Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3602392 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30660 on: January 24, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
I never adopted a kid in skyrim because those shits are ugly and annoying. I'm pretty sure Bethesda hates children because in their games they're always a fucking nightmare to be around.
So...just like real kids.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30661 on: January 25, 2018, 09:44:22 PM »
Been playing some Metroid: Samus Returns - it's damn challenging, the "Order of Eccelsia" of the Metroid series, and I think it's got an overreliance on the melee system like other people have said. Maps are large and confusing, just the way I like it.

Also watched my friend play Iconoclasts, looks pretty fun though I didn't really see much in the way of SJW stuff, just typical indie Metroidvania stuff.
^_^

archnemesis

« Reply #30662 on: January 27, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »

Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) is really well made. It's quite challenging and the controls on the 3DS aren't the best for precise movements. Now that I've figured out the timing of the melee counter I'm progressing faster.

Yesterday I played some Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out Together! (NSW) with my SO. The puzzles are simple yet genuinely fun with someone close.

An ad made me aware of The Room: Old Sins (iOS) and I bought it five seconds later. It is as amazing as the other games in the series.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30663 on: January 27, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
Whaaat there's a new Room, copped
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30664 on: January 27, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
I'm about halfway done with PDZ on Perfect Agent (the hardest you can until you unlock Dark Agent)

This game is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced. I cant believe this was a thing on launch. Oh my fucking god no wonder people hate Microsoft
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30665 on: January 27, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
as a dedicated rare hater, i would ask that you please elaborate for my enjoyment
pcp

kingv

« Reply #30666 on: January 27, 2018, 06:10:12 PM »
PDZ does indeed suck. It even sucked in 2005.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30667 on: January 27, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
69 hours into nier and still going god DAMN this game is great!!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
just finished route c and that was a wild ride.
I love the part where it cuts between two boss fights quicker and quicker; that was so creative! and part with pascals village really fucked me up.

I kept thinking on how bebpo said he liked the characters from nier 1 better, and despite their goofy designs I'd agree because they're much nicer people. they're always out looking for ways to help, even tho they're shunned by everyone. nier 2's cast on the other hand is always one bad day away from going full-on genocide. yeah 2a and b are bitter from endless fighting, but they still hide their emotions ant time they feel something good. and 9s was always friendly and positive, until he saw 2b die and then he was just a fucking dick from then on out. anyway I say all this because pascals village was the one bright happy spot in the game, so to do them all die so terribly was a giant kick to the nuts.

anyways, I like this game so on to route d!
[close]
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #30668 on: January 27, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »
I do want to clarify that over time I've come to appreciate Nier Automata a lot more. I like the main story and the little stories throughout, the music & atmosphere's excellent and the combat is great. I like Nier 1's main plot/music/character a smidgen more, but Automata's got much better gameplay so it's kinda a wash and both are great.

I think the

(Route C/D ending spoilers)
Misplaced 9s angst & becoming a little shit angle versus long hair girl is the weakest part of Automata's writing. But everything else is great.
[close]

Also I was talking to someone the other day and realized I never learned how to actually catch a fish in Automata. I'd cast my pod and let it sit but nothing would bite? I think that's the only game mechanic I never got, it was like the most obtuse fishing mini-game I've ever seen in an rpg.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30669 on: January 27, 2018, 08:09:45 PM »
? it should bite after a short while. occasionally nothing will happen and you'll have to reel it in and try again, but most times you'll get something. always had at least 100k on hand because it's stop to fish so much. it's simple but relaxing.
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30670 on: January 27, 2018, 08:11:24 PM »
You have chapter select now, you know.

so uh
should I use it now? route d boots you back to the beginning of the game. just got to the bunker and I'm wondering if it'll let me do the whole thing over or if it jumps ahead.
[close]
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30671 on: January 27, 2018, 09:55:27 PM »
finished it. god damn this game was a trip. still got two more sidequests to wrap up and then unfortunately I'm done.
pcp

sinxtanx

« Reply #30672 on: January 28, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »
still in the middle of Xenoblade 2 (this game feels like it's gonna last me until summer) and I now feel with certainty that the concept of "your weapons are people" isn't a good idea.

