Author Topic: NPD DAY!!!  (Read 28376 times)

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Re: NPD DAY!!!
« Reply #360 on: December 12, 2008, 05:36:21 AM »
Fuck Wii music man.

Seriously.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #361 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:26 AM »
I don't agree Kosma.

Although at the 30 hour mark, i quit Twilight because it had become really boring, i can't say i had any more fun with Wind Waker. The whole Tri Quest at the end killed it for me too.

Never finished a zelda game. They always mess up the later parts.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #362 on: December 12, 2008, 07:34:32 AM »
I like Wind Waker more than TP, but TP was much easier.
jon

Tabasco

« Reply #363 on: December 12, 2008, 08:15:04 AM »
nuke it from orbit demi.  spare no one

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2008, 08:39:48 AM »
EmCeeGrammar, I know you.  You're that insane Nfag over at GAF who searched through all my posts for "Nailed it" and linked them in some thread.  Disgusting Nfag scum.  Get the fuck out of my hobby.
hey

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #365 on: December 12, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
People that seriously think that the Wii is going to get the bulk of third-party software support or is the new gaming platform of choice are insane.  The numbers clearly show that the Wii has tapped into an entirely new demographic that are inclined to buy a Wii for dinner parties and such over a karaoke machine nowadays.

The Wii is the new karaoke machine.

The Xbox 360 is taking the traditional, more hardcore base that has nurtured for the industry for decades.  EA, Activision, etc. are not going to abandon traditional gaming, especially when they can move a million to two million units in a month with a AAA release.

If Japanese developers are more inclined to put crap like Dragon Quest on the DS and other legacy brands on the Wii, it doesn't really matter.  The Japanese have been irrelevant for almost a decade in terms of modern gaming.
PSP

dammitmattt

« Reply #366 on: December 12, 2008, 09:06:26 AM »
EmCeeGrammar, I know you.  You're that insane Nfag over at GAF who searched through all my posts for "Nailed it" and linked them in some thread.  Disgusting Nfag scum.  Get the fuck out of my hobby.

That was possibly the greatest post ever.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #367 on: December 12, 2008, 09:31:31 AM »

That was possibly the greatest post ever.

one reason i would like to see Nintendo continue winning is for meltdowns like that  :lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:33:37 AM by Purple Filth »

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »
People that seriously think that the Wii is going to get the bulk of third-party software support or is the new gaming platform of choice are insane.  The numbers clearly show that the Wii has tapped into an entirely new demographic that are inclined to buy a Wii for dinner parties and such over a karaoke machine nowadays.

The Wii is the new karaoke machine.

The Xbox 360 is taking the traditional, more hardcore base that has nurtured for the industry for decades.  EA, Activision, etc. are not going to abandon traditional gaming, especially when they can move a million to two million units in a month with a AAA release.

If Japanese developers are more inclined to put crap like Dragon Quest on the DS and other legacy brands on the Wii, it doesn't really matter.  The Japanese have been irrelevant for almost a decade in terms of modern gaming.

Japanese developers irrelevant?
 What?  
I mean I could look at that as a subjective statement with slight hyperbole, but then you say its been almost a decade...
What are we talking about here? Game design or sales?

sad

Grecco

« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2008, 09:40:56 AM »
I am personally stoked about L4Ds sales and beating out the Sfag savior Resistance 2

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #370 on: December 12, 2008, 10:05:07 AM »

I agree with most of your post about third parties except this. Western "hardcore" gamers did migrate to the 360, obviously.  And wii's key audience is as you said the karaoke machine of the gaming world people in which the only real games that sell on it tend to have Mario in the title since moms and little kiddies, the core wii audience, can play it. Stuff like Metroid/Zelda/etc didn't get a boost since last gen. But I think it's a western only thing in terms of all the REAL gamers going for 360 and ignoring Wii. Japafags, or at least gamers in Japan or whatever passes for gamers in Japan anymore went for Wii which is why stuff like Dragon Quest is on Wii.

It just isn't that way here, the big rpg scene in Japan will do fine on Wii. DQ 10 will sell shitloads there. And it will be a irrelevant game franchise in America like it always was.

cool breeze

« Reply #371 on: December 12, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
Wiifit and Wiimusic arent terrible at all. You'll never buy them, and thats okay.  But your opinion doesnt hold much value as a result.  Often the difference between trolling and criticsm is how obvious someone judges something at face value. I think sony and microsoft's first party offerings appear derivative (cept lbp and gears), but really who gives a shit what I think about games I never played? So of course I'm going to refrain from comment about their potential quality.

and I wouldnt be surprised if I got banned for flamebaiting, are you?

oh and "real gaming". That gets a smirk.  When developers can get out of the "kill the other guy" mentality that games have been made with for the past 20 years then I'll take the medium seriously.

I don't have a problem with WiiFit or WiiMusic at all. I don't think they're "games" in the traditional sense, but they're certainly top-notch interactive software.

I just don't understand the die-hard Nintendo fans who have been waiting for Nintendo to reclaim the top-spot since the PS1 generation because they loved Nintendo 1st party games above all and are now giddy with excitement about Wii sales when Mario Kart is the only traditional game that still charts.

I can't believe that these people who loved the N64 for stuff like OOT, Goldeneye, Mario 64, Star Fox, etc are satisfied with the current Wii lineup. If you aren't into the "Wii _____________" titles, then the games lineup is worse than the N64 or even the Gamecube.

Pretty much this. Like, exactly what you say.  I can't understand the mindset of Wii supporters at all.

And Wii Fit isn't completely terrible if only because two or three minigames are actually entertaining, and I guess there is a market for lazy people playing video games who are ignorant that they're out of shape until they see a video game tell them.  Wii Music is complete garbage.  The defense of this game had people saying it was 'magic' -- that should show how hard it was to defend even by Nintendo fan standards.  I played the game with friends, borrowed it and played it a bit alone, and it's just terrible anyway you can define it.  In the end it's an electronic toy that doesn't have any practical use outside of being a glorified noise make and honestly the $50 would be better spent on a cheap plastic keyboard that has the option to play fart noises.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2008, 11:17:39 AM »
Jesus Christ, just imagine what Wii could do if there were actually decent games out this holiday season...

Also I'd be curious to see how Mirror's Edge and Valkyria did... :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:19:21 AM by tiesto »
^_^

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »
The whole point of wii music is to not make complete horrid noise. Because trust me its very easy to do just that.  The appeal comes from making sure your melody/harmony/bass/chord/percussion all sync up in a pleasing way. You get out of it what you put into it.

Can we reserve the trolling for wiiplay please?
sad