Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558856 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #33600 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »
My 9th Souls platinum:

- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Nioh
- Remant: From The Ashes
- The Surge

Time to continue Batman: Arkham Asylum on the magnificent Epic Games Store :bow

:piss MMaRsu :piss2

Borys pls, Batman is a metroidvania not a Souls game.  :wag
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33601 on: October 06, 2019, 11:17:43 AM »
Been playing some of that Gears of War: Ultimate.

Was thinking to myself: "Wait, did the original also play this crappy? Were the enemies always this bullet-spongy?"
So I installed the original since it's on the gamepass as well.
Still a fantastic game.
HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A GAME THATS ALREADY BEEN MADE!?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33602 on: October 06, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
Platinumed The Surge in NG++. As I was playing blind through NG0 I made one, tiny, wrong decision (did not understand the consequences) thus not earning a trophy --> had to replay 75% of the game in NG++ just to get back to that point :(

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

My 9th Souls platinum:

- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Nioh
- Remant: From The Ashes
- The Surge

Time to continue Batman: Arkham Asylum on the magnificent Epic Games Store :bow

:piss MMaRsu :piss2

Dafuq?

I'm so happy for you you get to enjoy one of the finest games, on the worst platforms of all time, about 10 years later than everybody else. I hope your cloud saves just don't dissapear out of nowhere. Or does it even have cloud saves?  :lol

Not sure why you are so happy supporting a store that is trying it's hardest to fragment the PC platform and get people away from Steam, while offering zero incentives for consumers to actually use their platform. Aside from giving away games that are ages old and I'd rather buy than get for free from their fortnite money.

I'd rather have bought a fucking free copy for you of these Batman games, worth probably not more than 10 euro's all three together, than you supposedly being happy to use this garbage ass store.

Cmon Borys. Stop talking BS because the pedo in the van is giving out free candies. I also hope your account doesn't get compromized because their security is as leaky as a sieve.

I'm glad you're enjoying Batman but to act like EGS is the best shit ever because they gave away some old ass games is just stupid af.

What

kingv

« Reply #33603 on: October 06, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
Agree with mmarsu that Steam is bad for the industry.

If you love vidya please only use gamer-friendly stores like Epic, Microsoft, or kinguin.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33604 on: October 06, 2019, 01:46:29 PM »
:lol

I posted bait and you not only took it but choked on it. Come on man did Tim Sweeney fuck your wife or something? I have no problem with Steam nor with EGS; while you act like an anti-EGS crusader 7 fucking months after the store launched.

Here's a tip: EGS is here to stay. Better get used to it, mang!

Hard to know when someone is serious these days.

The only reason EGS is here to stay is because of Fortnite and them throwing so much money to counter Steam, that's honestly the ONLY thing that's working for them. That is how desperate they are.

It offers zero benefits to the consumer (besides some old free games they throw out to gain more users). It holds games ransom as to say hey do you like that game why don't you come in here and play it you won't find it anywhere else ( because we bought out the competition )!

That kind of shitty mentality of "competition" is something I will have zero part of.

Tim Sweeney hasn't fucked my wife, but I can't take his dumb lying hypocritical ass seriously and will have nothing to do with his garbage ass platform.
First calling out MS for their store not being "open" enough, calling PC players mostly pirates during the console hayday with Gears, constantly lying about Steam being the monopoly of the PC market and Epic Games being the savior of the indie market? Give me a fucking break.

If he'd just come out and say hey listen we want to build headway into the PC store market, we want to take a part of Steams proverbial pie I'd have more respect for him than this lying bullshit he comes out with. But nah, he comes out with garbage instead, lies and hypocracy.

Fuck that guy and fuck his shitty store.

But still love ya Borys, you're a badass. I respect your crazy ways.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33605 on: October 06, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
Been playing some of that Gears of War: Ultimate.

Was thinking to myself: "Wait, did the original also play this crappy? Were the enemies always this bullet-spongy?"
So I installed the original since it's on the gamepass as well.
Still a fantastic game.
HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A GAME THATS ALREADY BEEN MADE!?

Because Microsoft Studios can't produce a fun pong remake even if their lives depended on it  :lol

They simply don't understand what made Gears of War interesting and popular.
Which is why they lighten it up and put Fisher Price robots in Gears 4 and 5.
To the point that Marcus Phoenix has a conversation about the fertility of his dead wife with the female President in Gears 5.

