Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3605441 times)

Bebpo (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

kingv

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #31080 on: May 01, 2018, 01:44:39 PM »
Are you going through every game in your library with metal in its name?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31081 on: May 01, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »

:rock
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31082 on: May 01, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »

fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31083 on: May 01, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
The gal that plays Pyra is playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2

https://www.twitch.tv/skyedevabennett
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31084 on: May 01, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
Just stuff that I can run until a worthy replacement for my late 280X hits 200-250€. :goty2

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

kingv

« Reply #31086 on: May 02, 2018, 12:56:18 AM »
Nioh does some things better and other things worse than Souls.

Better:
- prestiges. Having bonus, unique "skill points" for performing a specific feat i.e. kill 200 humans with Sword, beat a level w/o being hit once etc. is a great addition. Speedrunners already perform this in Souls games but for free. This also forces you to switch weapons in order to obtain every possible skill point i.e. 100 Humans with axes, 100 Humans with spears etc.
- item sets that when worn together give a specific bonus as in Diablo games. Souls games already have sets from the very first game (Fluted Armor in Demon's) but they never gave specific bonuses for wearing them.
- Guardian Spirits - this is a cool concept. Kind of Covenants but here they give much better advantages.
- skills? - I don't use them at all yet so I dunno. Dark Souls 3 also had skills linked to specific items and I also never used them there.
- Demon Walls !!!

Worse:
- itemization. It's a Diablo game after all, duh, so it has 1000000s of possible item combinations. This makes all of the items generic, forgettable and you cannot tell a lore story through them much - Vaati pls.
- compass that shows items, enemies, treasures etc. That's a big fat NO in Soulsborne games.
- equipment upgrade system. It's a goddamn mess what it is. Souls was pretty simple: shard, chunk, slab. Here you have 100s of upgrade materials and it all doesn't make much sense to me.
- mission based - it destroys the coherency of the world. Singular levels without any connectivity to past areas is a pure arcade feature.
- humour - there is some shitty anime humour in this game that clashes with the setting and visuals. Ewww.

Game is fun if easy. Killed the first boss (Ship Yokai) on my 1st try and the Vampire Lady on my 3rd one.

I really liked the levels actually. I’m not all that great at souls games, so I really liked the set up of “ I got past this shit once and never have to see it again.

Also really liked how there is almost always a shrine right by the boss I hate having to run through a level multiple times.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31087 on: May 02, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »
Started Darkest Dungeon. Didn't know it was mythos-related. Now I'm intrigued.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31088 on: May 03, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »
I've been thinking of picking up a copy. Please post impressions. I trust you Chronodaddy  :-*
que

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31089 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:07 PM »
Apparently Dishonored 2 isn't as lenient as Hitman. Shooting someone in the face with a sleepdart and watching them fall to their death is counted as a kill, not an accident. :(

Coax

« Reply #31090 on: May 04, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »
Apparently Dishonored 2 isn't as lenient as Hitman. Shooting someone in the face with a sleepdart and watching them fall to their death is counted as a kill, not an accident. :(

As is choking an enemy while another enemy kills them. The string of usual shouts intermixed by being upset at mindlessly killing their comrade is amusing.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31091 on: May 04, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »
Borys
What are your favorite CRPGs?
I've tried with Baldur's Gate 2 but after I get out of the first dungeon I just sorta lost interest.
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31092 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »
Borys
What are your favorite CRPGs?
I've tried with Baldur's Gate 2 but after I get out of the first dungeon I just sorta lost interest.

So what exactly are you looking for in a CRPG? Good combat? Interesting world? Deep story?
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31093 on: May 04, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »
Yeah, a game that I could get lost in the world but with gameplay that isn't boring as hell.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31094 on: May 04, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
As another guy who much prefers Japanese RPGs and has a ton of trouble getting into CRPGs, Planescape was one of the few I really got into. It definitely has that immersive world going for it that goes beyond the typical medieval Tolkien cliches, unfortunately the gameplay is pretty clunky and unintutive. Also, the hour or so I've played of both of Anachronox and Deus Ex seemed interesting, (but still quite clunky), then again I'm a sucker for anything cyberpunk.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31095 on: May 04, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »
Yeah, a game that I could get lost in the world but with gameplay that isn't boring as hell.

