Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3605880 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #33240 on: June 17, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »
You're crazy Borys!

Sometimes I admire these crazy challenges you do in these games, but sometimes I don't understand handicapping yourself in a way that really narrow's how you can play a game.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33241 on: June 17, 2019, 04:17:59 PM »
I sold that Pokemon Crystal for GBC for 175 euro's on ebay.. so 105 euro's profit off one game while I still have the other three  :rejoice
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33242 on: June 17, 2019, 07:13:26 PM »
Just made it to the landmark right before the final boss in Torna. Did every single side quest aside from fighting the 4 superbosses... tried the weakest one and got my ass kicked. Really fun, I like how it reigned in the excess of Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 a bit and in that case, gave the systems and sidequests a bit more room to breathe.
^_^

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33243 on: June 17, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »
Playing Doom 2016 alongside Nier. It's aight. With heavy heart I had to restart the game on "Hurt Me Plenty" difficulty, as I was experiencing cheap deaths on "Ultra Violence". The 20s save reload was the killer. I was getting 2 shotted by the imps and one shotted by some grunt so I figure the higher difficulties are for NG+ or something.

Best part so far is the interesting fart music. They prob should just included the 32X version

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:40:49 PM by The Sceneman »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #33244 on: June 17, 2019, 11:10:49 PM »
The 20s save reload was the killer. I was getting 2 shotted by the imps and one shotted by some grunt so I figure the higher difficulties are for NG+ or something.

no scrubs
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #33245 on: June 18, 2019, 04:15:51 AM »
Borys, I think you'd like Unavowed you get multiple party members with their own special abilities but you can only take 3 into any area and so there are multiple ways to solve the puzzles to progress based on whose in your party. I'm about halfway I think? The only negative I have is it's too easy without a ton of screens or items to interact with so it's more straight-forward even if there's multiple paths.

Also the more I play this the more I think Wadjet Eye should've gotten the Gabriel Knight 1 remake. This game looks and sounds a lot like GK1 only with much higher resolution backgrounds and sprites. I didn't play the GK1 remake because the whole 3d thing is just ugly plus they recast some of the classic VAs like Tim Curry. But yeah Wadjet Eye would've been the best developer for a GK1 remake.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33246 on: June 18, 2019, 08:39:52 AM »
Playing Doom 2016 alongside Nier. It's aight. With heavy heart I had to restart the game on "Hurt Me Plenty" difficulty, as I was experiencing cheap deaths on "Ultra Violence". The 20s save reload was the killer. I was getting 2 shotted by the imps and one shotted by some grunt so I figure the higher difficulties are for NG+ or something.

haha ur bad
fat

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33247 on: June 19, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
playing a lot of destiny 2 again, that game abuses me, but I keep coming back.

Bebpo

« Reply #33248 on: June 21, 2019, 01:26:57 AM »
World of FF - these mini games in the last chapter w.t.f. there is absolutely no way they could have made all of them this bad without purposely trying to make the most kusoge of kusoge (shit game) possible just to enact misery on trophy hunters or people trying to get a full pokedex.

I mean they wouldn’t make them all skippable unless they knew they were that bad. I’m kinda glad I’m not going for 100%, The minesweeper one was driving me nuts.

Also no map in the final dungeon and it all looks the same so if you get turned around lol

Otherwise still digging it. Plan to keep playing through the true end and maybe do the bonus dungeons unless they get grindy. Some of the music remixes are niceee. Glad the soundtrack is on Spotify now.

I’m enjoying the story, dialogues thanks to the main characters being fun and having good chemistry with each other. Also the anime scenes are great. Can’t remember if any other FF has had anime cutscenes. This game really feels like a lost PS2 rpg, maybe even a tri-ace B-team-ish ps2 rpg in a good way. Hope they make a sequel.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #33249 on: June 21, 2019, 03:02:22 AM »
Went ahead and jumped at the NBA 2K19 for $2.99 deal on PSN, but I regret it. The default sliders are absolutely terrible, it's at the point where guards with sub-70 ratings and centers can keep up with prime Jordan, who misses open lay ups, every steal attempt is a foul, no one can ever get open when running plays not really from smothering defense as much they never actually run the plays you call and when you do everyone just blobs together anyway. Every game is either 40 point blow out or constant 20 point swings. You can never juke anyone, so basically the only thing to do is endless pick and rolls and fast breaks. I can't even tell you how many times I've missed wide open jumpers with perfect releases from star players with A+ shot ratings.

