Author Topic: Is anyone still picking up Assassin's Creed even though it is confirmed bomba?  (Read 5355 times)

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
8.5 sounds good.  maybe it's a short/unusual game but impressions have shown that it's basically what I hoped for.

was there any other bomba?

kane and lynch?

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

Not sure.  I cancelled my preorder this morning because of the 8.5s. 

You cancelled because of an 8.5?  That's a good score. 

It was a joke.  Actually, I rarely pre-order anything because I can usually find better deals than what GS/EB offers.  GS almost always sells games at full price unless you trade in something.

Kyle

8.5 sounds good.  maybe it's a short/unusual game but impressions have shown that it's basically what I hoped for.

kane and lynch?
* Blacksite Area 51 AKA "Midway am cry"
BK3

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
kane and lynch?
* Blacksite Area 51 AKA "Midway am cry"
no I meant any other reason why this was a bomba? ???

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
I dunno.

read the eurogamer review, seems to be pretty right overall.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
welp, p-a shipped my copy before i could cancel so looks like i'm taking one for the team here...i tend to like Ubi stuff (i loved double agent even) so still mildly hopeful.
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
welp, p-a shipped my copy before i could cancel so looks like i'm taking one for the team here...i tend to like Ubi stuff (i loved double agent even) so still mildly hopeful.

Post about it!  I was going to buy it next week and then all this nonsense came about...is it because of the reviews or are forum posters all saying it isn't that great?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
So let me get this straight.  IGN gave this game a 7.7 on 360, and their main complaints in the summary are:
7.5 Every voice actor is fantastic save one -- the lead actor. The ambient noise could have been a lot stronger.

7.5 seems too harsh.
7.5    Gameplay Go anywhere and kill anyone. These are Creed's strong points. The game gets bogged down in repetitive tasks too often.

Sounds like any typical sandbox game!

7.0    Lasting Appeal
It could take anywhere from 10-15 hours to complete depending on how thoroughly you explore the world. There's no reason to come back for seconds.

I loved Crackdown and didn't really go back to it after I explored the game world and killed off all the boss characters.  How is this any different?
ど助平