Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559767 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #31500 on: July 19, 2018, 10:45:54 PM »
Descent is a really interesting case, Interplay since it went bankrupt has existed as basically just a bunch of licenses and a dude to oversee them, when the market for this opened back up they started putting up stuff the shell still owned the rights to like Earthworm Jim, etc., the Descent franchise was pulled for a period because the original developers still exist (actually, the original developers and their spin-off studio to make other things outside the big business of Descent...called Volition...still exist) and caused a kerfuffle about the rights and the fact that Interplay hasn't paid them 20 years worth of royalties apparently

i guess GOG and Valve were satisfied that Interplay did hold the rights because the games went back up last year, but Parallax still contends that the rights, and especially the royalties, are not properly established

Mechwarrior's problem is that Microsoft probably holds half the license, they bought FASA then shut it down, and Activision the other half...the problem in that is actually probably Activision as Microsoft has been quite eager to put stuff on Steam considering the Xbox platform; Activision has been horrible at managing digital rights ala letting games vanish from stores without notice...not to mention their infamously terrible discounting on stuff that's really old

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #31501 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:12 PM »
i was kinda hoping you'd have some cool tidbit to drop related to the licensing when i posted that (the directors cut of my last post included speculation on MS owning the MW license since the last "proper" mechwarrior game I remember was for the OG Xbox) and you did not disappoint. again, i would read your blog!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31502 on: July 19, 2018, 11:42:03 PM »
descent and descent style games still trip me out

benjipwns

« Reply #31503 on: July 19, 2018, 11:56:57 PM »
Microsoft published Mechwarrior 4 and 3 was by FASA so they could probably put both up without much trouble, but my looking into MechWarrior Online, it seems that Piranha Games actually bought the MechWarrior license to keep Online going

they're currently making a 5th game along with Online (which they update quite regularly): http://www.mw5mercs.com/

I think they probably would not have a problem with putting the old games up, but once again this is a three party situation which can overly complicate things, much like happened with the GoldenEye remakes. The one positive is that Activision likes money, so would probably agree to just take a cut if GOG and Piranha/Microsoft did any necessary work. I believe that is part of the Quake agreement for example, "id" "pays" Activision some amount probably or did until a certain date as Activision published everything after the first game until Quake Live.

benjipwns

« Reply #31504 on: July 19, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
well, https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist/posts/10150448047164311

seems the Quake rights actually have transferred to id (so ZeniMax) as of 2011, and that's why ET:QW is uniquely dead, being the only non-id game in the franchise

kinda would like that changed, and Splash Damage able to update it, especially considering what they did for Brink despite it not being necessary (made it F2P on Steam, it didn't really help the game since it was years too late, but old games becoming free and easy to access is something i strongly support)

i should probably rewrite this all and post it on my blog so there's at least content even if everybody reading the blog probably just will read these posts instead/first :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31505 on: July 20, 2018, 12:51:20 AM »
i had a feeling it was a licensing thing. cmon, if the powers at be can figure out how to put the Descent series up (sometimes?) on steam they can get this done too, right? right?!?
Man, it's been years since I read up on the complexity of the Fallout license but, yeah, what I'm remembering is there's basically one guy who maintains the Interplay business entity for the sole purpose of steepling his fingers in a greedy, Mister Burns-like manner whenever someone wants to make a Fallout licensed property. When Bethesda moved to start making FO3, it was described that this clown popped out of a garbage can just to say, "Hey, Interplay is still alive, and you will have to meet our demands!" -- separate from other parties who thought they owned the property.

Sad. Lame.

bluemax

« Reply #31506 on: July 20, 2018, 03:16:01 AM »
Umm.... spoilers...... for agrajag?

Anyway BoF2 is GRIND CENTRAL. Every new area you get to requires you to buy all the best stuff from Armory each time otherwise you fight like shit so you have to grind for money. The area's boss of course requires LVL grinding because why not? I didn't buy a single Equipment item in BoF1 and it  was manageable. Here I have to buy everything otherwise it's nigh unbeatable.

Crappppppppppppppppy balancing.

There's a glitch you can do at the start (that I learned from speed runners) that gives you a ton of money. On the re-translation patch I couldn't get it to work more than once but it was still enough cash to carry me to mid game. On vanilla you can get enough money to never have to think about things again. Plus you can get the fire shop in your town which gives way better equipment than you should have and carries you until you get the ocean travel and can easily go to a town with even better stuff.

