Author Topic: Combat sports (MMA, boxing, etc) thread  (Read 150062 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: Combat sports (MMA, boxing, etc) thread - PLEASE JOIN UFC FEDOR!
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2009, 03:58:25 AM »
Think it was just for the boxing. But if they get a bunch of late buys they may want to continue it.
itm

Hollywood

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2009, 01:48:57 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Machida wins with a screwjob, amazing! How did he win this fight? LOL. Hey i'm glad he won, but he was getting his ass kicked the entire fight with body and leg kicks.

Also icing on the cake is Evilore had some big bet over like several fights apparently or something and this was the last fight and the prick lost. That's what you get.  :lol

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2009, 01:54:33 AM »
I thought the early rounds were close and could have gone either way but I still thought Rua won and he definitely won the later rounds.

E-DuB

« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »
Yeah that was pretty BS. The thing that got me was the fact that it was a unanimous decision. smh

OptimoPeach

« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »
Such fucking HORSESHIT -- and I picked Machida to win! Clearly the bookies paid off the judges, because there's no way any honest spectator could have scored 3 rounds for Machida.

The thing that got me was the fact that it was a unanimous decision. smh
:rofl I KNOW
hi5

E-DuB

« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2009, 02:10:45 AM »
Wasn't the line like +500 at one point for Shogun?

OptimoPeach

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:39 AM »
Yeah, and I don't think it ever went any lower than 350 between then and fight night.
hi5

Stoney Mason

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2009, 02:17:33 AM »
Wasn't the line like +500 at one point for Shogun?

Yes but it wasn't surprising. Almost nobody picked Rua and certainly no one was betting for him in significant numbers after his fairly weak performances and Machida's dominance.

It was a bad ref job but that happens in any combat sport. It's not surprising to me that one judge may have given Machida a 48-47. It's that all the judges did.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2009, 02:21:00 AM »
To call the judging "bad" is an understatement. I mean, I think I was even rooting for Machida a little bit, and I also think Rogan's commentary was a tad biased towards Shogun, but WTF.
hi5

OptimoPeach

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2009, 04:18:10 AM »
http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

+

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker -- Rua (no score given)
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Rua (50-45 Rua)

PVT Users (biggest brazilian MMA community) = 80% Shogun
Sherdog Users = 90% Shogun

+

=

SHENANIGANS
hi5

Hollywood

« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »
Strikeforce last night was pretty good, despite the horrible commentary. Gus Johnson is the most exciting commentator in sports but he doesn't seem to know jack shit about mixed martial arts ("Shields is too good to be submitted by an elementary guillotine choke!" WTF?)

The Fedor fight was closed than expected and I thought Rogers may have had him when he was pounding him up against the cage. Just makes me wish more for the Brock-Fedor fight that won't happen.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »
I'm hearing that Fedor doesn't really develop a gameplan for a fighter, but I suspect in Lesnar's case it would be: submission, submission, submission. Get one of those Sambo leglocks on and Brock would be playing pitty-pat on the the mat.

pilonv1

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:23 AM »
Gus Johnson is terrible for MMA

Fedor looked pretty poor.

Never want to see Jake Shields again
itm

OptimoPeach

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »
Gus Johnson is terrible for MMA

Fedor looked pretty poor.

Never want to see Jake Shields again
Agreed on all three.

I'm sure Fedor getting married had something to do with it, but I also think his entourage of yes men are doing a great job of inflating his ego. He definitely looked a little uncomfortable against the cage. But whatever, he still KTFO Rogers

Then again, Rogers looked better than I thought he would. Even though most of his shots landed were in that brief GNP session, I was at least impressed with his composure rolling out of the kimura and armbar (even though being against the cage helped). Whatever respect gained was lost when he started crying on the mic, though.

I really hope Strikeforce can hit Overeem up in between roid cycles so they can match him with Fedor, because Werdum looked like garbage last night

edit: Oh, and allegedly Fedor's translator censored out a bunch of his Jesus worshiping in the post-fight interview
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:36:42 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
Pretty sure I'd cry on the mic after a fight with Fedor, too.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2009, 12:45:39 AM »
Pretty much the entire UFC sucked, and the boxing undercard sucked, but fuck my ass if Pacquiao/Cotto wasn't worth sitting through 5 hours of shitty fights and almost an hour of ceremonial flag-waving horseshit. Pacquiao is fucking amazing; I have to give props to Cotto just for lasting as long as he did, but it was pretty crazy to see him dominated so hard in virtually every round except for the first.

