Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3603047 times)

Freyj

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34320 on: February 23, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »

TES6 will be insane.

Will it though

If they don’t jettison mod support, after a few years.

Svejk

« Reply #34321 on: February 23, 2020, 01:53:33 PM »
I may be too stubborn and bitter to get TES6 if they don't let Jeremy Soule do the score. 
 :hans1

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #34322 on: February 23, 2020, 02:40:05 PM »
I'm surprised to hear that Skyrim had more dungeon templates than oblivion (and I'm not implying oblivion was good in that regard either). Maybe its luck of the draw, but pretty much all the ones I went in were bandits at the start then draugur everywhere else. Even the story ones felt like that up until the Blackreach/Dwemer one, which did feel very unique/different (that's also about where I dropped out though).

IDK maybe I'm just done with the Bethesda formula.  On the basis of Skyrim, I've got 0 interest in TES6.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Bebpo

« Reply #34323 on: February 23, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
Tried out the World of Horror early access. Did the first story.

Didn't realize it was gonna be a pnp kind of rpg. But combat seems ok! Really like the style and creep factor. Only problem is I'm playing the free version on Xbox Game Pass PC and it stutters in full screen so I'm having to play windowed which sucks for an atmospheric game like this.

bdoughty

« Reply #34324 on: February 23, 2020, 11:10:18 PM »
Playing AO Tennis 2. The game has amazing customization and user created content. All the venues of the major/minor tournaments. Complete male/female roster list that can be imported into the career. Custom logos out the whazo. Early on but the career mode is actually really good this time and user made tournament venues can be automatically downloaded as you progress your career. One of the best player creation setups I have used.  If you stuck the customization of this game with the gameplay of Top Spin 4, I would never have to hear about how great Tennis Elbow is on the PC. 

Sadly the gameplay is still holding the game back. Players can't dive or slide on clay courts. Graphically looks like a last gen game. You have multiple time of day options but does not progress as the match goes on. The swing is hit or miss, far too many times you will swing but the shot is not registered. The aim and quality of the shot is not consistent. I ave played both games and still do not understand how the developer defines a perfectly time shot. Crowds are lifeless and no commentary outside a female umpire.

Still, the potential is there but this is a really small developer.

Bebpo

« Reply #34325 on: February 24, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »
So World of Horror is not really ready for early access. Game crashes and glitches and feels really, really early. Cool concept, but developer might wanna hire a QA person.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34326 on: February 24, 2020, 03:50:18 AM »
tried Valk Chronicles 4 cause free trials

+nice art style
+unique game system that is interesting if you decide to get a feel for its rhythm

-overly anime tropey, the bad ones
-slow
-dumb fucking plot aspects (protagonist's past for example)
-oh god, can you people stop talking so much
-system is unintuitive and frustrating at times, my APC got stuck on something and refused to move no matter how long I tried any direction of movement

overall: niche as fuck, some good, lots of annoying

I sorta want to replay Type-0 instead, now that was a great game

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34327 on: February 24, 2020, 05:52:38 AM »
VC1 has better story. VC4 has better gameplay. Both are classic. Both sold like shit :goldberg

Also, what’s unintuitive about the gameplay? There is little in the way of “systems” or complexity compared to most SRPGs honestly. I agree the tanks can be a bit of pain to maneuver in some of the tighter maps, but nothing game breaking.
Margs

Rman

« Reply #34328 on: February 24, 2020, 10:05:29 AM »
I'm back to playing DMCV. I beat Normal mode last year, but the game opens up with Son of Sparda mode.  Such a great game. It's so amazing that we get high budget gamey games in this day and age still.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34329 on: February 24, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
"why can't you assholes use that wall as cover or climb over that shin-high barrier"
so, unintuitive overlapping with "why" style questions and not "I can't understand the menu"