Also in terms of leveling BoF2 doesn't do the standard thing where the XP amount you see at the end of battles is split evenly between all 4 party members, the game does some kind of multiplier for your other party members to give them more XP the lower their level is than the main dude.

My BoF2 character tier list:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hero
Secret Character
Katt
Nina
Bow
Rand (but dont neglect him because he has a solo scenario)
Sten (same)
Jean/Spar (unless you use Shamans but those are so flakey that eh)
[close]

Also BoF2's first third or whatever always feels so backtrack heavy. It always ends up kinda tedious.

Game has a lot of interesting story stuff, but suffers from some bad balancing and a poor translation.

Does BoF2 have any cheats or something to fix that? I really want to play the series, but I have little/no patience for grinding.

In addition to the above listed cheats (and there is one version of the rom with a trainer patched in) there are some really simple to use utilities on rom hacking for editing monsters/your characters. The monster editing one has a button that will double xp and gold values for all monsters in the game (which I think is what they did on GBA). That alone will cut the grinding down quite a bit.

The game has some ridiculous difficulty curves early on (and the final dungeon) and also a couple spots where you have to use certain characters and can be kinda hosed if you didnt use them much beforehand.

You weren't kidding...

(Image removed from quote.)

Another fucking GRIND in order to move the story forward... Jesus Christ this game.

Usually its Highfort where people get fucked because you have to use a certain character AND they are solo.

The positive news is that the game adjusts the XP for characters you don't use as much, but yeah, grindy.

the old Mechwarrior games have a licensing thing iirc, they're Activision published but the license is FASA, so nobody technically owns both parts of the game or something or they just don't want to figure it out...i reckon GOG has definitely looked into them

Mechwarrior 2 is on the PS1 and Saturn, it's similar to 2 on the PC, same settings, mission premises, etc. but the whole game is made to be more action focused, less simulation like, and your mech is made more nimble, etc. PS1 i think even has the, at the time, 3dfx exclusive textures or whatever

My first job in the industry was with a company where several (all?) of the original members came from the MW2: Mercenaries team. They made a game called Heavy Gear and I think our internal engine was leftover from it, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:21:36 AM by bluemax »
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #31507 on: July 20, 2018, 03:50:04 AM »
i'm 3-4 hours into Battletech, and i'm enjoying it. it's like a slightly worse XCOM, but it's about giant robots beating the shit out each other, which really does add to my enjoyment. there's something really satisfying about curb stomping disabled mechs or kicking a tank over before filling it with machine gun fire, Robocop style. the cutscenes are really cheap and i'm generally not a fan of the digital painting-turned-cutscene via flash animation that's popped up everywhere in recent years, but i do really like how the story unfolds in the ship. i generally don't really care about stories in games, but i actually took the effort to look at all the options available in the character build screen, and it's cool that the background options inform your choices in game.

i do wish combat was a little faster though. even with fast combat enabled, the fights feel a lot less 'snappy' than xcom. i think it's kind of a catch 22 since you can't really have the mechs running around like foot soldiers if you want to properly telegraph the momentum of a 30 foot tall robot.

I mean Front Mission did it just fine?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31508 on: July 20, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
i was kinda hoping you'd have some cool tidbit to drop related to the licensing when i posted that (the directors cut of my last post included speculation on MS owning the MW license since the last "proper" mechwarrior game I remember was for the OG Xbox) and you did not disappoint. again, i would read your blog!
https://benjivtvg.wordpress.com/

Fifstar

« Reply #31509 on: July 20, 2018, 08:10:19 AM »
BoF 2 was my first RPG. I remember loving it back then. Last dungeon is Pretty epic. Noped out quickly on my retries though.
Gulp

Bebpo

« Reply #31510 on: July 20, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
So Borys, basically play BoF1, skip BoF2 is your consensus from the first 2 games?

paprikastaude

« Reply #31511 on: July 20, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
Done with Encore Mode in Sonic Mania Plus. If I didn't miss anything, there really wasn't all that much new content, except playing with new characters. I thought there was supposed to be new stages? I counted 1, I think. Whatever, I didn't buy the og release anyway, but this could be weird for double dippers. Not sure if I'm going for the emeralds, the bonus games is pretty hard I feel and I probably don't want to grind giant rings.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31512 on: July 20, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »
So Borys, basically play BoF1, skip BoF2 is your consensus from the first 2 games?

