Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3606314 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #33300 on: June 28, 2019, 09:35:02 PM »
It was nothing but DPS checks, so unless you had a 1% min-maxed to shit and back build, you weren't really going to go far. Doesn't help that it was overtuned to shit, played like ass on console (hence the articles on how nobody on console could clear it for like 4 days) and skills were still trash. Farming for gear is a slog, Dark Zone is trash, builds still suck. Just not fun to me, so I dumped it off.

Everything up to that point was... relatively fun. But once you hit that wall, that's it - game over
Well that sucks.
I'm still having fun so far and i'm several hours in, so at least it doesn't feel like i wasted money this time.

kingv

« Reply #33301 on: June 29, 2019, 05:26:23 AM »
Started playing The Messenger. This plays a lot better than I expected since I expected 8-bit Ninja Gaiden and I remember NES NG controlling incredibly stiff. These controls are really smooth. Seems great early on. I like the humorous writing. Goes a long way to bringing character to it.

It eventually goes kind of metroidvania, and I thought that part was poorly executed.

It’s more Castlevania 2 then Super Metroid. Kind of obtuse what you are supposed to do and the level design is not that good at that point. They should have kept it linear, imo.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33302 on: June 29, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »
Yeah, probably just bad memory. I remember NG on NES being incredibly hard and I attributed it to NES controls/gameplay since so many NES games play stiff.

I has pretty bad design in spots where you basically have to scroll the screen to the right so the annoying flying enemies spawn so you can take them out and you don't have to deal with them while platforming.

It's like the complete opposite of what most of the levels feel like. Incredible flow throughout the game and then, here's some badly placed enemies to fuck your day up.

Contra is probably the only action game on the platform I consider perfect.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33303 on: June 29, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »
Finished Arc the Lad in less than 10 hours. Short and sweet. Dumb ending, but it was to be expected given that it's a trilogy.

Arc the Lad 2? Apparently 50+ hours to beat. Fuck you. :beli

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33304 on: June 29, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
Dipped my toes into Super Mario Maker 2.

I'm missing the alt costumes but it feels more like a genuine Mario game with the story mode and all while the first game felt more like a general 'make your own platformer' type of thing.
Already seeing some fun and challenging creations. They've really added a ton of depth to the type of levels you can make.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #33305 on: June 29, 2019, 09:08:00 PM »
Yeah, I've done about the first 15 story mode levels, it's ok, honestly haven't been very impressed and doesn't feel comparable to a real mario for me.
But, I've also been playing the most popular user levels and there's been some great ones in there, so getting my enjoyment out of this and hoping the story mode stages pick up later on.

My main issue with the story mode stages is they feel designed where they're kind of straight forward and easy for the mass audience and most of the real clever/good bits are to get coins/big coins. But there's no real incentive to get all the coins or anything. I feel like there should be a 100% completion all coins kind of clear for stages or something if they wanted to go that way. Either that or make the hard to reach coins red coins and have a separate unlock in story mode that unlocks with red coins.

I mean I wasn't expecting a full mario title out of this so I'm satisfied with the purchase, reminds me of littlebigplanet with less of a centralized story campaign.

Chooky

« Reply #33306 on: June 30, 2019, 12:59:47 AM »
what's up with the post game in hollow knight? is it worth doing?

I wrapped the game up with ~80%, find all the obvious rooms and beat all bosses I found. I looked up the dlc stuff and found the grimm troupe and godwhatever (lol the entrance to grimm was so shit), and grimm looks like busywork while god looks like boss rushes. is that it? are there any other major cool things to find? these dlcs look like they're strictly for the hardcore fans that don't want to let go, but personally I don't want to slog through them especially if there's nothing cool at the end.

Bebpo

« Reply #33307 on: June 30, 2019, 01:21:23 AM »
Grimm is short but good. The boss fight is arguably the best in the entire game.

God home is cool to access and check out, there is a room where you can instantly play any boss you want which is a nice way to replay and learn bosses. The boss rushes start out ok, but the last one that’s like 3 hours long 72 bosses is insane and just YouTube the ending (which btw seems like setup for the sequel).

