Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780957 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
all those tv show threads have creepy attack squads who pile on anyone who criticizes anything about the particular show, too
Yep.
AMC

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374445&page=156

This thread is so embarrassing it makes me feel ashamed that I like the show.

No man, we all have our ridiculous obsessions  :lol

Edit: but to be honest she has more hair on her arms than I do:
http://img199.imageshack.us/f/47289053.jpg/

lol. We've discussed this before. I think she's cute but rather average looking on the whole but that isn't the only reason I find that thread a bit creepy. It's not just her although certainly she is part of it. 

For what its worth there are definitely chicks that I find highly attractive where its more of a personal taste thing rather than some objective scale of beauty. But that thread is just annoying.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:50:38 PM by Stoney Mason »

archie4208

She's attractive, but posting a gigantic zoomed in pic of her thighs is pretty disturbing imo.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Yeah her bewbs are much hotter. 

Skidmark

lol. We've discussed this before. I think she's cute but rather average looking on the whole but that isn't the only reason I find that thread a bit creepy. It's not just her although certainly she is part of it. 

For what its worth there are definitely chicks that I find highly attractive where its more of a personal taste thing rather than some objective scale of beauty. But that thread is just annoying.
I wish this was average where I lived
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
I will drop it now :P

Stoney Mason

I wish this was average where I lived

There are probably ten hotter swedish women at your local convenience store. 

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
community is awesome
Tonya

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
community is ok
AMC

Costanza

I really don't know any non-Americans who like the show.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
with all the in-jokes and references to past american sitcoms and movies, i can certainly see someone outside the usa not really getting into it
sup

Stoney Mason

Skidmark likes it quite a bit and he's Swedish so its not as if its so American it can't cross over. Parks and Recreations by comparison imo is a show that would have a harder time crossing over as it deals with american bureaucracy at least partially. Hollywood culture presented in community is generally transported all across the globe.

Eric P

• Icon
with all the in-jokes and references to past american sitcoms and movies, i can certainly see someone outside the usa not really getting into it

i can see that

we only recently started exporting freedom to the arabian peninsula, so give it time, guys

spoiler (click to show/hide)
penisula, amirite?
[close]
Tonya

Skidmark

Skidmark likes it quite a bit and he's Swedish so its not as if its so American it can't cross over. Parks and Recreations by comparison imo is a show that would have a harder time crossing over as it deals with american bureaucracy at least partially. Hollywood culture presented in community is generally transported all across the globe.
I wonder if brobzoid watches community too.
What you said about Parks and Recreations was true at least for me. I watched almost the whole first season but for a reason or another I didn't really enjoy it.

Skidmark

i can see that

we only recently started exporting freedom to the arabian peninsula, so give it time, guys

spoiler (click to show/hide)
penisula, amirite?
[close]

I will allow it.

Skidmark

I was there just last week.
How are you talking to us then?

Stoney Mason

What you said about Parks and Recreations was true at least for me. I watched almost the whole first season but for a reason or another I didn't really enjoy it.

To be fair the first season pretty much sucked in general so its not surprising that was your opinion. Mine was the same. It was trying to be a bad office clone. But it got much better the second season when it started doing its own thing. But I still kinda think foreign audiences would have a tougher time with it because of some of the reasons I mentioned.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Saudi Arabia gave us the bin Ladins, Puerto Rico gave us reggaeton music. it's not hard to see who committed the worst atrocities here. ichi, you owe us all an apology.

Puerto Rico also gave the world

Rosario Dawson
Rosalyn Sanchez
5 Miss Universes
Jennifer Lopez's ass
Benicio del Toro
Raul Julia, who played M. Bison AND Gomez Addams
Jose Ferrer, who played Cyrano de Bergerac AND the Emperor in David Lynch's Dune
His son Miguel Ferrer, who created fucking ROBOCOP
Hector Elizondo
Meagan Good
Luis Guzman (bow to him)
Joaquin Phoenix
Zoe Saldana
Kiele Sanchez
Jimmy Smits

So in conclusion, bomb Saudi Arabia, bow to Puerto Rico.  And Hyoushi, stfu and sit the fuck down. :smug

She is more Dominican than Puerto Rican.
Drunk

Smooth Groove

Probably why 30 Rock had a 0 rating in its German debut.   :'(

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow

I love Community.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
The non-americans not getting jokes is really untrue.
brb

Skidmark

The jokes that I don't get are usually old movie references and so on but jokes like big boob, small boob and black boob aren't really that hard to understand.

Skidmark

Community is ok, I kinda hate the acting though. What do you call the type of acting that try to make the actor cool, funny, and say the right thing pretty fast without taking a split of a second to think? yeah, whatever it is, I hate it.
You will love the big bang theory.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Community is ok, I kinda hate the acting though. What do you call the type of acting that try to make the actor cool, funny, and say the right thing pretty fast without taking a split of a second to think? yeah, whatever it is, I hate it.

well, that's more writing than acting
AMC

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
I like community, hate the big bang theory.
brb

Skidmark

My friends were begging me to watch the big bang theory, so I downloaded the first three seasons. You better be in the minority Rebiak.
If you hate tv shows where the script is written in a way that A says something to B so that B say something cool to A and it is very obvious about it you probably won't like it. There are probably somethings that you won't like about and might complain about them but just try to enjoy the show. If it works for you then keep watching if not then just drop it after 4-6 episodes.