No, BOF2 is good. Borys is just a dummy and doing things the hard way. Do you not see his posts where he constantly says "oh haha i didnt use any upgrade points lol ol lo lol".

I said the GBA version has triple XP/Gold, making grinding much easier almost non-existant.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #31513 on: July 20, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
Ok, maybe I'll play the GBA versions. Are they too dumbed down and easy though? Like FF GBA?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31514 on: July 20, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »
Dunno about that, but GBA BoF2 does have the terrible original translation.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31515 on: July 20, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
Done with Encore Mode in Sonic Mania Plus. If I didn't miss anything, there really wasn't all that much new content, except playing with new characters. I thought there was supposed to be new stages? I counted 1, I think. Whatever, I didn't buy the og release anyway, but this could be weird for double dippers. Not sure if I'm going for the emeralds, the bonus games is pretty hard I feel and I probably don't want to grind giant rings.
That game was only released to bring it to a bigger Switch audience via retail and to reanimate the corpse of Sonic after they shot him in the head with Sonic Forces because they somehow need to sell that new racing game.
🤴

bluemax

« Reply #31516 on: July 21, 2018, 12:07:54 AM »
Ok, maybe I'll play the GBA versions. Are they too dumbed down and easy though? Like FF GBA?

Just play the SNES Retranslation patch. Also download this:

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1391/

Load your ROM up once, hit double XP, double Zenny. Save. Now you don't have to do much/any grinding.

If for some dumb reason you decide to play original BoF2 at least do the super easy money glitch:

This way you can always buy the best gear, tons of healing items and tons of AP items and cheese your way through the mid game with the Dragon Spells.

This trick doesn't fully work on the re-translation patch. I got it to work once but wasn't able to get nearly as much Zenny, still I didn't have to think about money until Tunlan.
NO

Freyj

« Reply #31517 on: July 21, 2018, 12:18:59 AM »
Dropped Octopath for Nioh and no regrets so far. It’s like Souls and Ninja Gaiden had a demon baby.

I am sort of having a hard time finding my usual Souls build though: heavy ass 2H with reach but without light armor for no fat roll. Seems like Axe and Odachi heavily favor fat armor  :-\.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31518 on: July 21, 2018, 03:02:14 AM »
Sonic Mania - Getting emeralds isn't so bad, now that I know that you don't have to finish the stages after getting one each time. Though a game where I'd almost want to go for a Platinum just had to not have one.   :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31519 on: July 22, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
Played some more NIER Automata. This game is beautiful in many ways.
But I was not prepared for this

Robots fucking, giving birth to an android humanoid WAAAT

oh and I like how 2B's sidekick is like: "Oh this means nothing really. You really shouldn't care about this WEIRD SHIT THAT IS HAPPENING
[close]

🤴

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #31520 on: July 22, 2018, 01:24:18 PM »
I picked up Enter the Gungeon on Switch and Oxygen Not Included on PC.
EtG: it's a ton of fun, though I play in short bursts. I've got 3 trips coming up so this will help with boredom at the airport.
ONI: Holy shit, I just played this 5 hours straight... the game is surprisingly deep. It needs some polish and a better system on how to start & advance. I haven't lost track of time in a game since playing Civ.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31521 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »
goddamn dead cells is so good
What

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #31522 on: July 22, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
the power went out as i was fast traveling in horizon zero dawn. my ps4 wouldn't boot up without needing to format and reinstall the latest update. i thought nothing of it, nbd since ps plus would've had a recent save file backed up

nope  :'(

at least i had a semi recent backup of my og ps4 before switching over to the ps4pro so i managed to retrieve a save file (along with pt) from when i was lvl 34. i'm not going to go through the main missions again but at least i can work my way through the frozen wild. what's strange is every other game i was working my way through was backed up on psplus save for horizon.

i'm a bit bummed because i haven't enjoyed an open world game as much as horizon.  then again, i haven't played an open world title since red dead redemption so i might give some of the more modern ones a shot. zelda's next

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #31523 on: July 22, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »
Beat Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for GBA.

