Author Topic: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle  (Read 1021162 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle
« Reply #6660 on: October 23, 2019, 08:49:47 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1129550/edataconsulting_VR_Office/

Welcome to edataconsulting offices!
We have the pleasure to invite you to take a virtual visit to our office at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Take your VR device and wander around our second home.
We have modeled our facilities for you to learn a bit more about us and get to know a bit about the projects we carry out.

- Move around freely using the controllers from your VR device to teleport or walk around naturally if you have a big room scale available.
- Enjoy the wonderful sights of the port from our city and discover an experience very close to reality with some hidden Easter Eggs.
- Interact with the environment, see what we are working on by checking our computers or take notes with the markers on the whiteboards.
- Reach the meeting room to play a video of our AR space planner tool on the big screen. Also, use the computer in the VR area to experience our project Indus-VR. Yes! VR inside of VR.
- Find the playroom and use physics to interact with the environment.

Don't worry, there is a little tutorial at the beginning and even if you are new to VR experiences, you will get the grip of everything very quickly.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

benjipwns

« Reply #6662 on: October 25, 2019, 12:02:23 AM »
They updated the Beta so now you can remove all those F2P games and anything else from your library AND account if you want just by right-clicking. I got rid of a bunch of demos from like 2008.

You cannot accidentally do this to paid games in your account, only free ones and stuff like it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6665 on: October 25, 2019, 11:24:26 PM »
Pleasepleaseplease do a Panzer Dragoon Remake also
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6666 on: October 26, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/status/1186528263985946624

Ubisoft leaves, EA comes back.

Why don't they just stop their carousal of failing clients and "just sell their shit on Steam already"™?
https://twitter.com/EA/status/1187828019106238464

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6667 on: October 26, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »
Ok. Even the big bad empire gave me a chuckle with that tweet.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst pls

benjipwns

« Reply #6668 on: October 26, 2019, 11:55:34 PM »
I assume they're coming back with the back catalog, they've been on GOG for ages. New games will probably still require Origin, then as they fade from view, get tossed on Steam and GOG?

One thing I think is funny is that Battlefield 2 is not on Origin, and the disk codes won't activate AND certain versions of the disks don't install because of that stupid Windows check that fails on 10. But I have it on Steam and can install it there.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #6669 on: October 27, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
I assume they're coming back with the back catalog, they've been on GOG for ages. New games will probably still require Origin, then as they fade from view, get tossed on Steam and GOG?

One thing I think is funny is that Battlefield 2 is not on Origin, and the disk codes won't activate AND certain versions of the disks don't install because of that stupid Windows check that fails on 10. But I have it on Steam and can install it there.

that mostly because gamespy going down took down the multiplayer (even though you can still play it with BF2hub but shh don't tell EA). If you ask in origin chat they should add it to your account. i had them add my disk copy some years back
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #6670 on: October 27, 2019, 05:00:21 PM »

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6672 on: October 30, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »
Buy KGen for $29.99 and we'll throw in some free roms.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #6673 on: October 30, 2019, 09:07:58 PM »
Steam library updated and noooo, do not like this new vertical game banners look. Any way to switch it back to horizontal?

*edit* this is a really ugly update for those of us that like compact slick clean libraries :(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:20:37 PM by Bebpo »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #6674 on: October 31, 2019, 12:52:03 AM »
Took me forever to find out how to view by installed only
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #6675 on: October 31, 2019, 12:59:04 AM »
Took me forever to find out how to view by installed only

Yep, first thing I did.

benjipwns

« Reply #6676 on: October 31, 2019, 01:59:28 PM »
For anyone else wondering, it's the little play button here:

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6677 on: October 31, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »
if you click the clock icon next to it and delete the stupid shelves off it looks ok I guess, but somewhat of a downgrade. I am ok with the newsfeed at top, but not seeing a way to sort that at all (imagine it's weighted towards recently played stuff).

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6678 on: October 31, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »
thank you benji

Bebpo

« Reply #6679 on: October 31, 2019, 04:19:37 PM »
You can get rid of the what's new banner (it annoys me) by just clicking ALL and having installed only clicked:

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6680 on: November 01, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
This new update is a bloated mess.
Hi

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:53:49 AM by D3RANG3D »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6685 on: November 09, 2019, 06:38:04 AM »

BF2, 1942, and 2142 were on Origin for a while. I have them from when Origin launched.

The only older title that wasn't there was Vietnam, I think. And 1942's expansions. But BF2 included all it's expansions, and 2142 didn't have expansions (IIRC) so it was complete.