Otherwise the DLC just added a few extra dream boss fights which are ok, but skippable.

I’d recommend doing Grimm and unlocking Godhome and then calling it a day.

Chooky

« Reply #33308 on: June 30, 2019, 06:45:47 AM »
gotcha. will do, thx. I also see there's a special final boss so I'll try and figure out where that is too.

Bebpo

« Reply #33309 on: June 30, 2019, 07:17:36 AM »
Ohhh, yes absolutely go for the true ending. Radiance is a tough satisfying final fight.

White palace will piss you off just a warning. It’s Suoer Meat Boy Hollow Knight and some it’s great platforming and some of it’s vey, very hard.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33310 on: June 30, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »
slowly getting used to the timing of perfect drifts in Crash Racing and also getting the best boosts out of speed pads :lawd

20 yo game raping Mario Kart's mechanics so hard it isn't even funny  :crazy

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33311 on: June 30, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »

Rape is never funny.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33312 on: June 30, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
@tiesto, what is CS2?!?! Why didn't you spell the game name.

Trails of Cold Steel 2
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33313 on: June 30, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »

Rape is never funny.

What

Chooky

« Reply #33314 on: June 30, 2019, 04:43:51 PM »
Ohhh, yes absolutely go for the true ending. Radiance is a tough satisfying final fight.

White palace will piss you off just a warning. It’s Suoer Meat Boy Hollow Knight and some it’s great platforming and some of it’s vey, very hard.

beat it and i still need to do more to get to the final boss???

the end of this game has burned me out so bad. i liked a lot of the game as i played it, but i saw a comment online saying that the game doesn't respect your time and i really felt that. the combat is extremely fun and the platforming is decent, but traversing the game is such a chore. the useless map, the god-awful lack of quick warp points, even the way so many areas are designed in a way that you can fall all the way to the bottom if you slip up, it all makes the game feel incredibly tedious. not to mention the fairly pointless way the game wants you to track down your spirit after death. i was so tired of running back and forth to try and see if i could get into a room i hadn't explored yet, feeling like i was searching for a needle in a haystack to lead me to the first end boss.

and then the later challenges, holy fuck. they aren't bad but oh my god why does everything feel like it's overstaying its welcome? why does a battle arena take over 30 minutes? why does the boss arena have you fight ten million bosses in a row but demand you start from the beginning if you fail, and why add new bosses to it that play similarly to like 10 other bosses you already fought in the game? hell even the white palace wouldn't have been so bad if they would have just cut out a bunch of it. the challenge was good but who tf plays a level with like 30 spike traps and goes "man i wish there were 60 more spike traps that'd be fun!"

the whole thing just ends up feeling bloated and repetitive in the end and sours the fun i had early on. hope the next game is way more focused.

fuck me i need to go outside or something

Bebpo

« Reply #33315 on: June 30, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »
Hmmmm, I didn't think traversal was bad. There's pretty quick ways to get everywhere via shortcuts and warp points. I'm with you on not being a fan of games that are tedious and waste your time but HK didn't feel like that to me. I thought all the exploration was really good. I did like a 107% run in like 30ish hours?

I agree the arena stuff sucks. I'm not a fan of long ass endurance/horde stuff in any games. Luckily only the first 2 arenas are required in HK (because #2 gives you the last bit for the final nail upgrade). The really long 3rd arena doesn't do anything so I never bothered with it.

The other part that's tedious bullshit is the flower carrying quest but it only unlocks a tiny different ending and the last piece of health mask (which would have been nice to have, but fuck that quest).

To get to the true end iirc you need 2 things:

1. Beat White Palace (should give you half a mask?)
2. Beat the Traitor King Boss (should give you other half of mask?) which is somewhere in Queen's Garden-ish.