What a good game. So much content and great boss design for a GBA title. Just confirms what I've always felt about how great design is essential over great hardware.

benjipwns

« Reply #31524 on: July 23, 2018, 03:10:43 AM »
one of my 10s

even the character swapping isn't too annoying, and really the main flaw i found with the game is related to when you're in a position to level one of them way above the other due to a plot twist because it can goof with the bro attacks until the other catches up

i assume you didn't even try to complete the full coffee selection :lol

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #31525 on: July 23, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »
i assume you didn't even try to complete the full coffee selection :lol

Nah I didn't. There is actually a lot I didn't do. It's a game I could literally replay next year just to improve on my gameplay. Its the rare RPG that would actually be fun in that way.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31526 on: July 23, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
It goes downhill from here unfortunately. Superstar Saga was the height. Bowser's Inside Story is pretty good though.
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31527 on: July 23, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »
Having to grind the clan creator thing in Yakuza 6 is killing me on the inside.

That sweet platinum trophy though...

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31528 on: July 23, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
Beat Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for GBA.

What a good game. So much content and great boss design for a GBA title. Just confirms what I've always felt about how great design is essential over great hardware.

Great game.

Also why didn't you guys mention to me that Transistor is an 7-8 hours long RPG?

I've put Suikoden 2 aside on the weekend (as it is 50+ hours long) and started and finished Transistor (also a great game by the way).

NOW I AM FREE AND CAN BUY A HOUSE (IRL)

Fucking finally!!!!!!!!!

havent played their new one but this and bastion really touched me

kingv

« Reply #31529 on: July 23, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
Played some more NIER Automata. This game is beautiful in many ways.
But I was not prepared for this

Robots fucking, giving birth to an android humanoid WAAAT

oh and I like how 2B's sidekick is like: "Oh this means nothing really. You really shouldn't care about this WEIRD SHIT THAT IS HAPPENING
[close]

Just one of the many reasons this game is awesome. There are several completely wild moments in this game.

Admittedly, that might be the high point though.

I tried to explain this game to a few friends that don’t know shit about weeb  garbage and a few played it based on that scene alone.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #31530 on: July 23, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »
transistor is one of my fav games in past 5 years

kingv

« Reply #31531 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »
Agreed transistor was near perfect. Cool story, fun mechanics, and doesn’t overstay it’s welcome

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #31532 on: July 23, 2018, 07:18:58 PM »
 :lawd
and that soundtrack

Freyj

« Reply #31533 on: July 23, 2018, 11:50:22 PM »
The Umi-Bozu fight in Nioh is as bullshit a gimmick Souls fight as they come.

Also am I supposed to understand anything with regard to this fuckin' story? Cut-scenes are just a random assortment of historical (?) figures talking politics and what the christ that has to do with me slicing up demons is beyond me.

kingv

« Reply #31534 on: July 24, 2018, 12:35:41 AM »
Is IMO bozu the giant water monster?

IIRC it’s weak to fire, and you can like
Strike the fires and light up your sword for a boost. It’s still a hard boss though.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31535 on: July 24, 2018, 07:32:15 AM »
I just ran to the boss, didn't realize you had to light the fires in the stage and had total rage attacks at first, because without the fires there's two extra blobs that fuck you up. The "real" way wasn't so bad afterwards.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31536 on: July 24, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »
Shame they dropped the Kurosawa script.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31537 on: July 24, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
Finished Shining Force 2 it makes me so sad that the series died. It did a lot of things I feel that few tactical RPGs have on the creative front. I mean, SF1 had the cannon that would blast through a quarter of the map. SF2 had prism flowers and towers you had to climb where your team would get stuck on the stairs and you'd have to take that into account. It was very clever. It's sad that it's dead.

Started Breath of Fire 1: GBA Most of my breath of fire memories come from BoF2. It's funny though how less polished a game BoF1 is. Still enjoying it so far.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31538 on: July 24, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »
Got Hitman on the Xbox Store, so far it's pretty enjoyable and looks very nice.
It actually feels like classic Hitman, which other recent installments didn't.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31539 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »
Finished Shining Force 2 it makes me so sad that the series died. It did a lot of things I feel that few tactical RPGs have on the creative front. I mean, SF1 had the cannon that would blast through a quarter of the map. SF2 had prism flowers and towers you had to climb where your team would get stuck on the stairs and you'd have to take that into account. It was very clever. It's sad that it's dead.

