Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2046417 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #660 on: April 22, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
bleeping the name doesn't make sense but I can understand censoring his face.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #661 on: April 22, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
They didn't just bleep a name and censor a face. They also bleeped Kyle's entire final speech.
CBG

« Reply #662 on: April 22, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »

Why? There is no reason to bleep ANYTHING. It's hypocritical that on an episode mocking Jesus, Buddha etc. (and Tom Cruise :smug) Muhammed gets special treatment just because some assholes threatened CC and Parker/Stone with violence. It totally defeats the purpose.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #663 on: April 22, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
Why? There is no reason to bleep ANYTHING. It's hypocritical that on an episode mocking Jesus, Buddha etc. (and Tom Cruise :smug) Muhammed gets special treatment just because some assholes threatened CC and Parker/Stone with violence. It totally defeats the purpose.
They shouldn't do it because of threats of violence, but even muslim art censors the face since muslims see any depiction of him as a pretty big step towards idolatry and wouldn't really be able to watch the show even if they know that it's  not meant in such a way (at least if they were as religious as I was).  Ideally, they would have just censored the face but made fun of Islam much more.  It makes no sense to cut the speech at the end.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #664 on: April 22, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
They shouldn't do it because of threats of violence, but even muslim art censors the face since muslims see any depiction of him as a pretty big step towards idolatry and wouldn't really be able to watch the show even if they know that it's  not meant in such a way (at least if they were as religious as I was).  Ideally, they would have just censored the face but made fun of Islam much more.  It makes no sense to cut the speech at the end.

That's so nice of muslim artists to censor depictions of mohammed, since they are muslim. Way to push that belief onto everyone
jon

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #665 on: April 22, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
Well when watching it, I did think the huge black censorship bars were the joke.  It's also obvious that they pulled punches wrt insulting islam.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #666 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
They had Buddha snorting coke in Episode 200. But Muhammad in a fucking BEAR SUIT resulted in death threats?
CBG

etiolate

« Reply #667 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »
jesus yelling at buddha made for the best parts

ManaByte

« Reply #668 on: April 22, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
jesus yelling at buddha made for the best parts

But where are the death threats over that?
CBG

etiolate

« Reply #669 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
christians and buddhists are getting uncircumcised pussy

helps relieve the jihad

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #670 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:15 AM »
Christians are pussies, people just laugh at their puny threats so they don't even bother any more.
Drunk

« Reply #671 on: April 23, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
They had Buddha snorting coke in Episode 200. But Muhammad in a fucking BEAR SUIT resulted in death threats?

Yeah, but Buddhists are pretty chill people. At least in comparison to extremist Muhhamed dick suckers.

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #672 on: April 23, 2010, 01:53:35 AM »
I've done some work at a local Muslim school and they are all a lot more cool and open minded than every single Evangelical Christian I have ever known.

« Reply #673 on: April 23, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
I've done some work at a local Muslim school and they are all a lot more cool and open minded than every single Evangelical Christian I have ever known.

So does that excuse the actions of the countless extremist groups who still bow towards Mecca or whatever the fuck? I don't see the point of this post. Evangelical Christians aren't threatening to kill people over them making fun of Jesus for the umpteenth time.

Cheebs

« Reply #674 on: April 23, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
No but they are extremists not the overall religion, this thread started drifting into vague over the top anti-Muslim rhetoric

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #675 on: April 23, 2010, 02:04:32 AM »
tonight's episode of flashforward was really good.

So does that excuse the actions of the countless extremist groups who still bow towards Mecca or whatever the fuck? I don't see the point of this post. Evangelical Christians aren't threatening to kill people over them making fun of Jesus for the umpteenth time.
FTR, I'm not defending the death threats.

I'm just saying that it would have been better if they actually tried to accommodate one practice in the religion while at the same time trying harder to make fun of the religion and it's practitioners.  Most of the muslims I know wouldn't have a problem with South Park making fun of their religion but they wouldn't feel comfortable if it shows the prophet's face.

« Reply #676 on: April 23, 2010, 02:06:26 AM »
This isn't a fuck Muslims thread, though. And no one is saying fuck Muslims. In fact I'd rather say fuck America for still bending over backwards to accommodate these extremist assholes when we're supposed to be combating terrorism.

