Author Topic: Borecast Ep. 10: Plants vs. Zombies vs. Stalin vs. Martians vs. Big Momma, D2V  (Read 3985 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
It's a holiday blowout on The Borecast, as Doug and Kevin celebrate the US of A's favorite pastimes - laying on the couch watching crappy direct-to-video movies and playing video games!

Direct download link - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast10.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: A DIRECT-TO-VIDEO PRESENTATION

Doug and Kevin discuss D2V movies and features, with stained childhood memories of scavenging for awful vids, recommendations for decent viewing, and read some listener suggestions (or warnings).

Subjects include: The "Ernest P. Worrell" film series starring Jim Varney, the National Lampoon D2V movies, the Return of the Living Dead sequels, Lorenzo Lamas, Sci Fi Network originals, Ben Kingsley and Malcolm McDowell, Beyond Re-Animator and Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Boxleitner, the Hellraiser sequels, Robocop and Frank Miller, The Orphanage, Rec, Audition, Takashi Miike films, Stephen Chow movies, Dog Soldiers, Dagon, Attack of the Cockface Killer, Ice Spiders, Frogs (1972), Kracker Jack'D, Leprechaun in the Hood, Ghoulies, C.H.U.D., National Lampoon's Dorm Daze, Disney D2V movies, Ginger Snaps, May, Call of Cthulhu, Cemetary Man, Moon 44, Cyborg (1989) and Kevin's brush with D2V fame

Kevin's friend Steve's review of "Attack of the Cockface Killer" - http://www.horrorexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1594

"Kracker Jack'D" review - http://www.fatally-yours.com/horror-reviews/kracker-jackd-2003/

"Call of Cthulhu" (good modern silent movie) website - http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/index.html

A still of Haley Peterson from Cyborg (her only film credit) - http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4246/haleycreciditapn3.jpg

SEGMENT TWO: POTPOURRI OF PAIN

(52:00) The Playlist - Doug and Kevin talk about the games they've been playing since last episode.

Games discussed include: Plants vs. Zombies, Red Faction SP demo, Stalin vs. Martians, Universe at War, Sacred 2 (console version), Fallout 3 (warning, we discuss the ending from 1:08:30 through 1:11:45), Raiden Fighters Aces

(1:14:15) Borecast Se7en Challenge - After avoiding it for an entire episode, Kevin has to face the music and watch Martin Lawrence in Big Momma's House. Hear his anguish! Learn how you can win all of the games and movies from the B7C, as well as some actual GOOD prizes!

(1:28:15) INDEFENSBLE! - Listen to Doug dance around uncomfortably as Kevin drops a live, writhing Miyamoto down his underwear! Speaking of facing the music...

We'll see you all again on June 8th!

sup

Veidt

Veidt vs non-black-dutch-african-muslims.

p.s Thanks for another awesome podcast, it's the only one I actually ever listen to. If you even know who I am [ you famous people, you! ]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:41:16 PM by Veidt »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the serial boinker of basketball fame was wilt chamberlain, by the by
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
whoa god do i sound punchy, hooray for tedious work weeks
duc

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
last night I was hanging out with one of the unattainable women I've had a years-long giant crush on, (and her boyfriend,) and found out she was born in Wyoming  :o
QED

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
I broke down and dl'ed it on my wireless mega-capped internet connection.

In essence, I've just paid money to listen to your podcast, so you must be doing something right.
fek

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
In essence, I've just paid money to listen to your podcast...

This should be the official tagline/promotional quote of Borecast.

:bow THE BORECAST :bow2
©@©™

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
from the people who made the cthulhu movie

[youtube=560,345]3tTHn2tHhcI[/youtube]
Tonya

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
7:15. yes, National Lampoon is currently published as Harvard Lampoon, back to the original roots of the show.  My supposition is mainly for the Vacation movies.
Tonya

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
 :lol "I like to kill the daylight!"
fek

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I listened and TBH, I wasn't really feeling either the last Borecast or this one.

On an upside, I see that a used copy of Krackerjack'd goes for less than $1 at Amazon.  Even with shipping costs, that might just make it worth the price.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

This week's indefensible looks like it could be entertaining. :lol

Though putting Miyamoto in the same company as Atlas Shrugged? I assumed Drinky was just disillusioned/disappointed with Miyamoto, not actively pissed off at him.