during combat, they are in THE WAY. they are in the way visually, their voices add another audio track that gets in the way, their myriad of ambient skills and equips are impossible to keep track of

they have favorite things (btw how do guitars in a bag run out), their own special sidequests and cutscenes

I ran errands for an old man, not because I wanted to help him or the town, but because the game telegraphed to me that he was going to die of old age which would yield me his battlewife so there I stood watching him die while the overly cheerful town theme played on, oblivious to the ostensibly tragic moment

the fucking field skill checks

the story is fun in a trainwreck kind of way and I enjoy the world and exploration and doing silly little quests

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30673 on: January 28, 2018, 02:46:25 PM »
Beat Nier Automata route E yesterday too

Can't believe madman Taro got away with a file erase option, again
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30674 on: January 28, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »
hold me tight, 9s
pcp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30675 on: January 28, 2018, 11:05:44 PM »
Picked up dragon quest 8 again. I fucking hate the god bird fight. You have to do a shitton of grinding. I finished the monster arena but I still gotta gain like 3 more levels before I can beat this damn bird
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30676 on: January 28, 2018, 11:25:22 PM »
Also watched my friend play Iconoclasts, looks pretty fun though I didn't really see much in the way of Social Studies Warrior stuff, just typical indie Metroidvania stuff.

I'm gonna start playing this, but Celeste looks like it might grab me instead.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30677 on: January 29, 2018, 01:44:50 AM »
still in the middle of Xenoblade 2 (this game feels like it's gonna last me until summer) and I now feel with certainty that the concept of "your weapons are people" isn't a good idea.

during combat, they are in THE WAY. they are in the way visually, their voices add another audio track that gets in the way, their myriad of ambient skills and equips are impossible to keep track of

they have favorite things (btw how do guitars in a bag run out), their own special sidequests and cutscenes

I ran errands for an old man, not because I wanted to help him or the town, but because the game telegraphed to me that he was going to die of old age which would yield me his battlewife so there I stood watching him die while the overly cheerful town theme played on, oblivious to the ostensibly tragic moment

the fucking field skill checks

the story is fun in a trainwreck kind of way and I enjoy the world and exploration and doing silly little quests

Later in the game, the field checks get obnoxious... having to reorganize your blades, then switch them back. The worst is when you have multiple skill checks in a row. Wouldn't nearly be as bad if the game would check the whole list of blades to see if you have the required skills, instead of making you select them individually.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #30678 on: January 29, 2018, 02:12:01 AM »
Yeah, I just hit ch.8 in XB2 and I'm so burnt out. Ch.7 pissed me off so much, throughout the game I was enjoying taking my time doing lots of side stuff along the way but then because I was missing a party member in ch.7 like 75% of my quests/events were unable to be completed. Then the first dungeon of ch.7 is so dumb/unfun and the boss is awful. Then the second dungeon is whatever and because my levels/stats or something I had bad trouble with the boss and spent an hour+ on retries/min-maxing just to barely beat it (everyone's HP was melting too fast, couldn't heal enough, kept getting knocked out of heals from far away, kept getting blade blocked and unable to switch to healer even though I had the resist blade lock 60% or something accessory on).

The constant field skill checks where you have to swap blades in and then swap them out after over and over is so tedious. The sound mixing where every battle the volume just JUMPS UP is annoying. And the whole Naruto/Shounen-esque ridiculous ridiculous broken ability power levels of the characters is just sorta eye-rolling.

I really enjoyed the first half of XB2, making my way through the giant worlds was a lot of fun. Great exploring and sense of adventure, amazing music, good cutscenes. But the second half starting around the connected island world has just been a lot of ugly/bland worlds, annoying skill checks, some annoying fights, story kinda ehhhhh.