Cheebs

« Reply #677 on: April 23, 2010, 02:13:53 AM »
This isn't a fuck Muslims thread, though. And no one is saying fuck Muslims. In fact I'd rather say fuck America for still bending over backwards to accommodate these extremist assholes when we're supposed to be combating terrorism.
Hello Sean Hannity. Welcome to Evilbore. :smug

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #678 on: April 23, 2010, 02:16:50 AM »
I say fuck Muslims.

oh wait we lost the hot one :'(
AMC

« Reply #679 on: April 23, 2010, 02:17:20 AM »
There's a difference between being a Republitard and fighting terrorism. I didn't know being "down with terrorism" was the mark of a true liberal douchenozzle. :spin

Cheebs

« Reply #680 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:49 AM »
Being a hardcore Muslim opposed to south parks thing (which I think is dumb to make threats over) has nothing to do with being a terrorist though.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #681 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:59 AM »
I don't know if I've posted about it, but

Party Down is on Netflix and is mostly great.
püp

« Reply #682 on: April 23, 2010, 02:19:52 AM »
Being a hardcore Muslim opposed to south parks thing (which I think is dumb to make threats over) has nothing to do with being a terrorist though.

What the fuck are you talking about? Threatening violence to get others to do what you want is terrorism.

Sorry, Cheebs, but you sound like a fucking bleeding heart moron this time :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:30 AM »

You're a fucking moron.  In America, there's this thing called freedom of speech.  South Park has made fun of every faith and Jesus is even a featured character.  In America, people don't make exceptions just because a distinguished mentally-challenged, stone age group of fanatics get butthurt if they show a cartoon version of a pedophile.
PS4

Cheebs

« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:37 AM »
The people who tried to kill that cartoonist? terrorists. People sending complaint letters to comedy central? eh not so much. Doesn't make them right though. But they aren't terrorists or whatever.

« Reply #685 on: April 23, 2010, 02:24:20 AM »
The people who tried to kill that cartoonist? terrorists. People sending complaint letters to comedy central? eh not so much

Except these people basically threatened Trey and Stone and anyone who works at Comedy Central. They said they were going to end up just like Theo Van Gogh, someone who was also killed by extremist douchebags, if they aired an image of Muhammed. This isn't just a bunch of old grannies writing angry letters about Janet Jackson's tits.

Cheebs

« Reply #686 on: April 23, 2010, 02:25:53 AM »
The people who tried to kill that cartoonist? terrorists. People sending complaint letters to comedy central? eh not so much

Except these people basically threatened Trey and Stone and anyone who works at Comedy Central. They said they were going to end up just like Theo Van Gogh, someone who was also killed by extremist douchebags, if they aired an image of Muhammed. This isn't just a bunch of old grannies writing angry letters about Janet Jackson's tits.
If you think every single Muslim who complained made over the top death threats you are crazy. Cc should have shown it but you are making far too many assumptions about a very large and broad religion.

« Reply #687 on: April 23, 2010, 02:26:31 AM »
When did I say every one?

Cheebs, leave this thread, man. You are gonna make me go Willco on you. :lol

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2010, 02:28:55 AM »
You're a fucking moron.  In America, there's this thing called freedom of speech.  South Park has made fun of every faith and Jesus is even a featured character.  In America, people don't make exceptions just because a distinguished mentally-challenged, stone age group of fanatics get butthurt if they show a cartoon version of a pedophile.
I'm not saying it's objectively bad if they show his face.

Cheebs

« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »
They didn't even show his face, it was a bear costume.

« Reply #690 on: April 23, 2010, 02:31:40 AM »
No, it was a huge black bar with the word "censored" on it. Just like the last time they tried to show Muhammed, when CC pussied out too :'(

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #691 on: April 23, 2010, 02:33:28 AM »
I'm not saying it's objectively bad if they show his face.

You're still making excuses for fundie nutjobs.  GTFO of America, freedom-hater.
PS4

Cheebs

« Reply #692 on: April 23, 2010, 02:34:15 AM »
No, it was a huge black bar with the word "censored" on it. Just like the last time they tried to show Muhammed, when CC pussied out too :'(
who was the bear costume then?

« Reply #693 on: April 23, 2010, 02:34:36 AM »
And take Cheebs with you :usacry

Seriously, I don't care what party you identify with, but making excuses and accepting this kind of shit isn't helping anyone.

