Author Topic: Hip Hop  (Read 714739 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Hip Hop
« Reply #5280 on: March 30, 2020, 07:56:31 PM »

if we talking keys i just moved a piano
#FREEWAX

Cheddahz

« Reply #5281 on: April 08, 2020, 02:36:09 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5282 on: April 10, 2020, 09:30:11 AM »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5284 on: April 30, 2020, 07:08:11 PM »

this lil baby the best trap album in a long time

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5285 on: May 01, 2020, 02:09:05 PM »
toku/pd yall listen to the new Ka yet? I'm strictly streaming/vinyl in 2020, hate buying mp3s and storing them. i'll do what i did for toku's album and buy it and then stream it to support but maaaannnnn :dead

It's good. Gonna sound weird but its like a more somber Sirens. Dude keeps improving, just oof bars right off bat.
The album that is blowing my mind this month:

Dope hip-hop, and some really interesting mixing in rock/emo stuff later in the album.

This is good, Ive actually been hearing it a lot but didn't know who the artist was lol.

With Lil Baby he basically reminds me of a younger Starlito. Like if Starlito had hit big 10-12 years ago. I think Lil Baby is a big fan though he name drops him a bit too. I'm a big big starlito fan lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5286 on: May 02, 2020, 12:27:16 PM »
Remember how when we first heard Jungle off The Night's Gambit we were like yea, THIS is the sound? Ka has been continuing that wave on each of his subsequent albums and I really think the last two (Orpheus as well as Descendants of Cain) are high points for it.

Very good album. I wish someone would donate some time to help him mix levels (beat, vocals, dialogue snippets from movies, etc) but outside of that...this shit is great.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5287 on: May 02, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
Both him and roc have just got better in every area? Like you can tell when you're listening to their earlier stuff. Roc this shows out more but I think it's because we have more work to judge though. I know everyone loves Marcberg and it's great, but 2018-2020 roc marci verses hit different.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5288 on: May 02, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »
Roc never gets the credit he deserves for anything, including for constantly getting better. As a rapper and producer. And sample digger.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5289 on: May 02, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
Don't worry, there's nothing to "blast" on the album lol. It's a rather somber, ethereal soundscape bless up.

Yen Lo is definitely one of my favorite Ka projects, prob top 3. Love how varied the production is. And looking back it was one of my favorite album roll outs. I remember being confused as fuck but super excited when the first teaser dropped...then the first video whew.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5290 on: May 04, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »

whole album

:whoo
:snoop
:tocry

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5291 on: May 08, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »

:bow :bow2

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5292 on: May 08, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »
Had to man up, another man down
Achilles, we stand fast, never stand down
My tool's fire, move quiet, but the plan sound
Born headfirst in that damned land, I want that damn crown
The boys in blue clothes got new holds, new submissions
I give the grey youth straight truth, no euphemisms
Y'all played the dozens, my favorite cousins spent they youth in prisons
They names known, came home, now the house got two religions
Peace be with you, wa alaikum salaam
Make sure that piece be with you, laced in your palm
No one here's linear, danger 'round every bend
On a path for Power, when half a dollar was hated by Many Men

:lawd

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5293 on: May 08, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »
And Doom/Alchemist is the one collab we need before the world turns to complete shit

:whew

In one unreleased verse, Doom steals this beat from Bronson  :lol

Cheddahz

« Reply #5294 on: May 14, 2020, 11:08:13 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5295 on: May 15, 2020, 12:59:30 AM »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5296 on: May 15, 2020, 06:48:21 AM »

Cheddahz

« Reply #5297 on: May 29, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5298 on: May 29, 2020, 06:40:47 PM »
Alfredo is great. So many standout tracks. Alch is on a fucking run brehs.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5299 on: May 31, 2020, 08:02:18 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
rip p
:tocry
[close]

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5300 on: June 02, 2020, 11:24:43 AM »
Alfredo is great. So many standout tracks. Alch is on a fucking run brehs.

While I'm enjoying Alfredo, can we talk about how Freddie Gibbs is simultaneously getting better but subtly falling off at the same time? His flow is better than ever and might go down in hiphop history at the rate he's going, but once you look past that and actually pay attention to what he's saying...it's usually not a whole lot anymore? He'll drop a gem or a nice line every now and then, maybe even get into some introspection at times but for the most part, it's the same double-time non-descript trapper shit. He was always Gangsta Gibbs but it was never this basic. You can tell he's mostly freestyling lately since he's repeating parts of verses within the verse while not necessarily making them hooks or refrains (or not so cleverly trying to do so).

Being backed by both Madlib and Alchemist is one hell of a crutch but when they eventually get too busy to work with him...I dunno brehs because I'll be honest, his recent projects without them get less and less burn as time goes on.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5301 on: June 02, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
I have to agree. Pinata is my favorite rap album of the decade but Bandana, while having some good tracks, doesn't stick with me and it's mostly to due with exactly as you described.

Still need to hear Alfredo.

Enjoyed it, but Bandana was when the decline started becoming glaringly apparent to me. Mainly due to him getting washed by damn near every guest on it. The same happens on Alfredo, honestly.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5302 on: June 02, 2020, 11:46:28 AM »
Unless something comes up in shuffle half mane half cocaine is the only track on Bandana I go back to. It's kinda funny, I feel like Roc Marciano is basically going in the total opposite direction. Every new Roc verse/release I feel like he trims more fat. He's even kinda doing the singy stuff Gibbs plays with better now too imo. If you want bars that just knock most of the time, the best 3 doing it rn are Roc and Conway. Particular a spree that started within the last 2 years or so. Benny is getting there, he's close.

