Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781106 times)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1080 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
I saw a chick with a huge one the other day - why dont they just shave them off?  I dont get it.

I read this before the link it related to, and assumed it must be another EB cheeseburger post.

Holy mackerel, Madonna's daughter must be hairy as all get-out.
http://www.womenwithmustaches.com/?id=0.1

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Bebpo

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1081 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »
Wait, so the main characters in those Kingdom Hearts game are different people?  I thought they were all Sora.   ???  (Only played the original game)

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

KH1 = sora lead
KH CoM = sora lead
KH2 = roxas lead for 2-3 hours, sora lead
KH DS = roxas lead
KH BBS = some dude who looks like roxas lead

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]TwWU3Sh6XvM[/youtube]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:wtf
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Wait, so in the new Halloween Michael Myers is some absolutely non-threatening looking Harry Knowles guy and then it's all the dream of a psycho girl who is going to become one of the four horsemen of death?

She dies, thats her carriage to take her away. Peace, etc.
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1085 on: January 05, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »
KH1 = sora lead
KH CoM = sora lead
KH2 = roxas lead for 2-3 hours, sora lead
KH DS = roxas lead
KH BBS = some dude who looks like roxas lead

Roxas (ロクサス Rokusasu?) is the Nobody of Sora.[55] The character's voice actors are Koki Uchiyama and Jesse McCartney in Japanese and English respectively.[11][14] Xemnas found him in Twilight Town and gave him the epithet, "Key of Destiny" (めぐりあう鍵 Meguriau Kagi?, lit. "Serendipitous Key"), using him to gather hearts for the Organization. Prior to the release of Kingdom Hearts II, screenshots and video showed Roxas without an Organization coat, in a black outfit with a white jacket and light brown pants. Roxas controls Samurai Nobodies and initially uses a single Keyblade in battle. He can manipulate the power of light to augment his physical attacks and create energy-based melee weapons and barriers.[7] After his absorption of Xion, Roxas inherits her Keyblade and becomes capable of wielding two Keyblades, Oathkeeper and Oblivion, which symbolize Sora's bond to Riku and Kairi it also represents his promise to Xion to stop the Orgination XIII and her death.[56] Roxas' backstory and his joining of Organization XIII were further explored in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.[57] Roxas first appeared in "Another Side, Another Story", a bonus trailer found in Kingdom Hearts, and is mentioned in several cryptic comments made by other Organization members in Chain of Memories.

Unlike the other Organization members, Roxas lacks memories of his previous life, due to the short time Sora had spent as a Heartless. During Roxas' time in the Organization, he is placed under Axel's watch, and they eventually become friends. After Axel is sent to Castle Oblivion, Roxas is entrusted with Xion, another Keyblade wielder, whom he befriended before he fell into a month-long coma at the same time Naminé begins to restore Sora's memory. Awakening and attempting to spend time with his friends, Roxas begins to react to Sora's memory restoration as he starts to question why he uses the Keyblade and doubt the Organization's motives. When he discovers that Xion is a Replica of Sora created by Xemnas, Roxas is compelled to defect from Organization XIII to find answers and hopefully meet Sora. After doing so, he encounters Xion, who tries to attack and absorb him so that she would become the "real" Sora; however, Roxas defeats her and absorbs her essence. The death of his friend, coupled with full knowledge of how evil and deranged Xemnas truly is, only strengthens Roxas' resolve as he decides to take out Xemnas himself. However, Roxas is attacked by a large number of Neoshadows as Riku arrives to assist him before fighting him. Though Roxas initially has the upper hand, Riku releases the darkness in his heart and knocks Roxas unconscious.

