Author Topic: Check out this sweet PSP redisign. That's totally real!  (Read 20769 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Re: Check out this sweet PSP redisign. That's totally real!
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
Sony is like the Saturn-era Sega, only making even dumber mistakes.
CBG

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »
Anyone who thinks this redesign is good is a fanboy and/or an idiot.  A lot of design aesthetics are being violated here: tacky white border, silver screws, depressed buttons, etc.  Not only that but there is no UMD slot, no battery slot, nothing; this effectively pisses on those PSP owners who wanted to upgrade to a newer system.

Sony has their head firmly entrenched in their ass this generation.

Redesign chatter aside, it bothers me that people are defending Sony's removal of the UMD slot.  It *is* alienating the current user base and it's basically telling all the stores carrying PSP games to effectively fuck off.  If they have a solution, like a UMD-ripping device or a way to download every game I've purchased previously, then no problem.

A lot of people still don't have the ability (or knowledge, lol) to be able to download large files so quickly and/or easily, and unlike say, the iPhone, I doubt new downloadable PSP games are going to be priced at around $1-$10 each.  $30-$40 download-only 200mb-1+gb portable game titles don't strike me as a particularly appealing way to spike sales.
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
Whatever, it's not surprising to see EB is still MS fanboys.
USA

cool breeze

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2009, 10:50:20 PM »
I probably come off like I have a Sony slant on this forum.  I consider the PSP to be the best handheld gaming system.  Infamous is easily my favorite game so far this year.  I think this PSP Go is stupid.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2009, 10:52:20 PM »
the fuck?
it's more like a new model X360 not playing X360 disk games.

Seriously, no matter how much you love/hate the idea behind this design, it's exremely idiotic for then not have any type of transfer tool. I know someone is going to bring up the "but what if people start renting and transferring games" argument, but I don't care. Having to buy this new model but still needing the older PSP around for whenever I wanna play older games just defeats the purpose of portability or "GO!" as Sony likes to put it.

They still haven't officially announced anything yet. That's why I'm saying for you all to cool your jets.
USA

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
Anyone who thinks this redesign is good is a fanboy and/or an idiot.  A lot of design aesthetics are being violated here: tacky white border, silver screws, depressed buttons, etc.  Not only that but there is no UMD slot, no battery slot, nothing; this effectively pisses on those PSP owners who wanted to upgrade to a newer system.

Sony has their head firmly entrenched in their ass this generation.

Redesign chatter aside, it bothers me that people are defending Sony's removal of the UMD slot.  It *is* alienating the current user base and it's basically telling all the stores carrying PSP games to effectively fuck off.  If they have a solution, like a UMD-ripping device or a way to download every game I've purchased previously, then no problem.

A lot of people still don't have the ability (or knowledge, lol) to be able to download large files so quickly and/or easily, and unlike say, the iPhone, I doubt new downloadable PSP games are going to be priced at around $1-$10 each.  $30-$40 download-only 200mb-1+gb portable game titles don't strike me as a particularly appealing way to spike sales.

The upside might be fire sales on remaining PSP software stock.  It might almost be worth getting a PSP if I could get games like Megaman Powered Up for less than $10.
🍆🍆

cool breeze

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »
It's not really fair to judge the distribution model or how they will deal with existing UMD games yet.  All we know is that there is a proprietary port on the bottom of the device.  No word if there is or isn't going to be some way to play UMD games.  That stuff is going to be shown on Tuesday.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »
Whatever, it's not surprising to see EB is still MS fanboys.

and it's good to see that in Playstation land anything remotely negative to with Sony is always attempted to be palmed off as some sort of fanboy slim.

I have bought 5 PSPs over time, there's fucking 7 in the house right this second (including the wifes) and in excess of 200 UMD based fucking games.

The delusional "it's sony , they said it's for the best, i will fall in line with their PR message straight from the mothership like a mindless fucking drone" attitude is fucking infuriating. If you can't see ANY of the negative points of this machine.... then tsk.

I see negative points, but the negative points are brought by people who this device probably isn't for. As Sony said, this isn't a new PSP, it's to go alongside the PSP 3000. Who gives a flying fuck if you can't play your UMD's on it if PSP 3000's are still going to be sold? You don't see me crying a river because my iPod games don't work on my iPhone.