Bebpo

« Reply #34330 on: February 24, 2020, 10:21:45 PM »
I'm kinda burnt out on playing rdr2 ~70 hours in at ch.6. Since I'm near the end of the story I'm holding off on story missions and trying to finish up the stranger missions all over the map, but there's soooo many and sometimes it takes a few mins to get around. Been finishing out about 2 stranger mission chains a night. Getting there and then will get back to the story. When quests aren't near any fast travel point and only at a certain time of day and the time of day changes before you can get there it's  :'(

Still like the game lots, but getting about ready to want to finish it and move on. Not bothering with most of the legendary animals/fish/challenges/collectibles.

bluemax

« Reply #34331 on: February 25, 2020, 12:42:32 AM »
Felt kinda nostalgic for some PS1 era RPG so I decided to play Xenogears for the first time. Five hours in and my god the battle system so far sucks, specially the mech/gears battles, already getting annoyed everytime a random battle happens. Kind of strange since I normally enjoy turn based systems and I thought a more interactive system like this game's would have been better if anything, maybe it'll get better hopefully. Also the camera is just pure ass, can barely tell where the fuck I'm going, why didn't they just center the view behind the character? It might have made navigating towns a bit harder, but at least in dungeons you'd be able to tell where you are walking.

Bitching aside, the story and atmosphere seem pretty good so far so gonna stick with it.

Xenogears is a visual novel that sometimes makes you fight random encounters and a bad camera.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #34332 on: February 25, 2020, 12:59:11 AM »
RDR2 is...a lot bigger than I thought. I just got the achievement for completing 10 stranger stories. The thing is that I'm only aware of like 3 left to clear + the collectibles ones which is like another 7 or so (I'm still missing one type of collectibles, maybe it's in endgame) bringing it to 20. But I read earlier on there's 32 strangers in the game. So yeah...that's a lot of stories left.

Just like how out of the 6 gangs, I've only really encountered 3 of them so far. I encountered the mexican gang once in the gunslinger mission in the grizzlies but otherwise haven't run into them.

I feel like I've cleared most of the main map outside the blackwater area. But I guess the

spoiler (click to show/hide)
RDR1 map to the southwest is gonna have a lot of stuff
[close]

When I saw that area was in the game by looking at a world map early on to get my bearings at where RDR2 is taking place compared to RDR1's locales,

I sorta assumed the RDR1 map portion would be just an afterthought bonus for RDR1 fans. Like re-use the map and upgrade the visuals and put a little bit of the epilogue there with maybe a few missions.

But given how much is left, I gotta imagine there's gonna be a lot of things to do down there, and that's a lot of map. Guess I still got a ways to go.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #34333 on: February 25, 2020, 02:07:09 AM »
That said, some of these stranger missions have been pretty good. Finished up the Jim Boy Calloway gunslinger one tonight and that was quality. The Edith Downes stuff is character development good as is the Nun stuff in St. Denis. The Veteran one was solid.
Mayor stuff was ok.

But the two 2 guys trying to win over the girl one in Valentine is really bad. The electric chair one was kinda lolz bad though I liked the last journal entry about it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34334 on: February 25, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
©@©™

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #34335 on: February 25, 2020, 12:45:19 PM »
Anyone up to try Wolcen co-op tonight? Is it playable? I liked the little SP I played Sunday night.
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34336 on: February 25, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »
Anyone up to try Wolcen co-op tonight? Is it playable? I liked the little SP I played Sunday night.

Hit me up on Steam, dood, I'll play.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34337 on: February 25, 2020, 07:16:44 PM »

I refunded my copy and then bought World of Horror, which is also buggy.  :brain
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #34338 on: February 25, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »

I refunded my copy and then bought World of Horror, which is also buggy.  :brain

Lol that was the other game I was considering buying.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #34339 on: February 26, 2020, 01:50:19 AM »
RDR2 - When you get up high and can see all the towns/cities/lakes you've been to, pretty nice view.

