Author Topic: Evilbore Democratic National Convention Thread  (Read 18250 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Evilbore Democratic National Convention Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
I was bummed and was doing shots, shooters and pints of beer at a bar with a friend (listening to a horrible cover band) while this was airing.  Did I miss anything?  Is McCain STILL going to be the President?

Nope.  In fact, BEFORE Obama spoke the rolling average of the Gallup poll in three days went from a 2 point McCain lead to a 1 point Obama lead to a 6 point Obama lead.  That means the single day lead for Obama in the poll is probably in the double digits.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »
Unless Obama has like, a twenty point lead, the Gallup means nothing to me.  We'll see ELECTION DAY when closet racists (FoC, anyone?) cast their vote.  Plus, if he picks a broad as his veep - oh boy!  I'm not high on McCain, but 2008 was a pretty crappy year and this would be the icing on the cake.
PSP

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
Closet racists and MILF hunters and PUMAs and OVERPAID EXECS and WARMONGERS
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »
I'd hope McCain has a coronary, so we can look at Palin all the time :drool
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
hmm Palin
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »

She is like a NaughtyAmerica dream come true!  I hope if Obama wins he appoints Palin to Secretary of MILF Island or something cool.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »
Obama would do that, cause he knows about the American Dream
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »
You guys are insane if you think that just by picking a one term female Gov. (who happens to be embroiled in a mini-scandal in Alaska right now) means McCain is any more electable.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »
I personally wouldnt be more inclined to vote for him, but I have little faith in any state that isn't attached to the pacific
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »
My mother is a somewhat "flip-flop" conservative Republican that is on the fence and - yes! - bringing on a female veep would push her over to the GOP side right now.
PSP

MrAngryFace

o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
It was a good convention but after the RNC, people will forget about the DNC.  The DNC was executed very well and shows the solidarity that party desperately needs if it wants to win 2008.  However, there is still little reason why McCain is having the performance he is having and the RNC could very well neutralize whatever gains the DNC made and then some.  Obama's saving grace would then be to do as many debates as possible, which is clearly his strong point.  Then again, McCain's "old codger" speech style will appeal to a good number of Americans who think Obama's speech style would be too slick.

Palin works for swing vote middle class soccer moms.  She even looks like them.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »
I highly, highly doubt that if he DID pick Palin it will win him any votes.  Shit, she's more inexperienced than Obama and McCain could drop any day.  How would THAT make people feel?
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:16 AM »
McCain's health isn't really a problem - I don't think anyone is concerned with him "dropping" in office save for Dems hoping for wish fulfillment.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:47 AM »
McCain is awful at speeches and talking and getting points across and treating his wife like a person
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Palin works for swing vote middle class soccer moms.  She even looks like them.

Ding ding!

This is my mother and a lot of others in her demographic.  They drive their kids to school and play golf and shit.  Palin will win some votes - don't kid yourself, Triumph.  She won't decide the election, though.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »
McCain is awful at ... treating his wife like a person

YOU ARE A DIRTY PIRATE HOOKER

Why must you say such mean things, John?

WHY DONT U GO BACK TO YOUR HOME ON WHORE ISLAND
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
No WAY your mom looks lik Palin
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
No, she's older.

I was really refering to the fact that she appeals to that demographic.  And Palin does have a very soccer mom-ish look.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
ive yet to see one that looks like her omggggg
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »
Uh, come to Maryland.  There are hundreds of Palin-esque soccer moms.  Or lacrosse moms, rather.
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »
Federwang, I'll just remind you that as late as mid February you were convinced Hillary was gonna be the nominee.  Now, I'm not saying you've got a Pee Dee track record going, but...
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2008, 09:07:24 AM »
Stupid east coast. WA is full of not so hot soccer moms -- least my area is :/
o_0

Wolf Gang

« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:14 AM »
McCain's wife is just his trophy whore.

He knows that bitch is cheating on him with black men while he's on stage trying to make a comeback on the ass reaming that Obama just gave him with his DNC speech.

I can't wait to fuck his daughter one day. What's her blog URL again? I'm going to start dropping some cliche compliments in her comments before I expose myself to her and tell her to whore herself out on me like her whore mother.

Anyway, Obama's speech was fucking AWESOME. He was just like, "bring it, motherfuckers. You ain't never debated with someone who can disspell your bullshit to your own inbred target demographic."

And yeah, Maryland is amazing. If you're not eating crab cakes, you're eating soccer moms. That's the way it goes around here.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2008, 09:20:34 AM »
Uh, I don't know how to respond to Wolf Gang.  It's kind of like that Seinfeld episode where George said, "Well, yeah, I slept with your wife!" and the board room is horrified.  I feel like the board room.

Federwang, I'll just remind you that as late as mid February you were convinced Hillary was gonna be the nominee.