Besides, half of you crying about the big internet sizes and all DD are the same distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who pirate PSP games anyways.
USA

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2009, 10:54:20 PM »
They'll probably make you register your PSP games on their website, and only then can you transfer them to the this PSP.
ಠ_ಠ

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
stop arguing with him, he drank the kool aid so long ago he's already pissed it out and poured himself another glass

just goes to show some people will defend anything to justify whatever laughable sense of loyalty they have bouncing alongside the wasps in their brain

sane people realize critical discussion of things you otherwise enjoy is adult behavior
sup

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2009, 10:56:08 PM »
It's not really fair to judge the distribution model or how they will deal with existing UMD games yet.  All we know is that there is a proprietary port on the bottom of the device.  No word if there is or isn't going to be some way to play UMD games.  That stuff is going to be shown on Tuesday.

Yeah but even if there is a UMD player option, unless this is included in the box, a lot of people won't be buying it.
🍆🍆

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
"I'm really surprised anyone likes this thing.  The benefits for Sony are obvious, but what does this thing offer over the existing PSP for the consumer?  "

Which is why THE PSP 3000 WONT BE DISCONTINUED.

I hate the fucking PSP, i've owned 5 of them, i've owned 3 DS's, I hate handhelds but come on guys, stop saying shit when we don't have any official announcements or anything.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

- Can't play UMD software. We don't know this yet, unless you mean UMD's.
- Battery is internal, which means changing it is going to require some surgery. Who gives a shit? Almost any handheld gaming device within the past 8 years has internal batteries
- New form factor might make it less comfortable for some. We don't know this yet.
- Incompatible with existing accessories. Again, we don't know this yet
- More difficult to access controls for media functions while the machine is closed, leaving the machine open while using it as a music player would obviously be stupid. Again, we don't know this yet.
USA

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
:piss Handheld gaming :piss2

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2009, 10:59:49 PM »
$200 ass fucking edition psp or a $200 iPhone with cheaper games? RIP Sony.
CBG

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2009, 11:00:19 PM »

$200 iPhone? Are you serious? More like $200 iPod Touch that's gimped.
USA

cool breeze

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2009, 11:02:20 PM »

yes, we do.  It doesn't have the port existing PSP accessories use.

no one cares

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »

yes, we do.  It doesn't have the port existing PSP accessories use.

no one cares

We don't know, period. We don't know if there will be an adapter or anything. Besides, what are some good PSP accesories anyways? Serious question.
USA

ManaByte

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »

Hey idiot, I paid $200 for my iPhone two weeks ago. Research your trolling.

(I got the 8gig since I already have a 120gig iPod fattie)

Tiger Woods on Iphone looks better than the psp one, has superior controls, and is $10. PSP fails.
CBG

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
As Sony said, this isn't a new PSP, it's to go alongside the PSP 3000. Who gives a flying fuck if you can't play your UMD's on it if PSP 3000's are still going to be sold?

so....

there's a whole slew of sony fans outside the XX million who already invested in PSP's who are just waiting in the wings for an internet redesign?

or Sony are going to expect some of that fanbase to buy another machine with the same abilities in a redesign but without the software base they either bought or pirated?

sounds completely fucking dumb to me and exactly the sort of thinking that is fucking sony up.

All that said, transfer tool would be awesoem for UMDs but i doubt it'll happen as that opens up the danger of someone hacking the licensing tool and backwards engineering this and they end up with no sales again.

I wonder what the price will be?

Can't play UMD software. We don't know this yet, unless you mean UMD's.
the lack of a UMD slot makes it a bit tricky and creating a UMD transfer tool is a security risk, so until something is announced, we shall see. At the moment , and because i've heard nothing else, i cannot see how this can play UMD games or movies at the moment.

I don't know, but I don't think this will be marketed towards their established fan base, rather towards new comers. Five bucks says it comes with a free $10 PSN card  :lol
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
it's a downgrade for which they'll likely charge the same price or more

whatever else, that fact is undeniable
sup

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2009, 11:05:08 PM »

Tiger Woods on Iphone looks better than the psp one, has superior controls, and is $10. PSP fails.

