Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3592220 times)

FatalT

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #420 on: July 06, 2009, 12:16:13 AM »
Aion
Ghostbusters

Do you like aion?

It's pretty cool so far. I'm level 8 so I haven't gotten my wings yet and the weekend beta ends tomorrow at 2 pm. Darn. The next one better start up soon!

drew

• sy
« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »
SAINTS ROW 2 BITCHESZ

cool breeze

« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2009, 12:53:42 AM »
Shadowgrounds.  It's alright.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2009, 02:26:22 AM »
I just ordered two Japan-only DS games: Soma Bringer and Sigma Harmonics.  They should be arriving next week ...
QED

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2009, 03:44:50 AM »
Drew, if you're playing SR2 on 360 hit me up for some co-op missions. Each of the gangs has an additional Achievements for completing their story missions in co-op, and there's a 100 pt. Achievement for completing ALL story missions in co-op. Scenester, Sho Nuff and I are all working toward it.

Finally finished the HULK. I accidentally finished the main (General Ross and Talbot) story on Saturday, and briefly thought I'd cheated myself out of the 150+ GS for finishing off the Enclave. In the end, since I can't get the IRON MAN Save Data-related Achievement, I'm not going to bother with the collectibles and gold medal scores on all the minigames.

I'm at 805 GS for the game, and that's all I'll ever bag unless I find IRON MAN for less than 10 bucks during a stateside trip later down the line. Ironically, I actually got the "Shell Head" Achievement by beating a Stark Industries Hulkbuster Armor troop while at maximum Threat Level, but still need the damned Save Data to unlock "Patron of the Arts" Achievement, which itself also controls the "Unlocked All Upgrades" Achievement. Jerks.

The game's by no means a 5 or 6 out-of-10 as a lot of places gave it. It's a low 7 that could have been an 8 with some serious tuning time added, and removal of a couple of bad design decisions negated. Finishing it has popped me past 20K gamerscore, so I'm having a hard time complaining too much about it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2009, 04:44:19 AM »
I would really like to play Saint's Row 2 co-op one day.  Never tried it!
ど助平

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2009, 05:33:23 AM »
Its awesome! Hit me up this weekend, Lyte if youd like to do a stage or two? We can also play some Garou... Ive ordered a SF4 pad so hopefully Play Asia delivers the goods soon! (Amazon wont ship it overseas grrrr)

Im sick.... AGAIN  :-\ So Ive been chilling out and playing some rpgs, making progress in Phantasy Star 2, but really need to print out a copy of the maps that came with the cart originally. These dungeons are complex!

Also picking away at Persona 3. According to Mitsuru im '4 shadows to go' so not sure if thats the end or whatever. around 30 hours in and its summer vacation. I dig the game but its getting a bit old. Im looking forward to finishing it so I can start on Persona 4

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:31 AM »
I would really like to play Saint's Row 2 co-op one day.  Never tried it!

Hit me up, spanky.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
http://us.runesofmagic.com/

Kinda addicted to it.
CBG

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2009, 11:00:40 PM »
The fuck is up with Contra Rebirth being 4:3 only? So lame.
Hi

FatalT

« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2009, 11:57:31 PM »

Kinda addicted to it.

Mana what server are you playing on? I checked it out from recommendations by Goons and you. I'm playing on the only PvP server and I'm a level 6 warrior so far. This game isn't bad for a free WoW clone!

FatalT

« Reply #432 on: July 09, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »
God damn goons got me playing it too. Whats yo IGN?

Fatalt

I'm totally original.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #433 on: July 09, 2009, 12:31:53 AM »

Kinda addicted to it.

Mana what server are you playing on? I checked it out from recommendations by Goons and you. I'm playing on the only PvP server and I'm a level 6 warrior so far. This game isn't bad for a free WoW clone!

On Osha, the PVE server. Got a level 10 Mage/3 Priest so far.