There might be a 3rd requirement like a dream fight or something, idk google it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33316 on: July 01, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »
Borys you should make youtube videos like those dumb ones like "can you beat fallout using only a fork" I bet you could make youtube bank

"Can you beat [stupid eurotrash rpg] without leveling up?"
fat

Nuitangg

« Reply #33317 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:03 PM »
Finally getting around to playing Katamari on the Switch and I don't remember the controls being this shit.

kingv

« Reply #33318 on: July 01, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »
Pretty sure they were always shit

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #33319 on: July 02, 2019, 01:43:37 AM »
insurgency: sandstorm

the amount of racist shit spewed every match, reminds of the golden days of MW2

dota underlords

yeah this auto chess stuff is addicting, no wins yet just 3rds and a 2nd  :'(

paprikastaude

« Reply #33320 on: July 02, 2019, 03:16:41 AM »
Rogue Legacy  :snore
Another overhyped indie fake retro platformer. It feels like meaningless grind whose costumisation is barely a farce. The room and enemy elements aren't especially engaging from an action platforming perspective either. It's especially striking after playing Bloodstained.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33321 on: July 02, 2019, 03:32:21 AM »
Rogue Legacy  :snore
Another overhyped indie fake retro platformer. It feels like meaningless grind whose costumisation is barely a farce. The room and enemy elements aren't especially engaging from an action platforming perspective either. It's especially striking after playing Bloodstained.

it was great when it came out but now you have shit like dead cells which is so much better
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33322 on: July 05, 2019, 07:58:20 AM »
Played a lot of Advance Wars this week. Its some kind of game. not bad.

The OG DS Phat I purchased in 2005 is finally giving up the ghost. Lotsa dead pixels on it, but you can still play the games. Might be time to upgrade to a DS Lite or something

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33323 on: July 05, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
Or buy a backlight gba from somewhere :p
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33324 on: July 05, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
Or buy a backlight gba from somewhere :p

Cant play my Slitherlink game card on one of those though. It's still my #1 travel game.

dCharlie got it for me for like the '07 Bore Secret Santa - still play it. its so good
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:08:47 AM by The Sceneman »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33325 on: July 06, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
 :lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33326 on: July 06, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »
Want to play Mario Maker 2 but can't put Bloodstained down just yet.

Also played some Battlefield V. It has gotten surprisingly good after all the updates.
🤴

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #33327 on: July 06, 2019, 05:32:17 PM »
I've been playing XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. Definitely my favorite XCOM so far. It's much faster with the turn limits and a new super-stealth scout class. The Chosen and Lost are great additions, especially when they both spawn on top of an already difficult mission.

The game goes way over the top in abilities you can get. I'm barely even spending any of the bonus points, and I have so many abilities I can hardly keep track. That makes it really fun to play, although hard for enemies to keep up after the mid game.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #33328 on: July 07, 2019, 06:34:47 AM »
Can’t wait for XCOM 3 :mouf
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33329 on: July 07, 2019, 09:20:35 AM »
have u guys tried XCOM2 Long War 2? It's pretty awesome too too bad you cant use a controller to play it :(
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33330 on: July 08, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
Do we have a GTA V thread?
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33331 on: July 08, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »
Just finished Act 1 Part 2 of CSII and the watchtower storming scenes were amazing... while the characterization so far doesn't seem nearly as good as CSI, the action scenes featuring your giant robot Valimar are great, and I actually like how the pacing seems much faster than CSI. No boring school scenes too which is nice.
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #33332 on: July 09, 2019, 01:09:59 AM »

The OG DS Phat I purchased in 2005 is finally giving up the ghost. Lotsa dead pixels on it, but you can still play the games. Might be time to upgrade to a DS Lite or something

Advance Wars is a puzzle game that looks like a strategy game. There is a perfect, repeatable solution to every level in the game. Once I found that out I lost interest in the series.
NO

Fifstar

« Reply #33333 on: July 09, 2019, 04:29:42 AM »

Advance Wars is a puzzle game that looks like a strategy game. There is a perfect, repeatable solution to every level in the game. Once I found that out I lost interest in the series.

That's what makes the game great though.
Gulp

paprikastaude

« Reply #33334 on: July 09, 2019, 09:36:34 AM »
Picked up Mighty Gunvolt for a buck after the recent announcements of more Inti Create games coming to Steam.

