Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1184687 times)

Take My Breh Away

Re: Next-Gen Sales Thread |OT| We already sold all the sales. Sorry.
« Reply #6960 on: October 16, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
Goddamit was rooting for xbone oh well

Xbone will probably take November because people really want Halo.

Not a surprise. As far as sales the PS4 has won the next gen war. They came out of the gate better and created a lot of momentum in the diehards which filtered over to the more casual audience. MS did a lot of stupid stuff from the jump and forced kinect in there which created a pricing problem.

To their credit and the credit of Spencer they turned around alot of that stuff and have done a lot better since but the damage had already been done. The only way they could outsell the PS4 is if its cheaper. Price parity and exclusive just won't do it.

I'm happy with my xbox one but it won't win the sales crown in the US unless something odd happens or MS luckily stumbles into creating a super hot franchise which seems unlikely.

I think Spencer knows they won't take America and is just going to use the opportunity to build a better 1st party presence and sort the mess Don Matrick left to clean up with their other 1st party studios as that is seen as their biggest weakness relying too much on Halo, Forza, Gears and Fable. Invest in new and rebooted IP since Killer Instinct was a roaring success (They all but confirmed that's getting a "Season 3" before S2 launched), build new first party (He said on a Podcast the other day they see Nintendo's first party as the model to follow in growing their own studios while also using externals like Platinum and Playground). Sell as many xbones as you can then judge if it's worth going PC/Streaming only or make a successor for next gen with a bigger and better IP slate. It's clear MS are in gaming in the long run. Depends if they will be on hardware though. 

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #6961 on: October 16, 2014, 07:15:13 PM »
Holy shit 3DS is dead

Also NPD usually doesn't include software sold in hardware bundles in their software ranking right? I would think that PS4 fell behind on that chart due to bundle sales.

dmj

« Reply #6962 on: October 16, 2014, 07:21:37 PM »
smash bros seems to have sold really well but didn't give the 3ds a big boost.  nintendo should announce the new 3ds for america.   

I miss Oscar's comforting assurances consoles are dying already 

:stahp
Goddamit was rooting for xbone oh well

chin up, Destiny sold most on xbox one excluding bundles

edit: neither forza horizon 2 or driveclub charted.  at least horizon 2 deserved to do well.

Forza Horizon 2 counted this month, DC didn't. 

But DC won't chart next month either, if there is a god.

cool breeze

« Reply #6963 on: October 16, 2014, 07:35:10 PM »
Not a surprise. As far as sales the PS4 has won the next gen war. They came out of the gate better and created a lot of momentum in the diehards which filtered over to the more casual audience. MS did a lot of stupid stuff from the jump and forced kinect in there which created a pricing problem.

To their credit and the credit of Spencer they turned around alot of that stuff and have done a lot better since but the damage had already been done. The only way they could outsell the PS4 is if its cheaper. Price parity and exclusive just won't do it.

I'm happy with my xbox one but it won't win the sales crown in the US unless something odd happens or MS luckily stumbles into creating a super hot franchise which seems unlikely.

I think Xbox will "win" november with heavy CoD marketing and the Halo collection (assuming this is november to be 10th anniversary of halo 2), plus assassin's creed unity is marketed for xbox (or was this delayed to december?).

The average month, yeah, PS4 seems to be the 360 this go around.

Forza Horizon 2 counted this month, DC didn't. 

But DC won't chart next month either, if there is a god.

ok, I'm mistaking forza horizon 2's release for its demo release, and all I remember is the giantbomb guys saying driveclub was the week after.  looking it up, FH2 only had one day in September, so not bad?

and wow Hyrule Warriors is already out and apparently sold ~190k.  I didn't notice the fanfare for its release.

Himu

« Reply #6964 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »
190k for a musou is realllly decent for a domestic warriors release. Esprcially considering the system.
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #6965 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »
700k for smash and only 140k for hardware? price drop or release the new version asap. stubborn Nintendo.

sony still riding that successful wave and nothing like gears of war to save spencer's ass.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:55:42 PM by MCD »

« Reply #6966 on: October 16, 2014, 08:51:17 PM »
I really wonder what people are buying with their PS4s  ???... I've got the thing and I can't find many reasons to turn it on.

I'll get one next year with RGG 0, Gundam PS4, FF Type 0, etc. Right now, not a damn thing that's even tempting.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #6967 on: October 16, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
I really wonder what people are buying with their PS4s  ???... I've got the thing and I can't find many reasons to turn it on.

I'll get one next year with RGG 0, Gundam PS4, FF Type 0, etc. Right now, not a damn thing that's even tempting.

