Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780399 times)

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
is it this one?

(Image removed from quote.)

Nah it's some cheap plastic one I had to paint, her right hand is on her hip (she's wearing the white pants and pink top).

It almost looks just like this one:

I got it in the late 90's/early 2000's.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:52:38 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Completely disagree about the gaming side on EB. The last thing EB needs is more forced threads on either side. I like that random and what are you playing eliminate most of the bullshit threads that would be created and then die in a day or two or just create lots of random stupid ass talk.

The best thing about EB on the gaming side is that nearly every thread is about a specific game. If you want to talk about that game then enter that thread and start talking. Otherwise leave all the pundit wankery and other foolishness out. If you want a side to be better then particpate more and talk about the games you are playing. The last thing I would like to see is shitloads of useless threads like GAF has. More activity does not equal better activity. More activity in my experience generally means more bullshit.

Constant new threads for here is some new video or here is some minor news that nobody cares about only helps to generate faux conversation and dead threads and lot of people repeating themselves on the same subjects over and over again.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:13:35 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Your board is fun to troll because all those like 15 year old gaffers have no sense of humor but without shake to co-troll it's going to be boring. meh.

See, there it is again.
MMA

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Your board is fun to troll because all those like 15 year old gaffers have no sense of humor but without shake to co-troll it's going to be boring. meh.

See, there it is again.
Yep.  Board is useless now really that shake quit. I told him to do that George Costazana topic with just that picture that I found but he kind of ended up ruining it by continuing to start shit after and not letting the picture speak for himself, oh well. I don't care enough about trolling them to do so on my own and any serious discussion I'd rather do here since EB isn't full of (at least not entirely) really stupid 15 year olds who start to lose their shit if someone doesn't claim BTTF 2 is the best movie ever made. I really doubt I'll ever post anymore there.

Mupepe

• Icon
Shake should have never been banned from Mupepe.com  :'(

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
They just don't understands shakes humor :smug
:9

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
I think that although they both served a purpose at one time, either the "random gaming talk" or the "what are you playing?" thread need to die.  A lot of discussion that could have made interesting stand alone topics withered and died in those threads, and each makes the other redundant.  This board moves slowly enough that even without them a thread with very few responses would stay visible on the front page for days.

Totally agreed. 

edit:  Oh wait you were only talking about the gaming side.  Don't really care about that, but I'd like to voice a similar sentiment for the Random Talk thread.  Malek's Log was genuinely interesting but the Random Talk thread that was conceived after Malek retired only serves to nix potentially good threads in the butt and makes the forum seem more inactive than it is.  If it weren't for BlackMages initiative there wouldn't even be a Riddler thread, come on! 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:09:46 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Mupepe

• Icon
If the random talk thread was busier it would make sense, but it's been slow for a while.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
a thread called "random gaming talk" is the very definition of bullshit wankery
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Is there any forum The Dark Shake ain't banned at?

Evilbore
dog

Cheebs

About halfway through this gets fucking absurd  :lol
[youtube=560,345]E9dIsVNpAhA[/youtube]

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Ok guys, since Jinfash tends to ignore threads the administration has decided to remove them.

Just kidding! Enjoy your suffering!
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Completely destroyed. By a pose, no less.

Indeed.  The banning of Shake is almost always the harbinger of a forum's death.  Only Evilbore has avoided that fate, and that's because Shake left of his own volition.
Huh. Shake left because he thought he was going to get kicked, and he'd rather he made the decision. Yeah, he chose, but it was based in his assumption that the same thing was going to happen here that has happened other places. That's not a problem in EB's makeup, and it's not even a problem in any other forums that kicked him. It's a problem in Shake.

The thing about a trollish sense of humor is that, by default, there's this antisocial, selfish insistence that everyone either "gets it" or if fair game to be a victim just because "they don't get it." However, that assumes that everyone is free to do whatever they want, to be as inconsiderate or hurtful as they please, because in the end they can just claim "Oh, it's all a joke." The "just kidding" excuse is a massive cop out to avoid taking responsibility for one's effect on others. Indulging in it reeks of entitlement.

Stoney Mason

a thread called "random gaming talk" is the very definition of bullshit wankery

Good. Keep it all in one thread then instead of vomited all over the rest of the forum into a shitload of dead links and threads then.

No one is stopping any one from making any threads from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:00:47 PM by Stoney Mason »

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
You're very defensive about EB for someone who barely posts here.
PS4

Stoney Mason

The thing is I'm not trying to denigrate good conversation. I'm all for good conversation. If someone thinks something is interesting then by all means post a thread about it. But let's fully admit the true situation. This is a relatively small forum. Some people don't game on it. And some people don't rabidly game on it. Its pretty obvious who the hardcore gamers are and they generally do a good job of actual game discussion and game impressions and or game hype from what I've seen. Its post E3 and the summer is a dead time for gaming. The forum kind of reflects that.