Also the merc missions are tedious as fuck. Especially like re-sending out the polar bear girl every 10 mins a million times and watching the post-mission results.

I love Takahashi, but I'm kinda sour on XB2 right now. Probably just burnt out. Might take a break and play through Monster Hunter World before playing ch.8 -> end.

bluemax

« Reply #30679 on: January 29, 2018, 02:19:14 AM »
I do want to clarify that over time I've come to appreciate Nier Automata a lot more. I like the main story and the little stories throughout, the music & atmosphere's excellent and the combat is great. I like Nier 1's main plot/music/character a smidgen more, but Automata's got much better gameplay so it's kinda a wash and both are great.

I think the

(Route C/D ending spoilers)
Misplaced 9s angst & becoming a little shit angle versus long hair girl is the weakest part of Automata's writing. But everything else is great.
[close]

Also I was talking to someone the other day and realized I never learned how to actually catch a fish in Automata. I'd cast my pod and let it sit but nothing would bite? I think that's the only game mechanic I never got, it was like the most obtuse fishing mini-game I've ever seen in an rpg.

One of the best weapons in the game can be got from fishing early on, the pipe!
NO

kingv

« Reply #30680 on: January 29, 2018, 10:03:17 AM »
Yeah, I just hit ch.8 in XB2 and I'm so burnt out. Ch.7 pissed me off so much, throughout the game I was enjoying taking my time doing lots of side stuff along the way but then because I was missing a party member in ch.7 like 75% of my quests/events were unable to be completed. Then the first dungeon of ch.7 is so dumb/unfun and the boss is awful. Then the second dungeon is whatever and because my levels/stats or something I had bad trouble with the boss and spent an hour+ on retries/min-maxing just to barely beat it (everyone's HP was melting too fast, couldn't heal enough, kept getting knocked out of heals from far away, kept getting blade blocked and unable to switch to healer even though I had the resist blade lock 60% or something accessory on).

The constant field skill checks where you have to swap blades in and then swap them out after over and over is so tedious. The sound mixing where every battle the volume just JUMPS UP is annoying. And the whole Naruto/Shounen-esque ridiculous ridiculous broken ability power levels of the characters is just sorta eye-rolling.

I really enjoyed the first half of XB2, making my way through the giant worlds was a lot of fun. Great exploring and sense of adventure, amazing music, good cutscenes. But the second half starting around the connected island world has just been a lot of ugly/bland worlds, annoying skill checks, some annoying fights, story kinda ehhhhh.

Also the merc missions are tedious as fuck. Especially like re-sending out the polar bear girl every 10 mins a million times and watching the post-mission results.

I love Takahashi, but I'm kinda sour on XB2 right now. Probably just burnt out. Might take a break and play through Monster Hunter World before playing ch.8 -> end.

I’m sort of the same way on this game.

I’m thinking of trading it in for that reason. I don’t regret my time with it exactly, I just don’t want to play it anymore.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30681 on: January 29, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
I told yall game was wack
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #30682 on: January 29, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »
Played through What Remains of Edith Finch over the weekend and had a blast. The ending was more abrupt and less satisfying than I would have liked, but overall would recommend.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #30683 on: January 29, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »
Been replaying Resident Evil 3 as I only beat it like, once, back in the day. Game is pretty tight but man the translations of the memos are funny AF. Like check this one:

To the boys of S.T.A.R.S., I have some good news for you from my brother
Joe. He has finished the new handgun for official use. It is the Ma2F
S.T.A.R.S. Special, but he calls it the "Samurai Edge". Joe said, if you
miss the targets with this, you should carry a teething
ring instead of a gun in your holster. The goods will be delivered along
with their proper documentation. I'm sure you'll be surprised when you
see what kind of excellent parts are used for the Ma2F. I know that
you'll want to thank the good people who developed it.
Sincerely,
Robert Kendo
Kendo Gun Shop

:rofl

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30684 on: January 29, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »
Still addicted to Nier babababa it's so good, SO GOOD you see? Honestly I finished A and B endings and was like "Man, this is great! But I can't believe I've only put about 10 hours into this." I looked at my play time and it was 35 hours.