Yup, gonna wait and see if there are any Black Friday deals, if not I'll go ahead and get one when Type 0 or Witcher 3 hits, whichever comes first.
^_^

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #6968 on: October 16, 2014, 11:57:46 PM »
According to Aqua:
PS4 sold 538K
XB1 sold 284K
Unzip

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6969 on: October 17, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »
I don't think it's fair to count just the individual units of the XB1 sold since each one can tap into the near infinite power of the cloud. So to get accurate numbers we probably should multiply that number by some function.

« Reply #6970 on: October 17, 2014, 12:52:22 AM »

Yup, gonna wait and see if there are any Black Friday deals, if not I'll go ahead and get one when Type 0 or Witcher 3 hits, whichever comes first.

What's the point of a Black Friday deal when there is nothing you'd use it for?

Still tons of worthwhile games on the PS3. Dat Sen no Kiseki II.
野球

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6971 on: October 17, 2014, 01:24:50 AM »
According to Aqua:
PS4 sold 538K
XB1 sold 284K
What?! Patcher was wrong?! Not only wrong, but seriously wrong?! Surely I could never have seen this coming!!
que

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6972 on: October 17, 2014, 01:31:09 AM »
Xbox on track for a 35 million install base ww,

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6973 on: October 17, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »
I'd believe PS4 sales. Lots of people were waiting for Destiny, specifically the white bundle.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6974 on: October 17, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »
Forza = 120k

Fifa15 = up 42% yoy

I'd believe PS4 sales. Lots of people were waiting for Destiny, specifically the white bundle.

Yeah, im part of this npd as i picked mine up in nyc

Damian79

« Reply #6975 on: October 17, 2014, 03:35:58 AM »
According to Aqua:
PS4 sold 538K
XB1 sold 284K
What?! Patcher was wrong?! Not only wrong, but seriously wrong?! Surely I could never have seen this coming!!

It is like a race to see who can be worse ioi(Vgchartz) or Pachter.

dmj

« Reply #6976 on: October 17, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »

What's the point of a Black Friday deal when there is nothing you'd use it for?

Still tons of worthwhile games on the PS3. Dat Sen no Kiseki II.

I agree wholeheartedly. The three PS4 games I'm buying this fall are all multi-platform.  There's no reason to own one when the lion's share of games are available on a much less expensive platform.  It's sales success really show that people will buy a new shiny thing to replace their old dusty one, even if they don't need it, if it's marketed well enough.  I'm not sure if it's because of this post-phone world where yearly updates can allow people to part with hundreds of dollars, but Sony should probably get on a 3-year cycle with the PS4 and just make a PS5 in 2017 that's b/c.  There's no reason to wait as long as they did since it seems people only need a passing reason in order to part with $400. 

« Reply #6977 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »
Personally speaking, I bought my PS4 because I'm already tired of the dealing with the PS3 and everything tacked-on system / network feature that comes with it. Even with incoming games that are coming out on both PS3 and PS4, I'd rather not deal with games that run like garbage on PS3 anymore. Just going from FFXIV PS3 to the PS4 version alone makes that game actually playable, and I can't imagine how terrible Watch Dogs, AC4 and Destiny are on PS3.

That and after using a DS4 for an extended period of time, I have no idea how I ever considered the DS3 as a good controller in a way. :-\

« Reply #6978 on: October 17, 2014, 01:31:19 PM »
Personally speaking, I bought my PS4 because I'm already tired of the dealing with the PS3 and everything tacked-on system / network feature that comes with it. Even with incoming games that are coming out on both PS3 and PS4, I'd rather not deal with games that run like garbage on PS3 anymore. Just going from FFXIV PS3 to the PS4 version alone makes that game actually playable, and I can't imagine how terrible Watch Dogs, AC4 and Destiny are on PS3.

That and after using a DS4 for an extended period of time, I have no idea how I ever considered the DS3 as a good controller in a way. :-\

I can see that, but I have zero interest in Watch Dogs, AC4 or Destiny. And the other features mean nothing to me without games to play.

I'm currently playing Sen no Kiseki II and my purchases for the rest of the year are Japanese imports Super Hero Generation and Gundam Breaker 2.

I am clearly not the target market at the moment. I'm not buying new shiny for the sake of new shiny.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:36:09 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

SpeedStats

« Reply #6979 on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »
I'm pretty much in the "why did I buy this thing?" camp.  Wash Doggies was a wash.  I didn't import Yakuza Ishin and I don't really want to right now.  Didn't even play Knack yet, and I think the only thing I liked on it was AC4 which is multiplatform.