You should give Divinity: Original Sin 2 a shot.
dog

kingv

« Reply #31096 on: May 04, 2018, 10:30:48 PM »
Original sin 2 sounds awesome. It’s on the list of games I want to play but might never get to

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31097 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
I've been thinking of picking up a copy. Please post impressions. I trust you Chronodaddy  :-*
:-*

Went about 90 minutes before being called away, liked it a lot. It has better production value than I expected, and I wonder if that has something to do with the Klei credit I noticed on launch. Those guys are wizards at cheap tricks to make things look super polished. It has good atmosphere and mostly shows the player what is needed to progress. There are still areas where I was unclear on why things were happening, but not often.

Definitely worth checking out.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31098 on: May 06, 2018, 05:09:12 AM »
I love NIOH Didn't bother too much with all the upgrading shit and just kept getting better armors
What

Freyj

« Reply #31099 on: May 06, 2018, 06:00:45 PM »
Give Salt and Sanctuary a go Borys. I haven’t tried Nioh yet but loved S&S.

I’m currently playing the Pillars 2 Beta Character Creation game with 55 multiclasses and 342 subclasses I’m in hell.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31100 on: May 07, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »
Getting close to what I feel is the end of Bloodborne
Up until the last 2 areas I felt it was downright brilliant. Now I feel like I'm getting trolled/cheesed by the game. I have an axe that way leveled up and sometimes it feels like I'm hitting the enemies with a wet blanket for all the damage it does. This is OK for bosses and such because you just gotta be strategic and patient but getting to the boss is a pain when it takes you 6-8 hits to kill something that there's a dozen of and can kill you with 2-3 hits it just feels like the game has gotten to "Either spend your time plotting a careful course that can be obliterated by some less than stellar luck, or just run til you find the shortcut and then to the boss." level. Also, in general I feel like this game depends on the internet/youtube a lot. I was stuck in the unseen village for a freaking long time and then I finally got frustrated and looked up online and they were like "Oh, be sure to jump out of the moving elevator at this point to get to where you need easily." That and getting to the workshop was a pain as well. All the game will tell you is "Check out the tower" Not "Go to the tower, look for 3 ropes, hope you can get to that platform, then fall from that platform to the right." I don't like it when games hold your hand, but this one was required to get the real ending and I had no way of possibly figuring it all out on my own. This isn't just an issue for Bloodborne, but it can be annoying for us older gamers that were used to being able to figure stuff out with a little explanation.

I just finished the dude with the cage on his head last night (Mustachio the host, or something like that). I'm still loving this in a way I haven't loved a game in a long time. But still, these last two areas are more a pain than they need to be.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31101 on: May 07, 2018, 07:01:24 PM »
Chuchel is pretty funny - nice animation and very creative art style, although it's more an interactive art piece than a deep, complex point and click (like the company's other game, Botanicula). With a few references to oldskool arcade games thrown in there. It's nice to play an eastern euro (Polish?) game that's not a janky medieval action RPG.

Worth $10 though? YMMV.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #31102 on: May 07, 2018, 10:39:20 PM »
Up until the last 2 areas I felt it was downright brilliant. Now I feel like I'm getting trolled/cheesed by the game. I have an axe that way leveled up and sometimes it feels like I'm hitting the enemies with a wet blanket for all the damage it does. This is OK for bosses and such because you just gotta be strategic and patient but getting to the boss is a pain when it takes you 6-8 hits to kill something that there's a dozen of and can kill you with 2-3 hits it just feels like the game has gotten to "Either spend your time plotting a careful course that can be obliterated by some less than stellar luck, or just run til you find the shortcut and then to the boss." level. Also, in general I feel like this game depends on the internet/youtube a lot. I was stuck in the unseen village for a freaking long time and then I finally got frustrated and looked up online and they were like "Oh, be sure to jump out of the moving elevator at this point to get to where you need easily." That and getting to the workshop was a pain as well. All the game will tell you is "Check out the tower" Not "Go to the tower, look for 3 ropes, hope you can get to that platform, then fall from that platform to the right." I don't like it when games hold your hand, but this one was required to get the real ending and I had no way of possibly figuring it all out on my own. This isn't just an issue for Bloodborne, but it can be annoying for us older gamers that were used to being able to figure stuff out with a little explanation.