My only consistent complaint is that you have to keep going back to the same locations over and over and over again. Even the new locations (those tower thingies) have environments that are very similar.
que

kingv

« Reply #30685 on: January 29, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
Damn, I think I beat the whole game in like 30 hours

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30686 on: January 30, 2018, 03:25:14 AM »
shit it took me 70 hours since I did (almost)  all the sidequests and then I found out there was still an area I hadn't been to yet! gonna clear that out and take on the secret boss, and then I think I'll pick up the overpriced dlc because I can't get enough of this game.
pcp

kingv

« Reply #30687 on: January 30, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »
I never picked up the dlc because of the whole ending E ish. Like, I deleted my save game, so I’m basically done with it.

Agree the game is fantastic though, I did end up replaying a good bit of it with a friend 6 months later.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #30688 on: January 30, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »
i did not do all the side stuff and i got through all the critical path endings in 24 hours.
nat

kingv

« Reply #30689 on: January 30, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »
One nice detail about that game was in route c, if you revive an Android they attack you. I remember being like “wtf” when it happened and then realizing “oh yeah, of course they would attack!”

My only real gripe with the game is that I thought the last hour or so, while cool, did not explain itself well.

Like once those towers start coming out of the ground, and you meet N2, ii just feel like I didn’t really fully grasp the story. I’ve read some wikis but it seems like a lot of the blanks filled in are actually just purely conjecture that sounds cool.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30690 on: January 30, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »
I never picked up the dlc because of the whole ending E ish. Like, I deleted my save game, so I’m basically done with it.

Agree the game is fantastic though, I did end up replaying a good bit of it with a friend 6 months later.

this guy didnt backup his save to PS+ :laughing_girls:
fat

kingv

« Reply #30691 on: January 30, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »
Actually I do have a save backup. Pc master race. :doge

Now Xbox one x master race, can’t afford a GPU anymore.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30692 on: January 30, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
i revived someone who happened to be level ninety fucking nine and was doing zero damage to them. had to up and run away to get them to despawn.
pcp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30693 on: January 30, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »
Finished Ending E. Wow. Such a great game. Really it's something else.
Now I'm genuinely interested in the other games. I think I'll def track down a copy of Nier1, but what about Drakengard? I see a copy of Drakengard 3 is available. Is it any good/worth it?
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30694 on: January 31, 2018, 01:48:37 PM »
Cool. So then, onto Nier.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30695 on: February 03, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
Last night, for my best friend's birthday, a few of us went to this cool laundromat/pinball den/hipster speakeasy in Greenpoint (shocking), and played some pins... Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, Bad Cats. They had both Elvira games but I didn't play them (one of them didn't work too well when my gf tried playing it). Awesome place, but paying .75 for a game is a bit steep, especially when the majority of my pinball time is at hardcore pinball fan's houses, gaming events or Pinfest, where the machines are on free play.
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30696 on: February 03, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »
Got that FF12 remaster. When do I get to play with the bunny girl?

Bebpo

« Reply #30697 on: February 03, 2018, 04:38:25 PM »
Borys, I like your Grimrock pictures/posts because while I like Grimrock, I don’t actually like playing it. As a kid never liked Ultima Underworld, don’t like Persona 1, don’t like old SMT, I just don’t enjoy first person dungeon crawling of moving of like tank movement one step at a time. Too claustrophobic and everything looks the same to me. I’m more ok with Etrian Odyssey since it’s big open outdoors that look colorful and pretty. But even then I’m not super into it.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30698 on: February 03, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »
I got a switch and mario odyssey last night and I don't think I blinked since then. reminds me of when I picked up a Gamecube and blasted thru sunshine in three days. feels so good man
pcp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #30699 on: February 03, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »
i appreciate Borys' discovery and then fucking devouring of a single game.
nat

Syph

« Reply #30700 on: February 03, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
Finally got around to beating Fez. Great game, I wish I hadn't waited so long. It's a shame we'll (probably) never see Fez 2.
XO

kingv

« Reply #30701 on: February 03, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »
I finally slogged through most of destiny 2’s raid... and I’m not sure how I feel about it. It is satisfying to beat an encounter, but 1) waiting around to explain shit sucks 2) it’s frustrating as hell when someone in your party just can’t execute.