And the game is AWESOME for a Free MMO. I LOVE the skill system. It's level based leveling, but having a skill based advancement instead of talents. Kinda like combining UO and WoW style leveling.
CBG

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #434 on: July 09, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »
Going back to Sacred 2 after getting frustrated with Fight Night 4. I can outbox any of the AI bastards until the 8th or 9th round, when they always manage to get a second wind and KO me with a counter. I've gotten up to 14th rank on pro, but I fear my messing up of the training mini-games early on has insured an early retirement for my boxer. I'll probably gun for a belt and call it quits.
fek

FatalT

« Reply #435 on: July 09, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »

Kinda addicted to it.

On Osha, the PVE server. Got a level 10 Mage/3 Priest so far.

And the game is AWESOME for a Free MMO. I LOVE the skill system. It's level based leveling, but having a skill based advancement instead of talents. Kinda like combining UO and WoW style leveling.

Aw man. You should be playing on the PvP server. :(

I just hit level 10 as a warrior and I'm trying to decide on what subclass I want.

cool breeze

« Reply #436 on: July 09, 2009, 12:56:21 AM »
has anyone played Brothers in Arms Hells Highway, preferably the PC version?  it's only $20 at gamestop now and I enjoyed the original Xbox games years ago.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2009, 01:12:19 AM »

Ratchet and Clank: Size matters and FF tactics for psp

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #438 on: July 09, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »
yeah, the single player bia:hh is a really decent game

the multi is trash, don't even bother
sup

Mrbob

« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »
Getting back into Fallout 3 with Point Lookout now available.  Still didn't finish Broken Steel or The Pitt.

Wanted to play BF1943 but can't log on.  Onto Level 37 in N+ and the game is starting to be a real bitch.

Still playing MLB the Show and Infamous on PS3.  Hopefully Trine is out on PSN tomorrow.

Playing Sam and Max Season 1 on the PC right now. 

FatalT

« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »
Gah I chose rogue as my subclass in Runes of Magic and I've heard it's a horrible combination. You can't reroll so I'm starting over to be a Warrior/Priest as HerbietheHerpe.

ManaByte

« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2009, 03:04:14 AM »
Well the first 10 levels go fast. I did 1-10 in about 2 hours today.
CBG

FatalT

« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:51 AM »

True. I think I'm just going to wait 24 hours so Fatalt is fully deleted. I want that name. :P

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:45 AM »
Onto Level 37 in N+ and the game is starting to be a real bitch.

Oh, hey -- don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but N+ is half off this week for Gold members on XBL. I finally caved and bought it yesterday.

ManaByte

« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2009, 03:58:09 AM »

True. I think I'm just going to wait 24 hours so Fatalt is fully deleted. I want that name. :P

I may try out pvp tomorrow since I just read up on it and I love the reputation system.

I love hoe reviews bash it for being a wow clone while ignoring things like the skill system and how content isn't locked behind microtransactions. IGN bashed RoM but praised FreeRealms. In FR you have classes, quests, and minigames that are locked away unless you pay. Runes is completely free. All of the paid stuff is really cosmetic. 
CBG

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2009, 04:22:22 AM »
Just been boosting older games and finishing them up...

* E4 - done
* Orange Box - probably start tomorrow
* Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - got a nice group of people today and got all the crappy ones out of the way, just need to kill KILL KILL now

I should have Overlord 2 in the mail tomorrow so that will probably be my game
fat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2009, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm trying to fit in 2 fights a night in FNR4. I'm finding some of the same stuff upsetting that Muckhole mentioned earlier, but I'll fight on through legacy mode.
I just picked up Mirrors Edge(360) for $18. I'll probably pop that in this weekend.
Playing a lot of MLB:The Show too. My AAA team just advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs last night. :rock
Still playing Civ4 when I can't use the TV.
©ZH

cool breeze

« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
yeah, the single player bia:hh is a really decent game

the multi is trash, don't even bother

I tried the 360 demo and it was pretty fun.  Only thing I don't like too much is that they seem to have CoD sections where it's about shooting, but the straight up shooting gameplay isn't too great.  No big deal.  I'm more worried that there isn't a PC demo and I want to get the PC version.