Listen to their 500 ounces verses man. One is rapping, the other is sharing jewels.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5303 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:09 PM »
I feel differently. I'd argue his last couple albums feature a lot of personal, introspective lyricism. I think the thing that's throwing people for a loop is that...he's a scumbag, and I think that may lead you to conclude he isn't rapping about anything when in reality it's moreso "wow this dude is a piece of shit lmao." Funny as hell, super entertaining guy. But when you look at his last three "serious" albums (You Only Live 2wice, Bandana, Alfredo) he has gone from...

1. Expressing gratitude and love for his girlfriend/baby mama supporting him through a bogus overseas rape charge that could have resulted in him being locked up for years

2. Admitting he cheated on her with some stripper, thus imploding the relationship, and knocked said stripper up

3. Showing no remorse for his actions and even joking about it ("Ex won't take me back, without me, the bitch wouldn't have got a ring")

I got no issue with musicians expressing ugly personal things, or nihilism etc etc. I'm no crystal thot but if I was I'd say he has bad energy, brehs. Just...ugly shit. But the music is still dope and I really like Bandana and Alfredo a lot.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5304 on: June 02, 2020, 08:46:48 PM »
I feel differently. I'd argue his last couple albums feature a lot of personal, introspective lyricism. I think the thing that's throwing people for a loop is that...he's a scumbag, and I think that may lead you to conclude he isn't rapping about anything when in reality it's moreso "wow this dude is a piece of shit lmao." Funny as hell, super entertaining guy. But when you look at his last three "serious" albums (You Only Live 2wice, Bandana, Alfredo) he has gone from...

1. Expressing gratitude and love for his girlfriend/baby mama supporting him through a bogus overseas rape charge that could have resulted in him being locked up for years

2. Admitting he cheated on her with some stripper, thus imploding the relationship, and knocked said stripper up

3. Showing no remorse for his actions and even joking about it ("Ex won't take me back, without me, the bitch wouldn't have got a ring")

I got no issue with musicians expressing ugly personal things, or nihilism etc etc. I'm no crystal thot but if I was I'd say he has bad energy, brehs. Just...ugly shit. But the music is still dope and I really like Bandana and Alfredo a lot.

Dunno, breh. I can deal with an artist's scumbaggery (I couldn't mute R. Kelly if I wanted to  :trumps), but Gibbs to me has gotten rather, well...quasi-rappity rap status. Like Esch said, he's rapping his ass off but little of it actually sticks anymore. His verse on 1985 is the only entire verse on Alfredo I can remember at the moment, and that's mainly due to the infectious guitar loop. The moments you mentioned are just fleeting sections between a gang of filler.

I mean, I'm still a fan but I can't ignore it anymore. I kept Baby Shit on repeat (that beat  :whoo) and all I can remember Gibbs saying is "Doja Cat, byke byke"

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5305 on: June 04, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »
 :trumps

There are times when it feels like Freddie is rapping to rap but man...yall not fucking with Skinny Suge or Scottie Beam lyrically? In terms of songs that are rappity rap shit...where is the filler on Baby Shit? That's just some dope shit talk.

Yea Roc is the better rapper but then again Roc is better than just about everyone.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5306 on: June 06, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »
:trumps

There are times when it feels like Freddie is rapping to rap but man...yall not fucking with Skinny Suge or Scottie Beam lyrically? In terms of songs that are rappity rap shit...where is the filler on Baby Shit? That's just some dope shit talk.

Yea Roc is the better rapper but then again Roc is better than just about everyone.

Scottie Beam is cool but Baby Shit is exactly what I'm talking about. Once you get past how he's flowing to the beat, he's not saying anything worth a damn, not even for braggadocious rap standards. Breh out here rhyming massage seats with massage seats after naming a whole song Massage Seats on Bandana  :dead He's either rushing/freestyling these verses or running out of gas. Either way, it's becoming apparent now.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5307 on: June 06, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5308 on: June 07, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »

Elucid went the fuck off on this album  :whew

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5309 on: June 07, 2020, 11:33:04 PM »
yeah shrines is it

in this sidescroller 8bit bullet hell im patient

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5310 on: June 16, 2020, 11:49:15 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5311 on: June 20, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »

Cheddahz

« Reply #5312 on: June 21, 2020, 09:19:40 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5313 on: July 22, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »

:aah
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5314 on: July 23, 2020, 09:37:19 AM »
How did I only discover Tommy Wright III so many years later. What a legend
What

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5315 on: July 23, 2020, 09:39:41 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5316 on: July 24, 2020, 03:44:45 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5317 on: August 21, 2020, 10:28:27 PM »
New Nas album is great.

Beezy

« Reply #5318 on: September 12, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »

I've slept on Griselda for too long. I'm loving this Conway album.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5319 on: October 18, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »
What

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #5320 on: October 22, 2020, 04:56:34 AM »

Open Mike Eagle - Death Parade

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5321 on: October 26, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »

for gawdz only  :pimp

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #5322 on: October 26, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »

Gangsta Boo was done dirty by the censoring. This track is still so good. Simps best not listen

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5323 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:07 AM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #5324 on: December 01, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
An older track, but I always love that line at the end of verse two about best friends becoming strangers

Nas - The Message

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5326 on: May 04, 2021, 03:22:02 PM »
What