I just finished the dude with the cage on his head last night (Mustachio the host, or something like that). I'm still loving this in a way I haven't loved a game in a long time. But still, these last two areas are more a pain than they need to be.

Yeah, last 2 areas are kinda so-so I agree. Lore-wise they're kinda interesting though. Game is still brilliant.

Did you play the DLC? If so, definitely do that before you clear the game unless you want a real challenge because on NG+ the DLC does not fuck around. So goddamn hard (but beatable).

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31103 on: May 08, 2018, 08:03:39 AM »
I feel like this game depends on the internet/youtube a lot.

Actually it doesn't. You were the one who depended on it.   ::)
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31104 on: May 08, 2018, 12:15:53 PM »
Neither, why arent you playing God of War instead? Stay woke
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31105 on: May 08, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
POLL

Which Nioh level is the worst.

- semi-sunken temple with 100 holes in the floor
- gimmick Ninja house which is goddamn maze

Ninja house is the best lvl ever so not that
What

kingv

« Reply #31106 on: May 08, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
I don’t think either of those were bad. Actually I liked most of the levels.

Worst one is maybe the one with the battlefield, because the mid boss is super fucking hard.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31107 on: May 08, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
People bash the second half of Nioh, but it had all the best stages - especially since it dropped the weird pseudo-horror angle of the first stages, which didn't make a whole lot of sense atmospherically (other than copying Souls).

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31108 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
I just couldn't finish Nioh.

So much copypasta crap, including tons levels and enemies with the same 3 fucking attack patterns.

The only fun fights were the unique NPC samurai ones. Most demon bosses were  :snore

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31109 on: May 08, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »

Mustachio rofl :lol

How on earth are you having problems running to the boss gate, any boss gate? Never kill the mobs - always bolt straight to the gate.
Yeah, I guess that's my complaint. In all the levels before the last 2 I was enjoyed going through the level feeling like a bad ass and taking names.
Then the last 2 are like "Run for the boss you fool!" For a game that pushes you to have skills at this point it not so much about skill but knowing where to go
:trumps
que

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31110 on: May 09, 2018, 02:07:09 PM »
Ice queen my waifu <3

Dont worry there are still some dangerous optional bosses
What

kingv

« Reply #31111 on: May 09, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »
I don’t think either of those were bad. Actually I liked most of the levels.

Worst one is maybe the one with the battlefield, because the mid boss is super fucking hard.

Well I hope the game gets some hard bosses later on because up to and including the Ogress the only difficult boss was the Ice Bitch - took me about 8 tries. Everything else was way easier than even Iudex Gundyr.

I thought the spider chick boss was pretty hard. She has some really bullshit lock on on some of her attacks.

The one that I think took the longest was the water blob and then the flying evil general dude on the battlefield.

Water blob took me a while to get used to his attacks, and Otani. I think I had some trouble with like a ninja chick or something like that too. I tend to want to play these games slowly and methodically, so when there’s a boss that is really fast I usually have trouble.

I thought ogress was easy though. I think I beat her first try and didn’t really see what the fuss was about.

Bebpo

« Reply #31112 on: May 10, 2018, 12:28:41 AM »
Finally sat down and played through the first story mission of Battletech, man this feels like the definition of a jank mixed bag. Especially compared to Pillars 2 which feels nice and polished as hell (almost console port level polish).