You can still play 2142 and BF2 online. But through two different "services," since Revive/Battlelog.co was shutdown. I should get around to getting that working since it's probably going to be forever before EA puts BF3/4 up on Steam.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6689 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »
Only trust your fists, police will never help you.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #6690 on: November 10, 2019, 07:33:36 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1015730/Apostle/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6691 on: November 11, 2019, 01:30:22 PM »
What the FUCK did Valve do to Steam? Steam needed fixing, but it feels like Valve took a fucking baseball bat to it to teach us a lesson for bitchin’.
serge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6692 on: November 11, 2019, 01:50:38 PM »
What? You don't like your redundant shelf of 'boxart' right next to a perfectly functional list?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6693 on: November 11, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »

[close]

lol

When I scrolled down the page I thought it said the dev name was "kimochi" and I was like "give me a fuckin break  :lol"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6694 on: November 11, 2019, 03:42:15 PM »
kimochi warui
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6695 on: November 11, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »

[close]

lol

When I scrolled down the page I thought it said the dev name was "kimochi" and I was like "give me a fuckin break  :lol"

Is that Bob's Game, formerly for Nintendo DS?  :brain
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6696 on: November 11, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »
MOST HELPFUL REVIEWS  IN THE PAST DAY

Youmu Konpaku
127 products in account
21 reviews

Recommended
2.1 hrs on record (1.9 hrs at review time)
POSTED: NOVEMBER 10
As usual, let's get the obvious thing out of the way, Apostle is an 'eroge' not just a 'galge' it's a straight out 'eroge'. This means if you're allergic to lewds, don't be rude, just be good and run away from here dude. Eroge, means erotic + game, erotic game. From that alone you know this isn't going to be your standard 'protagonist meets comrades and save the world' type of RPG'. It's going to be the 'protagonist meets comrades, specifically females, fooks their brains out, then they save the world' type of RPG. So if you're the puritan who thinks erotic drawings are the work of the devil... then git out....

I will be honest here, I haven't finished the game yet so take this review with a grain of salt. If you checked my playtime I've only played this game for under two hours. However, I'm rushing this review because I believe my experience is enough for me to form an opinion about this game, and to be more specific, a recommendation. This review will of course be a little biased, as I am a believer that no review is ever purely objective. It's always dependent on how the experience of the person playing it went. With that said, let's get into it.

Let us start with the least important part of any eroge... the plot. Many people will always tell you "a good game should find a good harmony between game play and plot" sadly that's just not true when it comes to these eroges. Sure a good plot is always welcome but... let's face it, you come to play an eroge either to get hard or to get wet and a good plot might get you excited but hardly ever will it get you aroused. Plot just isn't the main focus in this genre. Anyway, eroges are usually set in a medieval version of an alternate world. The medieval era is always a good setting for these kinds of games because in that era society rules aren't set in stone just yet. So, more often than not, your protagonist will always be some sort of knight or magician travelling the medieval landscape in search of brave companions. However, Apostle instead sets its story in a more modern time in an alternate world. In fact, I would say it's in sometime in a distant future as the technology they're using seem exceed ours by a huge margin. Basically, you're a student, living a normal life, until monsters from another dimension invade your world through portals/gates that suddenly just materialize out of thin air. After your first encounter with them, you lose many of your friends before you awaken to your power as an 'apostle'. With your new found power you take a stand and fight, but being new to your powers, and being level 1 which I suspect was the bigger problem, you lose and faint. When you wake up you become a part of a group which makes it their life mission to combat these monsters and safe guard the earth. You then vow to destroy all of those monsters in the name of your fallen friends yada yada. That's about it, that's the plot. Nothing too interesting, but enough to get you going. The biggest hook in the plot though is that you're given a number of romance options and the story they make as you court them are quite entertaining.

Gameplay~! Turn based like most eroges! There were some changes made to make it more... "unique". Attack is still attack, but magic was turned into "adam", and your skills were turned into whatever name your "attribute" is. By the way "attribute" in this game, for some reason is the weapon the character is imbued with. Your character is imbued by the power of the ogre slayer~ a.k.a. the "Onikirimaru". So, if you leveled a skill up, and you can't find that skill in battle, it's probably under the tab "onikirimaru". Anyway, you level up to become stronger, and as you level up you gain AP which you use to gain new skills, which all take TP to use. This is the biggest problem I ahve with this game, the TP system which is an attribute different from SP which the game also has. Normally you'd want to use your most powerful skills at the start to clear mobs, but since you start with a low TP, this isn't possible so most of the time it takes longer to kill mobs... which is a problem.