[close]

Svejk

« Reply #34340 on: February 26, 2020, 08:47:16 AM »
Did some Cloakwood in Baldur's Gate.  Those spiders and their traps are a total PITA.  I finally got into a rhythm of walking my thief a few steps and wait with trap detect.  Made that map a bit of a slog.   Eventually got to the spider cave with that fat thing sitting there...  First try, got slaughtered in less than a minute...  Soiled myself, regrouped and came up with a different strategy.  Defeated it and all it's spiders with only one of my characters dying!   HOWEVER... no one in my party can carry the dead person found in there to complete that quest.    He weighs like 132lbs.  I already have to carry my dead party member's gear, but even if I didn't, my strongest people max out around 130 lbs.  I look up online and people have like 320lbs carrying capacity!  WTFFFFFFUUUUU   :beli

Cryo

« Reply #34341 on: February 26, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
Spent the past 4 weeks playing the Zero escape trilogy on my 3DS, and I really enjoyed all of them. First game was very well crafted, the second two less so. I think had I played each of them as they released and been heavily invested as a result, the ending to Zero Time Dilemma would've hurt as hard as Mass Effect 3's did :hhh admittedly, when you're told about the event that game 3 is based around and that the big bad who orchestrated it is an
esper
[close]
, I fully expected some serious fuckery. Currently playing through AI: The Sominum Files with my housemates as well and I can definitely tell they had as much fun making that game as they did with this series.

Ultimately (and just like mass effect lol), the characters and sci-fi elements were the highlight for me, as well as the puzzles.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34342 on: February 26, 2020, 10:59:38 PM »
Uh so Doom and Doom II (the recent Bethesda re-releases with new achievements and .WADs) are on sale for $2.37NZ this week on the Bone (will be even cheaper in USD). And I had enough rewards points for a $10 gift-card so they were effectively free. I was dabbing so hard I just about broke my arm

Doom is still good of course. Looking forward to checking out the new Romero WAD

Bebpo

« Reply #34343 on: February 26, 2020, 11:50:18 PM »
Spent the past 4 weeks playing the Zero escape trilogy on my 3DS, and I really enjoyed all of them. First game was very well crafted, the second two less so. I think had I played each of them as they released and been heavily invested as a result, the ending to Zero Time Dilemma would've hurt as hard as Mass Effect 3's did :hhh admittedly, when you're told about the event that game 3 is based around and that the big bad who orchestrated it is an
esper
[close]
, I fully expected some serious fuckery. Currently playing through AI: The Sominum Files with my housemates as well and I can definitely tell they had as much fun making that game as they did with this series.

Ultimately (and just like mass effect lol), the characters and sci-fi elements were the highlight for me, as well as the puzzles.

I played 1,2 and a little of ZTD but I never got around to playing it. I should get back to it at some point but it's been so long I don't remember the plot of 999/VLR.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34344 on: February 27, 2020, 02:12:21 AM »
Uh so Doom and Doom II (the recent Bethesda re-releases with new achievements and .WADs) are on sale for $2.37NZ this week on the Bone (will be even cheaper in USD). And I had enough rewards points for a $10 gift-card so they were effectively free. I was dabbing so hard I just about broke my arm

Doom is still good of course. Looking forward to checking out the new Romero WAD

I just LOL'd at work, DOOMFACE.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34345 on: February 27, 2020, 02:34:41 AM »
Ah, ZTD. Some real fuckery I recall.
MIND HACK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34346 on: February 27, 2020, 02:37:16 AM »
COMPLEX MOTIVES

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34347 on: February 27, 2020, 03:31:16 AM »
If you're gonna play DOOM at least try BRUTAL DOOM

What

Cryo

« Reply #34348 on: February 27, 2020, 04:10:00 AM »
MIND HACK
I would say my biggest problem with the writing in ZTD was
everyone suddenly having the same power to shift timelines, despite the second game existing specifically to train 2 people to be able to do so as well as having established junpei and akane’s powers as being a receiver and sender, respectively, in 999.
[close]

Cryo

« Reply #34349 on: February 27, 2020, 04:11:36 AM »
esper
[close]

I played 1,2 and a little of ZTD but I never got around to playing it. I should get back to it at some point but it's been so long I don't remember the plot of 999/VLR.
The steam version of 1 is great, especially since it contains a follow chart rather than needing to constantly start from the beginning to see all the endings.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #34350 on: February 27, 2020, 08:04:58 AM »
MIND HACK
everyone suddenly having the same power to shift timelines, despite the second game existing specifically to train 2 people to be able to do so as well as having established junpei and akane’s powers as being a receiver and sender, respectively, in 999.
[close]

Not the other character just being off-screen the entire game?
[close]

At least this game made me laugh the hardest of all 3.