Hey idiot, did you miss that $80+ bill a month on top of it?
USA

cool breeze

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2009, 11:05:31 PM »
The only one I have is the TV out cable.  It uses the little horizontal bar thing next to the headphone jack.

The other ones I don't care about are the camera, which used the mini-usb jack at the top, or the GPS, which used the mini-usb jack at the top.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »

- Can't play UMD software. We don't know this yet, unless you mean UMD's.
- Battery is internal, which means changing it is going to require some surgery. Who gives a shit? Almost any handheld gaming device within the past 8 years has internal batteries
- New form factor might make it less comfortable for some. We don't know this yet.
- More difficult to access controls for media functions while the machine is closed, leaving the machine open while using it as a music player would obviously be stupid. Again, we don't know this yet.

1.  Yes, I meant UMDs.  I think that's pretty obvious, but I guess I might have to go a bit slower here, seeing the way you've responded.
2.  Most handheld gaming devices have internal batteries, that's true.  But inaccessible batteries?  No, not really.
3.  That's why I said "might", and I think it's a safe assumption, as absolutely no device is perfect for everyone.  Interestingly you didn't use this logic to address my listing of this point in the positive column, but hey - whatever, man.
4.  Yes, we do.  You can visually eyeball the ports and connections this machine has.  They're different.
5.  Yes, we do.  You can eyeball the buttons on the machine.  When it's closed, it has three accessible buttons.  Maybe it comes with a remote?  I don't know.  You can get a remote for the existing PSP, though, without losing those buttons.

And yes dur hur hur the PSP 3000 will be sold alongside it.  But that has nothing at all to do with what I'm asking, which is why *anyone* would choose the GO over the 3k.

1. Weren't you one of the ones crying about UMDs in the first place, and now you're sad they're gone? I'm not sad in the least bit that they're gone.
2. The PSP Go's battery is about as inaccesable as any other device. We don't know what the internal looks like and we won't until it gets launched.
4. We don't know if there will be adapters or not.
5. Who knows they won't announce that it's a touch screen or something? That's what I was getting at.

And why would someone choose the Go over the 3K? Easy. Someone who doesn't have any UMD's at all.

The only one I have is the TV out cable.  It uses the little horizontal bar thing next to the headphone jack.
Ah the TV Out cable not working sucks, but I highly doubt they'd take that feature out.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »
Hey Methodis, did you spin this hard for the DSi, too?

No, i'm considering a DSi right now though :teehee

USA

cool breeze

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »

what the hell is going on? why is manabyte lashing out on manabyte ???

because no one else cares

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
Let me hi-jack this thread and ask you fine Evilborians a question; is the DSi worth it yet? :/
USA

ManaByte

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »

what the hell is going on? why is manabyte lashing out on manabyte ???

Posting from my iphone. Hard to get the right posts quoted sometimes.
CBG

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »
The fanboys keep failing to address the fact that this redesign fucks over the PSP's existing userbase.  They might find it to be cold and lonely by setting those bridges on fire.  Not really sure what incentives Go would offer to bring the gamers to the yard.  Gran Turismo and Metal Gear won't really cut it.  Even fewer incentives to make PSP users ditch their previous models and disc games for this new model.  Except for those who have a lot of money and not a lot of common sense.
🍆🍆

ManaByte

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »
Let me hi-jack this thread and ask you fine Evilborians a question; is the DSi worth it yet? :/

You can still play DS games on a DSi, so it's better than this new psp.
CBG

cool breeze

« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »
It's not really fair to judge the distribution model or how they will deal with existing UMD games yet.  [/b]All we know is that there is a proprietary port on the bottom of the device[/b].  No word if there is or isn't going to be some way to play UMD games.  That stuff is going to be shown on Tuesday.

S'cuse ma iggorance senior, but what's a propriety port?

A port that's made specifically for the device/Sony products/etc.  A USB 2.0 cable used on the old PSP is also used for most devices.  Any cable can really be used because it is a common jack.  What they have now seems like it's for a specific wire that the PSP Go uses.  Basically, all ipods use proprietary connectors instead of usb.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2009, 11:15:48 PM »
The fanboys keep failing to address the fact that this redesign fucks over the PSP's existing userbase.  They might find it to be cold and lonely by setting those bridges on fire.  Not really sure what incentives Go would offer to bring the gamers to the yard.  Gran Turismo and Metal Gear won't really cut it.  Even fewer incentives to make PSP users ditch their previous models and disc games for this new model.  Except for those who have a lot of money and not a lot of common sense.