Normally in an eroge mobs are your friends~! This is because, usually an eroge will let you play as the most beautiful girl in the game (or at least most beautiful girl according to the developer's fetish, which hopefully coincides with yours too). Also, usually when you lose your character gets placed into uhh... rather delicious situations, delicious for you, probably pretty horrible for the character... unless she's already broken and she likes to shove it inside her pu GAAAHHHHH I'M GETTING SIDETRACKED! Anyway, this is a game where you're a male, and immediately it doesn't seem to be too appetizing to lose now does it? As I said, this is a huge problem because the game uses the old 'final fantasy' system where you randomly fight enemies while walking! In other eroges you see the enemies walking around and if you want to fight them, you just bump against them, here, whether you like it or not you're bound to fight at least 10 of them before you reach the boss, and that can be tiring.

Artwork~! It's ♥♥♥♥.... Okay fine.... I'm being biased.... You see I'm a 19 year old girl who failed miserably in growing.... If someone told me "that place was so flat an airplane can land safely on there" I'd probably show a poker face while crying inside, secretly asking satan himself to drag that person to hell while his deek is being eaten by cerberus who hopefully isn't one of those monster girls so he doesn't find it pleasurable! The breasts in this game are just too... damn... big! I mean, they're super exaggerated! You can't tell me a woman my age can have the breasts the size of bowling balls and not have back problems! That's just impossible! I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANY EXISTENCE OF SUCH! So yeah, I say that the general art design is ♥♥♥♥! SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT! **Angry washboard noises** However~ there was one character named "Kenshin Takeda". Obviously best girl! She single handedly encouraged me to make this review.

This game has many quests which can be as boring as finding diet pills for some slvt, or as interesting as... well i haven't actually found an interesting quest but, finding quests can lead you to special events, like maybe see a certain girl in a loin cloth. Obviously the fun to be had in this game are to be found in travelling the overworld and increasing your "love points" with the girls in your party. It's certainly more entertaining than grinding in the dungeon... well I guess you're still grinding, just in a more pleasurable way.

Soooo let's add it up

Standard Plot: 6/10
Standard but Grindy gameplay: 5/10
Great Artwork: 8/10
Overly exaggerated breasts: 1/10
Takeda Kenshin: 100/10
That's an average of 24/10~! It totally gets a recommendation from me!

"if you're allergic to lewds, don't be rude"
:bolo
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #6697 on: November 11, 2019, 04:22:20 PM »
 :uguu :expert

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6698 on: November 11, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »
So yeah, I say that the general art design is ♥♥♥♥! SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT! **Angry washboard noises** However~ there was one character named "Kenshin Takeda". Obviously best girl! She single handedly encouraged me to make this review.

:jgames
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #6699 on: November 12, 2019, 06:52:54 AM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6700 on: November 12, 2019, 07:49:14 PM »
STAND AGAINST ALL OPPRESSION

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6701 on: November 12, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »
rip benjipwns
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #6702 on: November 12, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »
D3RANGED: AyyMD or Intel for next-gen console-like performance? I've had a few people saying AMD, but I've been an Intel person all my life, so I'm seeking a 3-5th opinion to break my "ew, AMD... I'd be a treasonous bastard defecting from Intel" feeling.

AMD would be cheaper and probably last longer in the long-run than the i9-9900 or whatever that is 16 theads. But I'm not 100% on board with it just yet.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #6703 on: November 12, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
I was very skeptical cause AMD was a joke forever, but nope go for AMD.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6704 on: November 13, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »
For single core performance, Intel is still king (if going for high end consumer CPU at least). So if you care a lot about high refresh rates and so on, go Intel. But at the moment, it just isn't a terribly great deal. I am extremely pleased with how my 3900x is performing. I got it semi late, due to shortage, so I dont know how it was before the bios updates, apparently it was a bit rough. But works well now, even if it struggles to get advertised clocks most of the time.

Dont think I ever before had a computer with AMD cpu, maybe the very first family pc we had. Well had ATI cards, but before AMD takeover. Quite happy with the switch to AMD from Intel now

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6705 on: November 13, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
3000 series was a bit of a mess pre-September but it's solid now with the abba BIOS. I've got a 3600 and it's doing work in basically any game I throw at it, which is real nice for a $200 CPU (less than that in most places now).

thisismyusername

« Reply #6706 on: November 13, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »
Well, someone recommended the 3700 on Reddit, but I've never been an AMD person so I'm not 100% on-board with it. But if you guys are saying it's good value, then I guess that forces my hand and I'm going AMD this cycle.

