Author Topic: (steam) well this is interesting  (Read 776 times)

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
(steam) well this is interesting
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »
Steam has an EVE Online section now.

you can't do anything beyond download a trailer but hmmmm
Tonya

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: (steam) well this is interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:29:13 AM »
http://www.eve-online.com/pressreleases/default.asp?pressReleaseID=43

Launching With 21-Day Free Trial and Steam Special Price for Full Game

Bellevue, Washington and Reykjavik, Iceland - January 22, 2008 - EVE Online, the award winning massively multiplayer online (MMO) game from CCP, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 13 million accounts worldwide.

To celebrate the launch of Steam's first massively multiplayer online game offering, a special 21-day trial period for EVE will be available, free of charge, to all Steam gamers. Steam gamers will also save $5 off their first full month of EVE Online.

"Launching EVE on Steam means the addition of another fantastic PC game and the introduction of MMOs on Steam," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "The team at CCP continues to expand EVE's universe and gameplay for the legions logging in to play each month, just as we continue to expand Steam's consumer and developer features."

EVE Online is a leader in online gaming technology, hosting hundreds of thousands of players in the same persistent universe. The latest EVE Online expansions, which are always free for players, introduces a graphic update of gargantuan proportions and a host of new gameplay features. Every ship, station and stargate is rendered in an amazing splendor of spacefaring sights.

"We are immensely excited and honored that EVE Online will be the first MMO on Steam," said Magnus Bergsson, VP of Sales at CCP. "Steam has been the leading online distribution platform for a long time and home to some of the most dedicated gamers around, so we couldn't think of a better fit for EVE Online."

For more information on EVE Online and Steam, go to www.steamgames.com.
©@©™

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:20:40 AM »
EVE is evil corporate simulation voodoo
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »
i tried to play it but it just wasn't for me at all
Tonya

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »
o_0

Shins

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
i tried to play it but it just wasn't for me at all

Pretty much. Hearing about EVE is awesome. Playing it, not so much. My friends was deep into the game, and I guess he really does have fun with it, but it seems like a sci-fi Second Life to me.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »
yeah, i like the cross corp stuff

that's neat

until you hear about people creating secondary accounts to spy and essentially metagame

that's not neat

that's fucking cheating.
Tonya