Started Breath of Fire 1: GBA Most of my breath of fire memories come from BoF2. It's funny though how less polished a game BoF1 is. Still enjoying it so far.

There's more Shining Force you can play.

- Shining Force 3 (Saturn)
- Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (Game Gear)
- Shining Force CD (Sega CD) (Remake of both Shining Force Game Gear games)
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #31540 on: July 24, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »
I'm 6 hours into Final Fantasy 12 HD and constantly changing my mood between "eh, that's kind of nice" and "I'd rather replay FF6 right now".

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31541 on: July 24, 2018, 04:21:04 PM »
I was thinking about picking up FF15 as I hear it's kinda nice in 4K but I'm not sure if I will like it.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31542 on: July 24, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
Got Hitman on the Xbox Store, so far it's pretty enjoyable and looks very nice.
It actually feels like classic Hitman, which other recent installments didn't.

there is onky one shitman and its absolution. others are all good
What

Bebpo

« Reply #31543 on: July 24, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »
Finished Oneshot last night. Liked it but didn't really get it so I read up on it and found out about the NG+ Solstice run. Not sure if I'll do it since I read up on the plot of it and already know what happens, but if I can speedrun through it with a guide in an hour I'll probably do it.

Neat little game. Got the feels/atmosphere right, enjoyed some of the out of the box puzzle design and it's just the right length for indie games (~3 hours).

paprikastaude

« Reply #31544 on: July 24, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
Why is the music in FF12 so lame. How do you make a JRPG with lame music. I don't know if I could have beared the dungeons without 2x speed.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31545 on: July 24, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »

There's more Shining Force you can play.

- Shining Force 3 (Saturn)
- Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (Game Gear)
- Shining Force CD (Sega CD) (Remake of both Shining Force Game Gear games)
Been thinking about doing Shining Force 3.  I have the GPD win just wondering if there's a good enough Saturn emulator to make it work. Is it worth the effort?
que

bluemax

« Reply #31546 on: July 25, 2018, 12:36:55 AM »
I was thinking about picking up FF15 as I hear it's kinda nice in 4K but I'm not sure if I will like it.

If you get the Royal Edition its a much better game now than it was at launch. But it's still a game that not everyone is gonna enjoy. I love it though.
NO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31547 on: July 25, 2018, 04:28:38 AM »
Record of Lodoss War for the Dreamcast. A (so far) pretty decent ARPG.

Your weapons and armour can have up to 10 slots for [strike]runewords[/strike] Ancients that you can find out in the world. At the smithy, you choose one or a combination, whichever fits, and imbue it into the item. Simple stuff so far, like +1 Damage, which is a 3-slot word. Special attack Ancients have been teased.
The trick is that all Ancients can be moved at no cost or penalty, so you're actually upgrading them, rather than your items.

Your items can also be freely transformed. Don't like your sabre any more? Transform it into a 2-hander. I've already found a base weapon type which seems to do more damage to dark elves, so I suppos I'll be expected to transform my weapons out in the field to better suit my needs but the one time I've tried appears to have removed the Ancients, rather than migrate them to the new form. Will have to investigate further.

All that's done so far is to massively de-emphasize random loot drops, but I like it.

It's a pretty ugly game though and the DC controller's dearth of buttons made them use the triggers as modifiers for all sorts of things. B+R to auto-attack. L+R+Start to show the map. L+Stick to 'rotate' the camera 45°. A couple more I've already forgotten. Ugh.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31548 on: July 27, 2018, 07:14:11 AM »
^This is a pretty shit game, but I can't stop playing for some reason...

- The durability stat is all important, but really hard to get by. It governs how likely you are to be stunned or sent flying by hits. Some burlier enemies, like golems, will knock you on your ass with almost every hit. One on one, this is merely a tedious nuisance, because you have potions hooked to your veins. Get trapped in a corner or surrounded though and it's certain death.

- Levels are huge. There's a maze in the first act that is so incredibly tedious even your (temporary) companions complain about it. Haha, isn't it funny.

- Speaking of, I found a pair of obnoxiously loud metal boots. Noise is a stat that governs aggro range.

- A tutorial golem teleports out of nowhere at one point to teach you about mining mithril crystals. The necessary pickaxes, however, are single use, just like the lockpicks. Fuck whoever had that brilliant idea.

