Author Topic: your LEAST favorite movie 2000-2008  (Read 17792 times)

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Re: your LEAST favorite movie 2000-2008
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2008, 09:18:24 PM »
Resident Evil was really disappointing.  I haven't bothered with the other films because of it.

I was all ready to hate this one, but actually thought it was pretty good as far as videogame-based actions movies go (which is a backhanded compliment if there ever was one, but still). Thought the sequel was atrocious though and haven't bothered with the third one.

I tried watching the second RE movie, but it became impossible after our heroine busted through the church window, in slow motion, on a motorcycle.

:yuck Sounds like I'll pass on 2 and 3.

I think I went in with the wrong expectations for RE.  For some reason I thought they'd stick pretty close to the games and I was looking forward to unusual camera angles, awesome locations, a tense atmosphere etc.  As far as I remember, it was a pretty straight-forward action flick.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Re: your LEAST favorite movie 2000-2008
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2008, 12:17:39 AM »
Ironically, the closest any of the films got to the games, IMO, is in the second film, when Jill is exploring some underground area. The lighting, color palette and camera angles were actually very reminiscent of certain areas in the games.

That is exactly what I was hoping the RE film would be loaded with.  But I take it that particular bit is one of the few good things about the second film?  :(