Oh, come on, who wasn't?  Wasn't that the essence of a lot of talking points from the DNC - this underdog made it when we were all so sure Hillary had it in the bag.  There were a few Dem dissenters to that foregone conclusion, but not many!
PSP

Wolf Gang

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »
I can't wait for the debates.

Obama is going to make that old piece of shit sweat bullets like he was back in a POW camp.

Oh man, it is going to be so, so awesome.

I think Obama might be the first candidate that SNL might be unable to make fun of because he can make their whole show look like bullshit.

I hope Kanye West throws a Obama concert, and they bring somebody that looks like McCain on the stage, and then Kanye punches the McCain look-alike across the jaw so he has to get his jaw wired shut and have a tumor growing out the side of his mouth just like McCain. It would be just so awesome.

cool breeze

« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »
I'm watching this right now, and people need to shut up with the clapping.  He is trying to talk already.

Beardo

« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »
I can't wait for the debates.

Obama is going to make that old piece of shit sweat bullets like he was back in a POW camp.

Oh man, it is going to be so, so awesome.

I think Obama might be the first candidate that SNL might be unable to make fun of because he can make their whole show look like bullshit.

I hope Kanye West throws a Obama concert, and they bring somebody that looks like McCain on the stage, and then Kanye punches the McCain look-alike across the jaw so he has to get his jaw wired shut and have a tumor growing out the side of his mouth just like McCain. It would be just so awesome.

::)

Reality check duder.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »
You guys are insane if you think that just by picking a one term female Gov. (who happens to be embroiled in a mini-scandal in Alaska right now) means McCain is any more electable.

I kinda think it'll help nationally but jeez, can you think of any battleground states that her pick will help? Biden helps in Penn. and Ohio. Palin...?

Also I wonder if the hardcore hardcore Clinton people will be so disgusted by this "generic"-woman-not-named-Hillary that they turn up for Obama in mass. They've made it clear that all they care about is Hillary, not the issues. Palin as VP gives her a very good chance of becoming the first female president, simply due to McCain's age.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
Uh, I don't know how to respond to Wolf Gang.  It's kind of like that Seinfeld episode where George said, "Well, yeah, I slept with your wife!" and the board room is horrified.  I feel like the board room.

Federwang, I'll just remind you that as late as mid February you were convinced Hillary was gonna be the nominee.

Oh, come on, who wasn't?  Wasn't that the essence of a lot of talking points from the DNC - this underdog made it when we were all so sure Hillary had it in the bag.  There were a few Dem dissenters to that foregone conclusion, but not many!

Uh, it was pretty obvious that she was toast after 2/19 when Obama ran off all those victories in a row.  Of course, listening to the media you'd never realize that.  IT'S SO CLOSE!  Riiiight.
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
Fox confirms its Palin.

Odd that the woman is the only one with executive experience.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »
lol
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
CNN says her son is headed to Iraq. I can't confirm it though.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
Also I wonder if the hardcore hardcore Clinton people will be so disgusted by this "generic"-woman-not-named-Hillary that they turn up for Obama in mass. They've made it clear that all they care about is Hillary, not the issues. Palin as VP gives her a very good chance of becoming the first female president, simply due to McCain's age.

So far they seem to think it's a victory for women's rights and it calls out Obama's arrogance for passing over Hillary, and how Obama just got wiped out.

So, nope, same ol', same ol'. Unless Hillary calls McCain out on it, then expect a 180.
wtc

gibletsngravy

« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
Klondike? More like Klondyke lololol
♫♫♫

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:01 AM »
This is a huge move, something that will give McCain the attention he craves. Dunno if it's the best pick politically but it's a damn story.

*heads to wikipedia to look up Palin's record*

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2008, 12:44:37 PM »
Isn't she in some sort of controversy in Alaska at the moment?

edit: Staunchly pro-life, yet a supporter of capital punishment... :-\

Opposes gay-marriage, but it's cool "I have like some gay friends"

Other than that, she seems okay.  Pretty good choice, yet I doubt it was for any other reason than her being a woman.  And to be honest, there are other choices that could have been made that would've been better than this seemingly random and laughably calculated choice.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:53:53 PM by BrandNew »
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »

edit: Staunchly pro-life, yet a supporter of capital punishment... :-\

Opposes gay-marriage, but it's cool "I have like some gay friends"

Other than that, she seems okay.  Pretty good choice, yet I doubt it was for any other reason than her being a woman.

Actually she opposes gay marriage (you know, just like Obama) but supports state benefits for the partners of gay state employees

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2008, 12:56:54 PM »
Whoops, I missed that part.