Pros from the first 2-3 hours:
+Lots of depth to the combat thanks to body parts/multi-weapons/terrain & heat juggling
+story seems solid
+I like the dialogue choices between missions
+graphics are ok, even maxed still need better AA

Cons:
-Jank as fuck. Half the UI stuff gives you descriptions when you hover over it, half does not. And I couldn't see any way to access the tutorials in mission to find out what some of the stuff does. Pretty annoying.
-Needs a Pillars style FF button. Absolutely needs this. Not a skip animation button, a good speed FF would be exactly what this needs
-Maps are way too fucking long. I wouldn't even mind the slower speed but I did not expect the first story mission to go on as long as it did. Fuck, took me 2+ hours
-Because the maps are so long (I'm assuming they'll get even longer), and because unless things change you can't heal?, the maps just become these long as fuck endurance missions where your team is slowly whittling down and then BAM SUDDENLY BUNCH OF HARD ENEMIES OUTTA NOWHERE for next phase and your team like missing half their weapons and 2 hits from dead at that point and it's like uhhhh do I need to restart from further back in this 2 hour+ map and do it again more efficient? Idk, I don't find this kind of long endurance missions with no idea what enemies will pop up later in the map to be particularly fun. More annoying. Solution would be to have a way to heal between encounters (like using repair items or something?) and to make the maps fucking shorter. Dunno if either of those happen later.
-I really dislike that you can't fully zoom out the map and there's no mini-map. Even in the first mission there was already a time where I didn't know where the fuck I was supposed to go next objective-wise.
-Load times suck, especially coming from Pillars 2 with its almost instant load times improvement, this feels janky, especially since everytime you die and reload you have to sit through a long ass load screen of loading the whole map again, fuck.

I still need to play Dragonfall and HK, but played the post-Dragonfall Shadowrun Returns it felt kinda janky like this, but definitely better than BT. I like the core concept of BT, the mechs, the customization and mecha battle system, the GoT story-line, the comic cutscenes. But right now I think BT is too jank for me to play enjoyably. It feels like the idea factory type jrpgs with good concepts but low budget and jank af.

Do we know if Battletech supports modding? Because I feel like even though they'll probably patch/improve some of this stuff, the few things needed to make the game way more fun feel like simple stuff that there can be fan mods in like 2 weeks taking care of. I'm really hoping either through patches or fanmods they fix some of my major gripes because I do want to play BT but it's pretty much unplayable for me right now. Will stick to Pillars 2.

Bebpo

« Reply #31113 on: May 10, 2018, 12:45:52 AM »
Oh and the game needs a turn-queue bar as well.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31114 on: May 10, 2018, 09:29:17 AM »
Nioh bosses fucked me up. I don't know if my builds were that bad, or not getting good armor from online revenants in offline-mode screwed me over.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31115 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
Man, Gehrman is some serious business.
que

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31116 on: May 10, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
Gehrmann is easy, what comes after tho..
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #31117 on: May 10, 2018, 01:02:54 PM »
Burnout REVENGE isn’t quite what I remember it being but it’s still pretty dope.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31118 on: May 10, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »
:six:
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31119 on: May 11, 2018, 05:23:34 AM »

Not going to be an issue unless he got and does the right things.

Borealis

« Reply #31120 on: May 11, 2018, 07:17:01 AM »
Going through Spec Ops: The Line right now on "Suicide Mission" difficulty. Although the graphics are rather bland, I like the visual storytelling and overall narrative. It's not bad, there's difficulty spikes here and there that are rather frustrating however.

I don't buy the argument that the gunplay deliberately fits the intent of criticising player agency ("It's meant to feel like crap to fit the narrative/narrative is the main focus!"). It's just a serviceable (Gears of War-like) system with rubbish cover movement that often spells death on higher difficulties if you're caught out of it. Enemies are fairly vulnerable to your shots as you are to theirs which I appreciate, and limited squad control is nice I guess. 

But I can't take Walker seriously, Nolan North kind of hams it in here using some angst mixed with rage as they venture deeper in Dubai. 

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31121 on: May 11, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »
I don't buy the argument that the gunplay deliberately fits the intent of criticising player agency ("It's meant to feel like crap to fit the narrative/narrative is the main focus!").

Kane and Lynch actually seemed to do this. No cool slow motion on headshots or having amazing ragdolls. People just slump to the floor. They're dead. Good job...

Second game also had the best possible ending and music tying it together.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31122 on: May 11, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »

Not going to be an issue unless he got and does the right things.