I'll step aside and become a "fanboy" for a second and say that again, how in any way does this fuck over the PSP's existing userbase? Sony will still be releasing UMD's of the games, and still selling the PSP 3000. It's like saying the DSi fucks over the DS userbase because some games are available over DSiWare, but not really, in that, the PSN games will be coming out on retail.

If Sony announced that they weren't printing anymore UMD games and that they were discontinuing the PSP 3000 then yes, this would be fucking over, but no, it doesn't do any of that, at all.

Meh, it can't play my favorite DS game though, Rheumatoid Arthritis Hero :(
USA

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2009, 11:17:55 PM »

BUBUBUBU GRAN TRUSISMO!!!!!
©@©™

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

if i upgrade to a dsi, i can take all the games i already own to the DSi.
i don't presonally see the point and i haven't upgraded.

However, if i did want a PSP Go! because i liked the design/it's thin/etc then i would have (until it's announced otherwise) no way to play the games i have already bought.

Also, i have four (yes i know) batteries for my PSP for long flights and travel. Again, yeah, you're right - i don't have to upgrade because PSP3000 etc etc, but isn't that exactly the point? if people are already saying "oh you own a PSP but you have this qualm? fine, you don't have to upgrade" seems to already spell out that this is going to be a bit of a disaster unless they have a UMD solution.

I was being serious :P. I used to own a DS Lite but sold it, and I want to play Rhythm Heaven as I loved Rythym Tengoku. But, DSi Ware seems kinda lame so far :/
USA

cool breeze

« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »
was this actually announced with a date? because at this point i expect Lord Lucan and Elvis to be on a stage on the mood demoing this at this point.

In the Qore video they mention it a lot, even ending by saying "they're about to play it."  The rumors about the Go, which was highly specific about the looks and name of the device, were all true and they also said that Gran Turismo PSP is launching with the thing.  Seems like it actually might finally come out.

if it has a mem stick option, then why would they even bother with this.

If they are doing some sort of different lock out on the HDD :/

It uses ms micro or something smaller now.  I wouldn't be surprised if they only allowed games on the internal memory, and everything else (movies, music, saves, etc.) on the memory stick.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »
I'm not quite sure who this is aimed that.  Existing PSP owners are going to be hesitant to upgrade, and new users will probably just be confused by the strict DDL model.

Eh, I think I'll just get a Wiz.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2009, 11:58:32 PM »
Kind of off topic here but that slide out panel with the d-pad and buttons is exactly what I've been hoping to see on the next iPhone redesign coming this summer - cept I want to see a full keyboard.  Probably won't happen though.
Tacos

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:53 AM »
that shit is gross.  sticking with launch psp unit for now.
Tonya

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Re: Check out this sweet PSP redisign(that is probably real).
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2009, 12:38:28 AM »
GUYS GRAND TURISMO AT E3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONLY POSSIBLE WITH THE PSP GO!
I'll believe it when I see it. Sony was promising a PSP Gran Turismo since the damn thing was revealed five years ago.  :maf

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2009, 12:49:13 AM »
I wish the LCD pushed out at a bit of an angle to the controller instead of straight out. Just a little touch that would have been nice.
:9

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »
PSP Go fuck yourself  :dur
Hi

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »
so what gaming retailer is going to carry this

"sure sony, we'll take your hardware that comes with 5% margin and no software for us to sell. that space was just going to be used for more second hand wii games which we can sell at a higher margin"

wonder if someone like EB is going to say "get fucked"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:36:20 AM by pilonv1 »
itm

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »
so what gaming retailer is going to carry this

"sure sony, we'll take your hardware that comes with 5% margin and no software for us to sell. that space was just going to be used for more second hand wii games which we can sell at a higher margin"

wonder if someone like EB is going to say "get fucked"

Sony can just threaten to pull their hot-selling software like smash hit Killzone 2

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2009, 04:42:01 AM »
What I don't understand is why Nintendo and Sony aren't making true successors.  I thought the dsi would at least have tilt and a second touchscreen. After the success of the ds and smartphones I figured if the next psp wanted to be relevant they'd incorporate at LEAST a touchscreen.