Svejk

« Reply #34351 on: February 27, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »
Got injustice 2 at the library. Hadn't played it since around the time it came out. Lol at these level 30 opponents that just instantly hit you with 15 hit combos that take up 45% of your health. The MK cheap boss lives.
.... you can get games from a library??

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34352 on: February 27, 2020, 09:36:33 AM »
It's rare but some libraries do have games for rent/checkout

None of them near me do
fat

Svejk

« Reply #34353 on: February 27, 2020, 09:42:06 AM »

None of them near me do
:thinking  I had no idea... may have to check the few near me then...

BisMarckie

« Reply #34354 on: February 27, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
Got injustice 2 at the library. Hadn't played it since around the time it came out. Lol at these level 30 opponents that just instantly hit you with 15 hit combos that take up 45% of your health. The MK cheap boss lives.
.... you can get games from a library??

Yeah I wanted to try Nier Automata and Persona 5. My library had them, but they were never available.
I live in a town full of weebs. :existential

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34355 on: February 27, 2020, 11:56:21 AM »
I havent been in a librarybin maybe 20 years lol
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34356 on: February 27, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
Reinstalled AC Odyssey, did 1 (ONE) fight with a guy 1 (ONE, UNO) level above me.
Immediately uninstalled.
An hour and a half to chip away his infinite health bar, and when he gets to 20% health, he drinks a potion and regenerates most of it, with an animation i couldn't even interrupt (not with any reasonably fast attack).

To whoever designed and balanced fights in this game: Get immediate, professional, psychiatric help.

AC Origins was incredibly fun, so i dunno WTF they drank in between.
NOTE: This is the same reason i uninstalled it last time, so i'm the one who'd need mental help.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #34357 on: February 27, 2020, 03:38:56 PM »
That sounds terrible. In Origins an enemy a couple levels over still died in 10 secs. Just wouldn’t instant die from assassination

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34358 on: February 27, 2020, 03:42:10 PM »
MIND HACK
[close]

Not the other character just being off-screen the entire game?
[close]
[close]

At least this game made me laugh the hardest of all 3.

Continuing on from the second game where

you were an old fart on the moon and never noticed
[close]

:lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34359 on: February 27, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »
That sounds terrible. In Origins an enemy a couple levels over still died in 10 secs. Just wouldn’t instant die from assassination
Yeah they went full mental with the RPG leveling.
I already thought it was overbearing in Origins, but in this one is even worse.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #34360 on: February 27, 2020, 06:41:33 PM »
Played and finished the first season Batman telltale game.

It was pretty good. I was surprised. I generally like the telltale stuff quite a bit but the Batman one never interested me because I figured they wouldn't be allowed to do anything interesting with the property. But it does a good job of playing with your expectations and subverting them. It plays like an interesting alternate universe vision of the property. With a few tweaks it could have been really great but it settles nicely into being a solid showing.

Apparently season 2 is free via xbox live next month so that is nice.

Bebpo

« Reply #34361 on: February 27, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »
Yeah they went full mental with the RPG leveling.
I already thought it was overbearing in Origins, but in this one is even worse.

Yeah fuck this, Odyssey is the second AC I'm gonna skip (never got around to playing Rogue). Don't need to play them all.