I can only assume one does
What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31123 on: May 12, 2018, 01:03:00 AM »
I don't buy the argument that the gunplay deliberately fits the intent of criticising player agency ("It's meant to feel like crap to fit the narrative/narrative is the main focus!").
I've never heard this argument.

Everything about the narrative is within narrative components though it does expand to the presentation like loading screen text and a Valve-like use of graffiti/signs/etc.

I don't think there's any criticism about player agency ala BioShock involved as it gives you a bunch of choices, most of which alter cutscenes and the endings. Rather, the game is supposed to be about subverting notions of combat and heroism that are so easily accepted in games/media, especially something like Uncharted where your lovable rogue everyman explorer guns down half the population of a nation while quipping away and being unfazed by any of it.

The Line seems to be more about wanting to make you upset at there being negative narrative ramifications to what it lets you do that other games tend to reward you for. (Though it doesn't quite get there because of its admittedly goofy story that tries a bit too hard for a BIG TWIST REVELATION THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING BUT ACTUALLY DOESN'T.)

benjipwns

« Reply #31124 on: May 12, 2018, 01:07:56 AM »
Brings to mind another example of Chrono Trigger's revolutionary fight for social justice issues within a video game when it brings back all your actions at the Fair to be twisted and used as evidence by the prosecutor against you in the show trial as in our long corrupt modern justice system for those who are poor like Chrono's family. :lawd

paprikastaude

« Reply #31125 on: May 12, 2018, 02:09:06 AM »
Reminds me I finally did most things "right" in the beginning of my last Chrono Trigger playthrough and it didn't change the outcome at all iirc. :fbm

Borealis

« Reply #31126 on: May 12, 2018, 06:03:37 AM »
I've never heard this argument.

Everything about the narrative is within narrative components though it does expand to the presentation like loading screen text and a Valve-like use of graffiti/signs/etc.

I don't think there's any criticism about player agency ala BioShock involved as it gives you a bunch of choices, most of which alter cutscenes and the endings. Rather, the game is supposed to be about subverting notions of combat and heroism that are so easily accepted in games/media, especially something like Uncharted where your lovable rogue everyman explorer guns down half the population of a nation while quipping away and being unfazed by any of it.

The Line seems to be more about wanting to make you upset at there being negative narrative ramifications to what it lets you do that other games tend to reward you for. (Though it doesn't quite get there because of its admittedly goofy story that tries a bit too hard for a BIG TWIST REVELATION THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING BUT ACTUALLY DOESN'T.)

You're right, I mis-typed: meant "criticising ludonarrative dissonance".

After finishing both The Line and of recent, Far Cry 5, there's certainly a resemblance in both games trying to convey condemnation of player actions tied to "being the hero/saving the world" and the ensuing violence that follows as each narrative progresses. Works much better with The Line due to its linear nature, but also with the choices at the end.   

In contrast, FC5's ending specifically calls you out and "punishes" you for this, but it rings as fairly hollow after all the hijinks of the open world are experienced. Plus, the narrative pacing is fairly poor and fuck me, all that needless monologuing to which your voiceless avatar does nothing about. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31127 on: May 12, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »
Reminds me I finally did most things "right" in the beginning of my last Chrono Trigger playthrough and it didn't change the outcome at all iirc. :fbm

Trump's America
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31128 on: May 13, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »
Second half is clearly not as good but i still had fun
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #31129 on: May 13, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
Played Secret of Mana SNES - for once I can agree with the bad things that were said about an older game over the years and my lowered expectations didn't help. The battles aren't good and only become worse with each new party member. I would want to like it for the music and its Zelda-feel, but... no.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31130 on: May 13, 2018, 11:13:19 AM »
Finally finished both Chuchel and Trails of Cold Steel... so now I'm finally getting around to playing some games that were sitting in my backlog for a little while... Lucienne's Quest and Xak III, both by the same company (Microcabin).