Robo

so it's basically Friends?
obo

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I hate community and the big bang theory, you'll should get some taste.
Drunk

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
big bang theory is the stupidest sitcom i have recently experienced
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Big Bang Theory is terrible.
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
my parents love big bang theory

this means it is probably terrible
Tonya

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Big Bang Theory is turrible.  8)

Was this posted?

[youtube=560,345]uLTIowBF0kE[/youtube]

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
I used to be a huge fan of Sports Night, until someone - Family Guy, I think? - totally called out Adam Sarkin's writing style. Like:

"Give me a pretzel."
"You want a pretzel?"
"That's what I said, give me a pretzel!"
"Oh, well here's your pretzel."

I tried re-watching the series and like, fifteen seconds in they were doing that kind of cross-talk. So, that combined with the jaunty Sports Night theme song equals me never ever ever watching that shit again.
dap

Saint Cornelius

I still say the first season of The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman is an, ahem, minor masterpiece
dap

Saint Cornelius

I don't know why I'm posting all these in here :teehee
dap

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I hate community and the big bang theory, you'll should get some taste.

lo'll
sup

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
I'll never watch big Bang theory.

One time this poster at GAF linked to this video of it, where they are in this kids stuff thing and there are so many colored balls you can dive into them, and apparently it was supposed to be hilarious. And it wasn't, i didn't even crack a smile at what was happening, i instantly knew...the show sucks.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Why is wrath pm'ing me about email accounts? Did he get banned or something?
sad

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Saudi Arabia gave us the bin Ladins, Puerto Rico gave us reggaeton music. it's not hard to see who committed the worst atrocities here. ichi, you owe us all an apology.

Puerto Rico also gave the world

Rosario Dawson
Rosalyn Sanchez
5 Miss Universes
Jennifer Lopez's ass
Benicio del Toro
Raul Julia, who played M. Bison AND Gomez Addams
Jose Ferrer, who played Cyrano de Bergerac AND the Emperor in David Lynch's Dune
His son Miguel Ferrer, who created fucking ROBOCOP
Hector Elizondo
Meagan Good
Luis Guzman (bow to him)
Joaquin Phoenix
Zoe Saldana
Kiele Sanchez
Jimmy Smits

So in conclusion, bomb Saudi Arabia, bow to Puerto Rico.  And Hyoushi, stfu and sit the fuck down. :smug

She is more Dominican than Puerto Rican.

But she's part Puerto Rican nevertheless.  Don't worry, at least you've got Sammy Sosa. :tbslol
PS4

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Why is wrath pm'ing me about email accounts? Did he get banned or something?

Better pucker that bootyhole, he's comin' for ya'
:9

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Why is GS banned from WYL? :lol

that's truly shocking considering their hands-off approach to moderation
sup

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

that's truly shocking considering their hands-off approach to moderation

:lol
PS4

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
anyway, its not rocket science folks, if you need an email account find some obscure free email site with a non assuming name and use that. Like google "free email" and pick something towards the back end of the results. The volume of users applying at GAF means the moderation is not going to verify if your email provider is a paid service or not.
sad

Costanza

Alt account.

Smooth Groove

Once again Green Shinobi is screwed even though people were trolling him first. :fbm

Stoney Mason

I'll never understand nerds who base their entire ego around forums...

???

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Costanza

Is he like bipolar/schizophrenic? I dont understand why someone would post on two accounts the way he was. The other one wasn't even a joke account.

???

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Is he like bipolar/schizophrenic? I dont understand why someone would post on two accounts the way he was. The other one wasn't even a joke account.

???

He's crazy.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

???

:lol

Unsolved Mysteries
:9

Smooth Groove

WYL jumped the shark.  GS could have provided many more laughs before it got out of control.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Should have given him his own board, "Green Shinobi's Korner," and granted him permission to make as many alt accounts as he wanted there

sup

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Should have given him his own board, "Green Shinobi's Korner," and granted him permission to make as many alt accounts as he wanted there

iirc, he was given his own board here at the bore.  Dude didn't know how good he had it.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
anyway, its not rocket science folks, if you need an email account find some obscure free email site with a non assuming name and use that. Like google "free email" and pick something towards the back end of the results. The volume of users applying at GAF means the moderation is not going to verify if your email provider is a paid service or not.

Well thanks man, and yeah I was perma'd

Why

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
That's true, we did give him his own board.
PSP

Costanza

Why
Evilore spying on GAF PMs

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I still think it's hilarious you were banned for something so petty.  And the fact that you want to go back there after that makes me :lol even more.
PS4

Costanza

I still like the place, I just hate EviLore.

Was going to post this.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow

Why
Evilore spying on GAF PMs

You gotta be kidding

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Nope.
PS4

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
I didn't even knew that was possible. And that someone would do it, when they are private messages is just creepy.