- I've already found my end-game weapon? The smith offered to make it for 10k mithril, which is a lot initially but very much worth it. Now that I have it though, I've seen no reason (or opportunity, really) to replace it. Sure, I can freely transform it into another type, but why would I? It's got good base damage, great range, great speed (for a two-hander) and high critical strike chance.
Invest in STR and DEX and upgrade its critical strike and it becomes a weapon that can one-shot multiple enemies with one swing. The only way to improve on it would be to turn it into an auto-aim crossbow.

- Bosses hit like trucks (i.e. send you flying) and have crit resistance. :<

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31549 on: July 27, 2018, 08:58:55 AM »
Looking for a cool game to buy on steam..20 euro's is my max but most games are cheap even on key resellers these days

Just dont know what to buy really. I was thinking about Nier Automata but I've already played through the illegal version a bit.. I quite liked it but not sure if it's worthy for a purchase. Only 19eu at cdkeys though. But the game stuttered a bit on my pc sometimes sadly. Even with FAR installed.

So if anyone has any good reccomendations Id gladly take a look
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31550 on: July 27, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »
Gog is having a sale on Ys games, you can't go wrong with any of them...
^_^

paprikastaude

« Reply #31551 on: July 27, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
Getting a hang of Final Fantasy XII HD. I like the micro management, especially since it is intuitive. The dungeons are ludicrously large though. On one hand, it's been a long time since a JRPG actually made me feel like actually traversing a desert. On the other hand, I don't think I could have beared this without 2x speed.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31552 on: July 27, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
More NIER, more weirdness and awesomeness.

Something is definitely 'off' here but this is the first game I've played in a while that doesn't make the plot seem very obvious.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31553 on: July 27, 2018, 07:31:29 PM »
Up to the final battle(s) in Zwei: Ilvard Insurrection. My girlfriend got me Octopath for my birthday, so that's definitely next on the list!
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #31554 on: July 28, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
Hitman 2016 is still the best game ever. I missed like the last 6-8 elusives because I'd moved on from the game when they first ran bi-weekly, so now on the 2nd loop of the elusive targets I've been waiting for them to get to the last 6-8 which they just got to about two weeks ago.

Just did The Warlord this morning in Thailand and that was pretty fun. I love how intense and free form the game is and how if I think outside the box I can come up with plans and actually pull them off and do the objectives while getting out undetected.

Can't wait for Hitman 2 and 100+ hours of my life to disappear again. 2016 is easily my favorite Stealth game of all time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31555 on: July 28, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
Hitman 2016 is still the best game ever. I missed like the last 6-8 elusives because I'd moved on from the game when they first ran bi-weekly, so now on the 2nd loop of the elusive targets I've been waiting for them to get to the last 6-8 which they just got to about two weeks ago.

Just did The Warlord this morning in Thailand and that was pretty fun. I love how intense and free form the game is and how if I think outside the box I can come up with plans and actually pull them off and do the objectives while getting out undetected.

Can't wait for Hitman 2 and 100+ hours of my life to disappear again. 2016 is easily my favorite Stealth game of all time.
Playing Hitman too but I'm still a noob and just finished the training.

The Paris level looks beautiful though.  :lawd

Also played some Mega Man 7 today. Must be the worst MM ever.  :doge
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31556 on: July 28, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »

[close]

kingv

« Reply #31557 on: July 28, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
More NIER, more weirdness and awesomeness.

Something is definitely 'off' here but this is the first game I've played in a while that doesn't make the plot seem very obvious.

Only thing about Niers story is that even by the very end I still didn’t really understand all of it.

It was a hell of a ride getting there though

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #31558 on: July 29, 2018, 03:02:05 AM »
really not feeling breath of the wild as much as i thought i would. i feel like every mechanic is designed to get in the way of my enjoyment and the magnetic shit is dumb af

i'm still early in the game so we'll see how i feel ten to twenty hours from now. zelda did use to be my favorite series up until post wind waker so my expectations might've been too high?

however, give me horizon's gameplay and zelda's traversal and you'd have my dream game

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31559 on: July 29, 2018, 03:45:18 AM »
Well how far in are you? Even tho im playing it on an emulator I'm having a fucking blast with it. Already did all the four ' temples ' and now I'm just finishing up minor stuff before I do my thing at Hyrule Castle.
What