Back to MMA, though: After all the news about the heavyweight division (Lesnar out indefinitely with an unnamed career-threatening illness and mono, Carwin needs knee surgery, and Nogueira hospitalized with a fucking staph infection -- again), I'm actually glad Fedor was brainwashed into turning down Dana's offers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:47:57 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »
Just found this .gif elsewhere:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Who's fighting in this epic display of self-abuse?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »
Pretty sure that's Josh Neer punching himself in the face.  Not sure who the opponent is.

The extended version of that gif is hilarious too, because it shows that after he hits himself, he sorta waves his arms as if to say "what else am I supposed to do? He's just hugging me"
MMA

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
Or maybe he was waving his arms in a panic, as if to say "HELP! He's got an extra arm!"

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2010, 10:21:29 AM »
MMA

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
Nice.

I've been watching TUF lately, LTTP I know. Watching season 2, I'm starting to like Rashad and Joe Stevenson more than I did previously. And Matt Hughes even less than I already did.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2010, 04:43:28 AM »

:rofl

Apparently there's a site which originated from this "fleeing fame"
http://www.watchkalibrun.com/

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
Oh, man. Mir got KTFO'd... again? I haven't seen the fight yet, but MAN I think he's just never going to stand against people who are that much stronger. He doesn't need bulk to throw with them, he needs speed to avoid being hit by them. :SAD

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
The ref almost let Mir die in that ring. The guy was getting full blown illegal shots to the back of the head while he was knocked out, and while the ref was there watching.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
Yeah Mir was weird. He seems really passive against aggressive guys for some reason.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2010, 12:26:02 AM »
The ref almost let Mir die in that ring. The guy was getting full blown illegal shots to the back of the head while he was knocked out, and while the ref was there watching.
Yeah, I think any ref worth a shit would have stopped it 3-4 punches after it hit the ground. Miragliotta actually has a long history of terrible reffing mistakes; moron shouldn't be anywhere near the octagon. If it was anyone other than Mir I would feel bad
hi5

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
The other day, I finally watched the Jon Jones vs Matt Hammill fight, and I was ready to climb in the cage and drop Mazzagatti -- what an ass-hat.

Jones had already destroyed Hammill, clearly Hammill had no way to get out, no plan, no hope, and Jones is looking at Steve for a stoppage. Nope. How much damage is going to have to happen? Finally Jones gets one or two strikes that mazzagatti doesn't like and THEN the match is over -- a DQ for Jones? WTF

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:04 AM »
The other day, I finally watched the Jon Jones vs Matt Hammill fight, and I was ready to climb in the cage and drop Mazzagatti -- what an ass-hat.

Jones had already destroyed Hammill, clearly Hammill had no way to get out, no plan, no hope, and Jones is looking at Steve for a stoppage. Nope. How much damage is going to have to happen? Finally Jones gets one or two strikes that mazzagatti doesn't like and THEN the match is over -- a DQ for Jones? WTF

Yeah i don't understand.

Hammill had his shoulder all fucked up, his face blown to pieces, the best he was managing was getting hit straight in the face, and Jones was like "The fuck, do i need to kill him?"

Comedy ensues, Hammil is declared the winner while looking like he came out of a car crash, Jones was ready for another fight.

What's up with people all up in the arms about Palhares? The guy got the other dude in a submission, and it ain't training, it's over when when the ref says so.

Dude looks like a mini hulk.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »
UFC Fight Night on now on Spike. Florian versus Gomi as the main event.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »
UFC Fight Night on now on Spike. Florian versus Gomi as the main event.

Yeah saw the results on that. So much for PRIDE as a barometer of talent. Florian is really good, and I like his attitude.

Comedy ensues, Hammil is declared the winner while looking like he came out of a car crash, Jones was ready for another fight.

What's up with people all up in the arms about Palhares? The guy got the other dude in a submission, and it ain't training, it's over when when the ref says so.

Dude looks like a mini hulk.

Yeah, the ref has to stop it. There are "no, no, I wasn't tapping" incidents going all the way back to UFC 1. One. As in, "from the very beginning of the league." So, hey. Leave it up to the Ref. Nothing wrong with Hendo's superman finisher on Bisping, either -- the ref needs to move in, dammit.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Yeah saw the results on that. So much for PRIDE as a barometer of talent. Florian is really good, and I like his attitude.