The fuck is wrong with this game?
What level are you playing on? I've never liked how it's played on the highest levels, so I just play shorter minutes (in the franchise/season mode you can have it auto-adjust your stats to 12 minutes after) so the AI can be competitive, I also have used the "real player %" for years because of how much they've messed with the shot meter and never gotten it to work properly with the animations.

Before you give up and delete it, you have to play the MyCAREER story though. Some of the greatest video game writing in history ever of all time.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33250 on: June 21, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »
Tried Insurgency Sandstorm for the free weekend.
Did the tutorials and i like the gameplay, shooting feels really good, even though the setting is kind of boring, but i couldn't figure out how to play with my buddy in a private coop game, and couldn't set up a working LAN.
Now granted, i'm pretty fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed, but i still don't understand why something so simple has to be so convoluted, ffs.
Even googling, leads you to a bunch of confused steam posts on the matter.

Unfortunately i don't give a shit about playing with strangers, so i probably won't bother (doesn't help that the game seems to dip my GPU into lava).

EDIT: Also i hate the invite system Steam has, half the time the pop-up with "Join game" doesn't even come up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33251 on: June 21, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »
Did the tutorials and i like the gameplay, shooting feels really good, even though the setting is kind of boring, but i couldn't figure out how to play with my buddy in a private coop game, and couldn't set up a working LAN.
Now granted, i'm pretty fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed, but i still don't understand why something so simple has to be so convoluted, ffs.

Unfortunately i don't give a shit about playing with strangers, so i probably won't bother (doesn't help that the game seems to dip my GPU into lava).

EDIT: Also i hate the invite system Steam has, half the time the pop-up with "Join game" doesn't even come up.
For private coop you have to set-up your own server.

But it doesn't matter, you can easily join the same server with your buddy. In fact, you'll need the extra team mates to get out alive.
Simply invite your friends using the party system, then join a co-op server or matchmaking queue together.

Enjoy the game friend, more content is coming  8)
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #33252 on: June 21, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
Good game, bless glad to see them listening to the community as well. Tell your brother bless up.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33253 on: June 22, 2019, 12:29:28 AM »
Playing Portal: Still Alive cos it's free on GWG this month and its some quick gamerscore.

Classic game for sure, but man I got reminded of the horrible fandom/memes surrounding the game when it first came out. *shudders*

I love clicking on videos like this as theres always thirsty weeb fucks busting a nut in the comments over the fuckin nerbo broads. I hate everything

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33254 on: June 22, 2019, 01:27:09 AM »

For private coop you have to set-up your own server.

But it doesn't matter, you can easily join the same server with your buddy. In fact, you'll need the extra team mates to get out alive.
Simply invite your friends using the party system, then join a co-op server or matchmaking queue together.

Enjoy the game friend, more content is coming  8)
I don't have a working mic atm, is the problem, that's why i was hoping to set up a LAN, so i could bring two PCs/laptops near each other and play like that (or even use the phone, lol, Nintendo style).
I've been playing The Division 2 just fine on mute, but this seems like the game (like most tac. shooters) where you can't just wing it, and need to coordinate properly.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #33255 on: June 23, 2019, 12:20:00 AM »
I've had Dusk since Early Access but finally sat through it. Great stuff, even towards the end where they started goofy insane stuff at you if you have experience with quake style movement it's never issue. Didn't find all the secrets in all the levels but I'm surprised by how many I did catch just exploring. Cameo at the end was great =p for the heads out there and for whats there for story it was kinda cool.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Gotta go through Amid Evil now that it's out of EA as well:

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #33256 on: June 23, 2019, 01:25:13 AM »
Man, Dying Light is not that huge an improvement over Dead Island/Riptide. :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #33257 on: June 23, 2019, 07:36:48 AM »
Bit of a boring grind in Hollow Knight, need 1800 geo for a lantern... stupid time sink

This kind of stuff makes me quit games, a metroidvania doesnt need a coin grind
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:43:55 AM by Premium Lager »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33258 on: June 23, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »
Man, Dying Light is not that huge an improvement over Dead Island/Riptide. :doge

its not?
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33259 on: June 23, 2019, 09:39:00 AM »
I got the platinum on Days Gone

Please don't play Days Gone
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #33260 on: June 23, 2019, 10:45:23 AM »
World of FF - Cleared the first ending. Got wrecked on the final boss and had to go back and re-learn deeper strategies beyond just "hit enemy weakpoint". Ended up changing from magic attacking builds to 2 defensive builds that basically win on counters so I just defend and regen and heal as needed and hit back with counters until the end bosses die. Started post-script and will see how those fights go. I'm a little underleveled which doesn't make any sense to me since I'm 40 hours in and have grinded at spots. But lvl.56 and apparently most people did the first final boss around lvl.60.