Afterward, Riku takes him to Ansem the Wise, who places Roxas in a digital replica of Twilight Town. Knowing that the Organization was searching for Roxas, Ansem erases Roxas' memory and implants false ones to hinder them. While there, Roxas begins to see memories of Sora's adventures in dreams, and also encounters Axel, sent by the Organization to either rescue or kill him, and Naminé, who reveals the truth about his existence and connection to Sora. Eventually, Roxas is led to the old mansion by Ansem, where he makes his way to the basement and sees Donald and Goofy sleeping in suspended animation. When he reaches the room where Sora is being kept, Roxas rejoins with Sora.[58] Sora later learns the truth about Roxas after most of the Organization is defeated.[59] Roxas makes two appearances near the end of the game. The first is a battle with Sora, and the second is with Naminé before escaping from the Castle That Never Was.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
ど助平

M3wThr33

« Reply #1086 on: January 05, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »
Wait, so the main characters in those Kingdom Hearts game are different people?  I thought they were all Sora.   ???  (Only played the original game)

When people in KH get turned to the dark side, a doppleganger is made called a Nobody. It's an anagram of their name with an X added.

So Roxas is Sora's "Nobody."

They later merge back together, which is the main story of Chain of Memories and the beginning of KH2.

How is the DS Kingdom Hearts game? I love the series, but I never think about playing my DS.
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

It's gotta be hard on these console warriors when their system sells three million units in December yet third party devs are telling it to fuck off.
野球

I don't even know why I like the series. They aren't even that great but there's something about them that I really enjoy.

Same here.
野球

M3wThr33

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19169531&postcount=489

nfan is mad

He's using sales of Wii Play and Nintendo Dogs as a reason for developers to stop making games for the 360 and PS3, because they're all failures or something. And once again used RE4 as an example of some magical game that sells well.

:-\ Amazing.

Actually, the whole thread is awesome. Sad it got locked, because it basically seemed like it was an auto-pilot at that point. Wii owners saying they're important and shit because their grandma owns a Wii and bought him Ninjabreadman, so sales are up and the PS3/360 owners trying to explain that the Wii owners should feel insulted, not sour grapes, at Capcom/Sega/EA/Ubisoft and whoever else joins the team tomorrow.

One guy saying 360/PS3 games are all gimmicks, but the balance board and Wii remote aren't. I do not think that word means what he thinks it means.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:45:56 AM by M3wThr33 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
How is the DS Kingdom Hearts game? I love the series, but I never think about playing my DS.

I spent some brief time with the game and outside of it being completely ugly, it's a pretty fun game. Until I play it all the way, I can't really give anymore detail than that.

I beat it, and it's garbage. One of the worst in the series (which makes... 4 so far?). Dont bother, Distant.
fat

M3wThr33

I still hold out hope for more GunCon3 news.

Bebpo

I like the concept of companies spending no money on casual games for the Wii that make money and then using that money to fund real games on the HD systems.  Everyone wins in the end except non-casual Wii-only owners, but if you only own a Wii and you are a non-casual gamer there is no sympathy; you bought the wrong system.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
http://dorismosley.com/

I found this amazing web page looking for clip art
wha

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
You can't escape the peanut butter!
brb

GilloD

:nsfw kind of

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345]wV3EqugXpBo[/youtube]
[close]

NSFW? Kind of? No nudies, just Demi.

OKAY FOLKS WATCH THE VIDEO FOLKS SEETHAT FOLKS IM TAKIN A BAH FOLKS IN HD FOLKS
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:44:10 AM by GilloD »
wha

GilloD

oh god "shit i dropped the soap oh shit folks" and the squeaking nosie he makes when he gets stuck oh god  :lol :lol
wha

GilloD

in this video i open the Chardonnay and have a conversation about opening it with my dad   

wha

GilloD

Is that his real Dad? Oh god  :lol :lol :lol YA GONNA FUCK IT UP GONNA GIVE YASELF KIDNEY STONES ALL THAT DRINKIN
wha

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1101 on: January 06, 2010, 06:00:32 AM »
Is the avatar thread on gaf just the same people posting over and over again?  I make a slight criticism and they all get anal about it.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am

nfan is mad

He's using sales of Wii Play and Nintendo Dogs as a reason for developers to stop making games for the 360 and PS3, because they're all failures or something. And once again used RE4 as an example of some magical game that sells well.