On that backdrop it's easy to see how they would fuck-up a single remake.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:13:46 PM by Nintex »
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #33606 on: October 06, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
Felt like trying a round of Shadow Dancer today and ended up playing like 5 until I beat it :fbm I think this was the first time I finished the final stage, those last two rooms are such a bitch. Only beat it on level 1 though - but since that one's default, I view it as normal diffuclty  :doge It's hard to go back to RoS after Shinobi 3, but SD has the benefit of having a different gameplay loop you can't get out of 3.

Freyj

« Reply #33607 on: October 06, 2019, 07:05:44 PM »
In more The Surge news I’ve been playing 2 and enjoying it a lot despite not having ever played The Surge 1. Where Code Vein’s levels looked like your typical modern JRPG linear snorefest The Surge 2’s are multi layered and interconnected in ways that only the best Souls levels are. Only a few hours in and the story is nonsense and supposedly much worse than 1 but don’t cur good gaem.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33608 on: October 06, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
Felt like trying a round of Shadow Dancer today and ended up playing like 5 until I beat it :fbm I think this was the first time I finished the final stage, those last two rooms are such a bitch. Only beat it on level 1 though - but since that one's default, I view it as normal diffuclty  :doge It's hard to go back to RoS after Shinobi 3, but SD has the benefit of having a different gameplay loop you can't get out of 3.

Couldn't stop playing this shit :goty2 Now finished on mid-difficulty. The last rooms and final boss are still the pace killer though, fuck them. Thank god the higher difficulty gives you more retries.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #33609 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »
DQ Builders 2 I went back to try and wrap up the main story and good lord the 3rd main island is such a fkn slog. I am right before the last island I guess, but no idea how long I have left. Honestly there were bits to Moonbrooke I liked, it could have been trimmed by 1/3 or more though. May be a while before I pick it up again.

Was worried it would kill my desire to play DQXI, but jumped on that for a bit and it seems fine although looks a bit less impressive/muddier than I remember from the initial few hours of the demo.

bluemax

« Reply #33610 on: October 07, 2019, 03:08:39 AM »
DQ Builders 2 I went back to try and wrap up the main story and good lord the 3rd main island is such a fkn slog. I am right before the last island I guess, but no idea how long I have left. Honestly there were bits to Moonbrooke I liked, it could have been trimmed by 1/3 or more though. May be a while before I pick it up again.

Was worried it would kill my desire to play DQXI, but jumped on that for a bit and it seems fine although looks a bit less impressive/muddier than I remember from the initial few hours of the demo.

The final island is a LOT shorter than Moonbroke. It's pretty linear and has almost no exploration to it. I agree that Moonbrooke turns into a slog, and some of the post Moonbroke IoA stuff is as well.

I stopped last night on the final form of the final boss, mostly because I was too tired. Will finish soon.
NO

paprikastaude

« Reply #33611 on: October 08, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Started Megadrive Mini with Streets of Rage 2 (and Tetris, I guess). Looks so good in this port :lawd

Ghouls 'n Ghosts - seems pretty humane :leon

Contra Hard Corps -   Time for the Japanese version, I guess.

Strider - I'm really into this despite the 80s jank, much more than when I last tried it.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #33612 on: October 08, 2019, 04:19:17 PM »
Started Megadrive Mini with Streets of Rage 2 (and Tetris, I guess). Looks so good in this port :lawd

Ghouls 'n Ghosts - seems pretty humane :leon

Contra Hard Corps - (Image removed from quote.)  Time for the Japanese version, I guess.

Strider - I'm really into this despite the 80s jank, much more than when I last tried it.

Ghouls N Ghosts isn't too bad - until you have to go through the whole fucking game again to get to Loki.  It was a really incredible boss to get to though back in the day.  The graphics were beyond mind blowing.

Contra Hard Corps - there is a ROM hack that lets you play the English translation with the Japanese life bar/difficulty - best way to do it IMO...

