Author Topic: what do i need to try out WoW?  (Read 7571 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: what do i need to try out WoW?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2006, 05:42:11 PM »
raidfags

casualz n carebearz 4 life
duc

cubicle47b

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2006, 05:51:16 PM »
Yeah.  Although I found raiding a lot of fun and enjoyed researching and leading I would have been a lot happier during that time period if I hadn't started.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
What's the big Warlock Build these Days? I used this one in PvP and fucking DOMINATED even against raid gear Alliance with me wearing mostly blues and high high level greens. Going to do it again with my Alliance Lock

Just so you know the reason I put points into curse of Exhaustion cause I played a lot of Warsong Gulch and it is INVALUABLE there. I put points into Fel Intellect so I could leach away with Dark Pact and not worry about my pets mana.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:01:49 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »
There wasn't really a big warlock build because each tree was viable for PVP.

Soul Link was popular for 1 on 1 encounters, survivability, and an absurd advantage against caster classes with the felhunter.
Destruction was popular because of bane, ruin, shadowburn, and conflag.  It was the way to do damage quick as a lock.
Affliction was great against unorganized teams.  Just run around and cast curse of agony, corruption, and sometimes siphon life on everything.

When I PVP'd I mostly played AV and my favorite build in there was 9/21/21.  I'd demo sac a VW so I could lifetap constantly and recover from encounters quickly, have instant cast corruption, improved lifetap for more mana returns, and be able to stop and hit quick and hard with bane, ruin, and shadowburn.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:13:18 PM by cubicle47b »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:14 PM »
I dunno, I fought many a warlock, and demon shit and destructo couldnt ever hold out.

However SHADOW PRIESTS. There was this one called MiniPope, he was my NEMESIS. A dwarf shadow priest with a voodoo mask :(
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »
Was that his mask? - http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19886

Shadow Priests were tough kills if they knew what they were doing.  As an affliction lock you didn't have the ability to do that much burst damage whereas a destruction lock would and could probably win that fight much easier.

I have no idea why the soul link locks you were fighting couldn't beat you.  When I was 9/31/11 (I needed MD for BWL and didn't like MD/Ruin) I was pretty much a god against most casters.  6700 hp with 120 SR and 80 FR and my felhunter (with over 300 resistance to all schools) taking 30% of my damage while spell locking and devouring magic.  And with +550 dmg I could dish it out.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2006, 06:26:38 PM »
Welll to be fair dude, I was fighting ALLIANCE locks.
o_0

APF

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »
FFXI is great; one time when I was LFG for seven hours, I crafted something that lost me money.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
redWOOD... ANSWER ME
I said ya make a character on my server

Here's a screenshot of my UI
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
OMG, how many patches ago did Warlocks start getting shards back for pets when they used a flight path? FINALLY!

(I was away for a bit)
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 06:58:23 PM »
I quit in early August and don't remember that being in the game so it must have been fairly recent.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »
TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH
o_0