Like, how hard is it to say “chalice bottom”?!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30702 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:57 PM »
Yup, I hate it. Do the raid lair its way more fun imo
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #30703 on: February 04, 2018, 12:28:09 AM »
Tried Rock of Ages 2 since it was free this weekend on steam. I had mixed feelings on the original, I liked the concept since Super Monkey Ball is the best, I liked the cutscenes and humor, but it was super jank so I didn't love it. Was hesitant to spend money on the "much improved" sequel because of that. But hey, it's free now, so I tried it.

Pretty disappointing :(

On one hand, the budget this time around feels like 100x over the first game and the graphics and gameplay looks really nice and run really smooth and the cutscenes are full voice and even better. So this should be the definitive sequel. But then they decided to do turn it into a MP only game with a offline MP SP campaign instead of a stage based SMB platformer with each stage getting tougher. The original had a separate MP mode iirc which this seems based off.

First this means you have to do tower defense gameplay even if you don't like TD gameplay (I don't like TD gameplay), and the biggest offender is that you have to wait for your boulder to get rebuilt after each roll. So you do a turn and then in 10-15 seconds you set your new defenses for the opponents next turn and then...you sit and play on your phone for 20 seconds until the game actually lets you play again. I get why they did this for MP, so you have LOTS OF TIME to set all your defenses every round (again fuck TD genre), but it just makes the SP gameplay zzzzzzz.

Also for the record I played the original like 7 years ago, so it may have been exactly like this in the SP campaign as well, but for whatever reason I don't remember being bored and finished the campaign whereas in RoA2 I was falling asleep by the end of the second stage and uninstalled it. I remember rolling and smashing things and falling off platforms a lot, but I don't remember doing a lot of TD in the original, but I may have just blocked out the bad memories.

I keep waiting for ACE Team to make a game that I can really love. Zeno Clash was creative, but jank, Rock of Ages was creative but jank, Abyss Odyssey was a neat Guardian Heroes x Metroidvania 2.5d arpg idea, but was jank and pretty shallow because there's a ton of characters with like 2 moves each. Didn't play ZC2 yet, didn't play Deadly Tower of Monsters Yet, and RoA2 changed the SP formula for no good reason. :| Someday ACE Team will make a game that I can fully get behind. Until then, not paying $$ for their stuff. Will stick to free trails and PS+ offerings and humble bundles.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:33:04 AM by Bebpo »

archnemesis

« Reply #30704 on: February 04, 2018, 07:17:37 AM »
Sadly, form what I checked on SteamSpy Grimrock 1 sold like 1M copies while Grimrock 2 400k :( No Grimrock 3 and no Might and Magic 11 from UbiSoft in sight :'(
I really enjoyed Grimrock, but never got far into the sequel. It is probably the better game if you stick with it. Even though Might & Magic X is fantastic, I doubt we will see the series again.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30705 on: February 04, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »
just beat mario odyssey FUCK ME what a game

absolutely a worth successor to mario 64. god damn that was packed with creativity and fun. best part is i finished with like 180 moons and there's what over 800? gonna be playing this shit out of this game til i get them all.
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30706 on: February 04, 2018, 08:42:18 PM »
Made to Giza in AssCreed, spent a couple of hours just looking around the tombs and pyramids and discovering their grain storage areas.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30707 on: February 04, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
A bit more Xenoblade 2, I got all but 7 rare blades, time to do the rare blade quests I haven't gotten around to yet...
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30708 on: February 05, 2018, 06:09:07 AM »
Finally got around to beating Fez. Great game, I wish I hadn't waited so long. It's a shame we'll (probably) never see Fez 2.