There -are- indie or DD games on there that I couldn't run properly on my laptop at the time, but since my laptop's more souped-up now, I can play more of those on PC than wait for a PS4 version.  I like the remote play feature, at least.  That thing works pretty nicely 75% of the time.

I'm pretty happy sticking with my PS3 right now for console games since there's still stuff coming out for it on the import side/niche game side, and I still have a bunch of other PS3 games from previous years to play.  PS4's super-lacking in software for me at the moment, and I'm increasingly feeling like I should've gone the PC/Wii U route this gen instead of PS4/Wii U.  Oh well; hindsight is 20-20.    Should've bought one in late 2015/2016.

« Reply #6980 on: October 17, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »
I don't doubt that the Japanese stuff that I like is on it's way to the PS4, just not immediatelly.

I really enjoyed Ishin, but that was on the PS3.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #6981 on: October 17, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »
If I didn't feel this year was weak for games all around I'd be way more bummed about the lackluster PS4.  I mean even compared to the PS3's first year...even the Wii U's first year, it ain't great.  Lack of BC hurts it, too.  Before PS3 got games, I used it as a PS2 with HDMI out and a wireless controller (with no rumble, that occasionally lost signal).

more disappointed that Sony isn't announcing games for the thing.  Microsoft and Nintendo are announcing games way in advance, late 2015 and 2016 games.  in the end it doesn't mean much if you announce games sooner than later, but it's nice to know the console has stuff to look forward to.   

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6982 on: October 18, 2014, 08:21:48 AM »
I dont see why Sony should announce more games now. 2015 will have the Order, Bloodborne and UC4.

Nintendo has fuck all.

MS has Quantum.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6983 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:48 AM »
Nintendo has fuck all.

Nintendo has Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Devil's Third
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6984 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »
three games. So what? One a quarter,  minus one quarter?
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6985 on: October 18, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
They have more than that, obviously, but I didn't think there was any need to list every single game they've got coming out next year.
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6986 on: October 18, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
It was so dumb for Microsoft to release the Xbone for $100 more than the PS4 out of the gate.  Even with Kinect, they should have had price parity.  Dumbasses.
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6987 on: October 18, 2014, 12:08:42 PM »
"[Insert Console] has 3 big games coming out next year, that's all the games I need anyway!"

A. Nintendo Fans During the N64 Era
B. Sony Fans During the Current Era
C. Nintendo Fans During Every Era
D. Every Fan During the Current Era
E. All of the Above
©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #6988 on: October 18, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »
:bow new third person shooter franchise, nerdcore japan game, nth franchise sequel  :bow2

dmj

« Reply #6989 on: October 18, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »
"[Insert Console] has 3 big games coming out next year, that's all the games I need anyway!"

E. All of the Above

E E E E E E E :rofl

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6990 on: October 20, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »

E. All of the Above
Hey NES and SNES had more then three worthwhile games a year during their peaks man. :P
Hi

Himu

« Reply #6991 on: October 20, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »

E. All of the Above

But B was Sony fans last gen as well.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6992 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:54 AM »
I dont see why Sony should announce more games now. 2015 will have the Order, Bloodborne and UC4.

Nintendo has fuck all.

MS has Quantum.

wii u has a much more appealing line up than ps4.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6993 on: October 21, 2014, 10:37:02 AM »
Lol, wii u has barely anything coming out.

Next gen is on xbox and ps4

Himu

« Reply #6994 on: October 26, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
Wii u has more coming out than ps4.  If you have a PS3 or a pc, ps4 is lol. Oh hey hey heres dragon age, dragon quest musou, persona 4;etc only for ps4! Also on PS3! And it'll stay like that for some time. The only PS4/xbone exclusive I find enticing is FF15 and that's likely going to have a pc port.

Back in the day, we sony fans had standards.

Uncharted 4 :lol
A TLOU next gen port :lol
A GTAV port :lol
A Sleeping Dogs port :lol
A half assed game in infamous SS
Almost every noteworthy game has a PS3 version
Not a Ridge Racer - play station tradition - in sight
Hyped up million dollar Campaigns for Watch Dogs which has always looked like :trash
:rofl @ the entire Destiny thing
Rofl @ drive club

Ps4 and its fans are pathetic. Getting excited for ports. And games that aren't exclusive. And shit games. Laughable. What happened to the Sony fans that hyped Classic games like Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 2, Wipeout, Parappa, FFVII, Ghost in the Shell, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash? Today's Sony fans are awful. Started at the top but now you're at the bottom despite your crowned jewel of a system being number 1. That is your gaming climate today. Even Wii U fans get Splatoon and other cool looking games.

