Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 463273 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #4080 on: October 31, 2008, 04:16:17 PM »
I know obama is gonna win. But man if mccain won somehow. I would love to see the looks on your faces.

You can't, we're on the internet.
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I like this article from 538:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/big-empty.html#comments

The short of it is that there is just about no ground game and local efforts for McCain.  Which is pretty telling of how enthusiastic their base is.
🍆🍆

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
I know obama is gonna win. But man if mccain won somehow. I would love to see the looks on your faces.

If McCain wins, I am going to step away from the internet for a while and crawl into an alcohol- and marijuana-filled hole for a few weeks, until I feel ready to face the world again without saying anything foolishly hyperbolic.  So the look on my face will be somewhere between Truman Capote and Jeff Spicoli.
serge

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #4083 on: October 31, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »

If McCain wins, I am going to step away from the internet for a while and crawl into an alcohol- and marijuana-filled hole for a few weeks, until I feel ready to face the world again without saying anything foolishly hyperbolic.  So the look on my face will be somewhere between Truman Capote and Jeff Spicoli.

Same here.
野球

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
same

minus the weed

but my face will be one of Orson Welles in angry mode

Tonya

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
if McCain wins I will become increasingly certain that we are living in an alternate timeline where history has diverged from What Actually Happened
乱学者

TVC15

Orson Welles was so hot.  I'd let him fuck me.  Any iteration of him, too.
serge

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind

Exactly what I'm doing!
HLR

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
http://gawker.com/5072722/barack-obama-cockblocker

This man is so magic. Obama is the greatest. He'll call you up and apologize for cockblocking you.
wha

Eric P

• Icon

cocky young is my favorite

it's a shame we can't just give people like that infinite amounts of money and say "go"

Tonya

TVC15

cocky young is my favorite

it's a shame we can't just give people like that infinite amounts of money and say "go"

:bow Orson :bow2

[youtube=425,350]uQoF5tMTQ9o[/youtube]
serge

Eric P

• Icon
i'd have loved to have seen his Othello

Patrick Stewart did the same thing kind of. Othello based in 30s Louisiana with him as Othello, everyone else was Black

it wasn't that great.
Tonya

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4092 on: October 31, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »
http://gawker.com/5072722/barack-obama-cockblocker

This man is so magic. Obama is the greatest. He'll call you up and apologize for cockblocking you.

pimp smooth
乱学者

TVC15

Did you ever get to see Chimes at Midnight?  It is awesome.
serge

Eric P

• Icon
no i never did, which is strange because i love Falstaff as a character

Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
we seem to have the nerdiest conversations.
Tonya

TVC15

You can find torrents of Chimes at Midnight pretty easily, or I can upload/burn you a copy.  It's in legal hell and will likely never be released in the US.  I don't know why, because as far as I recall, it's his daughter or something that is holding up release, but Orson completed the whole movie on his own with no studio fuckery.

Did youc heck out Mr. Arkadin?  There's that Criterion box set with like 3 different cuts of it.  I like that one a lot because it's interesting to guess at what Orson's final cut would have looked like, or even where he was ultimately going with the picture.

serge

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon

If McCain won I would probably start drinking until I couldn't anymore.
yar

Eric P

• Icon
You can find torrents of Chimes at Midnight pretty easily, or I can upload/burn you a copy.  It's in legal hell and will likely never be released in the US.  I don't know why, because as far as I recall, it's his daughter or something that is holding up release, but Orson completed the whole movie on his own with no studio fuckery.

Did youc heck out Mr. Arkadin?  There's that Criterion box set with like 3 different cuts of it.  I like that one a lot because it's interesting to guess at what Orson's final cut would have looked like, or even where he was ultimately going with the picture.

i have super internet now

i'll see if i can't locate a copy

i have mr arkadin in my queue, but didn't reactivate netflix and won't until i get paid
Tonya

Oblivion

You know, there may be a mountain of legitimate reasons why there's absolutely no way Obama could lose, but the American public has demonstrated in the past that they can defy all expectations.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
If McCain wins, I'll piss and moan about it for a bit and then that will be it.
🍆🍆

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
mccain wining is nowhere near as bad as palin winning.  idiots will think she's ready as she needs to be for the presidency.

Rman

mccain wining is nowhere near as bad as palin winning.  idiots will think she's ready as she needs to be for the presidency.
It can be one in the same.  McCain pretty old, dude.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
This guy is supremely nuts.

After the last week of market disasters and scenes of mobs clamoring for just a glimpse of Barack Hussein Obama, I had all of these thoughts fresh in my mind as I ended my radio show and finally fell asleep last Saturday.  My last conscious thoughts were of the dark clouds coming ashore in America and what our response to martial law, shortages, imprisoned patriots, and riots would be…………..

:usacry :usacry :usacry
yar

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #4104 on: October 31, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

if you actually were unlucky enough to see the look on my face in person, it would be the last thing you saw.

umm im kidding of course. heh heh...  :angel
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:12:46 PM by BlackMage »
UNF

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4105 on: October 31, 2008, 08:12:31 PM »

if you actually were unlucky enough to see the look on my face in person, it would be the last thing you saw.