The best part of those threads is that you can name dozens of games that bomb on Wii that meet their magical criteria for a hardcore game being a success, but if you do you're always met with the same one or two titles that did succeed as a rebuttal.

It's like saying that one man created the universe himself, ignoring all the other evidence and data around you.
itm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1103 on: January 06, 2010, 07:06:18 AM »
Like I said a while back, Nintards will talk shit about Capcom but they never really intended to buy much of their games, regardless of quality.  Same went for Sega.  So when they get all pissy and shit about these statements, it's pretty LOL.

Is the avatar thread on gaf just the same people posting over and over again?  I make a slight criticism and they all get anal about it.

That reminded me of the Michael Jackson thread.  Most (normal) members said R.I.P. or whatever in the thread, maybe made a follow up and left.  Then for the last few weeks the thread was alive, it was a creepy thread of a handful of regulars that turned into a circle jerk.

I think that is just how megathreads are after the first couple of weeks.  Most people make a post or two and then leave.  Then the creepy anal circlejerkers remain.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:08:33 AM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1104 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »
yeah, I just noticed that it was up to 245 fucking pages.  I hate it when people consider a thread on a public forum a sanctuary for fanboy circle-jerking.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1105 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »
[youtube=560,345]TwWU3Sh6XvM[/youtube]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Any movie using Roy Orbison music is OK with me. I like the visuals, and am not emotionally invested in Halloween canon.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1106 on: January 06, 2010, 08:47:14 AM »
[youtube=560,345]3ghfhvTv3Zc[/youtube]
 :-X

This guy is an epic nob. Imitating anime characters is racism? What kind of sheltered fuckface do you have to be to extrapolate that conclusion?

magus

• LIKES FF7

nfan is mad

The best part of those threads is that you can name dozens of games that bomb on Wii that meet their magical criteria for a hardcore game being a success, but if you do you're always met with the same one or two titles that did succeed as a rebuttal.

It's like saying that one man created the universe himself, ignoring all the other evidence and data around you.
well personaly i do get pissed at statement like that,what do you gain by saying "we won't make more wii game" besides shaking the web a little? if you don't want to do more wii games because you think there is nothing to gain simply do not do it,do you see tecmo complaining that the golf games they made were ignored by everyone? nope! because tecmo would have nothing to gain from it

i'm also of the idea that barely anybody made any serious efforts on the wii,if it was namco complaining about tales of graces it would make sense but capcom crying over a spinoff? that's laughable!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:12:02 AM by magus »
<----

cool breeze

Same here.  Proud to be one of the four owners of the Guncon 3.  Now if I could use it for something other than TC4, a game I don't like.

Same here.  Proud to be one of the four owners of the Guncon 3.  Now if I could use it for something other than TC4, a game I don't like.

I kinda want Time Crisis 4 for the PS3...
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
keep fucking wii talk out of this thread and stick it into the other 4000 terrible wii threads currently fucking up the gaming board

Anyway, while I don't care either way, in the Japanese whaling thread some dude trying to say, "but our government whalers are in full compliance with the law, here, let me show you my government's statistics proving this." :rofl
wtc

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Guess the 3rd party wii talk moved to the 3mill sold topic

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19174154&postcount=654

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19175106&postcount=668

:P

All you have to do is make a high profile game, and launch a major marketing campaign, and that will then transform the market. Genius!

Purple Filth

keep fucking wii talk out of this thread and stick it into the other 4000 terrible wii threads currently fucking up the gaming board

what?

those threads are EB exclusive, this thread is about GAF shit  :lol

M3wThr33

This cannot be true :rofl

Oh but it is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19165572&postcount=330
Core gamers are an EASY SELL. They play ANYTHING. They're taken in by graphics and pageantry, and by technological gimmickry. (Hint for people who ain't got it yet: the Wii Remote is not a gimmick. The Wii Balance Board is not a gimmick. Games predicated on repackaging the same shit with fresh shaders and a few meaningless variations in stale formulas are gimmicks.)