Thank you. :-[

Nuitangg

« Reply #6707 on: November 13, 2019, 11:56:14 AM »
I've been pretty happy with the 3700X.  If it lasts as long as my 3570K did that would be great.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

TVC15

« Reply #6709 on: November 13, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »
Can any of you thalidomide babies explain HDR on Windows 10 to me? I have a compatible display and GPU. I just want some deets.

1) So HDR is system level. Does that mean all games automatically support it if you enable it, or does a game have to implement it specifically like on consoles? With the system-level toggle, are there games that also have an in-game toggle, and if so do both of them need to be on or one or the other or is this the confusing Windows disaster that it probably is?
2) How big of a perf hit are we talking? Can I just leave HDR turned on all the time at the system level or do I have to worry about GPU burnout or taxation or some shit.

Basically, should I be using this? Photos and high quality pics of paintings are just so much better looking. And It feels las though it’s not like 3D or most other visual gimmicks where my eyes adjust after a few minutes and It makes no difference in the end. But if the perf considerations are uggo I’ll consider abandoning it.
serge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6711 on: November 13, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »
Can any of you thalidomide babies explain HDR on Windows 10 to me? I have a compatible display and GPU. I just want some deets.

1) So HDR is system level. Does that mean all games automatically support it if you enable it, or does a game have to implement it specifically like on consoles? With the system-level toggle, are there games that also have an in-game toggle, and if so do both of them need to be on or one or the other or is this the confusing Windows disaster that it probably is?
2) How big of a perf hit are we talking? Can I just leave HDR turned on all the time at the system level or do I have to worry about GPU burnout or taxation or some shit.

Basically, should I be using this? Photos and high quality pics of paintings are just so much better looking. And It feels las though it’s not like 3D or most other visual gimmicks where my eyes adjust after a few minutes and It makes no difference in the end. But if the perf considerations are uggo I’ll consider abandoning it.

I think it's definitely a per game implementation kinda thing in terms of quality? I've heard good things about it in Gears and Modern Warfare though.

thisismyusername

« Reply #6712 on: November 14, 2019, 07:45:19 AM »
I think the HDR setting is only for the Operating System (Windows). I don't think there's anything "global" in settings that games take beyond resolution size (to automatically try to make native resolution generally) and drivers/information for the graphics card. I don't think there's a global setting for like anti-aliasing, RTX, etc. that games use as a "oh this computer uses this!" thing.

I don't think HDR is a huge performance hit compared to RTX and other stuff, but it really depends on the game(s) and how they implemented their method of it.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6713 on: November 14, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
low level trash, but the name of the game amuses me

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158660/I_DONT_HATE_HENTAI_PUZZLES/

TVC15

« Reply #6714 on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »
I think the HDR setting is only for the Operating System (Windows). I don't think there's anything "global" in settings that games take beyond resolution size (to automatically try to make native resolution generally) and drivers/information for the graphics card. I don't think there's a global setting for like anti-aliasing, RTX, etc. that games use as a "oh this computer uses this!" thing.

I don't think HDR is a huge performance hit compared to RTX and other stuff, but it really depends on the game(s) and how they implemented their method of it.

It’s definitely for games, too. It says it right by the option, and Disco Elysium looks obviously better with it. It didn’t strike me as a game that could afford something like supporting HDR. Fuck, even Windows looks nicer with it on.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6715 on: November 14, 2019, 10:00:12 PM »
I think some games won't even give you the option if you don't have it in windows? I think MW works like that. I remember reading someone say they missed it during sp playthrough because it was like that.

TVC15

« Reply #6716 on: November 14, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »
Hmmm, well, I really like the effect. Do you know of any good games that have really good HDR?
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #6717 on: November 14, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_high_dynamic_range_display_(HDR)

The only games I've ever heard anybody mention it about are Hitman and then certain maps on Star Wars Battlefront II are apparently pretty sweet. I guess some of the games can be really wonky where entire objects exist outside of the HDR and so stand out like the one interactive object on a prerendered screen, Resident Evil 7 apparently has this problem.

At one point HDR errors like this were more noticeable in PC games because of the higher resolution, on console you wouldn't notice them. Like Ass Creed got lots of HDR hype on consoles and then on PC people were like "meh, it's only on certain stuff" though some of these could have been since patched.

MW definitely sounds like a great HDR showcase though, even Giant Bomb was talking about how great it looked so they were playing it on the one HDR monitor they had even though they can't record it for videos.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6718 on: November 15, 2019, 04:24:43 PM »
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #6719 on: November 15, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »