doesn't seem like an unreasonable christmas present to yourself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:01:36 AM by headwalk »

Himu

I already have The Witcher 2 on steam.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
On newegg, Radeon 270x's have dropped $50-$90 overnight! :rejoice
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Our long, national bitcoin nightmare is finally over. :rejoice
dog

Himu

AMD :pacspit
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Himu

IYKYK

Tasty

All in ones! :bow

Guys? ...guys??

Tasty

Also AMD's are consistently shit for Linux so I agree with Himu.

:pacspit AMD

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
As if AMD GPUs matter on Android, which is the only Linux you give a shit about. :comeon

Tasty

<typing this on Ubuntu Gnome-running System76>

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
PS4 continuing to be number 1 in Japan.

Everything according to keikaku.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
the worst thing about dcharlie's department store tour of delusion is that he must've known that the media create sales would tell all in a few days anyway.

he wouldn't have done that if he were just going full lagerless and refuting any fact as a matter of corporate subservient cause. he must have honestly, genuinely believed it.

heartbreaking.

Rahxephon91

PS4 continuing to be number 1 in Japan.

Everything according to keikaku.
Save us PS4!

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
Lager's posts are pretty funny, but at least he's not as bad as that one Sony Pony in the GAF Media Create thread who's going into Tokyo shops and recording himself asking shop staff about PS4 stock to win message board arguments.

:lol what an idiot!

hey wait!

he worst thing about dcharlie's department store tour of delusion is that he must've known that the media create sales would tell all in a few days anyway.

if anyone actually read what i was saying, you'd have noted that i specifically said that i didn't think it was selling big numbers - just that it wasn't in stock everywhere, and not that that particularly said anything about demand. It's all pretty simple stuff. This was more to get at the mpl90 hourly updates taken from Yodobashi's website that apparently were showing that Japan was swimming in stock -last- week, whilst people were saying it wasn't.

#shrug - no skin off my shit, stuff happens.

And also - the whole "media create would tell all" -still- only makes sense if you think that there was stock everywhere -last- week. This week it's going to slump into the 25-28k range - the first ed bundles are sold out and everywhere has the new packs in and they ain't moving.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:05:57 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
:leon
Well, well...

Tasty

:leon
Well, well...

Might be trading it for a Macbook Air soon. :(

Damn Microsoft PPTP VPN doesn't work on Linux... :'(
[close]

dude, whatever the reason or hypothesis... if you're recording conversations with clerks to win Internet fights, you're getting waaaay too invested.  very unhealthy behaviour.

DC, Oscar is so right about this. Seriously, get help.

slurp slurp
[close]

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Japan sales in a month account for US sales in a week I don't even know why you guys care. Follow the money.
USA