Ps4 looks like :trash Enjoy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:17:34 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

« Reply #6995 on: October 26, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »

BELIEVE
野球

« Reply #6996 on: October 26, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »
You must be real proud of that post Himu.  :beli

Yulwei

« Reply #6997 on: October 26, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
 :holeup this thread...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6998 on: October 26, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »
:holeup this thread...

This thread is a quarantine zone, designed specifically to prevent sales talk from infecting the rest of the board. Much like the GAF thread in off-topic.
dog

Himu

« Reply #6999 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
You must be real proud of that post Himu.  :beli

Anything to rustle Lager 's ps4 fanhood :rejoice :shh as we wait for a reaction.
IYKYK

Fifstar

« Reply #7000 on: October 26, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »
Himu stanning for Nintendo like it's Gaf in 05  :lawd :rejoice
Gulp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7001 on: October 26, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »
I like my PS4. It's nothing amazing. I got it to play the current gen games and it's doing just that. I don't game on PC so I'd rather have a PS4. Don't like Nintendo and thier games so I don't need a Wii U. Rather play the better versions of games the the PS3 versions so I'd rather have a PS4. The libary is'nt great yet and the Xbone probably has more exclusives I'd rather play, but whatever the PS4 is going exactly what I want it to do. Play video games.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7003 on: October 27, 2014, 02:12:42 AM »
I really hope you copy pasted that from GAF himu

dmj

« Reply #7004 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »
The PS4 (and XBOX One) are both about as exciting as a warm bucket of spit. 

At least Nintendo has Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros coming to the WiiU which are better than the discography of both 'next gen' consoles.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7005 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
I don't see anything that exciting on the WiiU either except Bayonetta. When the hyped up exclusives are an HD port and a dynasty warriors skin you've fucked up.

Actually that sounds like the Vita to me.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7006 on: October 27, 2014, 02:21:04 PM »
Bayo 2 appeals to like 100k people worldwide , 15 of which are on this forum.

Game doesnt look appealing at all to me and neither does Smash Bros, which I imagine is some us favourite since I never knew anyone that played it in Europe.

Himu

« Reply #7007 on: October 28, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
100k people still sounds like more appeal than drive club
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7008 on: October 30, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »
Hahahhaha ok man cant tell if you are serious

sarslip

« Reply #7009 on: October 31, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »
The PS4 (and XBOX One) are both about as exciting as a warm bucket of spit. 

At least Nintendo has Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros coming to the WiiU which are better than the discography of both 'next gen' consoles.

Game doesnt look appealing at all to me and neither does Smash Bros, which I imagine is some us favourite since I never knew anyone that played it in Europe.

fuck all your gamefaqs era posts  :pacspit

Tasty

« Reply #7010 on: November 13, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Nintendo has fuck all.

Nintendo has Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Devil's Third

Zeruda and Star Fox too, if they don't get delayed.

Oh, and that Yoshi Yarn game (:zzz), Mario Maker (:larry), and Fatal Frame 5. (:usacry)

Not the best year for a Nin console but certainly not the worst either, especially if X and Zelda deliver.

cool breeze

« Reply #7011 on: November 13, 2014, 06:49:15 PM »
evil within seems to have sold well.  sunset overdrive, drive club, and bayonetta all seem to have sold poorly.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7012 on: November 13, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
evil within seems to have sold well.  sunset overdrive, drive club, and bayonetta all seem to have sold poorly.

Was anyone doubting these?

I wonder if Sunset would've sold a little more if it was also on PS4/PC. I kinda doubt it, but man I would've bought it. Not buying an X-box just for that.

dmj

« Reply #7013 on: November 13, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »

Totes unsurprising. Neither of those three had any kind of sales success written over them.  Sunset is stuck on a platform with a small user base, Driveclub is irreparably broken and has awful word of mouth, and Bayonetta is the sequel to a game that sold poorly on two consoles, now exclusive to one poorly selling console.

dmj

« Reply #7014 on: November 13, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
eek double post
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:04:01 AM by dmj »

cool breeze

« Reply #7015 on: November 13, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
apparently bayonetta outsold drive club.  that's amazing.  and it was delayed 11 months.

and that alien game didn't do well

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7016 on: November 13, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
Aliens has Gearbox to thank for bombing slightly. Who is going to buy an Alien title after that previous one?

Himu

« Reply #7017 on: November 13, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »
apparently bayonetta outsold drive club.  that's amazing.  and it was delayed 11 months.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

KOSMA AM CRY

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #7018 on: November 13, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
people thinking borderlands was going to tank just because there were no current-gen versions :lol
sup

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #7019 on: November 13, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

KOSMA AM CRY

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

brehette.... :comeon