TVC15

« Reply #34362 on: February 27, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »
I played Wolcen to the first boss, an hour or so in. The game’s an absolute cakewalk, but they cranked the difficulty for the boss. He wasn’t tough, but it was one of those cases where the game was trivially easy and then the boss required actual tactics. I assume this is like Diablo and I have to play through shitty normal before I unlock the real difficulty levels, but it’s kind of a drag. Maybe the difficulty is better when more people join. The game is pretty though.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #34363 on: February 28, 2020, 01:31:53 AM »
I played Wolcen to the first boss, an hour or so in. The game’s an absolute cakewalk, but they cranked the difficulty for the boss. He wasn’t tough, but it was one of those cases where the game was trivially easy and then the boss required actual tactics. I assume this is like Diablo and I have to play through shitty normal before I unlock the real difficulty levels, but it’s kind of a drag. Maybe the difficulty is better when more people join. The game is pretty though.

I've read the act bosses are insane in this game. Like difficulty jumps over a fucking wall. Seems like it needs some balancing still.

Chooky

« Reply #34364 on: February 29, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »
since its 10-year anniversary is coming up i figured i might as well dust off this copy of Metroid Other M and finally give it a shot, and well....this game sure does deserve its reputation. it isn't the worst thing ever made, but it fucks up just about everything it tries to do, and isn't even a very good metroid to to boot.

for starters, if they were gonna make a story-centric game then why in the fuck did they not hire an actual writer. this is late nite Sci-Fi channel bullshit at best, and all the criticism about Samus appearing weak and pitiful completely deserved. and who thought it was a good idea to make mother brain into a waifu? just a terrible story start to finish.

turning the game into an ez mode character action game is honestly the best thing in this game, as combat can be decently fun and the boss fights are by far the best thing in the game. however, the way the game forces you to point the controller at the screen to do basic stuff like shoot a missile is fucking trash and never stops being annoying. i'm fucking left-handed, aiming with my right hand is a pita.

beyond that, the level design is mostly boring and frustrating. too often you have to slow down and search for some tiny detail hidden in a smudgy SD mess in order to progress. and those times where you have to stop and pixel hunt in first person mode before being allowed to continue were the worst bits in the game by far. i ended up having to go to the internet for a few of those.

all in all the game seems to have taken the worst bits of Metroid Fusion - an overbearing and dull story mixed with constant dead ends that require aimless searching - and it drags down the whole game. it's a shame because the game coulda been great with some more intense action and a decent story, but instead we ended up with this frustrating and forgettable doodoo.

also nintendo fucking sucks for not releasing metroid soundtracks

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #34365 on: March 01, 2020, 01:41:38 AM »
Yeah Other M is a bad game, I'm not a fan of the Prime sequels either, and the 2 remake was kinda ruined by forcing the dumb melee attack everywhere.
Hi

Chooky

« Reply #34366 on: March 01, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »
see i enjoyed all those games despite their flaws. to me they still ultimately had enough "metroid" in them - exploration, puzzles, and cool items. the best part of other m is the middle where there's barely any story and some ok maps, but even then it still isn't as good as what's in the rest of the series.

anyways i'm gonna be on the lookout for a cheap copy of federation force because i don't make good use of my time. prime 4 can't come soon enough.

Cryo

« Reply #34367 on: March 01, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
since its 10-year anniversary is coming up i figured i might as well dust off this copy of Metroid Other M and finally give it a shot, and well....this game sure does deserve its reputation. it isn't the worst thing ever made, but it fucks up just about everything it tries to do, and isn't even a very good metroid to to boot.

for starters, if they were gonna make a story-centric game then why in the fuck did they not hire an actual writer. this is late nite Sci-Fi channel bullshit at best, and all the criticism about Samus appearing weak and pitiful completely deserved. and who thought it was a good idea to make mother brain into a waifu? just a terrible story start to finish.

turning the game into an ez mode character action game is honestly the best thing in this game, as combat can be decently fun and the boss fights are by far the best thing in the game. however, the way the game forces you to point the controller at the screen to do basic stuff like shoot a missile is fucking trash and never stops being annoying. i'm fucking left-handed, aiming with my right hand is a pita.

beyond that, the level design is mostly boring and frustrating. too often you have to slow down and search for some tiny detail hidden in a smudgy SD mess in order to progress. and those times where you have to stop and pixel hunt in first person mode before being allowed to continue were the worst bits in the game by far. i ended up having to go to the internet for a few of those.

all in all the game seems to have taken the worst bits of Metroid Fusion - an overbearing and dull story mixed with constant dead ends that require aimless searching - and it drags down the whole game. it's a shame because the game coulda been great with some more intense action and a decent story, but instead we ended up with this frustrating and forgettable doodoo.

also nintendo fucking sucks for not releasing metroid soundtracks
would recommend the NES hack Metroid: Rogue Dawn if you haven’t played it, really high production values and a pretty cool take on a prequel.