Gotta be real, I'm surprised how much decent fun it already is. I only played this and the first Bloodstained by them so far, but I think I really like that developer. They are actually get that retro feel right, probably because it's veterans - especially compared to western indies, who focus way too much on cramming some story into their fake retro games and none of their graphics ever look like anything that ever existed. Will be checking out Blaster Master and other Gunvolt games in the future.

SmokyDave

« Reply #33335 on: July 12, 2019, 09:25:16 AM »
I picked up a SNES mini for the kid's room, but then noticed it had Earthbound preinstalled and I've never played it. Needless to say, the SNES mini is now hooked up to the living room TV, and I'm somewhere just past Moonside having a bit of fun.

Game's alright, man. Can't give any real insight because the only other turn-based RPG I've stuck with for more than five minutes was Persona 4 Golden. Not that it matters, I'm sure everyone has played it already. Very charming though, even if the actual gameplay isn't doing much for me.

It's nice to take a break from modern consoles and PC launchers, I know that much. Hit power, press start, play game. Sweet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33336 on: July 12, 2019, 09:40:29 AM »
Picked up Mighty Gunvolt for a buck after the recent announcements of more Inti Create games coming to Steam.

Gotta be real, I'm surprised how much decent fun it already is. I only played this and the first Bloodstained by them so far, but I think I really like that developer. They are actually get that retro feel right, probably because it's veterans - especially compared to western indies, who focus way too much on cramming some story into their fake retro games and none of their graphics ever look like anything that ever existed. Will be checking out Blaster Master and other Gunvolt games in the future.

Yeah, Mighty Gunvolt/Gal Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst are the best things to have come out of the Mighty No. 9 mess for sure- they're actual good 8-bit style Mega Man games.  The first one is a pretty small little game but Burst is a full game that (with all the DLC added) gives you a bunch of different characters to play as with different abilities.  If you want to play something akin to Mega Man X (or maybe more like Mega Man Zero, which Inti Creates worked on), check out  Azure Striker Gunvolt too. 
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33337 on: July 12, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »
I picked up a SNES mini for the kid's room, but then noticed it had Earthbound preinstalled and I've never played it. Needless to say, the SNES mini is now hooked up to the living room TV, and I'm somewhere just past Moonside having a bit of fun.

Game's alright, man. Can't give any real insight because the only other turn-based RPG I've stuck with for more than five minutes was Persona 4 Golden. Not that it matters, I'm sure everyone has played it already. Very charming though, even if the actual gameplay isn't doing much for me.

It's nice to take a break from modern consoles and PC launchers, I know that much. Hit power, press start, play game. Sweet.

Time to hack that bitch and put more goodness on it
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33338 on: July 12, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »

Speaking as a huge turn based rpg fan, Earthbound's gameplay isn't terribly compelling. The item management and limited inventory, grindy spots, limited moveset hold it back in that aspect. The charm more than makes up for it, though.
^_^

SmokyDave

« Reply #33339 on: July 12, 2019, 11:09:42 AM »
Time to hack that bitch and put more goodness on it
Already done :)

Ostensibly to put some disney and unicorn games on for the kid, but Gradius 3, Parodius, Super SWIV and a bundle of others sort of 'fell' on there too. I'm really pleased with the little box to be honest.

Speaking as a huge turn based rpg fan, Earthbound's gameplay isn't terribly compelling. The item management and limited inventory, grindy spots, limited moveset hold it back in that aspect. The charm more than makes up for it, though.
Yeah, I'm definitely struggling with the inventory, and when they took Paula away that just made things worse (she's back now though, and I also have Poo). The Department Store is the only time I've really had to grind so far, but then I'm playing it late at night when I'm either sleepy or high anyway, so it's totally bearable. Such a nice little game though, holding up fine after nearly 30 years.

And the music, the fucking music. Some tracks are a bit 'off', but generally the soundtrack is a proper bop. This will definitely be the second turn-based RPG I play to completion.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33340 on: July 12, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »

Yeah, Mighty Gunvolt/Gal Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst are the best things to have come out of the Mighty No. 9 mess for sure- they're actual good 8-bit style Mega Man games.  The first one is a pretty small little game but Burst is a full game that (with all the DLC added) gives you a bunch of different characters to play as with different abilities.  If you want to play something akin to Mega Man X (or maybe more like Mega Man Zero, which Inti Creates worked on), check out  Azure Striker Gunvolt too.

