Author Topic: I present to you....The best band of all time  (Read 6890 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Re: I present to you....The best band of all time
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »
AMC

Diablos

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2006, 10:39:40 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:42:51 PM by Diablos »

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2006, 11:02:15 PM »
Another Favorite:

and my taste is the best here, so deal with it....

Wii

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No. They were great, but they only had one classic album, and one really really good one. In terms of the grunge movement, artistically they were leaps ahead of everyone else.

Once again the true answer:

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2006, 11:34:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No. They were great, but they only had one classic album, and one really really good one. In terms of the grunge movement, artistically they were leaps ahead of everyone else.

It just seems like people are throwing favorites out there. I already said I thought Zeppelin was.

Anyhow, what albums are you referring to? Superunknown is their masterpiece, but Down on the Upside is almost as good and Badmotorfinger is fucking metal. And Louder than Love is great too. I think it's some Soundgarden fans favorite. And Ultramega OK has some great songs, too. They pretty much got better and better, but their catalog is so damn diverse and they're almost a different band if you compare their early and later days. Soundgarden fucking ruled.
AMC

Diablos

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2006, 11:34:57 PM »
I concur. Fuck Audioslave. Bring back Soundgarden.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »
Shut the fuck up Diablos

I was referring to Superunknown, Cajole. It's got a couple filler songs (Half is basically the definition of "filler song"), but it's still amazing. So many amazing tracks, many of which offer different insights into the band's talents. From the hardrock kicks to the face (Let Me Drown) to the more cryptic, experimental oddities (4th of July), it's amazing

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2006, 11:39:53 PM »
I concur. Fuck Audioslave. Bring back Soundgarden.
Wow, you do have some common sense....

Kill Velvet Revolver and give me back my STP while yer at it
Wii

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »
Well, I knew you meant Superunknown when you said classic, but I meant what's the other one you were talking about? And Half is the only subpar song on the album.

And Velvet Revolver is so much worse than Audioslave. Audioslave's first album was at least pretty damn great. Velvet Revolver's album made me want to cry.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2006, 11:45:57 PM »
Well, I knew you meant Superunknown when you said classic, but I meant what's the other one you were talking about? And Half is the only subpar song on the album.

And Velvet Revolver is so much worse than Audioslave. Audioslave's first album was at least pretty damn great. Velvet Revolver's album made me want to cry.

Head Down and Fresh Tendrils are also pretty weak. Basically every song Ben Shepard and Matt Cameron were credited for either sucked (Half) or was extremely lackluster (Fresh Tendrills).

Chris Cornell basically wrote all of the hits on the album, as well as most of the other great songs like the title track and 4th of July. Kim's contributions were also great too, obviously.

Audioslave's first album was amazing. The second was lackluster, although it had some amazing songs on it. The third is great

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »

Head Down and Fresh Tendrils are also pretty weak.
I love both those songs.  8)
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »
Meh.

Most of the songs on the album either grabbed me right away or not at all. Although I didn't like Mailman much at first, but it's a pretty fucking brilliant songs. Sinister buildup, lyrics

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2006, 12:02:55 AM »
You never answered my question, PD.
AMC

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2006, 12:09:43 AM »
Tool is the best band ever, listen to Tool or parish without knowing that which is good.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2006, 12:09:52 AM »
Badmotorfinger

It had lots of songs that fell flat imo, but the good songs on that album first gave me the impression that Soundgarden could be the next Zeppelin/Sabbath type rock band

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2006, 12:10:13 AM »
Tool is the best band ever, listen to Tool or parish without knowing that which is good.

I bet you got into Tool with Lateralus

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »
Tool is the best band ever

Incorrect

Kraftwerk and Faith No More are two of the greatest collections of musicians ever to grace the earth.

Plain and simple

Wii

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2006, 12:12:58 AM »
Badmotorfinger

It had lots of songs that fell flat imo, but the good songs on that album first gave me the impression that Soundgarden could be the next Zeppelin/Sabbath type rock band
Now that I can agree with - there are a bunch of subpar songs on that album, but for the most part it rocks. and it rocks HARD.

And you talk like you're old enough to have listened to the album back in 1991. :lol
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2006, 12:15:03 AM »
Badmotorfinger

Now that I can agree with - there are a bunch of subpar songs on that album, but for the most part it rocks. and it rocks HARD.

And you talk like you're old enough to have listened to the album back in 1991. :lol
:lol

I'm concocting stories I can tell the kids!

"When I was young we had REAL rock bands. There was this one band called Soundgarden...I'll never forget the first time I heard them..."

:lol

Diablos

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »
Shut the fuck up Diablos

Why, because I make a valid point?

Audioslave isn't anywhere close to being as good as Soundgarden was.

STP, even though I didn't care for them, was also a much better band than Velvet Revolver.