Strider - it's bad ass.  One of my favorites ever.  I love when I play it now and get to the Amazon level, my kid just goes nuts because he loves dinosaurs.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33613 on: October 08, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
Ghouls N Ghosts isn't too bad - until you have to go through the whole fucking game again to get to Loki.  It was a really incredible boss to get to though back in the day.  The graphics were beyond mind blowing.

At least I can see myself doing a double playthrough down the line for this version, unlike the SNES game, which is almost too crazy on the first run already.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:22:04 PM by Spieler1 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33614 on: October 08, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Just wanted to pop-in and see how it runs. Ended up playing for hours. :doge Runs great, feels right, looks pretty. All around what you would expect from a remake. Thanks again for the key, Rumbler. :3

Took a bunch of awful screenshots I ended up deleting, save for this one... >:(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33615 on: October 08, 2019, 08:20:38 PM »
I'm glad the Spyro remake let's you use the original soundtrack:

:aah
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33616 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:38 PM »
Fuck it all Arkham Knight DLC was $10 :yeshrug

That's how they get you. First hit's free, kid.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #33617 on: October 09, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »

You only overpaid by a little.... it’s really bad.

The bat girl mission is ok, but it’s really short and feels sort of low effort in terms of level and puzzle design.

Everything else is worth literally $0.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33618 on: October 09, 2019, 05:15:07 PM »
damn, why does Wily Wars have the same choppy movement of Megaman PSP later on, in which Megaman halts after the first step before fully running? I don't get the point of this, even though it's less blatant in WW.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:41:29 PM by Spieler1 »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33619 on: October 09, 2019, 06:12:22 PM »

You only overpaid by a little.... it’s really bad.

The bat girl mission is ok, but it’s really short and feels sort of low effort in terms of level and puzzle design.

Everything else is worth literally $0.
Harley's ass is worth at least 1$.

Svejk

« Reply #33620 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:12 AM »
Hit a point in Arkham Knight and I'm just kinda done with it.  Gonna finish whatever story is left and move on.  It isn't bad by any means,  there's just too many other games that need to be played.  Need to get back to NMS VR, AC7, Black Desert, just to name a few..

All the games coming out in the next 6 months... :stahp

kingv

« Reply #33621 on: October 10, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »
The story is not done until you 100% it.

Don’t you want the true ending?

Svejk

« Reply #33622 on: October 10, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
The story is not done until you 100% it.

Don’t you want the true ending?
It's not that important to me, so nah.  I just played it for the gameplay and aesthetics mostly... and being free on PS+.  If only I had the time...

kingv

« Reply #33623 on: October 10, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
I’m being facetious. I think they that locking the true ending behind the riddler trophies was totally crappy.

They should have made it so you could complete the riddler quest line at some reasonably number of his trophies, and the rest were cheevo bait only.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33624 on: October 10, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
I mean it's literally a 15 seconds cutscene where
Arkham Knight real ending
Bruce activates "protocol whatever" and essentially dismantles the Batman identity.
[close]
It's barely worth YouTubing.

Freyj

« Reply #33625 on: October 12, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
Johnny?

Just finished that area last night. Found it much easier to avoid targeting anything specific until the legs were done.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #33626 on: October 12, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »

:brain plays

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33627 on: October 13, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
Done with Spyro Reignited. I'm skipping the first game, cause I 100%ed the original version last year (I think) and 20 hours of Spyro are enough for now. I poked my head in briefly to take a look around, but I only toured the first hub before bowing out.
The second and third game are fun, but I think I still like the first the best. The third especially leans a lot on gimmicky stages where you play one of Spyro's friends. Nice for variety, but none of their playstyles are as fun as Spyro's (the second game uses temporary powerups instead).

Freyj

« Reply #33628 on: October 14, 2019, 05:50:11 PM »
Yeah I gave up on my usual Souls “heaviest weapon available” build in favor of fast weapons like the fists / spear. I don’t really care much for the parry system and I feel like Havel build favors that. The cancel dodge out of heavy weapon / Goliath armor was too unreliable for me.

There’s a set called Liquidator that’s real nice for bosses. Gives a ton of elemental defense.