We all know who to blame for main game MN9 sucking

:camby :camby :camby

Nuitangg

« Reply #33341 on: July 12, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »
Finished Crackdown 3 on easy.  :goldberg

Cryo

« Reply #33342 on: July 13, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
Blazing Chrome came out this week and after spending the past year checking their twitter for a release date it very much so lived up to my hype.

Pros:
-Art and music are fantastic in motion. Explosions sound and feel chunky, and only experienced slowdown once on the switch version.
-Happy with the game length - doesn’t overstay it’s welcome and can be finished in about an hour, unless you’re not good like me and keep dying repeatedly
-Easy and Normal have infinite continues and checkpoints, which is a fair concession considering the stage segments are on par in difficulty with the older Contra games
-Weapons are all pretty fun to use, though I’m sad the character pairs are just gendered skins and don’t have their own weapon loadouts. The 2 characters you unlock after finishing the game play more like Strider

Cons:
-Switch port is currently missing some effects like character drop shadows which were omitted to be able to hit 60fps, but they’re working on optimizing the game and adding them per their Twitter. Seems like their switch ports have generally had niggles, but I’ve beaten the game twice now and had no serious performance issues.
-Dodge roll does not work with my ingrained reflexes - overall, seems like they programmed the game to use far less buttons than they have access to, like the melee attack mapped to the shoot button. Most of my death involve me rolling off a platform I want to jump down from or jump out of a bullet’s path.
-Bullet appearance compared to Contra is not great, as they tend to blend in with the surroundings

Definitely worth the $17 if you are a fan of run n guns.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33343 on: July 14, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »
Getting really pissed I can't beat some awful boss in Mighty Gunvolt. It's a DLC stage that isn't necessary for completion and you can go to the next DLC stage without beating it anyway, but it bugs the hell out of me. It's multiple times harder than anything else in the game, thanks to completely unreadable random attacks that hit way too hard. Dunno what they were thinking. Makes me even angrier considering the rest of the game is way better. Guess I'll have to accept defeat.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:08:56 PM by Spieler1 »

Beezy

« Reply #33344 on: July 14, 2019, 09:12:37 PM »
I started Dragon Quest Builders 2 today. This time around you have a bestie traveling with you. :heart

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #33345 on: July 14, 2019, 09:57:42 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #33346 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:53 PM »

It doesn't work like that when you play multiplayer though. It's a perfectly valid strategy game at every turn, no matter how predictable its AI is, but it's even better when you're playing other humans.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #33347 on: July 14, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33348 on: July 15, 2019, 06:24:29 PM »
Allright since the only Metroid game I played was Prime and got Metroid Fusion recently, I decided to start playing it and made this new GBA mod to play it on ^_^

What

Bebpo

« Reply #33349 on: July 15, 2019, 09:09:49 PM »
So I saw Dead Rising 4 was added to Xbox PC Game Pass. If I still enjoyed DR3 enough to beat it despite it being kinda bad, will I like DR4 enough for a playthrough?

Blazing Chrome came out this week and after spending the past year checking their twitter for a release date it very much so lived up to my hype.

Pros:
-Art and music are fantastic in motion. Explosions sound and feel chunky, and only experienced slowdown once on the switch version.
-Happy with the game length - doesn’t overstay it’s welcome and can be finished in about an hour, unless you’re not good like me and keep dying repeatedly
-Easy and Normal have infinite continues and checkpoints, which is a fair concession considering the stage segments are on par in difficulty with the older Contra games
-Weapons are all pretty fun to use, though I’m sad the character pairs are just gendered skins and don’t have their own weapon loadouts. The 2 characters you unlock after finishing the game play more like Strider

Cons:
-Switch port is currently missing some effects like character drop shadows which were omitted to be able to hit 60fps, but they’re working on optimizing the game and adding them per their Twitter. Seems like their switch ports have generally had niggles, but I’ve beaten the game twice now and had no serious performance issues.
-Dodge roll does not work with my ingrained reflexes - overall, seems like they programmed the game to use far less buttons than they have access to, like the melee attack mapped to the shoot button. Most of my death involve me rolling off a platform I want to jump down from or jump out of a bullet’s path.
-Bullet appearance compared to Contra is not great, as they tend to blend in with the surroundings

Definitely worth the $17 if you are a fan of run n guns.