Will give a listen shortly.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Can you pinpoint why you're losing interest?  We like to hear constructive criticism.
sup

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Can you pinpoint why you're losing interest?  We like to hear constructive criticism.

The topics don't really interest me these days.  I'm not a fan of British comedy, I already knew why some women love Twilight, and the Indefensible portion has backslid into a mixture of backhanded compliments and assistance from the guests!  I understand it is called "indefensible" and Prole did pretty well for a while.  I understand Wyoming and especially Wii Music are hard things to defend but anyone can turn shit into chardonnay for a few minutes.

Episode 10, I don't really have time to watch direct to TV movies nor have I seen too many.  I'm not a fan of RTS or PC gaming especially so it was hard to pay attention to the gaming discussions.

I didn't clarify this in my previous post because objectively, the content is just fine.  It is just my personal tastes that are in the way from enjoying the show.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

Oh, it was about Wii Music? I thought it was about miyamoto in general.

border

Spending 20 minutes talking about Direct-To-Video films and not mentioning Troma Entertainment is insane.  They've spent at least a decade producing amazing straight-to-DVD content, and seem to completely understand just how far they can push a shoestring budget.  They publish everything for super-exploitive splatterfest genre flicks to weird experimental projects.  Lloyd Kaufman, the company's frontman, is always entertaining and outspoken.  I think it's fair to say there probably won't ever be another production company like this one.

Trailer for their last "big" release, Poultrygeist:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
I had similar feelings to The Experiment about those segments mentioned (britcoms and straight2dvd movies), but it is not enough to make me stop listening. My favorite part of the Borecast is the recommendation portion, with particular faves being the Horror fiction and WWII game recommendation episodes. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, as content on the whole is good
jon

Oblivion

Spending 20 minutes talking about Direct-To-Video films and not mentioning Troma Entertainment is insane.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:rock :rock

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i've been really off my game the last two episodes, on account of being overworked and rather exhausted. hopefully i'll return to form in indefensible for episode 11!
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
we were both ill-prepared for the last episode

originally we were just going to do a really short first segment and fill in the rest with outtakes/edits from past shows (because prole and i have both been really busy lately), so both of us were working off the top of our heads in the D2V segment - we were going to put it off until next show but decided at the last minute to go ahead with it since it was the QotS

so there were a lot things in that segment that i forgot to mention and kicked myself afterward, troma being one of the bigger slips

we can always do a D2V Round 2 segment in the future, just as we plan to revisit more British TV genres in the future with Eric

if there are any topics you guys would like to suggest just let us know or drop us a PM - I'm trying to put together a "morgue" of ideas we can draw on in the future instead of scrambling a couple of days before we record

sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i think some of you will get a kick out of the borecast pain club, btw
sup

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
"...There's butter on my head..."

:-*
:)

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Dammit. Totally fucking forgot about the review this week.

Next week I want to do two movies. Terminator and Star Trek. The Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza. Of course, now that my schedule is a lot lighter, I will not have to take a break anymore.
HLR

Veidt

So I recently bought ZOE 2nd runner, which is very,very,very rare here in Europe. I usually have buyers remorse everytime I buy things that I had already owned at one time. But it looks like I really am not this time.

So I was wondering if you guys could discuss any games you'd  adore so much, that you'd purchase it for a hefty price[ if anything happened to the original copy].

And what are to you the most under-rated games ever?

Also, who are the best game developing studios in your opinion?

I look forward to your take on this.

Good luck guys.

E-DuB

I've said it before and I'll say it again

:bow Prole and Eel :bow2

Downloaded it a few days ago. Will listen when I get a chance. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
So I recently bought ZOE 2nd runner, which is very,very,very rare here in Europe. I usually have buyers remorse everytime I buy things that I had already owned at one time. But it looks like I really am not this time.

So I was wondering if you guys could discuss any games you'd  adore so much, that you'd purchase it for a hefty price[ if anything happened to the original copy].

And what are to you the most under-rated games ever?

Also, who are the best game developing studios in your opinion?

I look forward to your take on this.

Good luck guys.

excellent question! eel, can we add this to the agenda?
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sure, i'll put it in the notes email
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
The reanimated penis made me think of South Park right off the bat.
HLR

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Was a bit late with d/ling this one... listening right now!

BTW, what is the name of the "theme song" to the show, that you use in the intro?
^_^

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Saxy French 2

It's a music loop I DLed from here - http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/pir/free_music_loops.shtml
sup