Bit of a boring grind in Hollow Knight, need 1800 geo for a lantern... stupid time sink

This kind of stuff makes me quit games, a metroidvania doesnt need a coin grind

I think the lantern is the only pay thing you need. There's probably other areas you haven't gone to yet that you don't need the lantern for so you can explore those and get the money first. Game is very non-linear and only a few places need the lantern. I'm not even sure if any areas in the main story do? I just remember some hidden rooms with optional items.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #33261 on: June 23, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »
Cool, might stick with it then.Thanks.

Chooky

« Reply #33262 on: June 23, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
i'm pretty far into it and so far the stupid lantern was the only grinding i've done. there is some other collectable currency but as far as i can tell it only gives you optional bonuses.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33263 on: June 23, 2019, 01:52:55 PM »
Crash Racing remake - the GOAT seems to be still intact :rejoice

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33264 on: June 23, 2019, 02:34:11 PM »
I read that game has terrible rubber banding. In 2019
fat

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #33265 on: June 23, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »

its not?

IMO, no. The combat is still junk. The sidequests are a bit more varied, but the game is just jank and the night cycle isn't engaging enough (IMO) to where it's like "why did they include it?"

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #33266 on: June 23, 2019, 07:22:02 PM »
I love clicking on videos like this as theres always thirsty weeb fucks busting a nut in the comments over the fuckin nerbo broads. I hate everything

:lol

bro
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #33267 on: June 23, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »
been so fucking shit at cs lately, so felt good doing a big boi play

watching the demo afterwards and hearing the other team say 'he got some big balls' had me laughing

Svejk

« Reply #33268 on: June 24, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »
Then Bioware evolved to make DA; Inquisition...  :goty2

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33269 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
To be fair, the RPGs from Obsidian, Larian, and inXile are more like niche outliers in the genre rather than the mainstream.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #33270 on: June 24, 2019, 09:18:43 AM »
I read that game has terrible rubber banding. In 2019

It doesn't. It's just millenials sucking at vidyas.

kingv

« Reply #33271 on: June 24, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »
To be fair, the RPGs from Obsidian, Larian, and inXile are more like niche outliers in the genre rather than the mainstream.

The best niche though.

That’s one thing I can appreciate about Witcher 3. It took a lot of those CRPG elements and managed to make a game that sold 10 million copies.

Of course, I say one thing likenits not one of my top 3 games this gen.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33272 on: June 24, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Borys, if you're looking for system-heavy RPGs you should try the Xenoblade games. DQ is pretty straightforward and doesn't usually add much in the way of systems on a game by game basis (which is appreciated,  not every game needs a radical reinvention of gameplay), and FFXV is just a bad game.

I haven't played the games you mentioned, but most of those seem pretty incremental, not really super radical reinventions of traditional RPG systems like say timed attacks in Mario RPG, Xenoblade's auto battle, or Persona's school sim/relationship management elements, or the Nier games' genre mashups.
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #33273 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
The battle mechanics for Xenoblade Chronicles X was a bit too much for me to wrap my head around.  They weren't kidding when they suggest you use the built in instruction manual.   After about 20 hours in, I gave up.  Beautiful game though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33274 on: June 24, 2019, 03:03:12 PM »
Recently played a bit of FF15 and what even is that game.  :lol
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33275 on: June 24, 2019, 03:37:21 PM »
Just finished Rune Classic. I knew that Humanhead had made changes from Rune Gold, most drastic of which was cutting a bunch of levels, but since I had never finished the original I wouldn't have noticed the difference anyways.

Combat is basic, but enemies do a lot of damage so some finesse is required. Three weapon types (sword, axe, mace), with increasingly powerful varieties (all of which you retain, somehow; Ragnar stronk!). Each variant has a unique special/rune magic, but rune juice is hard to come by and semi-hidden, so they're best saved up for bosses and bad ambushes.