Did you just threaten to kill another member?
🍆🍆

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #4106 on: October 31, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »

Did you just threaten to kill another member?

well yeah  :D
UNF

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
oh come on! I've done far worse. You have to admit I've been a lot calmer nowadays!
UNF

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
BlackMage has threatened to kill most of the better members here.  It's a rite of passage.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
you have been much calmer
[close]

with lyte edge being the only member who i threatened to kill in PMs. He should feel special.
UNF

Mandark

• Icon
Right now I'm filing this whole Rashid Khalidi mess under "Should be outraged but I'm too tired".

Hopefully I can work up enough indignation to do it justice later on.  There are several of the worst things about politics happening at once here.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
Man, McCain's concession speech is gonna be awesome.  And when I say awesome, I mean I'm looking forward to him choking out some sort of vague well wishing.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
It would be interesting if he tried to make amends with Obama
🍆🍆

Mandark

• Icon
His term ends in 2010 and I don't see him sticking around after that.

Maybe he'll make a grand gesture or two to salvage his reputation on the way.  Bucking his party on immigration again, something like that.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
His term ends in 2010 and I don't see him sticking around after that.

Maybe he'll make a grand gesture or two to salvage his reputation on the way.  Bucking his party on immigration again, something like that.

:shh There was a poll today showing him trailing Napolitano like 53-45. BU BU BU THE GOP IS SURE TO PICK UP SENATE SEATS IN 2010!
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Man, McCain's concession speech is gonna be awesome.  And when I say awesome, I mean I'm looking forward to him choking out some sort of vague well wishing.

I'm not even sure how McCain could concede gracefully at this point, he's demonized Obama so much.

Is he gonna go, "well ... it turns out Obama wasn't that bad after all. Congratulations!"
乱学者

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
"KEEP AN EYE ON HIM AMERICA, HE MAY TRY TO DESTROY YOU ALL"
wtc

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
God, fuck you CNN. Already stirring the pot on a possible McCain comeback.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME
HLR

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I have little respect for televised news media these days.  CNN trying to keep it close so they can increase their ad revenue is pathetic.

Maddow is decent in small doses though I can't watch one of her shows straight through.  Olbermann these days is about as bad as O'Reilly.  I think he's a secret admirer because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
🍆🍆

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

Fox News has already beat them to the punch.  Hannity is reporting that McCain is now in the lead in their new poll.....lol
Tacos

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
So, doing the Halloween thing with my wife's family today, there was some slight political discussion. Nothing terribly offensive, until one person blurted out that while they didn't really like McCain, they just couldn't stomach voting for someone who has connections to terrorists. Ayers? No, not that. But his name. Hussein, who names their kid Hussein these days? I saw my wife struggle to keep a straight face while attempting to craft a response that didn't involve just flat out insulting the person.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

Fox News has already beat them to the punch.  Hannity is reporting that McCain is now in the lead in their new poll.....lol

zogby had mccain up 1, but now he has obama up 1. i think this is an attempt to get depressed republican voters to the polls -- apparently, the democrat turnout is 2 to 3 times that of the gop.

my new big irrational fear is now registered democrats in swing states voting for mccain because of all the "he's a turrist"  chatter :'(
duc

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
the funny thing is if you remember that "traditional" Gallup poll that had Obama only up by 3, that Drudge was hyping to the ends of creation last week...

Obama's up by 8 in that model today...crickets...crickets
乱学者

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
I voted.

EARLY.

FOR BARACK OBAMA!

[youtube=425,350]vBOJPWaSUS0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:42:46 AM by Bloodwake »
HLR

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Obama 'unaware of illegal aunt'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7704052.stm

old news?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
octobah suhpwise
püp

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
old lady will take your steel worker job!
o_0

MrAngryFace

the funny thing is if you remember that "traditional" Gallup poll that had Obama only up by 3, that Drudge was hyping to the ends of creation last week...

Obama's up by 8 in that model today...crickets...crickets

There's apparently two versions of the gallup, nate silver explained in on msnbc the other night.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the zogby mccain +1 poll was the result of ONE of the polling sets used in zogby's unweighted day polls, and only covers 150-250 people

it's meaningless unto itself, as zogby even says, but drudge is trying to get depressed republicans to turn out to vote
duc

MrAngryFace

o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
ugh

o'reilly calling him a capitalist cause he buys things  :lol
püp

MrAngryFace

she talks like shes 12
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
she was as funny as one too back in the 90s

spoiler (click to show/hide)
not funny
[close]
püp

drozmight

Election poll numbers  :piss2
rub

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
My parents got 17 robocalls from John McCain.

MOTHERFUCKING 17!!!
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
lolz I had my landline disconnected about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Smart me!
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
My parents voted.  +2 Obama.

My Dad voted for Obama, which is amazing, considering how much he wanted to fly the Confederate flag, hates black people (black people aren't allowed on his property..srsly) and how pro-gun he is.  I guess losing $85,000 on your 401k in a month makes you look at things a lot differently.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Reminds me of McCain banners on PoliGAF threads
🍆🍆

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
wtc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
It's November. I can't believe it, soo close to this being over