I think the sport has just moved on. A lot of those pride fighters are either getting old or just were never very technical in the first place. Gomi's striking compared to Florian looked awful.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
True enough, maybe I'm just imagining a larger pattern, when the real pattern is simply "time has passed."

It's just that so many of these guys who are hot in Japan appear in the Octagon and just get wasted. Crocop was obliterated in his Gonzaga fight, which made me think that Gonzaga was an utter badass, but he's looking like a wash for title contention.

Then again, ex-UFC champs aren't necessarily holding their own as the sport evolves. Despite their history, Sylvia and Arlovsky seem to have no place in the league any longer. It leaves me wondering the same thing Randy Couture recently speculated: is Fedor ducking a chance to prove his mettle, because he'd actually have a hard time facing someone like Brock or Carwin?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »
True enough, maybe I'm just imagining a larger pattern, when the real pattern is simply "time has passed."

It's just that so many of these guys who are hot in Japan appear in the Octagon and just get wasted. Crocop was obliterated in his Gonzaga fight, which made me think that Gonzaga was an utter badass, but he's looking like a wash for title contention.

Then again, ex-UFC champs aren't necessarily holding their own as the sport evolves. Despite their history, Sylvia and Arlovsky seem to have no place in the league any longer. It leaves me wondering the same thing Randy Couture recently speculated: is Fedor ducking a chance to prove his mettle, because he'd actually have a hard time facing someone like Brock or Carwin?

I definitely see the new wave as simply being more perfected than the old wave. Look at a striker like Anderson Silva or a grappler like GSP. They are fucking incredible athletes and damn awesome and world class at their strengths and not too bad at the other facets of the game. The old guys were generally pretty good at one thing and incredibly weak at a lot of the other aspects.

pilonv1

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
Gomi :(

re: PRIDE guys, a lot of them fought so many times on short notice or multiple times on one night and with no athletic commission testing/regulations so their bodies are going much earlier than the UFC guys are.

Unfortunately this is a sport where once your body goes you're fucked. Unless you're a freak like Randy (who got into the sport late) there's only so much your body can take before your chin goes, or you just can't keep up with the current guys at their peak.
itm

Stoney Mason

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »
Huge upset.

I'll be curious to see the fight metrics on it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:15:33 PM by Stoney Mason »

OptimoPeach

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
Lazy, chubby BJ has returned :(

At least I can have rest assured that Anderson will deliver an assbeating
hi5

Stoney Mason

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
I only caught two rounds on it so I can't really comment until I see the full thing.

Weird that BJ just didn't decide to take a clearly smaller fighter down and submit him or beat him up though.

Not that Sherdog matters but they had the fight as clearly for Penn.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-112-Results-amp-Live-Play-by-Play-23744

OptimoPeach

« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:57 PM »
Seemed like his pride was hurt and he wanted to make a point that he was better on the feet. After the third round his corner actually told him to take it to the ground and he just ignored him lol. And by then he was already gased. I dunno what was up. Maybe his knee was fucked, maybe he took training lightly, or maybe Edgar's footwork was just giving him trouble. Certainly disappointing though, cuz Edgar has zero charisma

I sorta felt like I was watching an extended, less dynamic version of Brian Bowles vs Dominic Cruz
hi5

Stoney Mason

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
I don't think Edgar will be champ for very long either way. Nothing against the dude. He seems like a very nice guy but I highly doubt he would beat Penn in a rematch.

I also expect that Florian could beat him among others.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
It's weird and a little disappointing that Anderson just doesn't seem to care anymore. He just seems bored. He doesn't give a fuck anymore. He doesn't want to finish off fighters. He's the best in the world but he just doesn't care anymore.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »
I was dying from all his clowning until it became clear that Silva wasn't gonna bother finishing.

And yeah, Edgar doesn't really have that aura of invincibility like Penn. Melendez vs Aoki next week is even more interesting now
hi5

Stoney Mason

« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
I thought it was humorous the first time but now its a full blown trend. Dude doesn't want to finish fights anymore and its never good to have a dominant champion who blows off opportunities to finish fights and to actually impress people. If he wants to go box he should go box. 

I've always been a big Silva fan but that is slowly become impossible to be.