Like I said I like that most of the threads on the gaming side are mostly full of content rather than 50 10 post threads about the small game stuff that happens that litters gaming blogs like Kotaku and gaf. Just trying to say good game discussion comes from talk about games being played. If there is an issue, I don't believe it is an organization issue. I like that I actually think a second before I post a thread on EB rather than just spamming that new topic button like a monkey.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:44:25 PM by Stoney Mason »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

See, there it is again.
Yep. 

what the fuck do you mean, "yep"?  I'm referring to your and Shake's narcissistic belief that without your obnoxious presence, any board automatically becomes "boring"
MMA

Cheebs

See, there it is again.
Yep. 

what the fuck do you mean, "yep"?  I'm referring to your and Shake's narcissistic belief that without your obnoxious presence, any board automatically becomes "boring"
I agree with you though? EB survived the random patches of time I wasn't there and survived the often multi-year long absences Shake never posted.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
  (Newser)  – The former lover of a popular Brazilian goalkeeper was "fed to dogs," according to police. The body of Eliza Samudio, 25, hasn't been found, but traces of her blood were discovered in soccer star Bruno Fernandes de Souza's car, say authorities. Samudio was kidnapped from a hotel, beaten, strangled and cut into pieces, with some parts fed to a rottweiler and others buried in concrete, say police who base the account on other suspects' revelations. When Samudio told Fernandes she couldn't take any more beating, he responded, "You're not going to be beaten any more, you are going to die," said the lead investigator, who called the goalkeeper a "monster.'

Fernandes was reportedly angry that Samudio decided to have the baby she conceived with the goalkeeper and that she was insisting he acknowledge his 4-month-old son. Fernandes has surrendered to police, but maintains he has a "clear conscience" and will "laugh at all this" in the future. He's worried, however, that the incident might keep him from playing in the next World Cup. His club, Flamengo, has suspended Fernandes' contract and will not defend him against the charges. His wife and friends have also been arrested, notes the BBC.

Read more: http://www.newser.com/story/95051/brazil-soccer-stars-lover-fed-to-dogs.html#ixzz0tCtm176s

and people say soccer is boring
Tonya

Stoney Mason

Puts on Count Dookake hat.

"Well that relationship certainly went to the dogs!"

:fbm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

I agree with you though? EB survived the random patches of time I wasn't there and survived the often multi-year long absences Shake never posted.

Well get him here dude, there's enough people that actually like him.

Shake's a troll. A good troll, sometimes a funny troll, but still a troll.
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Well get him here dude, there's enough people that actually like him.

no, bad wrath.  No cookie for you.
MMA

Stoney Mason

About halfway through this gets fucking absurd  :lol
[youtube=560,345]E9dIsVNpAhA[/youtube]

Ricky Gervais

:bow2

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:30:05 PM by Stoney Mason »

Bulleta©™®

Indeed.  The banning of Shake is almost always the harbinger of a forum's death.  Only Evilbore has avoided that fate, and that's because Shake left of his own volition.
Huh. Shake left because he thought he was going to get kicked, and he'd rather he made the decision. Yeah, he chose, but it was based in his assumption that the same thing was going to happen here that has happened other places. That's not a problem in EB's makeup, and it's not even a problem in any other forums that kicked him. It's a problem in Shake.

The thing about a trollish sense of humor is that, by default, there's this antisocial, selfish insistence that everyone either "gets it" or if fair game to be a victim just because "they don't get it." However, that assumes that everyone is free to do whatever they want, to be as inconsiderate or hurtful as they please, because in the end they can just claim "Oh, it's all a joke." The "just kidding" excuse is a massive cop out to avoid taking responsibility for one's effect on others. Indulging in it reeks of entitlement.

Exactly, thank you.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:22:35 PM by Bulleta©™® »

Skidmark

Exactly, thank you.
I'd love to join in the counter-lol's business, but I don't know who you are.
Glad you liked it :P

Bulleta©™®

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
Twas by no means a knock at you, good sir. I've popped by here and there over the years and it just drives me away.

No offense taken, my man. Any rational person would stay the fuck away from there.

However the bigtittied cosplayer thread over there is definitely something worth looking at.  :-\

Ricky Gervais

:bow2

Didja see him on Louie as the doctor? Funny stuff.
dap

Stoney Mason

Didja see him on Louie as the doctor? Funny stuff.