Jesus, I'm blind, that was like a whole paragraph.  :lol
püp

« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/08/ak_gov_says_staffer_pressed_for_troopers_firing.php

In a press conference this afternoon, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) conceded that someone inside her administration pressured the state's Department of Public Safety to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten, Palin's former brother-in-law, who is now embroiled in a bitter custody battle with Palin's sister.

Palin's statement is the latest in what has come to be known around Alaska as "Wooten-gate." The scandal began on July 11, when Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan was fired from his post with little explanation, a move that quickly raised questions in Alaska.

A few days later, Monegan came forward, stating that he had been pressured by those around Palin to fire Wooten -- but had refused to do so -- a choice that he believes led to his sudden dismissal. Palin denied Monegan's accusations, and a Legislative Council has appointed a special commission to probe the matter.

In today's conference, Palin said that state troopers had taped a phone call from Frank Bailey, Palin's director of boards and commissions whom she appointed last August, in which Bailey inquired about having Wooten fired.

At the press conference today, Palin distanced herself from Bailey's actions claiming that he acted alone, but the recordings suggest that he was acting at her instigation.

"The Palins can't figure out why nothing's going on," Bailey said in the recorded phone call. "So Todd and Sarah are scratching their heads saying 'Why is this guy representing the department, he's a horrible recruiting tool.' You know? So from their perspective everybody's protecting him. . . Audi probably disagrees with me, Walt [Monegan] does and I understand it's really touchy, but I just want you to understand that cops that use excessive force or go out of the lines, they just have no tolerance, because they've seen the facts personally."

Bailey has yet to comment. Calls to his phone went directly to voice mail.
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »
You guys are overthinking the Palin viewpoint.

Palin represents the swing voter soccer moms because soccer moms are very superficial.  Palin looks like them, has similar convictions than them, and proves that you don't have to be a raging baby killing feminist like Hillary Clinton to be a woman in politics.  Palin is the kind of woman you'd see getting her Starbucks latte every morning, going to work, and then making sure that she brings her Aerostar or her Grand Cherokee to pick up the kids at 3 pm.

It doesn't matter what her viewpoints are because it is unlikely she will implement them.  It isn't like she is capable of firebombing legislation.  She is just there for show, which is a lot of times, the traditional VP role.

Her job is make sure that the soccer moms vote for McCain/Palin and a lot of them will, where they might have went to Obama, a black man and the last time she saw a black man was on MTV rapping about guns and bitches.
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »
any increase in mccains chances to 'get in' makes me GRRR
o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:07 PM »

It will be interesting.  Frankly I think that Obama's time to shine was in the summer.  This was when the GOP was the most disorganized and the fact that he and McCain wound up being neck and neck is disturbing and makes me pessimistic, which is why I keep thinking Obama is the Dukakis of 2008.  I'd love to be wrong and in fact, I hope I am.  Obama should have had a constant 10-20 pt lead over McCain.

As far as I am concerned, Obama's saving grace is doing as many televised debates as he can and hopes that the disenfranchised and apathetic come out of the woodwork and vote in droves for Obama.  I'm not holding my breath on that one because they didn't bother to show up in 2000 or 2004.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:00:02 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
That forum is terrifying. It's filled with people who think they have THE INSIDE SCOOP, when really they're just following the exact bullshit the party has been feeding them for decades. It's weird, man.
wha

« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
what a fucking irony

Obama defending 'inexperience' allegations from day one.  McCain touting his 'experience' ....

and now?
Crm

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »
I was bummed and was doing shots, shooters and pints of beer at a bar with a friend (listening to a horrible cover band) while this was airing.  Did I miss anything?  Is McCain STILL going to be the President?

Do like 40% of Americans still not believe in evilution?
serge

« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2008, 03:00:26 PM »

It will be interesting.  Frankly I think that Obama's time to shine was in the summer.  This was when the GOP was the most disorganized and the fact that he and McCain wound up being neck and neck is disturbing and makes me pessimistic, which is why I keep thinking Obama is the Dukakis of 2008.  I'd love to be wrong and in fact, I hope I am.  Obama should have had a constant 10-20 pt lead over McCain.

yeah i know what you mean :-/

on a serious note:  Palin Pick is a bit of a shocker for me.  I didn't think Mccain would be gutsy enough for such a risky pick.   I at least think that McCain wont be as bad as Obamaphiles make him out to be, if only because he seems so feisty and unpreditable sometimes
Crm

TVC15

« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »

yeah i know what you mean :-/

on a serious note:  Palin Pick is a bit of a shocker for me.  I didn't think Mccain would be gutsy enough for such a risky pick.   I at least think that McCain wont be as bad as Obamaphiles make him out to be, if only because he seems so feisty and unpreditable sometimes

I dunno, the pick makes me think McCain has been paying too much attention to the Hillary/PUMA movement, because I don't see any other significant reason he'd pick her over one of the more established Republican names that would have got him guaranteed support. 