Chooky

« Reply #33629 on: October 14, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »
i've been playing some ps3 the last week or two, and holy fuck i almost forgot how bad last gen was. and it's not even that so many games were fucking boring crap, it's that every game looks like it's about to fall apart at any moment. screen tearing, uneven framerates, and just ugly-ass visual clutter everywhere. people really don't appreciate what we have right now enough.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33630 on: October 15, 2019, 05:22:10 PM »
That final level in Strider is a bitch  :doge  Also am on my second run in Ghouls'n'Ghosts. No idea where the magic item is. Plus a casual Shinobi 3 walkthrough on Megadrive Mini. At first I thought these days I'd prefer a more lenient double jump in the latter, but once you get used to it, you appreciate its depth again.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33631 on: October 15, 2019, 06:33:51 PM »
Did anyone here get the new Yooka Laylee? It looks pretty damn good
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33632 on: October 16, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
Beat CODE VEIN today [good ending], took about 23 hours and that was doing a sizable chunk of the side content. Overall, it's a decent take on the Soul formula, but certainly has some issues that could be worked on if they do a sequel [and there is room for one].
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33633 on: October 17, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »
How was Fallout 4.. a great game in any way shape or form  :lol
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33634 on: October 17, 2019, 01:38:21 PM »
I shouldn't even bother with you because you are the polar opposite of me but:

It was the major GOTY the year it got released:

Awards

Fallout 4 received numerous awards and nominations from gaming publications such as GameSpot,[85] GamesRadar,[86] EGM,[87] Game Revolution,[88] IGN,[89][90] and many more. The game received a game of the year award from the 19th ceremony of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences—also known as D.I.C.E.—among numerous nominations for the award from The Game Awards, The Daily Telegraph,[91] PC Gamer,[92] IGN and more.[93] It was also placed on various lists of the best games of 2015 in which GameSpot put it at sixth,[85] GamesRadar at fourth,[94] among others top lists. The game also received awards and nominations for Role-playing game of the year with it winning the award from Game Critics and D.I.C.E. with nominations from various other gaming publications.[93][weasel words]

I got over 200 hours logged in it (FO4 + story DLCs).

S.H.I.T. Fallout title, though. Crap dialogues (Yes, Yes, Sarcastic Yes, Maybe.... but Yes), nonsensical perks/ S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, abhorrent storyline and major villains (robots) and goofy DLCs (Nuka World).

And this is why the entire game fails. Nobody is interesting to talk to. Except for one or two mutated folks.

The coolest character in the entire game is the robot at Green Diamond stadium that speaks Japanese  :lol.

GOTY doesn't mean shit, because most of those websites I wouldn't trust them at all " The Game Awards, IGN " lol.. How can it be GOTY when the story is shit, the dialogue is garbage, the perks are stupid.. basically anything that makes Fallout Fallout is garbage in Fallout 4.

- fantastic open-world map with varying locales
- good gunplay and combat - first for a 3D Fallout game
- good loot
- interesting crafting/ modular system
- fun and working settlement/ building your base system
- [personal] graphics i.e. Power Armor, high-rise Boston skyscrappers
- best loading screens ever

Allright let's start here. Now " fantastic " is a bit of a hyperbole, what varying locales are there exactly? The grasslands and the city parts.
Good gunplay & combat, how so exactly? Compared to other FPS games it's totally garbage, and as you said yourself the game falls flat on it's face when it tries to be an actual RPG. VATS is still cool, but that debuted in Fallout 3. Over 10(?) years ago.
The crafting system was great, I will give you that much. But it's not something like that hasn't been done before ( Fallout New Vegas ).
Personally I didn't give a shit about building a settlement, because there is absolutely zero reason to build a settlement. It doesn't offer you anything in the slightest as a benefit.
Boston skyscrapers were indeed cool, but they are barely used in the game. Almost no quest features them.

Now I did enjoy Fallout 4 somewhat, I put plenty of hours into it. The main story is absolute garbage. MAH BABY. And then he's a robot. Hmmk whatever the fuck GAME.
The " roleplaying " part of the game is as shitty as the other RPG parts of it. You are playing a character that has a predefined personality, voice and goal. So not really a lot of leeway for actual roleplaying. And like you said the dialogue choices are yes/no/sarcasm/more money

Personally, I think Fallout 4 is a garbage game that preceded Fallout 76 and will be the basis for any future Fallout and perhaps even ( I shudder to think ) future TES installments. It has some fun elements to it, but it's worse in many many ways compared to even Fallout 3 and especially New Vegas.