Dana White is almost certainly pissed and he has good reason to be.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:58:03 PM by Stoney Mason »

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2010, 05:18:18 PM »
need to set up anderson vs toney just so they can stand in the middle of the ring trying to bait each other into attacking by talking trash neither can  understand.
orl

Skidmark

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »
I think that Anderson understood what the fans didn't like about GSP's fight with Hardy so he tried to take more risks than he usually does to satisfy the fans, but this time he ended up just being disrespectful to his opponent and exhausting himself from dancing.
Acting like a clown isn't really taking risks, fighting your opponent where he is best at is putting your belt at risk for the sake of a more exciting fight.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »
I'm normally the guy who hates conspiracy theory people but I think there is something extra going on here that we as the public aren't seeing. It's like he is in some weird dispute with Dana White where he says fuck it. I'll beat whoever you put in front of me and I'll do it in the least fan friendly way possible while still outclassing my opponent so it hurts your business or something.

I don't know if he's mad about not being able allowed to box by Dana or mad about his choice of opponents or something but it just feels like something extra is going on here.

Skidmark

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
I haven't been following ufc for a very long time to tell if if what you are saying is true or not but just from looking at the fight Anderson seemed to think that this is what the fans wanted to see and was surprised by who the fans reacted in the later rounds.

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »
I think that Anderson understood what the fans didn't like about GSP's fight with Hardy so he tried to take more risks than he usually does to satisfy the fans, but this time he ended up just being disrespectful to his opponent and exhausting himself from dancing.
Acting like a clown isn't really taking risks, fighting your opponent where he is best at is putting your belt at risk for the sake of a more exciting fight.
i doubt he was tired. rogan was just trying to rationalize why he was preforming like that.

i agree, with stoney he clearly has some agenda.
orl

Stoney Mason

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
I think what's common to most combat sports fans is that they like knockouts and people who finish. Probably overly so. It's why somebody like Mike Tyson still casts a shadow over boxing and combat sports in general. You could say the same about Fedor.

And the weird thing is that Silva was right in that mold. Before Cote he had 7 fights in the UFC and they all ended in the 1st or 2nd round. But starting with Cote he started to fight way differently. The old Silva re-emerged in the Griffin fight but that's mainly because Griffin fought a real straight ahead (i.e. dumb) match.

Everybody knows and understands he's way better than these guys which is why it's weird when he stops fighting during a match. He could have easily finished Maia earlier in the fight. But he let off for some reason. That's hard to accept as a fight fan of any kind.

And he didn't let off because he was worried about Maia which would be an understandable situation in most champion/challenger situation. I don't really understand why he let off. And later in the fight he barely threw anything.

That's not why he got so popular and impressed people. He impressed people by finishing them and by being elusive and entertaining. He's dropped the finishing them part which just makes for 5 boring rounds.

It's understandable when you face better competition that they are harder to finish but I don't think anybody has the sense that these guys are challenging for Silva or that he couldn't finish them. He just doesn't for some reason now.

Also that Hughes, Gracie fight was god awful also.      
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:42:54 PM by Stoney Mason »

Skidmark

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
I think what's common to most combat sports fans is that they like knockouts and people who finish. Probably overly so. It's why somebody like Mike Tyson still casts a shadow over boxing and combat sports in general. You could say the same about Fedor.

And the weird thing is that Silva was right in that mold. Before Cote he had 7 fights in the UFC and they all ended in the 1st or 2nd round. But starting with Cote he started to fight way differently. The old Silva re-emerged in the Griffin fight but that's mainly because Griffin fought a real straight ahead (i.e. dumb) match.

Everybody knows and understands he's way better than these guys which is why it's weird when he stops fighting during a match. He could have easily finished Maia earlier in the fight. But he let off for some reason. That's hard to accept as a fight fan of any kind.

And he didn't let off because he was worried about Maia which would be an understandable situation in most champion/challenger situation. I don't really understand why he let off. And later in the fight he barely threw anything.

That's not why he got so popular and impressed people. He impressed people by finishing them and by being elusive and entertaining. He's dropped the finishing them part which just makes for 5 boring rounds.

It's understandable when you face better competition that they are harder to finish but I don't think anybody has the sense that these guys are challenging for Silva or that he couldn't finish them. He just doesn't for some reason now.