Serviceable hack & slash that was quite the looker in its time.

technical issues
Couple of crashes toward the end. One recurring during a particular cutscene. Turning sound volume to 0 solves it. Alright. :derp
[close]

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33276 on: June 24, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »
Should I play Guacamelee or Hollow Knight first

Chooky

« Reply #33277 on: June 24, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
guac is much shorter iirc

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #33278 on: June 24, 2019, 11:47:02 PM »
Amid Evil def. harder than Dusk so far. Enemies are super aggressive and you don't feel like a god even with all the weapons. Weapons are great though, they fit all the classic archetypes while still feeling fresh and new. The rocket launcher hurls planets and theres even an achievement for throwing earth  :doge

Play this one on normal and Dusk on hard.

Hope Ion Maiden turns out well to complete the cypher

:rejoice

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33279 on: June 26, 2019, 05:23:31 AM »
Started Guacamelee - it good. Used the Konami code to go straight to hard mode. Combat feels good - controls are tight

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33280 on: June 26, 2019, 05:51:56 AM »
Yeah, definitely feels fluid frame-wise, and enemy attacks are intuitive to time so it feels good to dodge. Hard mode feels hard (I died in a tutorial segment!) but Ive read its the way to play the game. Really enjoying the mexican flavour and humor too - good writing

Bebpo

« Reply #33281 on: June 26, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »
Guacamelee is a speedrunning game. You're always moving and fighting and moving and it has great flow.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33282 on: June 27, 2019, 03:19:05 AM »
Enjoying Guac so much I tossed a couple bucks at the devs for the character pack. Couldn't resist the extra achievements!

So far the Flame Face skin has made hard mode pretty easy with the regen health passive ability
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:06:23 AM by The Sceneman »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33283 on: June 27, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
Started playing CS2, still in the first chapter and am a bit disappointed it's a re-tread of Celdic from CS1. Hoping that there aren't too many re-treads and you get to go to more of the Erebonian empire in this one. Game also seems a bit harder than the first one, to start with. Lots of HP sink enemies who like to heal themselves.
^_^

Tuckers Law

« Reply #33284 on: June 27, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
Fired up Mario + Rabbids again after a long hiatus, felt like I had never left.  This game is the comfiest of X-Com’s.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33285 on: June 27, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
Arc the Lad
I knew nothing about this game, despite knowing of it for ages. I was surprised by not only the strategic (SRPG-like) combat system, but the basic structure. Pleasantly surprised. No random battles, no talking to every PC in villages to advance the story, no non-decisions at the local vendors, etc.

Do the sequels maintain this structure or did they 'improve' them?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #33286 on: June 27, 2019, 05:00:41 PM »
Torrented The Sinking City, and it's surprisingly ok, despite the absolute jank nature of it. It has some weird charm to it.

kingv

« Reply #33287 on: June 27, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »
Fired up Mario + Rabbids again after a long hiatus, felt like I had never left.  This game is the comfiest of X-Com’s.

I’m in the last world and got to a part that I just can’t beat.

It feels really luck-based, where there just isn’t enough tactical options to play it well.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33288 on: June 27, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »
Arc the Lad
I knew nothing about this game, despite knowing of it for ages. I was surprised by not only the strategic (SRPG-like) combat system, but the basic structure. Pleasantly surprised. No random battles, no talking to every PC in villages to advance the story, no non-decisions at the local vendors, etc.

Do the sequels maintain this structure or did they 'improve' them?

Sequel plays more like a traditional rpg but with smaller scale SRPG battles. The battles are in fixed positions, I don't remember if they respawn or not (I think if you backtrack a few rooms they do). There are also towns and a much deeper scenario.

I didn't like what I played of 3. Too much goofy meandering dialogue and the deep, dark story of 2 was replaced by bland guild missions. And the 3d polygonal graphics lacked the charm of the 2D of the first 2 games.

Twilight of the Spirits was decent but doesn't have the exploration of 2 and mostly goes back to single-area battles with a less grid-like movement.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #33289 on: June 27, 2019, 05:29:54 PM »
Started playing CS2, still in the first chapter and am a bit disappointed it's a re-tread of Celdic from CS1. Hoping that there aren't too many re-treads and you get to go to more of the Erebonian empire in this one. Game also seems a bit harder than the first one, to start with. Lots of HP sink enemies who like to heal themselves.