I also doubt you are the polar opposite of me :P.
What

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #33635 on: October 19, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
i've been playing some ps3 the last week or two, and holy fuck i almost forgot how bad last gen was. and it's not even that so many games were fucking boring crap, it's that every game looks like it's about to fall apart at any moment. screen tearing, uneven framerates, and just ugly-ass visual clutter everywhere. people really don't appreciate what we have right now enough.

I learned this last Xmas when I rebought one. Playing those games on PC is ideal.
reckt

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33636 on: October 22, 2019, 07:13:09 AM »
started Catherine full body last night, such a great game, I'm still really good at doing the puzzles which was a shock as it'd been so long.

I feel the whole Rin thing has really been smashed in there though but they're an okay character.

Bebpo

« Reply #33637 on: October 23, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
Finished the true ending route in World of Final Fantasy. Great fucking game. I had to look up who did the cutscenes (and there are tons of cutscenes in this game, including summons) because they were really well directed like a mainline FF game or major jrpg and it's Jun Akiyama, the cutscene director from Vagrant Story, FF12 and Kingdom Hearts 1. No wonder they're so good. His cutscene direction + Hamauzu's top notch soundtrack + good dialogue writing/script + good gameplay = great fucking rpg. No wonder people said this was the better game than FF15 when both came out at the same time. World of FF, Shadowbringers and Theatrhythm (and maybe PSP Dissidia) are the best FF stuff since FFX/FFXII days.

So many people bitch about the ugly bobblehead look and can't get past it, but that's a dumb reason to ignore a great traditional rpg like this. You get used to it. The game also starts off kinda slow & linear gameplay-wise but it picks up around 5-7 hours in (and it's a good 50-60 hour game). Other than the slow beginning only negatives I have is the dungeon design gets cut & paste towards the end (Alexander's Bridge is ughh) and the balance can get pretty broken. I was struggling at endgame and used an online team suggestion and it took me through the endgame and all the post-game and true ending final boss no problem.

Also finished up the story mode in Super Mario Maker 2, also a great fucking game. Pretty much has everything you need, a ton of SP levels and tons of MP levels and a good course maker w/tutorials. Until they do a 3d mario maker I think this is pretty feature complete and I'll pick it up from time to time and play some online levels.

Bebpo

« Reply #33638 on: October 24, 2019, 12:59:49 AM »
Tried playing Team Bloober's >Observer_ and I realized after Layers of Fear, Blair Witch and this I kinda hate Team Blooper and not gonna try any of their games again. Their concept of game design is pretty far removed from mine.

Like you have a cool cyperpunk setting here and it's a walking sim, but you're constantly unable to walk and forced to sit and watch dialogues play out. But you can't advance or skip the dialogue and have to wait for every line to be spoken and the dialogue ...is....delivered....very...painfully....slow. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me and the game is essentially unplayable. Deleting.

It also took about 40 mins of monkeying around in settings to get running on PC. Tech-wise seems a mess.

Bebpo

« Reply #33639 on: October 24, 2019, 01:58:17 AM »
Finally started playing Binary Domain and outside the really dated Gears controls this is great. Reminds me of MGR-ish. Pretty good English VA track, guessing English was the primary language for this and not a dub.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33640 on: October 24, 2019, 02:21:28 AM »
Binary Domain is soooooo good. Probably the best TPS ever. I should play it again

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #33641 on: October 24, 2019, 03:17:19 AM »
RGG Studios made like 20 Yakuza games since, but they can’t muster a single Binary Domain sequel :goty
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33642 on: October 24, 2019, 04:28:47 AM »
Tried playing Team Bloober's >Observer_ and I realized after Layers of Fear, Blair Witch and this I kinda hate Team Blooper

You should hateplay the games like me. Streamed them for a friend and I honestly think Observer might be their worst one. It's unbelievable how hard it starts shitting the bed with the walking-sim hallucination bits.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33643 on: October 24, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
Replaying Amnesia after I thought Soma became a little too shallow in game design. It's not quite as complexe as I remember  :doge But definitely more involving than Soma.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33644 on: October 24, 2019, 05:52:56 AM »
You gonna go further back and play their Penumbra games as well?