Also that Hughes, Gracie fight was god awful also.      
It sounds more likely to be true now that you have explained why you think so, I also felt that Dana over reacted a bit from reading those tweets.
I don't know enough to tell so I will stay neutral but I really hope that it is not true and that there is a better explanation to why he is behaving this way.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »
I don't think anyone of us will know the truth unless we are there for the conversation between the two. I know Silva really wanted to fight Roy Jones and was upset when Dana wouldn't allow it.

Of course it could be anything. Silva could want more money or the chance the bounce around weight divisions or who knows. It could also legit be that for what ever reason he thinks its a good idea to fight the way he's been fighting recently. But from a marketing and money perspective I can certainly say it isn't.

Skidmark

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
check out Dana white's recent tweets if you haven't done so already:
http://twitter.com/danawhite  :lol

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2010, 07:57:50 PM »
sad that the best fight on the card was Grove/Munoz, especially with how much talent was on it. can't believe BJ reverted back into being a lazy unmotivated lump of mass again, he gets complacent way too easy.

I don't think anyone of us will know the truth unless we are there for the conversation between the two. I know Silva really wanted to fight Roy Jones and was upset when Dana wouldn't allow it.

Of course it could be anything. Silva could want more money or the chance the bounce around weight divisions or who knows. It could also legit be that for what ever reason he thinks its a good idea to fight the way he's been fighting recently. But from a marketing and money perspective I can certainly say it isn't.
he could be trying to get out of his contract. possibly the reason he preformed like he did at 101 is because jones was in attendance and he believed the fight had a realistic chance of happening.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:31:29 PM by BamYouHaveAids »
orl

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
Anderson Silva did his Dural from Virtua Fighter thing with Maia, impersonating other fighters.

Anyway, people can bitch on all they want, the guy busted Maia's face and then stopped attacking his face have you noticed that? He felt bad, that he had clowned around so much, and busted this dude's face that had done nothing worth of being disrespected. Regret, pity, that's what made Anderson Silva completely change halfway through.

Give him a real challenge.

« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »
Anderson Silva did his Dural from Virtua Fighter thing with Maia, impersonating other fighters.

Anyway, people can bitch on all they want, the guy busted Maia's face and then stopped attacking his face have you noticed that? He felt bad, that he had clowned around so much, and busted this dude's face that had done nothing worth of being disrespected. Regret, pity, that's what made Anderson Silva completely change halfway through.

don't buy that at all. he continued to taunt until the end of the fourth even though he wasn't engaging. he acted like an ass and deserves criticism.

running away from your opponent a entire round isn't the way to show you want a challenge, beating them decisively is.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:54:36 PM by BamYouHaveAids »
orl

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

don't buy that at all. he continued to taunt until the end of the fourth even though he wasn't engaging. he acted like an ass and deserves criticism.

running away from your opponent a entire round isn't the way to show you want a challenge, beating them decisively is.

The point is, he completely stopped hitting Maia, aside from some "get back" kicks.

He beat Maia decisively, Anderson doesn't have one scratch. Maia had his eye shut and his nose broken. I love how Anderson fights like this are more about "I demand to see Silva kill somebody" and not "I demand to see a fight". Because what did Maia do aside from getting his face fucked up, throw himself on the ground and then at the end go for broke on 2 moments.

Give me a break.

« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

The point is, he completely stopped hitting Maia, aside from some "get back" kicks.

He beat Maia decisively, Anderson doesn't have one scratch. Maia had his eye shut and his nose broken. I love how Anderson fights like this are more about "I demand to see Silva kill somebody" and not "I demand to see a fight". Because what did Maia do aside from getting his face fucked up, throw himself on the ground and then at the end go for broke on 2 moments.

Give me a break.
what point are you arguing? i don't think anyone is saying maia won, just that anderson put on a bad fight and acted like a douche. if you can beat someone beat them, don't just taunt and humiliate them, it's disrespectful and a waste of time.
orl

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »
But he beat him.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »
After all the bullshit spouted about GSP after 111, this event was poor karma for me.  BJ looks like shit, and Anderson Silva throws a fucking temper tantrum like a four year old and just fucking quits after the second round.

By the time the crowd started chanting GSP I was laughing my ass off.
MMA

OptimoPeach

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2010, 04:50:30 AM »
@danawhite you should have built that stadium in russia instead, the best p4p doesn't play around, gas out or disrespect the fans like that.
Dana actually agreed with this tweet :dizzy
hi5

Stoney Mason

« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
Fight Metrics says Penn won. I'll watch the fight this evening.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html