HOW AWESOME

Awesome
5 (13.2%)
SO AWESOME
17 (44.7%)
mupepe
16 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Dead Rising 2 CONFIRMED - is this awesome y/n?  (Read 11509 times)

BobFromPikeCreek

Re: Dead Rising 2 CONFIRMED - is this awesome y/n?
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
Yesssssssssssss. I was really more worried they'd get rid of the time management than the save system. It can still be fun with a pussified save system, but not without the 72 hour concept.
zzzzz

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »
Yesssssssssssss. I was really more worried they'd get rid of the time management than the save system. It can still be fun with a pussified save system, but not without the 72 hour concept.

Agreed.  If they were only gonna keep one, it should be the time limit.
yar

Jansen

« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:45 PM »
Time flow in DR2: The way time was dealt with in DR belongs to the core of the game experience/mechanics according to Inafune, Blue Castle thinks so too, so they're gonna bring it back. Keeping the element was important for the sequel. Time managment here to stay.

Haters suddenly step away in fear...

separating the wheat from the chaff

cool breeze

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »

well, yeah.  Even if there were multiple save slots, you could always just stick to one of them and it would be the same.  If they changed the time system, you could really work around it.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:01 PM »
while you guys celebrating the victory it looks like a nintendo fan saw the light?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14835539&postcount=11

You guys think they gonna increase the time limit (another 24hrs)?

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »

well, yeah.  Even if there were multiple save slots, you could always just stick to one of them and it would be the same.  If they changed the time system, you could really work around it.

I don't think the whiny babies want multiple save slots as much as they want the ability to save anywhere.  Hobbling back to safety, barely alive was one of the reasons why I loved Dead Rising, and one of the reasons it was the best representation of zombies in a game yet. I'd be sad to see it go, but I could live with it.
zzzzz

cool breeze

« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »
I just remember people complaining about how they couldn't load up an old save and take another path or something.  I don't know.  I was never clear on what the problem was with the save system.  You played it once, you did what you could, then you replayed it and tried to tackle what you couldn't the first time.   The game is really short and build around that idea.  Same case with the Way of the Samurai games.

Draft

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
:bow Capcom :bow2
:piss People who hate weird control/save systems in Capcom games :piss2

drew

• sy
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2009, 03:03:12 PM »
yay

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
I just remember people complaining about how they couldn't load up an old save and take another path or something.
That's a pretty dumb complaint. The game is like 6 hours long. Play it again.
zzzzz

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »
Dead Rising Chop "til you Drop sold a whopping 6,400 copies during its first day of release in Japan.

No Dead Rising 2 for the Wii, confirmed.

Poor Wii-only owners.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
new chop till you drop vid

now with Zombie pop up  :lol

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14267382/dead-rising/videos/deadrising_swarming.html

Whose "rich" idea was this again?