Biden sure is going to have an easy time at any VP debates.  He'll impale her whore ass.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2008, 03:09:14 PM »
I dunno, the pick makes me think McCain has been paying too much attention to the Hillary/PUMA movement

That's my first reaction too.

The McCain campaign and its surrogates have really tried to push the "Hillary was dissed" meme and I think they're massively overestimating the traction they can get out of it.

TVC15

« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »
I dunno, the pick makes me think McCain has been paying too much attention to the Hillary/PUMA movement

That's my first reaction too.

The McCain campaign and its surrogates have really tried to push the "Hillary was dissed" meme and I think they're massively overestimating the traction they can get out of it.

Well, this may be a lame VP pick, but the Republicans still have the one trick up their sleeve that they've used in the past 3 election cycles:  Them gays be wantin' to get married.  I'm sure that if they wanted to, they could get more gay marriage bans out there in the states that don't already have them, thus attracting stupid christians that vote only right to the polls.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2008, 03:26:58 PM »
I think they mostly shot their wad on that one, if only because they got so many anti-gay marriage laws on the books.  Winning those referendums in Michigan and Ohio in 2004 means they can't put it on the ballot again in 2008.

You know, Palin wasn't an awful choice given the circumstances.  McCain can't pick someone too closely associated with the Bush brand and that rules out basically every Republican in the federal government.  So it had to be a governor.  Arnold's foreign, Jeb is a Bush, Charlie Crist is gay.

That leaves pretty slim pickings.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2008, 04:31:10 PM »
Obama isnt for gay marriage so much either iirc, he does support their ability to reap similar benefits tho
o_0

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
David Brooks is driven into drooling incoherence by the prospect of an Obama victory.

In his mind I'm sure it's a brilliant satire.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »
David Brooks is driven into drooling incoherence by the prospect of an Obama victory.

In his mind I'm sure it's a brilliant satire.

He really embarrassed himself last night on PBS. He seems to have some type of teen infatuation with Obama, one which goes hot or cold depending on the most arbitrary, random nonsense reasons possible. So last night after the speech he told the panel he was disappointed: ohhh this was a purely Democrat speech, not aimed at republicans or independents at all, and woe is me cuz I came here and Obama didn't personally give me a thank you letter. Never mind that Obama said "democrats, republicans, and independents" 5 or 6 times in that speech, never mind the end of the speech where he called for common ground on abortion, guns, and gay marriage. Luckily the panelists called him out on it

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »
wtc

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
Biden sure is going to have an easy time at any VP debates.  He'll impale her whore ass.

But won't that only strengthen the perception that Obama is cumming to get our white wimmens?
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
Brooks praised Obama early on but for the last year has been acting shocked, SHOCKED to find out that he's a liberal.

It's possible that he's this dumb but I think he's just concern trolling.  Playing the open-minded centrist who just happens to be disappointed in every single prominent Democrat is part of his schtick, along with creating half-assed binary divisions of American culture (red states walk like this, blue states walk like this!).

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »

Palin represents the swing voter soccer moms because soccer moms are very superficial.  Palin looks like them, has similar convictions than them, and proves that you don't have to be a raging baby killing feminist like Hillary Clinton to be a woman in politics.  Palin is the kind of woman you'd see getting her Starbucks latte every morning, going to work, and then making sure that she brings her Aerostar or her Grand Cherokee to pick up the kids at 3 pm.

It doesn't matter what her viewpoints are because it is unlikely she will implement them.  It isn't like she is capable of firebombing legislation.  She is just there for show, which is a lot of times, the traditional VP role.

Her job is make sure that the soccer moms vote for McCain/Palin and a lot of them will, where they might have went to Obama, a black man and the last time she saw a black man was on MTV rapping about guns and bitches.
I think it's been generally found that woman do not like pretty women in politics. Also the fact that these soccer mums put their children ahead of their careers and when Palin is seemingly seen as striding ahead with her policital ambitions when her disabled son is at home might jive with their socially conservative views.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2008, 12:43:38 AM »

As far as I am concerned, Obama's saving grace is doing as many televised debates as he can and hopes that the disenfranchised and apathetic come out of the woodwork and vote in droves for Obama.  I'm not holding my breath on that one because they didn't bother to show up in 2000 or 2004.

But all he needs is Kerry's states plus a couple of Iowa/Colorado/NewMexico/Nevada/Virginia

He's doing better than national polling would indicate. And Obama/Biden are going to dominate the debates, I wish there were more of them.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

I think it's been generally found that woman do not like pretty women in politics. Also the fact that these soccer mums put their children ahead of their careers and when Palin is seemingly seen as striding ahead with her policital ambitions when her disabled son is at home might jive with their socially conservative views.

These are good points.
o_0