cool breeze

« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »
:bow Civ 4 :bow2

:piss missing steam deal :piss2

:piss asshole Japanese who can't deal with my awesome peaceful, progressive Jewish Persian Empire :piss2

making the mistake of trading gunpowder to Japanese for peace, building an army of musket men, then realizing I gave them my key offensive strategy...rightfully grenaded up the ass when I tried to take down one of my cities

:piss greedy Indians who wouldn't help me fight off the Japanese even after offering tons of gold :piss2

Those assholes even made my jews become buddist lest we had two nations attacking

Rebuilding a new military nation tomorrow and doing the same to others :rock

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »
Burnout Paradise (360 this time). This game is so much better than Revenge, haters are lamers.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2009, 07:00:55 AM »
Persona 3 mainly... also playing some Skate 2. Man I want some new games but I decided to try and finish up a few games first. Probably a good thing

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #451 on: July 11, 2009, 07:19:11 AM »
* 1000'd Orange Box after 2 years (boosted TF2, ridiculously easy, avoids having to play that garbage fest)
* 1000'd VP Party Animals, would like to 1000 original VP
* Broke 50 mil on Raiden Fighters - feel good about that, 100 mil might be a bit of a stretch, at least i am 900+ on it
* Finished Strong Bad Episode 3 on Wii for some reason
* Playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 online, just need to kill people and reach Elite, got all the annoying achievements out of the way from boosting, can definitely see myself 1000 this game down the road now
* Dorked on Dragon Quest 2 SNES on Wii emulator
* Overlord 2 -should- be here today (sat.) so... that

all in all a pretty hefty meal
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2009, 07:21:45 AM »
um... its japanese borys.
fat

Tucah

« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2009, 02:45:40 PM »
Still Devil Survivor, slowly. Just started Day 4, Beldr battle was a bitch.
Also a bit of Team Fortress 2 and a bit of Blazblue.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #454 on: July 11, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »
Playing some Gears of War on the PC, and then Imma gonna play Gears of War 2 on the 360.
©@©™

Beezy

« Reply #455 on: July 11, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
I finally decided to finish Assassin's Creed. I'm on memory block 4. Didn't know about the achievements when I first started playing in over a year ago, so I won't be getting 1000.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #456 on: July 11, 2009, 04:02:06 PM »
I finally decided to finish Assassin's Creed. I'm on memory block 4. Didn't know about the achievements when I first started playing in over a year ago, so I won't be getting 1000.

You can replay individual blocks for achievements that you missed.
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #457 on: July 11, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »
BF1943

i am terrible at this game, moreso than usual for an fps
sup

Beezy

« Reply #458 on: July 11, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »

Cool, I didn't know that.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: July 11, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

Cool, I didn't know that.

You can pick up ~850 points in Assassin's Creed pretty easily. The flags are a bitch, though.
©@©™

Beezy

« Reply #460 on: July 11, 2009, 05:09:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm not even gonna attempt to find all of the flags. 100 in each city is fucking ridiculous.

archie4208

« Reply #461 on: July 11, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
Day of the Tentacle - I suck at adventure games and feel guilty when I consult a walkthrough. :(
Rock Band 2 - Best game ever.  Guitar Hero raped. :rock

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #462 on: July 11, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
Persona 3 fes, Dragon Quest IX, and the shitty-but-hilarious FF The After Years this weekend.
After Years is a good time if yr gay for FFIV.  :-*
Hi

Enl

« Reply #463 on: July 11, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »
Day of the Tentacle - I suck at adventure games and feel guilty when I consult a walkthrough. :(

These days I usually give myself a time limit of a couple of hours before I give in. That's after doing every conceivable clicking, combining and observing I could think of. Usually the solutions end up being a weird glitch I wasn't aware of (screens not panning when they should in Sam & Max), or incredibly obscure (putting skin on a manhole), or painfully obvious (trying to find a sparkplug in Fate of Atlantis).
mmm