You heard it here first, folks. SHADERS and stale formulas are gimmicks.

The Balance Board isn't a gimmick? That's the epitome of gimmick.
野球

M3wThr33

Tell that to him. It's up to 3rd parties to make better games than Nintendo. That's why all is fail. But can that even happen in the mind of a Nintendo fanboy who doesn't even understand the word 'gimmick?'

OptimoPeach

Did this console wars shit always exist? I never paid much attention to SRS video game discussion prior to this generation, and I still don't get the fanboy phenomenon at all
hi5

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
The Wii remote is a legitimate controller that has potential. The Wii Fit board is basically the definition of gimmick in gaming

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]Z_KnBKriGog[/youtube]
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1120 on: January 06, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
oh yes

they have been raging with equal intensity since the nes/sms/c64 days
duc

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[youtube=560,345]Z_KnBKriGog[youtube]

:wtf What a Sea Shepard? Is is greenpeace stuff?
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

More or less. The ship that got whacked was an anti-whaling vessel that was going after the Japanese whaling ship that the cameraman was taping from.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
It lost!  :lol
©ZH

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones

It's kinda funny. In America and the rest of the West, they're just seen as hippies who are kinda acting like douchebags and giving conservationism a bad name. While I've heard and read that in Japan, the media portrays them as this Pirate Terrorist Army terrorizing the high seas.
wtc

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
Where's Arby Sandwich at.

Find the source of this, thanks...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2139/1262729643801.gif

(it's gabe newell)  :nsfw

I'm pretty sure it's from this site:

http://www.coolbearv8.com/site/index.php
うぐう

Powerslave

FF7, FF8, FF10, Parasite Eve, Musashi all have great character designs.

THAT'S OUR HIMU *laughtrack*

Everyone knows it's HIMU! *that's ME!*

M3wThr33

Did this console wars shit always exist? I never paid much attention to SRS video game discussion prior to this generation, and I still don't get the fanboy phenomenon at all
It did always exist, however from NES up to around N64 it didn't really get much attention as Nintendo had such a choke-hold on the industry in terms of sales AND quality. (Now it's just sales)

There were random Sega fanboys and a few asian people pirating PS1 games, but it was mostly noise that was ignored.
By the time the PS1 got its footing and had quality titles, there were many many deniers, and that's what really gave root to today's Nintendo fanboys. Sega didn't ever prove much of anything, other than they had blood in Mortal Kombat and blast processing.

But with 4 competitors on the market now (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Apple), every camp has to be more vocal to make themselves distinct. And as much trash as people give the PSP, it sure as fuck made a huge god damn dent in the previously impervious handheld wall that Nintendo had built that stopped the Lynx, Game Gear, NGPC, Wonderswan, Turbo Express and god knows what else.

cool breeze

I kinda want Time Crisis 4 for the PS3...

If you've played TC4 in arcades, it's the same on PS3 + other modes.  I just didn't like TC4 despite really liking TC2 and TC3.  The Guncon 3 itself is nice hardware, though.  Problem that TC4 is the only game that supports it.

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #1129 on: January 06, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
OMG I'm unbanned at neogaf, see you guys in a few months!  :tomato
i

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1130 on: January 06, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »

[youtube=560,345]bk29hsx8Pig[/youtube]

Powerslave

GAF: Real Gays, No Gimmicks

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Ban him.
©@©™

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #1133 on: January 06, 2010, 06:19:42 PM »

wtf :lol

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Malek do an animated version of Corner Gas.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:usavich :usavich :usavich
jon

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

I fought the console fanboy wars before most of you whipper snappers were sucking on your mom's teats.

The real war is Atari vs Commodore. And it's ETERNAL!

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Malek do an animated version of Corner Gas.

Corner Gas?  :wtf

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1138 on: January 06, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »

Cheebs having a conversation...with himself

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Corner Gas?  :wtf
The acting will be better.