Author Topic: YOU GOT DEMONS  (Read 304 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
YOU GOT DEMONS
« on: October 21, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »

I saw this yesterday for the first time in more than a decade. Oh man, this scared the shit out of me as an 11 year old.

The little demons, ie the STUFF OF NIGHTMARES. But their "master" is 10 times scarier omg

The Goonies came out a couple years earlier, but this movie sort of gave me the same vibe. It's certainly not considered to be as classic as The Goonies. It's a bunch of kids going on an adventure, but the subject/tone are more mature. Basically some kids unlock a gate to hell in their backyard - levitation and metal music are the culprits. Aw, 80's! The demons are brought to life through claymation and some other tricks. It's pretty damn convincing because most of the demons are quite small. I'm more afraid of little monsters than big ones, so as a kid this really freaked me out

Watching it again I noticed despite the movie being quite "out there" and scary, there are no gruesome deaths. In fact, there are no deaths at all. Kinda disappointing; I've been an advocate for children dying on film for years.

:bow
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:37:19 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
Re: YOU GOT DEMONS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:34:53 PM »