It took like, 11 years to get a true gameboy successor and thats a sad precedent to follow.
sad

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2009, 09:28:59 AM »
What I don't understand is why Nintendo and Sony aren't making true successors.  I thought the dsi would at least have tilt and a second touchscreen. After the success of the ds and smartphones I figured if the next psp wanted to be relevant they'd incorporate at LEAST a touchscreen.

It took like, 11 years to get a true gameboy successor and thats a sad precedent to follow.

The DS still sells well.  A 2006 release (NSMB) still manages to sell pretty decently, as I'm sure Mario Kart DS does as well.  I don't really think Nintendo is going to cut their total sales short by rushing out an unnecessary successor.  It probably won't be 2015 until we get the DS2 but there is still another couple of years at least.

As for Sony, they seem more focused on curbing piracy (which may be temporary; the PSP Go could easily be hackable) than worrying about the long term.  With the Monster Hunter Portable craze nearly cashed out, there ain't much life left on the handheld.  The PSP Go will probably strangle the little momentum that is left.  I don't have much faith in LBP selling (it sold like ass on the PS3) and who knows if Gran Turismo is actually coming out for the thing.
🍆🍆

Powerslave

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2009, 09:31:50 AM »
I can't believe this shit is real o my fucking god.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »
Sony bashing at Evilbore, who would've thought.  ::)

You so crazy. EB universally loves the PSP
jon

ch1nchilla

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
All this shit-ass fuckshow of a redesign means for me is that when I re-buy a PSP, it will be an old model, which = cheaper price  :)

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »
Sfags on gaf are working overtime on Sunday to defend this hideous thing... :yuck

I was hoping to get some cheap PSP,but now i am not sure how the market will react...

Older PSPs have everything
You can choose between UMD or DD
Plays everything
Bigger screen
Better design
Hackable(3000 not...yet)
Battery can be changed

New PSP is more like some PSP tard pack...

cat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
Hey Methodis, did you spin this hard for the DSi, too?

BrandNew did, haha

"but like guys i traded in 2 of my DSs and got this for cheap so it's cool"
fat

ch1nchilla

« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »

New PSP is more like some PSP tard pack...

Agreed. I can't believe they botched it this hard, it's insane. Sony should've just stolen the design from the overzealous sfags of the blogosphere...

Get it together, Sony!

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »
Thats dissapointing you'd reccomend the Lite over the DSi. I guess I would be smart not buying a DSi though, as I got bored of my DS insanely fast (not a big handheld gamer)
USA

MoxManiac

« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
Soo..why would retailers want to stock a game system they can't sell games for, anyways?
no

ManaByte

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »
Soo..why would retailers want to stock a game system they can't sell games for, anyways?

Because they love Sony of course.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
Holy shit GAF is spinning this thing so fast that forum is about to go back in time.

CBG

« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »

The 3000 would still be receiving game releases on UMD's, and they could also stock on game boxes that contains manuals and download vouchers like they did with Patapon 2.

But that would still piss off EB/GS and Gamecrazy from losing potential used sales.
野球

ManaByte

« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »

The 3000 would still be receiving game releases on UMD's, and they could also stock on game boxes that contains manuals and download vouchers like they did with Patapon 2.

Patapon is going to backfire. Anyone who has ever worked in retail will tell you that people are dirt stupid and Gamestop will be flooded with returns on the thing when people open it and don't find a UMD inside.
CBG

« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2009, 06:13:55 PM »
I was interested in Patapon 2, but as soon as it went DDL only, I lost interest.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »
I was interested in Patapon 2, but as soon as it went DDL only, I lost interest.

Do you buy DDL games on PSN?  I'm curious what difference it makes on a console versus a handheld.  I don't mind not owning hard copies of full DDL games likes Warhawk and Tekken 5 DR Online, for example.  If I ever got Burnout Paradise, I'd get the DDL version too.  PC users don't seem to have problems with Steam releases either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:03:08 PM by the lyte edge »
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »
You can get the European version.  It got retail disc release.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:23:51 AM by Rman »