But on the plus side, Phil Fish is also something we don’t have to deal with any longer.

« Reply #30709 on: February 05, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
Didn't he announce a new VR game he was working on a while back at some event? Like a PSX or Game Awards or something like that.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30710 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Been playing..

Subnautica
PUBG
Dead Rising 3 ( I actually like this game wtf? )
PUBG ( got my first solo chicken last week )

Also replaying Sleeping Dogs
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30711 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »
Started Nier.
Sorta surprised by how ugly Nier is.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #30712 on: February 05, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
Started Nier.
Sorta surprised by how ugly Nier is.

It’s a B budget game but the budget went into the right places (music, gameplay variety, content).

The graphics have a certain last-gen charm like Shadow Hearts 1.

Corporal

« Reply #30713 on: February 06, 2018, 06:44:37 AM »
Got a new Smartphone, so I've been binging on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and Fire Emblem Heroes since Switch doesn't have big boy pants versions of those games.

AC is 33% loading screens, 33% Animal Crossing assets, and 33% cooldown timers. Oh, and 1% premium leaf tickets. Loads of menus and not really all that much of a "village" feeling. Or "camping place", in this case.

FEH is 66% waifus and 34% anime story. Seriously, it's the same old shit of "if these people actually sat down for three minutes and talked to each other without 'sperging out, there would be no need for all of this".

Still the vastly better game than  AC, mostly on account of actually featuring a game in there somewhere instead of being a reskinned progress quest clone. And I say this as someone with loads of game time in previous AC's.

Can't wait for AC switch. Cmoooooon, Nintendo. I'll even take a HD DX version of the WiiU board game to tide me over.
!list

Freyj

« Reply #30714 on: February 06, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
Divinity Original Sin 2 unfortunately appears to fall into a lot of the same problems that the first did in its later areas. Thankfully there’s not quite so much combat or puzzles, but it’s unfortunate that they felt the need to pad the game out so much by shoving in what feels like half finished areas instead of polishing one final area after Reaper’s Coast.

On that note: Reaper’s Coast is an initially confusing but ultimately great area. It’s enormous, full of quests and dialogue and choices and that makes it easily better than any area in Original Sin 1, but it still follows up the best modern CRPG area: Fort Joy. I’m sort of baffled why they would spend that much time writing the endless paths to the steps of progression in Fort Joy only to mostly abandon that model as the game goes on.

I would rather have a couple of 10-15 hour Fort Joy experiences over the bloated game they delivered.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30715 on: February 06, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »
Bloodborne

Started playing again after I got burnt out on Souls games awhile ago. I was never very good at these but damn am I dying alot to just mobs.

I remember beating Blood Starved Beast and was confused for a bit on where to go. Made it to Vicar Amelia (got stomped), went to an underground area to the right where some tentacle thing on the roof killed me instantly  :lol

Took a few tries on Witch, and then got stomped by the dudes with the body bags. Woke up in a new area and proceeded to die a few more time to enemies who could almost one shot me.

Tried the 1st chalice dungeon and the bosses have been much easier so far. Finally realized fire is good against Vicar and the body bag dudes.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30716 on: February 07, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
If I played this on my iPad what party setup would you recommend
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30717 on: February 07, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »
That's it? What about race and such
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30718 on: February 07, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »
Trying to finish Dark Souls 3, but I'm basically not enjoying anything about the game anymore. Think I got 3 bosses left in total...

Edit: Did I say 3 bosses? I mean 2. Gonna have fun fighting what's apparently the hardest boss in the game.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:06:06 PM by HardcoreRetro »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30719 on: February 07, 2018, 03:36:07 PM »
I'm not playing the DLC. Fighting Mr Lightning and Dragon boss. The difficulty in this boss fight like most of the "hard" bosses in these games, is just me struggling with the camera.

I got the DLC for Bloodborne to play still. That's a Souls game I actually find fun to play.