Just saw this was free on PC Xbox Game Pass. Will check it out!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33350 on: July 15, 2019, 09:30:25 PM »
Nope. Especially since you have to buy the True Ending DLC lul
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #33351 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
Nope. Especially since you have to buy the True Ending DLC lul

:'(

That's too bad. DR3 was mauled by fans and critics with the crappy driving segments between the split up map, but it was still a pretty fun DR game even if not as good as 1/2. Was hoping DR4 was like that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #33352 on: July 16, 2019, 02:36:24 AM »
Allright since the only Metroid game I played was Prime and got Metroid Fusion recently, I decided to start playing it and made this new GBA mod to play it on ^_^

(Image removed from quote.)

How much modding did it take to get that lovely screen so bright?

Bebpo

« Reply #33353 on: July 16, 2019, 03:09:16 AM »
Boo, Blazing Chrome on the Windows store version is giving me the same issue that MvC Infinite gave me in the windows store version where the d-pad diagonals don't register so you have to play using the analogs. Doing it that way is ok, but I really prefer the precision of a d-pad for 2d games. Got through the 1st stage and really enjoyed it, might need to just buy it on a different store where the controls work :|

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33354 on: July 16, 2019, 05:57:32 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

How much modding did it take to get that lovely screen so bright?

Just soldering one cable to the motherboard! So very easy to do! And if you don't solder that wire, you still get the backlight but it's a lot dimmer.

Also ordered a IPS screen, so cant wait to test that..

The IPS has better viewing angle and contrast I think
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:15:00 AM by MMaRsu »
What

kingv

« Reply #33355 on: July 16, 2019, 11:25:33 AM »
Is blazing chrome any good? Looks like a great contra iii homagenik the trailer.

Bebpo

« Reply #33356 on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:40 PM »
Is blazing chrome any good? Looks like a great contra iii homagenik the trailer.

First level was a pretty good contra game. I liked the boss the fight at the end. Stage was a bit long for Contra was my only complaint. Also giving you unlimited continues but you can just choose to not use them and limit yourself.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33357 on: July 16, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »
I started Dragon Quest Builders 2 today. This time around you have a bestie traveling with you. :heart

I didn't really follow this, especially since I find the main series mindnumbingly boring, but it seems like this game could fill the hole left by Rune Factory. But I also heard about some annoyances like handholding and no quest log, so I should probably wait until its first bomba sale.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:33:19 PM by Spieler1 »

Bebpo

« Reply #33358 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:13 AM »
Ended up beating Blazing Chrome, some parts made me rage so hard like bits of Sekiro. I really enjoyed every boss fight. They all have good patterns and once you get them down you can pretty much no death them, which really helps when you get to them with like 2 lives and die once mid-battle.

The stages are pretty good, but argh some of these parts >__< (motherfucking snow beardog boss in stage 4 fuck that guy), I also didn't care for the space harrier bit which went on too long (especially when you die and have to redo it).
The final boss was pretty solid but the stage bits gave me headaches and killed my lives. Was close but beat it.

It rips off contra a little toooo much, but it's a good Contra clone. I also feel like I lost a good amount of lives when I wanted to punch but it didn't punch or I wanted to shoot but it punched. Might've been better to separate those into 2 buttons. Definitely would've been worth paying for, but even better for free on xbox game pass. Tried playing as the ninja but seemed even tougher because of the range so I'm good. Might mess around with boss rush mode though since I do enjoy the boss fights.

Great sprite art and good music too.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33359 on: July 17, 2019, 10:53:44 AM »
Made it to act 2 in Cold Steel 2. Enjoying this much more than the first game, everything seems to be moving at a faster pace, there's more focus on combat, no lame school sections, decent cinematics.
^_^