Not yet. Haven't seen the show yet but I also love Louis CK so I'll get around to it.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
some what not safe for work.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Boo

Mupepe

• Icon
some what not safe for work.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Skidmark

According to an advisory posted on the web site of Argentinian group of security researchers, they were able to obtain access to the Pirate Bay’s administration panel, by discovering multiple SQL injections, leading to the exposure of emails, MD5 hashes for passwords, and the IP address for any particular Pirate Bay user.

The video produced by the group, shows the user names of uploaders, associated emails and IP addresses, reasons for getting banned, including detailed logs of their activities on the tracker. Strangely enough, the Pirate Bay appears to have a special “List 100 newest users with GMail” feature, next to the searchable database of emails.

The web site of the Pirate Bay is currently returning the following message “Upgrading some stuff, database is in use for backups, soon back again.. Btw, it’s nice weather outside I think.” indicating that they’re aware of the compromise.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/the-pirate-bay-hacked-through-multiple-sql-injections/6776

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

Saw that in the anime thread at gaf :lol
IYKYK

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Twas by no means a knock at you, good sir. I've popped by here and there over the years and it just drives me away.

No offense taken, my man. Any rational person would stay the fuck away from there.

However the bigtittied cosplayer thread over there is definitely something worth looking at.  :-\

Link plz?

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

Link plz?

Don't bother.  Most of them are fatties.

This one is way more interesting because the pics came from attention whores who actually posted at OA. 

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/45994-post-pics-of-oa-bitches-looking-good-here/

Skidmark

How about the three of you start your own forum where no one can ban you?

They already tried that after blowing up Lyte's board. :lol
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
lyte blew up his own board.
PS4

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

FatalT

You like the place because you like stupid forums, which is why you were a mod at GAF.

I guess, dunno who you are.  I like places that there's actual discussion.  People like shake add no such thing.  Why are you here exactly? This place isn't really the bumpingest place around.  I mean, if this place is the cream of the crop to you...hmm.  Nothing wrong with a place to bullshit, which is what EB seems to be, but sure thing, trying to have a decent back-and-forth is stupid.

That's nice but I don't see you adding anything to the gaming side yet.

Nobody cares about the gaming side. Gaming is for nerds.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
off topic > playing games > talking about games.
UNF

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fucking fat chicks > your stupid avatar
fat

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
both of you = cunts
UNF

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
is this a torrent site devoted to canadian and australian television?

http://theempire.bz/signup.php
Tonya

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Why are you asking us?
fat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
fucking fat chicks > *

Fixed that for you fearless leader.
Drunk

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
both of you = cunts

so simple, yet so effective :lol
AMC

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
He's expanding his mathematical boundaries. :teehee

im expanding something  :teehee
UNF

Bulleta©™®

You like the place because you like stupid forums, which is why you were a mod at GAF.

I guess, dunno who you are.  I like places that there's actual discussion.  People like shake add no such thing.  Why are you here exactly? This place isn't really the bumpingest place around.  I mean, if this place is the cream of the crop to you...hmm.  Nothing wrong with a place to bullshit, which is what EB seems to be, but sure thing, trying to have a decent back-and-forth is stupid.

I'm not much a thread starter.  I'm participating in a couple threads.  Better than bitching about GAF all day.  The last new game I got was Devil Summoner 2, last August.  There isn't too much for me to randomly make a thread about, but I'll gladly post in threads that I can say something in them.

I don't see why I am supposed to be this "savior to the gaming side" of 2 forums. :/

There's been 2 threads recently made about the 2 games I am playing right now, that L4D one about me, and that FF12 International one.  That's at least something.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:01:31 AM by Bulleta©™® »

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
bulleta heeyyyy fancy seeing you here.. umm i really have changed y'know.. i was provoked in here!!!  :-[
UNF

Bulleta©™®

Hi BM.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

I'm not much a thread starter.  I'm participating in a couple threads.  Better than bitching about GAF all day.  The last new game I got was Devil Summoner 2, last August.  There isn't too much for me to randomly make a thread about, but I'll gladly post in threads that I can say something in them.

I don't see why I am supposed to be this "savior to the gaming side" of 2 forums. :/

There's been 2 threads recently made about the 2 games I am playing right now, that L4D one about me, and that FF12 International one.  That's at least something.

I don't think anyone is calling you a savior to anything. I think this board is derelict, but it satisfies my need to proclaim my opinion is better than everyone elses. We have lots of nostalgia threads too.
fat

Himu

* Himuro doesn't understand any of the hostility
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

You're....agreeing with me that Shake is a shit poster, and that when coupled with Shake, you are a shit poster as well?  ???
MMA

Himu

stop talking about shake. it makes me want a strawberry shake RIGHT NAOW
IYKYK

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Vanilla > Strawberry

Himu

No way

NO WAY
IYKYK