Cheebs

« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2010, 02:35:30 AM »
And take Cheebs with you :usacry

Seriously, I don't care what party you identify with, but making excuses and accepting this kind of shit isn't helping anyone.
I support mocking muhaahamammamamd like any religious figure   8)

« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2010, 02:35:42 AM »

An imposter. It was a fake-out before they showed the real Muhammed. There's even a line of dialogue where someone says "if you guys think that's actually Muhammed under there you're morons" or some such.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:04 AM »

Santa Claus.
PS4

« Reply #697 on: April 23, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
Community did an episode-long parody of Goodfellas, only all the criminal shit replaced by skimming chicken fingers from the school cafeteria. Somehow it is brilliant. :lol

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #698 on: April 23, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
New Fringe was awesome! I hope we don't get another stupid hiatus before the finale.
Drunk

« Reply #699 on: April 23, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
Holy shit, John Stewart tore the Revolution Muslim people apart on his show last night :bow

OptimoPeach

« Reply #700 on: April 23, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
New Fringe was awesome! I hope we don't get another stupid hiatus before the finale.
I think the past few weeks are probably the best stretch of the show so far.

And yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen such fucked up scheduling
hi5

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2010, 07:04:35 AM »
I started watching Deadwood and it's a really beautiful show.  I just watched the episode where
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hickok got shot
[close]
and it makes you feel like your living there.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2010, 07:54:39 AM »

I think I'm a little behind but I just saw the "white tulip" episode and was all :omg at the end.  It was awesome.

« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »
Does anyone watch the Funny or Die show and actually dig it, outside a handful of great sketches (Father and Son :-*)? I have a feeling this thing won't last very long, and it's a shame they can't seem to bring better material. I didn't expect the website content to be tons funnier/better produced than what they're broadcasting on HBO, but alas... :'(

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2010, 01:43:43 AM »
Good to hear Fringe is holding up, I think I watched too many episodes in too short a time that I started noticing all of it's weird ticks, but I still want to catch back up with it.
___

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2010, 02:32:15 AM »
Next episode of Fringe appears to be a noirish musical murder mystery.
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:14 AM »
"The entire area of my asscrack is one gigantic throb.  I have no idea what transpires in there."

"Shall I suck your prick?"

"Please."

Deadwood has amazing dialog.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #707 on: April 25, 2010, 02:48:15 AM »
Speaking of Fringe, anyone watch the latest episode of The Pacific?

One of the main characters was banging the crap out of Olivia, it was hot
[close]
___

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Fringe's Olivia is hot in a girl-next-door kind of way. She gets bonus sexy points when you watch the "Making Of..."  sequences and her Aussie accent comes out.

Beezy

« Reply #709 on: April 26, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »
I watched the first 2 seasons of Dexter last week. Amazing show thanks to Dexter himself. I love his character.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #710 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:02 PM »
Last Friday I finished 24: Season 1. Good shit, damn at that being the first silent countdown. I start season 2 tomorrow :hyper
Boo

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
Last Friday I finished 24: Season 1. Good shit, damn at that being the first silent countdown. I start season 2 tomorrow :hyper

Yeah its a great first season and was pretty revolutionary at the time. It is never that "fresh" again but its still enjoyable and there are other memorable moments in the later seasons.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #712 on: April 27, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »
Watching True Blood season 2. Should be able to power through it pretty quickly but I've forgotten everything that happened in the first season.

Robo

« Reply #713 on: April 27, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »
Newest episode of Breaking Bad was :rock

'bout time the show got back on track.
obo

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #714 on: April 27, 2010, 02:51:22 AM »
yeah that episode was really good.  Walts new sidekick rocks.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #715 on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:24 AM »
the RV  :'(
[close]
___

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #716 on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:58 AM »
Yes, that episode was fucking awesome.

"May his death satisfy you."
[close]

I got chills.
AMC

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #717 on: April 27, 2010, 04:47:21 AM »
Loved it!

I assumed the sidekick was there to learn Walt's secrets, so Walt could be fed to the brothers at sunset.
[close]
brb

ManaByte

« Reply #718 on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »
CBG

« Reply #719 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »
What is South Park scared of? That should probably read Comedy Central.