That's most of the game. Same with CS4 repeat on CS3. It's their formula unfortunately.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33290 on: June 27, 2019, 06:42:42 PM »
Anyone still playing Division 2? It's sucking up what little free time i had left.  :'(
On the surface it's Division 1.5, but something very different is going on with the progression loop, because i couldn't be bothered to go more than 8 or so hours into D1, whereas this i got to lvl 30 and i still want to play.  :doge

Snowy NYC > Summer Washington DC; even though the city itself is rather nice.
Division 3 i want them to move out of the US, i don't care where (as long as it isn't, like, Canada).
Personally i'd go for Hong Kong, but something like Marseille or Osaka would also be cool.

I still hate all the RNG shit, especially when it comes to Apparel Caches... you spend 4 hours to get one, and then instead of some cool pants or shirt, you get a distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed dancing emoticon that i will never use.
In my personal utopia, people who invented, developed or in any way promoted the creation of "totally awesome" dancing animations in online games, would be quarantined and fed only stale bread and warm water for life.   :mods

Tuckers Law

« Reply #33291 on: June 27, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »

I’m in the last world and got to a part that I just can’t beat.

It feels really luck-based, where there just isn’t enough tactical options to play it well.

Ah that’s too bad, I’ve been loving it up to this point (Almost compete with W2).

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33292 on: June 27, 2019, 09:22:19 PM »
  :mods

Okay how long has the Raul Julia Bison emote been there and why didn't I know about it

Bebpo

« Reply #33293 on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:36 PM »
Started playing The Messenger. This plays a lot better than I expected since I expected 8-bit Ninja Gaiden and I remember NES NG controlling incredibly stiff. These controls are really smooth. Seems great early on. I like the humorous writing. Goes a long way to bringing character to it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33294 on: June 28, 2019, 05:34:27 AM »
NES Ninja Gaiden stiff? What? It's easily one of the best controlling action platformers on the system. Give the NES Ghost and Goblins a try, then go back to Ninja Gaiden.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #33295 on: June 28, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »
Keep us updated bebps, its on my list.

Does it have stages or is it a metroidvania?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33296 on: June 28, 2019, 08:56:03 AM »
Anyone still playing Division 2? It's sucking up what little free time i had left.  :'(
On the surface it's Division 1.5, but something very different is going on with the progression loop, because i couldn't be bothered to go more than 8 or so hours into D1, whereas this i got to lvl 30 and i still want to play.  :doge

Division 3 i want them to move out of the US, i don't care where (as long as it isn't, like, Canada).
Personally i'd go for Hong Kong, but something like Marseille or Osaka would also be cool.

I still hate all the RNG shit, especially when it comes to Apparel Caches... you spend 4 hours to get one, and then instead of some cool pants or shirt, you get a distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed dancing emoticon that i will never use.
In my personal utopia, people who invented, developed or in any way promoted the creation of "totally awesome" dancing animations in online games, would be quarantined and fed only stale bread and warm water for life.   :mods

division 2 dropped off after the raid and how they fucked it up. i sold my copy. all aboard the destiny 2 train choo choo
fat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33297 on: June 28, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »

division 2 dropped off after the raid and how they fucked it up. i sold my copy. all aboard the destiny 2 train choo choo
That's in September, i'll likely jump in since it'll be free to play.
Until then, i'll do some more of Div2 though, haven't even activated the Black Tusk yet.

What was wrong with the raid?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33298 on: June 28, 2019, 09:30:55 AM »
It was nothing but DPS checks, so unless you had a 1% min-maxed to shit and back build, you weren't really going to go far. Doesn't help that it was overtuned to shit, played like ass on console (hence the articles on how nobody on console could clear it for like 4 days) and skills were still trash. Farming for gear is a slog, Dark Zone is trash, builds still suck. Just not fun to me, so I dumped it off.

Everything up to that point was... relatively fun. But once you hit that wall, that's it - game over
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #33299 on: June 28, 2019, 05:30:09 PM »
NES Ninja Gaiden stiff? What? It's easily one of the best controlling action platformers on the system. Give the NES Ghost and Goblins a try, then go back to Ninja Gaiden.

Yeah, probably just bad memory. I remember NG on NES being incredibly hard and I attributed it to NES controls/gameplay since so many NES games play stiff.