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
Shit, I want Dragon Quest IX ;_; . I read that its a pretty large game
:9

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #465 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »
Finished size matters and holy crap that game was short. At least it can be played over to get more stuff

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2009, 11:19:22 PM »
www.websudoku.com
internet checkers

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
* Playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 online, just need to kill people and reach Elite, got all the annoying achievements out of the way from boosting, can definitely see myself 1000 this game down the road now
Elite is pretty easy.  Just keep playing team leader games on Villa or do the xp glitch.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #468 on: July 12, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »
3 wins away from A license in Burnout Paradise. Was this supposed to be different from the PS3 version? Everything looks and feels the same to me. Fucking awesome best game, anyway.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #469 on: July 12, 2009, 03:57:34 AM »
I want my copy of Burnout Paradise back from my cousin ;_; . Love the game.
:9

Rman

« Reply #470 on: July 12, 2009, 04:35:31 AM »
3 wins away from A license in Burnout Paradise. Was this supposed to be different from the PS3 version? Everything looks and feels the same to me. Fucking awesome best game, anyway.
That quick?  I bought the game on PSN, seems like it would take foreover to get everything.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2009, 05:31:32 AM »
Dissidia is PSP you LIAR
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
Burnout shouldn't look different from 360 version, since PS3 was their lead SKU. I think I like Burnout 3 the best, but Paradise is crazy cool. I'm going to go back to it now that they've put in the restart feature.

I'm playing N+ after getting it for half off this week. This game gives me crazy nostalgia for my Apple ][ years of gaming, even though the resolution and physics are, uh, a little ahead of what I had then. N+ is bitch-ass hard for my aged reflexes though. I'm on Episode 3, Level 0, and canNOT time the jumps needed to follow their path. Man, this is hard.

Played some more UFC, still happy to play and lose if they other guy is not a superman-punch spamming, high-speed elbows from clinch distance bastard. Most people play well, no DNFs this weekend, and even got one guy who called me some nasty names in a post-fight message to player-match rematch me, and he ended up politely thanking me for telling him how to improve his ground game.

Played the FUEL demo, and was bored before finishing my first race. It's pretty, and big, too bad they forgot to include gameplay.

Just about to hit some Red Faction or Saints Row 2 before calling it a night; my Monday starts sooner than your guys'.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »
Trying to finish Tales of Vesperia
And playing some The Last Guy on PSN. The game can get so frustrating, but the game is quite fun.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
I dabbled in PGR4 but didn't really do much besides spam easy achievements.

The last 2-3 weeks I've really just played Bad Company. I'm 3 levels away from maxing out my online rank, got most of the other multiplayer achievements legitimately. I'm halfway through my hard mode/collectables run. One of the few games I'll get over 900 on.

That quick?  I bought the game on PSN, seems like it would take foreover to get everything.

The A license is the third to last license.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
Was playing the Wii Punch Out and DKC2 on VC at my friend's house... never played DKC2 before, I like it a lot better than the first so far.

Today after I clean the pool I will be either on the bowl shitting my brains out (ate too much greasy food at Chili's last night  :-\), or playing more Majora's Mask - up to the water temple and the game is definitely warming up on me.
^_^

Powerslave

« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »

NFS >>> Gran Turismo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »
Some SF4 and Battlefield 193 last night has been it for this weekend, since family has come in from out of town.  My little cousin is all into video games, but for some reason doesn't want to play anything and instead sits around looking bored with his DS.  Can't figure it out.   ???
ど助平

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
Tried out Home again this morning and it went a little something like this -

[youtube=560,345]nG_gQMvxxNk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]
Tacos

cool breeze

« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »
I played San Andreas for the first time in years (before GTA4) and the game is so awesome.  I was starting cut GTA4 some slack after Lost and the Damned, which was great, but playing San Andreas again reminds me why I was so disappointed.