Bebpo

« Reply #33645 on: October 24, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »
I don’t remember Amnesia having much gameplay depth, was a good game but more about atmosphere and creep factor. Gameplay-wise the Pnumbra games are much more games with poor combat, inventory and all. I liked them but they’re pretty rough. I fucking love Soma though. Basically it’s Amnesia with a better story and more interesting setting.

Also I’m in the minority but machine for pigs > amnesia.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33646 on: October 24, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
At least there's some form of inventory/health management and puzzle solving in Amnesia. Soma is 80% pulling levers with not even the most minimal amount of brainwork involved. Story and atmosphere in Soma take a huge hit once they start with sassy banter and don't stop.

I might get the final Penumbra during Halloween. :trumps
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:14:22 PM by Spieler1 »

Bebpo

« Reply #33647 on: October 24, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »
Amnesia had inventory? I haven't played it in years but I thought you just walked around and the couple parts with monsters are puzzles.

Binary Domain is soooooo good. Probably the best TPS ever. I should play it again

Yeah, I'm liking it. Gameplay seems pretty simple though and gunplay feels pretty floaty, basically what I'd expect from the Yakuza team doing a TPS. I haven't played a Gears-ish cover game for years so idk maybe they're all like that. I just installed Gears 5 so I can compare the shooting/movement feel.

Bebpo

« Reply #33648 on: October 25, 2019, 02:14:10 AM »
Yeah, I played some more of it (and messed with the FoV sliders until the shooting felt better and more accurate [note, it's hard to shoot well when you can't see a distant enemy]) and I'm really liking Binary Domain. Like I played a bit of Gears 5 and the shooting feels more solid and movement smoother, but you're right that the enemies in BD and stage design is pretty fun. And yeah I enjoy the dialogue responses to your team. Cutscene direction is on point for the studio and even the music is very good so far. Seems like a great game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33649 on: October 25, 2019, 03:06:51 AM »
Do I sell my copy of Pokemon Emerald for a hundred buckaroos

and buy cod mw  ???
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33650 on: October 25, 2019, 03:44:30 AM »
Do I sell my rare retro item and buy a game that'll be $20 in a few months  :thinking
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33651 on: October 25, 2019, 04:55:59 AM »
I dunno how rare it is but sure
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33652 on: October 25, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »
Code Vein has its issues, but I'd really like to see what they can do with a sequel [assuming it didn't totally bomb].
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33653 on: October 25, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
That's because you are playing anime.

Hell, I struggle to think of a game more anime.

Corey in the House on the DS...
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #33654 on: October 25, 2019, 11:26:54 AM »
Mechanically Code Vein is a fun JRPG (levelling up skills, switching classes, dozo dozo arigato!) mixed with the Souls formula (bonfires, upgrades, lost souls, stamina management etc.).

But the characters................ plot.................... dialogues...................it's like I'm playing anime!

haha, so you did end up playing this :P

Bebpo

« Reply #33655 on: October 26, 2019, 02:47:09 AM »
Started playing Crackdown 3 and it's...alright? Like it's just crackdown but in shiny this-gen HD with nice colors and more geometry, but it's still fun leveling up skills, finding agility orbs and you can still grenade spam everything. I remember Crackdown 2 being complete shit, so I guess this is a step up even if it's not trying anything at all and is just Crackdown 1 in HDDD. For free on gamepass I'm enjoying it as popcorn entertainment.

After so many series like AC have gone complete auto-climbing, it's actually kinda refreshing and satisfying for a change to try to figure out how to scale buildings from the ground to the top.

Nuitangg

« Reply #33656 on: October 26, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »
Crackdown 3 is the only game I've finished this year.   :fbm

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #33657 on: October 26, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »
Code Vein has its issues, but I'd really like to see what they can do with a sequel [assuming it didn't totally bomb].
A ton of my weeby friends have been playing it on steam, unless Bandai Namco had idiotic sales goals I'd wager they're happy with how it's done.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33658 on: October 26, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »
A ton of my weeby friends have been playing it on steam, unless Bandai Namco had idiotic sales goals I'd wager they're happy with how it's done.

Physical sales in Japan were atrocious, though. :(
dog

paprikastaude

« Reply #33659 on: October 26, 2019, 11:44:30 AM »
It was in the NPD top 10.