The English version of Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO is one of the rarest RPGs ever released, and may be one of the first ever console RPGs with texture mapped polygonal environments. Being that it's on the 3DO, it looks extremely harsh and jaggy. The 3DO's shitty video quality doesn't help matters too much either. The game itself seems decent, especially if you like quick-moving, no BS RPGs from that era. Battle system has some slight strategy elements, as your characters have to move up to the enemy to attack, and rocks/trees/etc can get in your way.

Xak III for PC Engine CD seems really interesting. I bought a fully-translated repro from PCE Works at Magfest, and the repro is of really nice quality. Embossed CD case, full color manual. So about the game... From the looks of it, I thought it would be a basic Ys ripoff but it turns out it's quite violent... like when the king and princess get savagely murdered by the big bad demon lord, then their bloody corpses get thrown into the castle walls...

Then there's the... interesting... dialogue in the fan translation. I guess it's good that Trumptards are doing something more productive than making racist comments on the local news station's Facebook page.

^_^

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #31131 on: May 13, 2018, 12:25:52 PM »
saw some of Lucienne's Quest on twitch recently and it looked pretty fun! not a classic or anything but a pretty solid-looking game from that era.

that translation for xak tho...i've been seeing shit like that more and more in translations and ugh. it's rare enough that a game gets fan-translated, now we gotta hope that a game gets fan-retranslated?
pcp

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31132 on: May 13, 2018, 11:23:18 PM »
never used

- anything other than Mid stance. Whay are there even 3 stances if each has 3 types of attacks?!?

- that Stamina-Pulse timed shit? except in the tutorial...

wtf.....literally doing the game a disservice and yourself as well. You can do so much damage if you 'active reload' your stamina while dodging and attacking. You can even unlock a skill to get the 'active reload' for stamina when you use a dodge move or change stance. Low stance also has the plus of costing less stamina to dodge so why not switch to that occasionally.

I see you played like Havel Dark Souls shit. I went the totally other route and went light armor, katana's and dual katana's all the way.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:29:19 PM by MMaRsu »
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31133 on: May 15, 2018, 12:22:21 AM »
Bloodborne

The moon presence was a bit of a let down, especially after Gehrmann.
Not so sure I'm up for New Game+
Finishing it solo once through is good enough for me.
I might go through and do the DLC in a while. But right now I'm good.
que

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #31134 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:41 AM »
SMT4:A - It really is more of the same but I loved SMT4 so I'm alright with it. Despite the game giving more help than I expected, you can still get your shit pushed in if you don't do it to an enemy first.

benjipwns

« Reply #31135 on: May 15, 2018, 04:49:58 AM »

Trump's America

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31136 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:06 AM »
Bloodborne
(Image removed from quote.)

The moon presence was a bit of a let down, especially after Gehrmann.
Not so sure I'm up for New Game+
Finishing it solo once through is good enough for me.
I might go through and do the DLC in a while. But right now I'm good.

you HAVE to do the DLC man, you just gotta.

It's the best about BB. It also has the best music in the game.
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31137 on: May 15, 2018, 07:56:43 AM »
maybe u should play a real series like king's field instead
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31138 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
That old garbage  :kobeyuck
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31139 on: May 15, 2018, 11:02:04 AM »
BB's DLC has the best bosses but not the best areas/ levels.

Ludwig and Orphan are legendary-tier bosses. Like Ornstein & Smough. Maneater. Midir. Maiden Astraea. Fume Knight.

Stuff of legends, man.
Maybe some day. Honestly, everyone went on about how hard Bloodborne was, but now that I'm done I had a hard time with Father Gasgas, and Gehrmann. The wet nurse and Rom both just took a few tries to figure out, Rom especially since it was a different kind of fight. Everything to that point had been "get in there! Be aggressive! Attack! Fight! Kill!" Rom was "Be patient" which once I figured that out he was down in one try.  But really the rest of it was OK. I hated the last 2 areas just because I felt they were sorta troll-esque. But still I was expecting much more of a challenge in the main game and felt I really only got it out of two bosses, Father GasGas was hard because it was the first real fight. After that , it wasn't until Gehrmann that I was like "So this is what everyone is talking about." Of course, I haven't played the DLC. Might pick it up when/if it's on sale.

Right now I'm going back to Dragon Quest Heroes II.
que