Author Topic: Final Fantasy III is the best Final Fantasy since the PSOne era  (Read 8014 times)

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
Re: Final Fantasy III is the best Final Fantasy since the PSOne era
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2006, 12:45:14 AM »
Oh bother...

Phoenix Alttp defined Zelda for what it is (and shockingly) the same thing it is today... 3 areas (red, blue, green) - master sword - event - more dungeons.

I dunno dude TP is just a big dissapointment for me thus far, the music SUCKS, and there are virtually no memorable characters i.e. Saria, Durania, Ruto, King Zora, Nabru, TwinRova...

However it is the same standard Zelda with pretty graphics and some cool puzzles, but I just was expecting the best of OoT and MM, and what I got was OoT redux.

It's not a BAD game AT ALL, it's just not the best Zelda.  I think I set my standards wayyyyy too high for this game, but the last time I did that it worked out even better ; Majora's Mask.

Himu

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2006, 12:51:09 AM »
I have no idea how you can say TP has no memorable characters. If you say this, you're probably not even going out of your way to even try to remember them. Personally speaking, OoT has hardly any memorable characters at all. Saria? Ahahahah. I met her at the beginning of the game like 2 times, and then when I go to the forest temple she's a fucking Sage and I'm supposed to give a shit? Ruto? I hate that fucking Zora. Durania? Forgot who that fuck is. King Zora? Oh please. The guy was simply FROZEN. How is that memorable at all? He did nothing in the game at all.

In TP, almost all the characters are used atleast once. This includes shop keepers, so you actually establish SOME kind of relationship. Even the minor characters like the kids are likable. Zelda TP is the first time in a Zelda game where story is one of my incentives for playing. Don't know what you're talking about.

And seriously. How the hell can someone use MUSIC as a huge negative? Come the fuck on. The music, for what it's worth, is extremely above average. It's not OoT worthy, but still great. Need I direct you to the Lake Hylia theme?

OoT redux is false. The game is nothing like OoT aside from staple Zelda traditions, it only lends fanservice from that game. TP adds so much to the typical Zelda formula that it feels like Zelda reborn. There's so much variety here that you're either missing out on, or not even bothering to appreciate that no other Zelda game has offered.

Nostalgia is a bitch.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:53:14 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Christopher

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2006, 12:55:50 AM »
:rolleyes

Zelda was one of my favorite games I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

What the fuck you only met Saria once or twice she was in the begining of the game with you, gave you the Ocarina, taught you "Saria's Song", and she became a sage after you learned she went to the forest temple...wtf?  How is that forgetable?

"I hate that fucking stupid Zora" ok yeah you can tell we're having a great converstation here.

No Nostaglia isn't a bitch, fanboys are.

Himu

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:45 AM »
I found the whole Sage plot line to be extremely gay, to be honest.
IYKYK

Christopher

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2006, 12:59:44 AM »
And you find a diamond around Hyrule Castle and getting pieces of a mirror compelling?

Himu

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2006, 01:00:23 AM »
Because that's the main story. You are totally correct! :lol
IYKYK

shedt

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »
it's a new engine though? and it was not released in NA, so i can see what Willco is saying