Author Topic: Let's list the worst comedy T.V. shows ever  (Read 7057 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Re: Let's list the worst comedy T.V. shows ever
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »
AMC

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »
I vaguely remember South Park having a mini-renaissance around season 6?  I never watched it regularly enough to tell.

In any case, the last few years it's been pretty awful.  One or two jokes/catchphrases repeated ad nauseam, some gross-out humor that's TOTALLY SHOCKING if you don't have net access, hamhanded spoofing of pop culture cliches, and a preachy moral.

Parker and Stone come across as pretty self-satisfied.  That's My Bush was basically them saying "Hey!  We figured out the conventions and cliches of the sitcom!  Watch us reproduce them!"

It's like they thought they were the first, when they weren't even the best.

thekavorka

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
Speaking of Gary Shandling, how is The Larry Sanders Show? I've always heard good things about it. I recall watching some of it stoned at a friend's house, and it had Jeffrey Tambor, and Chloe from 24.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2007, 12:03:39 AM »

i like the cosbey show and family matters but that's about it

and yet one of your answers is Seinfeld.  You're such a taco.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »
Speaking of Gary Shandling, how is The Larry Sanders Show? I've always heard good things about it. I recall watching some of it stoned at a friend's house, and it had Jeffrey Tambor, and Chloe from 24.

I've liked what I've seen of it, and if you like passive-aggressive type comedy (The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Christopher Guest mockumentaries), it's definitely up your alley.

I'm waiting for a proper release on DVD, and who knows when that's going to happen.  S1 and a recently released Best Of are out there, but I'm not sure if there are immediate plans for the rest.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2007, 12:14:17 AM »
Well, any live-action Nick show is god awful (other than Are You Afraid of the Dark omg omg).  All That, holy shit AWFUL.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2007, 12:19:17 AM »

It's pretty freaking awesome, it is.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2007, 01:05:23 AM »
All That, holy shit AWFUL.

OBJECTION!

What made All That was pretty good, at least for the first few seasons (like most shows).

etiolate

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2007, 02:00:44 AM »
Sister Sister

Candyflip

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2007, 02:03:00 AM »
Well, any live-action Nick show is god awful (other than Are You Afraid of the Dark omg omg).  All That, holy shit AWFUL.
Have you seen the crap they've been playing today? I would kill babies to have All That and Keenan & Kel back on the air. Now Disney is playing shit like the Suite Life of Zach and Cody and That's So Raven! This generation of kids is going to be a bunch of morons.
ffs

Coop

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2007, 02:10:37 AM »
Mind of Mencia
Everybody Loves Raymond
Friends(pretty much any sitcom)
Little Bush

xnikki118x

• Hanson Defense Force
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2007, 03:34:28 AM »
yeah, I don't think any of the TGIF shows have held up. Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, and Boy Meets World all suck now but I loved them when I was a little.

I even get really annoyed when I try to watch Fresh Prince nowadays. I can't stand Will's character anymore. Cosby Show is still good in a little spurts here and there (except if it's one of the later seasons with that other little girl). Three's Company has held up well over all these years. Even though they're all basically the same plots and predictable, I chuckle whenever I watch it.

For me, Seinfeld and AD are the only shows that are still as good today as the first time I watched them.

I can still watch and enjoy all the shows you mentioned not liking, although I agree with whoever said Family Matters went off the deep end later on. Boy Meets World kinda did too when they were in college and married and stuff.

THE WONDER YEARS IS GOLD. SO IS CHEERS.
:-*

xnikki118x

• Hanson Defense Force
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2007, 03:36:28 AM »

All That was very good when it first came out, and even later on when Danny Tamborelli (Little Pete) was on it, but then it sucked sucked sucked.

Are You Afraid of the Dark is the shit. The original Midnight Society only, of course.
:-*

Himu

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »
Someone is going to say Cheers next.

Stop.

Did you watch Cheers when you were a kid? Ah. I have good memories of that show for some reason. Watching that, In The Heat of the Night, and MASH.

Oh shit.  Himumu used to watch MASH?  Whiteness confirmed.

my grandpa made me watch it with him

i have NIGHTMARES of its opening theme
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »
Sister Sister

The Smart Guy was good!
IYKYK

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »
the people who said king of queens obviously have no taste. also, while i do like friends i expected it to be mentioned in this thread but it wasn't <3
zzz

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
I vaguely remember South Park having a mini-renaissance around season 6?  I never watched it regularly enough to tell.

It was really the end of Season 4 through Season 6.  And yeah, it hasn't been as good since.  The last season was pretty awful, the only episode anyone remembers or really talks about is World of Warcraft and that's just because they were the first to spoof the gaming phenomenon that has crossed over into pop culture.  I'm sure Family Guy or someone will do it better.
PSP

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2007, 02:26:02 PM »
Futurama

:o

FOAD

ps the worst animated comedy i've ever seen is family guy, followed by the flintstones.

The worst live-action comedies?  99% of them are the worst.  The answer changes depending on what you are forcing me to watch.  Watchable sitcoms is a MUCH shorter list than brain-bleedingly awful ones.

Anything that isn't Roseanne, Arrested Development, or SNL-related can take a walk.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
unless we're including sketch shows.  Then Mr. Show, Upright Citizens Brigade and Kids in the Hall get excluded, too.
[close]
omg

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »
For me, Seinfeld and AD are the only shows that are still as good today as the first time I watched them.

While I still love a few other comedies, Seinfeld and AD are my #1 and #2, respectively.
Get out of my head.

One of the worst sitcoms, that hasn't been mentioned yet, is Empty Nest. And for some reason, I watched that a lot.

edit: Just looked up the wiki page. The show ran from 88 to 95. Holy crap.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:20:44 PM by Malek: King of Kings »

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2007, 05:21:50 PM »
This thread is chock full o' suckitude.

and I'm not saying whether it's the shows or the choices.
Wii

drohne

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »
family guy

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2007, 10:24:58 PM »
No one touch Cheers or Seinfeld. Both fucking kick my ass.
HLR

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2007, 10:30:22 PM »

Cheers sucked when Kirstie Alley started on the show.
serge

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »

Cheers sucked when Kirstie Alley started on the show.

There were still some good episodes even then. I won't deny the lower quality though.
HLR