Bebpo

« Reply #34368 on: March 02, 2020, 02:10:35 AM »
RDR2 - still ch.6 around 80 hours. All the side stuff on the map has been gone for a few sessions and just doing all the main missions (there's lots). I think I'm getting close to the end set of this chapter.

The more I play, the more I feel like the game is pretty much an interactive multiple season TV show. Like there's gameplay, but there's sorta not much gameplay and it's really just going along for the ride with shooting sections every mission usually. I'm ok with it because the story/characters/mission stories are good, but yeah, not really a gameplay game. Also the shooting stops being fun when I run out of dead eye.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34369 on: March 02, 2020, 03:56:38 AM »

None of them near me do
:thinking  I had no idea... may have to check the few near me then...

It's likely case-by-case, but the one I visit when returning to California has videogames, DVD/BR, CDs, comic books... I would spend a couple days there a week if I lived nearby.
Japanese libraries are really uninspired and dead feeling.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #34370 on: March 02, 2020, 04:43:34 AM »
Like there's gameplay, but there's sorta not much gameplay and it's really just going along for the ride with shooting sections every mission usually.

So basically a modern R* game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34371 on: March 02, 2020, 08:23:24 AM »
Playing in first person without dead eye is much more fun indeed
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #34372 on: March 02, 2020, 10:36:19 AM »
Kicked out of the Nioh 2 beta after getting the hang of the boss 30 minutes in  :doge

I liked it more than the previous beta, but I'm not sure I'm in the mood for this right now. Too hardcore. Might wait for price drops.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34373 on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:08 PM »
Tried 20 minutes (if that) of the Nioh 2 beta.
Yeah i hate the game like the first one.  :doge

Cool character creation tho.

Bebpo

« Reply #34374 on: March 02, 2020, 12:44:50 PM »
Playing in first person without dead eye is much more fun indeed

I'll have to try this.

The problem without dead eye is that there are a ton of guys and they're all really far away from you usually so they're just little pixel dots and it's pretty hard to see well enough to aim. Dead eye, especially with the red critical highlights makes it easy to just sweep around and shoot everyone in the head.

Only time I like shooting in the game without dead eye is using the sniper rifles.

Generally though I think the shooting sections are the worst parts of most missions. Mostly because they just go on too long and it hurts the believableness of the story mission when 40-50 guys come out wave after wave in a lot of these fights.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #34375 on: March 02, 2020, 07:35:33 PM »
It's sad, because for as good as the design of the world was, they could never figure out how to make missions more intense other than sending 80 people at you. It didn't bother me too bad at first but you really feel it by the end of the game.

Red Dead 2 with half as many but deadlier enemies would be a dream game.  :)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #34376 on: March 03, 2020, 10:06:13 AM »
Control is done. I have mixed feelings. outside of throwing objects it feels like a second rate third person shooter that is lucky that it has it's mysterious vibe and incredible aesthetic. I can see why it was important, not sure it deserved all the awards it got. If it was just on the gameplay it's not very compelling at all.  And the story is a bit laughable at times instead of creepy.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #34377 on: March 03, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
So are there side stories for characters if your honor is really low?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34378 on: March 03, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
Not sure but ypu're going the low honor route then?

The dialogue against others is pretty damn funny if you insult everybody though haha.

The amount of dialogue is also staggering
What

Bebpo

« Reply #34379 on: March 03, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »
Nah, I maxed my honor bar a while ago so I did all these high honor side story missions.